13 replies to this topic

#1 Rhapsody

Rhapsody

Just, go away.

• Citizen
  • 22850 posts
  • Faction::Free Agent

Posted 07 October 2011 - 05:49 PM

So besides LOZ:OOT 3D what are some other good games I could play for it?

As an aside: Yes Kal, I still have the DS you sold me; I'm not getting rid of that being the Zelda fan I am.

EDIT: Got it to update thanks to the nintendo website.

Edited by Database, 07 October 2011 - 09:44 PM.

3DS Friend Code: 0387-9040-3532

#2 spikeriley

spikeriley

Follower Of The Helix Fossil

• Citizen
  • 2516 posts

Posted 07 October 2011 - 05:56 PM

QUOTE(Database @ Oct 7 2011, 05:49 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Also trying to do a system update and it keeps telling me there is a system error, what should I do about that? I know I need to run it to get the e-shop.

As an aside: Yes Kal, I still have the DS you sold me; I'm not getting rid of that being the Zelda fan I am.

Star Fox 64 is good. Also, the upcoming Pokemon Rumble Blast and next month's Super Mario 3D Land are must-haves.
The almighty Helix Fossil has spoken!

#3 Kalidor

Kalidor

Get some!

• Owner
  • 55243 posts
  • Faction::Cannonball's Pirate Crew

Posted 07 October 2011 - 08:47 PM

QUOTE(Database @ Oct 7 2011, 06:49 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Also trying to do a system update and it keeps telling me there is a system error, what should I do about that? I know I need to run it to get the e-shop.

icon-ironhide.gif

#4 Tm_Silverclaw

Tm_Silverclaw
  • Citizen
  • 7852 posts
  • Faction::Maximal

Posted 07 October 2011 - 09:16 PM

Spider-Man: Edge of Time is good if you don't have it for the other systems.

#5 tigerhawk

tigerhawk
  • Citizen
  • 4743 posts

Posted 08 October 2011 - 01:30 AM

Right now it's mostly ports but in the future Nintendo have
Super Mario Land 3D
Luigis Mansion 2
Kid Icarus

Capcom have:
Resident Evil Revelations
Monster Hunter 3G

Which are guaranteed to be good if you like the console versions.
And I am sure there will be a lot more games in the future.

"Do not be led by others, awaken your own mind, amass your own experience, and decide for yourself your own path." -The Atharva Veda

#6 Anonymous X

Anonymous X
  • Citizen
  • 2076 posts
  • Faction::RIRFIB

Posted 08 October 2011 - 12:47 PM

I've gotten a few 3DS games so far, here's my opinions. In order of purchase.

Ridge Racer 3D: It's really good, because it's Ridge Racer. But you have to 'grind' through too many no-challenge easy grand prixes to get to the challenging parts, and it might be too familiar if you have played RR 6 and 7 or the PSPs games a lot. Semi-recommended.
Pilotwings Resort: Quite nice, and fun while it lasts, which will only be 10 hours. Much as there are commendable parts of the game, unless you can get it really cheap, and don't mind it being primarily a score attack challenge, I can't recommend it.
Puzzle Bobble Universe: basically terrible, limited levels, no multiplayer and awful, imprecise controls. Avoid.
Ocarina of Time 3D: Amazing. The game has aged like fine wine, and looks better than ever. Best 30 hours of gameplay I've had in years. Strongly recommended.
Star Fox 64 3D: reveals how the game wasn't actually that good in the first place. Completely humdrum and unexciting. Awful Sega Saturn style 'pop up' too. Unless you rabidly love Star Fox 64 and want to play again for score attack purposes, don't. Unrecommended.

(Also played Nintendogs + Cats, as my sister owns it. It's Nintendogs, with cats, in 3D. Basically.)
QUOTE(Specimen-17 @ Feb 29 2012, 07:34 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Ultimately, collecting toys with gold plastic is like global thermonuclear war. The only way to win is not to play.

#7 Anonymous X

Anonymous X
  • Citizen
  • 2076 posts
  • Faction::RIRFIB

Posted 08 October 2011 - 01:16 PM

QUOTE(Tornadron @ Oct 8 2011, 07:30 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Right now it's mostly ports but in the future Nintendo have
Super Mario Land 3D
Luigis Mansion 2
Kid Icarus

Incidentally, I've noticed lots of advert hoardings for the 3DS on bus stops here in the UK. The sole games advertised are Super Mario 3D Land and Mario Kart 7, which aren't even out yet. Possibly worrying, that.
QUOTE(Specimen-17 @ Feb 29 2012, 07:34 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Ultimately, collecting toys with gold plastic is like global thermonuclear war. The only way to win is not to play.

#8 HeyMickey

HeyMickey

I'll take you like a man!

