Photo

How did this happen?

11 replies to this topic

#1 Ninjatron

Ninjatron

These are the results of ninja training!

• Citizen
  • 2065 posts
  • Faction::Free Agent

Posted 11 October 2011 - 01:45 AM

I assure you all, I am not one of those "Mint in Package" collectors. But when I thought I was going to move a few years ago, I packed my collection away and stopped opening anything new I bought due to the uncertainty at the time. That seemed like a good idea, but the move did not go through and I kept collecting anyway so it kind of spiraled into, well, this:

There are things going all the way back to Energon here but these were all acquired within the past 3 years, so I haven't been hoarding them for that long. In fact, much of this is just from the past year or two, and a lot of this was purchased for below retail prices. I have purchased second hand loose toys as well, so it's not like I wanted this to happen.

I'm a little disappointed that it got to this point, as I was always one of those open toy advocates. But I have to say that it's actually been a lot of fun to collect and display these boxed toys. I can't explain why, but I've enjoyed it. Having these on my shelves in my office made for a cool set up when everything I had before was packed up for the move.

Now, as it turns out, I am moving in a few weeks so I will have to open most of this stuff just to save space. I figured it would be cool to take some photos of everything before I dug in. It's going to be like Christmas morning every day for awhile.

So, what should I open first?

Sayonara.

#2 Aphel Aura

Aphel Aura

I see a red door and I want it painted black.

• Supporter
  • 1615 posts

Posted 14 October 2011 - 04:14 PM

I see that you have a MOSC Universe Frostbite.

I want to, no, I demand to, take it off your hands, because it is the only act that will restore balance to the universe.
QUOTE(The Doctor Who @ Nov 14 2012, 02:59 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
You know there's a shortage of words in the world today, you should economize.

QUOTE(Master Fwiffo @ Mar 21 2011, 10:13 AM)
LIFESTYLES ASSOCIATED WITH HONOR:
Samurai
Shipmaster
Klingon
Toy Collector

#3 Dx3

Dx3

o_0

• Citizen
  • 1976 posts
  • Faction::Decepticon

Posted 14 October 2011 - 06:25 PM

Looks like you have a lot of playing to do!
Photo Work and Customs

#4 grinkrystal

grinkrystal

transformerscustomtoys.com

• Citizen
  • 64 posts
  • Faction::Autobot

Posted 17 October 2011 - 01:45 AM

we get addicted sometimes to toys icon-hotrod.gif nice cool-lection mate icon-ironhide.gif

#5 Ninjatron

Ninjatron

• Citizen
  • 2065 posts

Posted 18 October 2011 - 11:53 AM

QUOTE(Aphel Aura @ Oct 14 2011, 09:14 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I see that you have a MOSC Universe Frostbite.

I want to, no, I demand to, take it off your hands, because it is the only act that will restore balance to the universe.

Chaos shall reign as usual then. I've opened everything, put them all in plastic bags, and packed them up.

It took DAYS and I wasn't really able to play since time is of the essence. But when I move and get a new house, then the fun will begin.

Sayonara.

#6 TheMightyMollusk

TheMightyMollusk

We stay our course, whatever may come

• Citizen
  • 16694 posts
  • Faction::Unicron's Spawn

Posted 18 October 2011 - 12:18 PM

I am strangely curious to see the pile of opened packaging.

#7 Ninjatron

Ninjatron

• Citizen
  • 2065 posts

Posted 18 October 2011 - 12:31 PM

QUOTE(TheMightyMollusk @ Oct 18 2011, 05:18 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I am strangely curious to see the pile of opened packaging.

Heh! That would have been a good idea to have taken a picture of the wreckage pile, though it likely would have consumed us all had it not been taken care of already. It was disposed of in batches as I was opening so the pile never got too out of hand.

The only things I didn't open were the 4 boxed leaders (will open eventually), the Battle in Space set (don't really need to open it, bought it just to have) and the special Japanese Deluxe Animated Prime.

Sayonara.

#8 The Doctor Who

The Doctor Who

I don't like the color...

• Supporter
  • 3248 posts

Posted 18 October 2011 - 08:53 PM

You have an unopened Windcharger.

WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU MAN?!

That one, that is the one that must be opened first (if it's not too late for that), just to atone for the sin of not opening your toys especially the hard-to-come-by ones. icon-fire.gif

0n39.png

#9 Ninjatron

Ninjatron

• Citizen
  • 2065 posts

Posted 19 October 2011 - 01:24 PM

QUOTE(The Doctor Who @ Oct 19 2011, 01:53 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

That one, that is the one that must be opened first (if it's not too late for that), just to atone for the sin of not opening your toys especially the hard-to-come-by ones. icon-fire.gif

Ha ha! I was lucky enough to find a Windcharger at retail, but I wasn't expecting to find one or even seriously looking, so I in wasn't in any hurry to tear into it.

He's opened now and packed away with the rest of my stuff as it's all moving this weekend. Cool little figure but not worthy of all the hype the fandom has put into it.

Sayonara.

#10 TrnsfrmGod

TrnsfrmGod

Home

• Supporter
  • 4373 posts

Posted 25 October 2011 - 02:06 PM

It's nice to know I'm not the only one whose "hoarding" has gone a little unchecked. Now that I have cleared off one of my shelves, I have room to display stuff again, and I'm slowly getting throughmy pile.

Still a way to go, though.

Congrats on getting the job dong Ninja!

#11 chonosmoon

chonosmoon
  • Citizen
  • 82 posts
  • Faction::Decepticon

Posted 29 January 2012 - 11:52 AM

whoa

#12 Smitty

Smitty

Things and stuff

• MORON
  • 20145 posts

Posted 05 June 2012 - 08:04 PM

QUOTE(The Doctor Who @ Oct 18 2011, 07:53 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I too have an unopened Windcharger, but I also have an opened one. icon-fire.gif

I'm not a fan of voting on peoples posts. it just seems very passive aggressive to click 'down vote' and not add anything to the thread. and up votes are exactly the same. to my mind the whole point of a forum is discussion and being able to just easily agree or disagree takes the discussion out of the equation.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users