Photo

DARK SOULS

30 replies to this topic

#1 *Deathblade

*Deathblade
  • Citizen
  • 327 posts

Posted 06 October 2011 - 09:00 PM

Just wondering, I have only been doing a bit of recon. Playing as a bandit, its just as awesome as the first one, though the ragdoll effect when you kill things is annoying.
Signature removed for exceeding 500X200 size limitations.

#2 Lizard King

Lizard King

I burned out my eyes, I cut off my tounge.

• Citizen
  • 9523 posts

Posted 06 October 2011 - 10:13 PM

I have absolutely zero interest in this game. Anything with the draw point of "It's hugging super hard" just seems so lacking in fun.

#3 mx-01 archon

mx-01 archon

The world suffused with sound

• Supporter
  • 17233 posts

Posted 06 October 2011 - 10:24 PM

QUOTE(Lizard King @ Oct 6 2011, 08:13 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I have absolutely zero interest in this game. Anything with the draw point of "It's hugging super hard" just seems so lacking in fun.

It's "skillful hard", though, not "cheap hard".

The only reason I'm not playing this is that I've not really gotten around to playing Demons Souls yet. But barely 20 minutes in, and I could tell that I was going to love the game, and I'm no "hardcore" gamer, by any means. It's all about tactics, and learning from your mistakes, and picking yourself up and doing better the next time. If you die, you're always very aware that it's your fault, for rushing in unprepared or being too aggressive, or whatever. It's never about the game pulling cheap-ass crap on you and being unfair.

#4 SoS

SoS
  • Supporter
  • 2557 posts
  • Faction::Free Agent

Posted 07 October 2011 - 05:42 PM

QUOTE(mx-01 archon @ Oct 6 2011, 11:24 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE(Lizard King @ Oct 6 2011, 08:13 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

It's "skillful hard", though, not "cheap hard".

The only reason I'm not playing this is that I've not really gotten around to playing Demons Souls yet. But barely 20 minutes in, and I could tell that I was going to love the game, and I'm no "hardcore" gamer, by any means. It's all about tactics, and learning from your mistakes, and picking yourself up and doing better the next time. If you die, you're always very aware that it's your fault, for rushing in unprepared or being too aggressive, or whatever. It's never about the game pulling cheap-ass crap on you and being unfair.

^This

Loved Demon Souls and I love Dark Souls. I haven't fully played it since: school, work and few other games to play first don't allow any more free time to spare to it. But it will definitely be played to death by me.

--SoS
3DS Friend Code: 4854-7656-1095 | Username: SoS | Trainer Name (Pokemon X): Makayla

#5 Xero Prime

Xero Prime

its like drinking a My Little Pony

• Citizen
  • 681 posts

Posted 07 October 2011 - 09:54 PM

Game is good. Like Demon Souls the design is clever, the levels are gorgeous, and of course die and learn. I had to remember how to play it but starting to get my groove again.

Gonna sink a lot of time in it I think. The pacing so far has been really good, the combat is tense and very gratifying and now you can jump icon-hotrod.gif

X

Archon, there are times in Demon Souls that the game is just cheap, but you can fight fire with fire. For me though, that was part of the fun, figuring out when to just be a cheating jerk to beat something, because, the developers (accidentally or intentionally) let you get away with it. And honestly for all the times I got pounded into the ground by a couple "peons" I didn't feel bad at all about it.

Edited by Xero Prime, 07 October 2011 - 10:00 PM.

#6 Noprobsrobs

Noprobsrobs

STILL THE BEST 1973

• Citizen
  • 2748 posts
  • Faction::Decepticon

Posted 07 October 2011 - 10:12 PM

I was thinking of getting it but I have no money currently. icon-screamer.gif

Edited by Gunrage, 07 October 2011 - 10:12 PM.

#7 Ave Destron!

Ave Destron!
  • Citizen
  • 4978 posts

Posted 07 October 2011 - 10:32 PM

I have been playing this game and so far I love it.
Does anyone see City-Swimmer? Is he gliding beneath the silver water? Is he creeping 'round a corner, hugging a wall, silent as a shadow in the dark?

#8 *Deathblade

*Deathblade
  • Citizen
  • 327 posts

Posted 10 October 2011 - 07:09 AM

STUPID ASS CAPRA DEMON IS KICKING MY ASS REPEATEDLY

Youtube videos dont help, well they do, but that ahole twoshots my bandit build. Having to work through assassins, dogs, and skeletons to get back to him every time sucks!