• Supporter
  • 5307 posts
  • Faction::RIBFIR

Posted 08 October 2011 - 08:08 PM

Ghost Recon Shadow Wars is excellent if you like turn based strategy.
Samurai Warriors is really great too if you like those those types of games. I've logged in close to 80 hours on it thanks to all the free DLC. icon-silverbolt.gif
Tetris Axis is good, but not spectacular. Definitely not a "show off" game, but hey, it's Tetris and its packed with a ton of Tetris variations (bombtris, tower climber, etc.)
O̾b̾͊Eͮ͛͋yͨ̑̓͊̚ ̾̄ͯ̓ͨ̃͌̂̚d͂ͥͧͥͯ̂ͨ̓̚O̽ͥ̈́ͦͣ̂̏̚g̎̎ͯ̑ͤͫLͯ̓͆̿̑ͩa̍̄Wͥͬ̊̅
QUOTE(SpinOut! @ Feb 15 2011, 05:59 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Toni Basil's face
Photoshopped everywhere
I am terrified

#9 Hecate

Hecate

Beyond the Bounds

• Citizen
  • 27849 posts

Posted 09 October 2011 - 01:11 AM

Staaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaar Foooooooooooooooooox

superliminalsubliminalliminal

#10 corgsopal

corgsopal

It was catastro-, catastro-feeling good

• Supporter
  • 5043 posts
  • Faction::Lesbian Ninja

Posted 09 October 2011 - 01:33 AM

QUOTE(Tm_Silverclaw @ Oct 7 2011, 08:16 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Spider-Man: Edge of Time is good if you don't have it for the other systems.

I've been looking everywhere for reviews of that one. It intrigues me.

I'd never played a Lego game before, so Lego Star Wars and Pirates were a lot of fun. I have a soft spot for my Nintendogs (and cat), but I know that's not for everyone. All 3 of the arcade fighters are good, if you have the skills to compete. I'm partial to the over-the-shoulder mode in Street Fighter 4. My roommate enjoyed the Splinter Cell port, but I never got to try it. I'm about 60 hours in to Devil Survivor Overclocked, but it doesn't use the 3D much at all. And it's a strategy RPG.

Cave Story looks good too. And I can't wait for Kingdom Hearts and Animal Crossing. I wouldn't worry about Kid Icarus and Luigi not having ads yet, since they don't come out until next year, and the Marios will be the backbone of the holiday sales season.
Reclaim the suffix.

#11 tigerhawk

tigerhawk
  • Citizen
  • 4743 posts

Posted 09 October 2011 - 03:15 AM

Spider-Man Edge of Time is the exact same game as the console versions but from what I read it's nothing to get excited about on any platform.
Here's some videos of it from a camera
http://www.youtube.c...WbShEVZUc#t=15s
http://www.youtube.c...0...der&list=UL
http://www.youtube.c...Q...der&list=UL
http://www.youtube.c...s...der&list=UL

I haven't bought it yet thanks to some reviews and will wait till it drops in price.

Here's hoping Transformers Fall of Cybertron gets a similar port.

Edited by Tornadron, 09 October 2011 - 03:38 AM.

"Do not be led by others, awaken your own mind, amass your own experience, and decide for yourself your own path." -The Atharva Veda

#12 Rhapsody

Rhapsody

Just, go away.

• Citizen
  • 22850 posts
  • Faction::Free Agent

Posted 09 October 2011 - 08:46 AM

QUOTE(DiscoSpider @ Oct 9 2011, 12:33 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I wouldn't worry about Kid Icarus and Luigi not having ads yet, since they don't come out until next year, and the Marios will be the backbone of the holiday sales season.

Yeah lately it seems Nintendo starts with a Zelda as their killer app, then move on to Mario to continue sales before going to any other big character in their library.
3DS Friend Code: 0387-9040-3532

#13 Caldwin

Caldwin

You're not afraid of the dark, are you?

• Citizen
  • 7635 posts
  • Faction::Equestrian

Posted 09 October 2011 - 10:12 AM

I'm sure Star Fox is good. I don't have the 3DS version, but I do have the N64 version and I'm pretty sure The 3DS should be amazing. Personally, the games I actually have:

Zelda OoT - Amazing! I was a big fan of the original. This has it beat in all ways

Super Street Fighter 4 - Not quite as detailed as its console counterparts. Doesn't have the arcade edition or the animation in the backgrounds either. But still, if you want a portable Street Fighter, this is the one to get, hands down.

Dead or Alive Dimensions - Pretty good. Being used to the Street Figher control scheme, it took some getting used to. But it's also a very good game, lots of unlockables...and of course jiggly physics...not that that's the reason I bought it or anything... icon-wildride.gif

I'm also highly enticipating Kid Icarus. The wait is killing me.

Also, if you're looking to download - Four Swords is pretty awesome, and still free. Links Awakening is also a pretty solid buy. Whenever the ambassedor downloads come out for general public consumers, Super Mario Bros, Zelda and Zelda II are fun...yes, I did say Zelda II. I never finished it, but there is some fun to be had with it.
The stars were right again, and what an age-old cult had failed to do by design, a band of innocent sailors had done by accident.

#14 Shadowmask

Shadowmask

Homini lupus

• Citizen
  • 5940 posts

Posted 10 October 2011 - 02:20 AM

Super Street Fighter IV and Dead or Alive are both really wonderful, and so is BlazBlue. The 3DS definitely has some good fighters. Rayman 3D is also really fun - it is a port, but of a really classic late '90s 3D platformer.
"Ideas are the jive of creative brains."
- Nobel laureate chemist Linus Pauling

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users