Photo

Targetroids not-Nemesis Prime, Ultra Magnus, Skywarp and Thundercracker.

9 replies to this topic

#1 mignash

mignash
  • MORON
  • 0 posts
  • Faction::Maximal

Posted 23 September 2011 - 05:12 AM

I don't recall this mentioned on this forum before, but we have good pictures and official names for these guys now. Shadow, Ultra Warp and Thunder.

After getting Flame and Screamer, I can't say the gun modes were very good, but the robot modes work as Legends. Might be the fastest and easiest way to get all four as Legends sadly.

Attached Thumbnails

• 311372_149386371814966_109083992511871_297489_5520385_n.jpg

Edited by mignash, 23 September 2011 - 05:15 AM.

#2 Powered Convoy

Powered Convoy

President of the Deflowering Club

• News and Content
  • 47795 posts
  • Faction::RIRFIB

Posted 23 September 2011 - 06:14 AM

I'm conflicted if I want the Skywarp pack.

Randy

#3 Lukeblast

Lukeblast
  • Forum Moderator
  • 10860 posts
  • Faction::Cannonball's Pirate Crew

Posted 23 September 2011 - 11:16 AM

Argh, the split on those makes me a sad fanboy. Would have been nice to get repaints of all four rather than one guy from each set done twice.

...Was actually hoping for "black repaint" versions of all four so they'd be more like G1 TMs. All four characters have precedent for that too. icon-screamer.gif
"For the love of Crom, am I the only one here who wants to keep the U.S. technologically competitive?"

#4 Ursa Magnus

Ursa Magnus

Oh, jive...!

• Forum Moderator
  • 8622 posts

Posted 23 September 2011 - 11:21 AM

Nuts. I may have to get that Ultra for my Magnus shelf.

Crap.

#5 Smitty

Smitty

Things and stuff

• MORON
  • 20145 posts
  • Faction::Autobot

Posted 23 September 2011 - 03:23 PM

I want Screamer and the Warp pack now. Still want Megs and Prime too...

I'm not a fan of voting on peoples posts. it just seems very passive aggressive to click 'down vote' and not add anything to the thread. and up votes are exactly the same. to my mind the whole point of a forum is discussion and being able to just easily agree or disagree takes the discussion out of the equation.

#6 Rhapsody

Rhapsody

Just, go away.

• Citizen
  • 22679 posts
  • Faction::Free Agent

Posted 23 September 2011 - 03:29 PM

QUOTE(Lukeblast @ Sep 23 2011, 10:16 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Argh, the split on those makes me a sad fanboy. Would have been nice to get repaints of all four rather than one guy from each set done twice.

...Was actually hoping for "black repaint" versions of all four so they'd be more like G1 TMs. All four characters have precedent for that too. icon-screamer.gif

Don't worry next we'll get Crystal and Dark Hot Rod and Classics and Black Megatron. icon-waspy.gif
3DS Friend Code: 0387-9040-3532

#7 Alpha Omega Trion Supreme

Alpha Omega Trion Supreme

Now where did I leave that darn key!

• Citizen
  • 4366 posts
  • Faction::Autobot

Posted 23 September 2011 - 06:39 PM

The Prime mold is the best of the targetroids, imo, in that it's only one I think really feels like it transforms from a robot into a gun. The Megatron mold is a close second. The Shadow and Ultra deco above look really nice. The solid more uniform colors definitely make them look more like a gun than Prime, especially the Shadow deco.

The Starscream mold is one of the weaker targetroids, but the black/blue deco on Warp and Cracker make them look more like actual guns too rather than a seeker folded up. The Rodimus mold has a fantastic bot mode. Actually, all the molds have fantastic suprisingly articulated bot modes, and the QC on the first wave is quite good too. But the Rodimus gun mode is weak because they didn't know what to do with the legs, and the back of the gun is way too wide and fat.

Some quick pics I had for size comparison:

#8 TheMightyMollusk

TheMightyMollusk

We stay our course, whatever may come

• Citizen
  • 16661 posts
  • Faction::Unicron's Spawn

Posted 23 September 2011 - 06:59 PM

I might be interested in Nemesis because I'm a fan of Evil Black Recolors, but not interested enough to buy a two-pack.

Although I'm picturing Magnus and Nemesis talking to Prime as his shoulder angel and devil.

#9 mignash

mignash
  • MORON
  • 0 posts

Posted 09 February 2012 - 06:56 PM

Well, the repaint wave was just accounced as a convention exclusive at double price. Sad, I wanted them but not that much.

http://www.tfw2005.c...tml#post7245340

#10 mignash

mignash
  • MORON
  • 0 posts

Posted 04 June 2012 - 02:12 PM

The SHattered Glass Targetroids are up for preorder now!

http://chimungmung.c...918320216dc3a8c

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users