#9 Xero Prime

Xero Prime

• Citizen
  • 681 posts

Posted 13 October 2011 - 10:25 PM

Any luck Deathblade? I finished off the Gaping last night, on to Blightown I guess... We'll see how it plays versus swamp hell from Demon souls. I rolled the Capra pretty easily, but I think I'm over equipped for my soul level. I've been taking the game nice and slow.

X

#10 *Deathblade

*Deathblade
  • Citizen
  • 327 posts

Posted 14 October 2011 - 12:28 PM

QUOTE(Xero Prime @ Oct 13 2011, 11:25 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Any luck Deathblade? I finished off the Gaping last night, on to Blightown I guess... We'll see how it plays versus swamp hell from Demon souls. I rolled the Capra pretty easily, but I think I'm over equipped for my soul level. I've been taking the game nice and slow.

X

I beat the capra demon several days ago, but I am stuck on the gaping dragon. Well, not really stuck...I am trying to beat it with soiltare and lautrec, but it takes too long. They end up getting killed, I could beat it by myself, but I am trying to forward their side stories. I am looking to go to dark root forest to power up my bandit now. Then going back to gaping demon. I got cursed once by the basililisk, man that sucked! So did the method for removing it.

Edited by *Deathblade, 14 October 2011 - 12:30 PM.

#11 Xero Prime

Xero Prime

• Citizen
  • 681 posts

Posted 15 October 2011 - 11:17 AM

Darkroot is really good for grinding souls, even if you can't kill em you can make em run off the cliff. I got to the first bonfire in Blight town before I turned around. Need to power up a bow to be able to clear out toxin throwers. Ick those suck. The curse is crummy but it just made me feel like I was playing Demon souls again, half hp and all icon-hotrod.gif

X

#12 Ave Destron!

Ave Destron!
  • Citizen
  • 4978 posts

Posted 16 October 2011 - 09:41 PM

soul level 25

I just beat capra demon and moonlight butterfly two nights ago and I am finally toying around w/ humanity

Does anyone see City-Swimmer? Is he gliding beneath the silver water? Is he creeping 'round a corner, hugging a wall, silent as a shadow in the dark?

#13 Pennpenn

Pennpenn
  • Citizen
  • 7865 posts
  • Faction::Autobot

Posted 17 October 2011 - 05:55 AM

Gaping Dragon is one of the most "Oh god what the hell" boss intro moments I've seen in a video game.

#14 Xero Prime

Xero Prime

• Citizen
  • 681 posts

Posted 18 October 2011 - 09:44 PM

Dusted Blighttown and The great grey wolf sif. What a great boss. The best in the series so far for me. Partially the way it moves really remind me of my cat but awesome. On to Sen's fortress. Felt good to ring the second bell.

X

#15 Noprobsrobs

Noprobsrobs

STILL THE BEST 1973

• Citizen
  • 2748 posts

Posted 20 October 2011 - 12:21 PM

I got this game about a week ago and mother HUGGER is it hard. Like even harder the Demon Souls. I'm on the Gargoyle boss currently. It'd be a little easier id there weren't two them.

#16 Pennpenn

Pennpenn
  • Citizen
  • 7865 posts

Posted 20 October 2011 - 07:49 PM

Liberal use of the White Soapstone thingamy is helpful for that. Just make sure you get the Gargoyle Tail Halberd. It's quite useful.

#17 Ave Destron!

Ave Destron!
  • Citizen
  • 4978 posts

Posted 21 October 2011 - 11:47 PM

my GF just turned off the light switch the PS3 was plugged into and now I lost my 25+ hour game

holy hug

should I play a new class I was enjoying Cleric

hug

#18 Esser-Z

Esser-Z

IT'S AN ESSER

• Citizen
  • 32087 posts
  • Faction::Free Agent

Posted 21 October 2011 - 11:50 PM

...the hell didn't you save it?

#19 Pennpenn

Pennpenn
  • Citizen
  • 7865 posts

Posted 22 October 2011 - 01:28 AM

Doesn't it autosave?

#20 *Deathblade

*Deathblade
  • Citizen
  • 327 posts

Posted 22 October 2011 - 11:12 AM

QUOTE(Ave Destron! @ Oct 22 2011, 12:47 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
my GF just turned off the light switch the PS3 was plugged into and now I lost my 25+ hour game

holy hug

should I play a new class I was enjoying Cleric

hug

yikes man! at least if you start over, it will probably take you less time.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users