8 replies to this topic

#1 Mr Smitt

Mr Smitt

The Trukk-Munky

• Citizen
  • 1625 posts
  • Faction::Maximal

Posted 07 October 2011 - 07:37 AM

I wasn't expecting much from this from the promos, but now I'm glad I watched it on a whim because it's much, much better than I expected. Supernatural horror? Check. Comedy? Check. Violence? Check. Awkward nerd sex? Check. Vaguely homoerotic undertones between the two male leads? Check.

After ep 3, it'll be interesting to see what happens next week. HIGHLIGHT to view:
Our hero's on his deathbed, and apparantly the dead can return to life. Somehow I don't think he's gonna pull a wolverine healing factor out of his ass...

#2 HellCat

HellCat

Simply better than you

• Citizen
  • 10432 posts
  • Faction::Autobot

Posted 09 October 2011 - 06:46 PM

I've stayed away mainly cause chavtastic BBC 3 won't shut up about how scary it supposedly is. Then again, they thought two recent episodes of Doctor Who were scary as well.

#3 BlitzwingHaz

BlitzwingHaz

"Wooo! I'm freaking out!"

• Citizen
  • 15457 posts

Posted 10 October 2011 - 01:52 AM

Watched the first ep and thought it was pretty good. Looks pretty good for a tv show.

#4 CT-5555

CT-5555

Please, call me Fives

• Supporter
  • 1952 posts
  • Faction::Free Agent

Posted 10 October 2011 - 07:34 AM

Enjoying it so far. Hasn't gripped me like Being Human, but then again, neither did Survivors.

The 2 main leads are great, especially Mac. Natalie's pretty cool too.
QUOTE(Xaaron @ Nov 21 2011, 04:17 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
TF Fans draw so many lines, it looks like a frackin' zebra.

#5 BB Shockwave

BB Shockwave

Bristleback hated you all before it was trendy.

• Citizen
  • 9414 posts
  • Faction::Decepticon

Posted 11 October 2011 - 02:21 AM

Speaking of Being Human - a show I really enjoyed - is the spin-off Becoming Human any good?

QUOTE(HellCat @ Oct 9 2011, 11:46 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I've stayed away mainly cause chavtastic BBC 3 won't shut up about how scary it supposedly is. Then again, they thought two recent episodes of Doctor Who were scary as well.

Some of the new Doctor Who is indeed scary as heck. Sure, they often brush it off with awkward wacky comedy from the Doctor, but overall the whole new series has too much horror elements for my liking (there is hardly an episode that doesn't feature a Mr./Mrs. Hi-Then-Die investigating some odd phenomenon that normal, sensible people would run away from screaming, you know, typical stuff that makes me want to scream "Don't open that door you idiot!")

Edited by BB Shockwave, 11 October 2011 - 02:21 AM.

#6 CT-5555

CT-5555

Please, call me Fives

• Supporter
  • 1952 posts

Posted 11 October 2011 - 07:29 AM

Becoming Human is OK. It's only 1 episode long, but was cut up and shown weekly on the website.

By itself it probably isn't that great. What made it worth it was the various tie in posters, letters, videos etc that were posted throughout the week on the website.

#7 CT-5555

CT-5555

Please, call me Fives

• Supporter
  • 1952 posts

Posted 13 October 2011 - 06:37 AM

Fades picked up the pace last night and went from "Good enough to watch live" to "Unmissable"

#8 Mr Smitt

Mr Smitt

The Trukk-Munky

• Citizen
  • 1625 posts
  • Faction::Maximal

Posted 13 October 2011 - 11:52 AM

QUOTE(Proper Dave @ Oct 13 2011, 12:37 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Fades picked up the pace last night and went from "Good enough to watch live" to "Unmissable"

yeah, last night's ep was awesome. The actor who played John's performance as a guy recently returned to the land of the living was superb. But the ending has me confused, though,

HIGHLIGHT to view:
Did the ritual work? Or did Paul really, despite my hopeful prediction, pull a self-resurrection power out of his behind at the last minute?

#9 CT-5555

CT-5555

Please, call me Fives

• Supporter
  • 1952 posts

Posted 13 October 2011 - 01:24 PM

QUOTE(Mr Smitt @ Oct 13 2011, 05:52 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE(Proper Dave @ Oct 13 2011, 12:37 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

yeah, last night's ep was awesome. The actor who played John's performance as a guy recently returned to the land of the living was superb. But the ending has me confused, though,

HIGHLIGHT to view:
Did the ritual work? Or did Paul really, despite my hopeful prediction, pull a self-resurrection power out of his behind at the last minute?

I preferred it that way. Otherwise people would be saying "Oh look, 2 angelics can resurrect a human being, why don't they do that for the murdered members"

But at the same time, if Paul can come back, then you've got to wonder if any of the evil fades will learn that trick too.

And I agree, the guy playing John was exceptional. Especially when he was on the roof top eating chocolate

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users