Photo

Little tidbit of a story

No replies to this topic

#1 Lizard King

Lizard King

I burned out my eyes, I cut off my tounge.

• Citizen
  • 9524 posts

Posted 06 October 2011 - 12:15 AM

I'm standing on a Chilean hillside and it's absolutely magnificent. The temperature is exactly 68 degrees fahrenheit and there is a slight breeze coming from the south east. For a moment, everything is right in the world, but that moment quickly ends as I hear gunfire in the distance. There's been a small war raging in the Republic of Chile over the past few months and the world turns a blind eye to it. Innocents are being killed left and right, caught in the crossfire. The preservation of humanity is my self imposed purpose, and in order to achieve this goal I must stop this bloodshed today.

I propel myself in to the air and zoom across the sky at nearly the speed of sound. I travel the 3.8 miles in under six seconds and land gracefully with relative ease. The combatants are shocked at first by my presense. I wonder sometimes what it must feel like to be human. Immediately I 'feel' their guns, ammunition, grenades, knives - and I call them to me. The shock turns to terror when all their armaments fly out of their hands and off their bodies and converge on mine. Most of them flee at this point, some are so frightened they cannot move. Some even urinate themselves. In a matter of seconds all the metal objects are broken down and absorbed in to my body by the incalculable number of nano machines that inhabit it.

At this point there is no one within sight of me. I believe my message has been delievered in an appropriate manner. I'll continue to keep an eye on this area, but with so many problems in the world right now it's hard to focus on one place. However, I must be diligent. No problem is too small or too large for me to handle. I have appointed myself the protector of this race and intend to watch it thrive and flourish for many years to come.

-

After a short flight home I'm greeted by my colleague, Nataniel, who appears to be very 'fried' as he likes to call it.

"Sup dude?"

"Hello Nathaniel, how are you today?"

He shrugs. "Can't complain."

"Very well then. I would chat with you longer but I have more pressing matters to attend to."

"Cool man. We gonna beat anybody up today?"

"Perhaps. I'll be in contact shortly."

I meld in to the floor of my domicile, as my unique physiology allows me to do, and travel to the area that has been playfully dubbed the 'Danger Room'. I believe the title is meant to be ironic. As I fully re assimilate myself I see Leslie and Kyle sitting in the floor smoking marijuana out of a pipe, ignoring their duties. Per the usual.

"What's up Vincent? I'm sorry I vomited every where last night but I was just so jivey. You wanna hit this bowl?"

"No thank you Kyle. You know I can't become intoxicated."

"I know, but I still like to offer."

"Leslie, this is the last time I'm going to tell you - don't bring men back here. This place is at the bottom of the ocean for a reason."

"Dude, just chill out. They were cool guys. One of them was for Kyle anyway but he's a bitch and passed out."

"hug off."

Despite my vast intellect I simply cannot fathom why these two bicker the way they do.

"Regardless - if it happens again you will no longer be permitted entrance. Is that understood?"

"Ooookay," they both moan.

"Now, have either of you heard from Michal? What about Joseph? And has anything happened with the situation in Hong Kong?"

Leslie leaps to her feet and with a wave of her hand brings a screen up in front of her.

"There's been no change

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users