Rhapsody

Just, go away.

• Citizen
  • 22854 posts
  • Faction::Free Agent

Posted 29 March 2012 - 06:37 PM

QUOTE(Cheetimus Primal @ Mar 29 2012, 05:34 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
That's Doc Samson.

My issue with that picture, besides my own pet peeves about who should and shouldn't be an Avenger *coughwolverinespidermancough* is Winter Soldier standing there like it's no big deal.

As they say its from a random episode, likely by the point we see this scene on TV, it WON'T be a big deal. And why shouldn't the Superman and Batman of Marvel be on big name hero team?
3DS Friend Code: 0387-9040-3532

#42 Lizard King

Lizard King

I burned out my eyes, I cut off my tounge.

• Citizen
  • 9523 posts

Posted 29 March 2012 - 06:43 PM

QUOTE(Cheetimus Primal @ Mar 29 2012, 07:34 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
That's Doc Samson.

My issue with that picture, besides my own pet peeves about who should and shouldn't be an Avenger *coughwolverinespidermancough* is Winter Soldier standing there like it's no big deal.

Theres no context, so it might not be a big deal

And I figure it's Scott Lang

#43 Lizard King

Lizard King

I burned out my eyes, I cut off my tounge.

• Citizen
  • 9523 posts

Posted 29 March 2012 - 06:45 PM

QUOTE(Database @ Mar 29 2012, 07:37 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
That's Doc Samson.

As they say its from a random episode, likely by the point we see this scene on TV, it WON'T be a big deal. And why shouldn't the Superman and Batman of Marvel be on big name hero team?

This is marvel dude. Spidey is explicitly a loner and wolverine is a key member of the other premiere marvel super hero team. I just blame bendis.

#44 Solarstorm

Solarstorm
  • Citizen
  • 6901 posts
  • Faction::Decepticon

Posted 29 March 2012 - 06:58 PM

QUOTE(Cheetimus Primal @ Mar 29 2012, 07:34 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
That's Doc Samson.

They're doing versions of Secret Invasion and Civil War in this show, aren't they? Perhaps they'll have a BuckyCap period.
"The way YOU are built lends itself to similarly big weapons. Magnus by comparison is a girly man."--Bainreese

#45 Rhapsody

Rhapsody

Just, go away.

• Citizen
  • 22854 posts

Posted 29 March 2012 - 07:05 PM

QUOTE(Lizard King @ Mar 29 2012, 05:45 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Spidey is explicitly a loner

Spider-man? A loner? Since when? Solo hero? Yes. Loner? The guy that has a long series of teaming up with EVERYONE? Even wanting to join the Fantastic Four shortly after he started? This is the team that has HULK. Now THERE is a loner. The guy that tries to smash most people because no one leaves him alone. Or does he not count because he's a founding member?

wolverine is a key member of the other premiere marvel super hero team.

Didn't stop Beast from being an Avenger. Many Avengers have been on other teams before, or do they not count because that was pre-bendis?

#46 MrBlud

MrBlud

Pipes must've sprayed me...I'm sorry

• Forum Moderator
  • 46339 posts
  • Faction::RIBFIR

Posted 29 March 2012 - 08:31 PM

Spider-man? A loner? Since when?

His entire life.

#47 Rhapsody

Rhapsody

Just, go away.

• Citizen
  • 22854 posts

Posted 29 March 2012 - 08:37 PM

QUOTE(MrBlud @ Mar 29 2012, 07:31 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

His entire life.

The guy that again, Has CONSTANTLY teamed up with everyone in the marvel universe, starred in "Marvel Team-Up" series, is a Loner? I do not think that word means what you think it means. The second another hero shows up he's "Hey! We should totally work together! That would be awesome~!"

#48 Darkstream

Darkstream

The original darkstream since 2003!

• Supporter
  • 20494 posts
  • Faction::Minicon

Posted 29 March 2012 - 08:38 PM

QUOTE(MrBlud @ Mar 29 2012, 09:31 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

His entire life.

execpt when he teams up with The FF...Like he is now....

#49 Kickstrike

Kickstrike

Surrounded by crazy people

• Citizen
  • 14317 posts
  • Faction::Maximal

Posted 29 March 2012 - 08:38 PM

That's Doc Samson.

Spidey and Sniktbub may be the most well KNOWN Marvel characters, but Cap and Iron Man are just as much like Superman and Batman to me than Spidey and Wolvie are.

Edited by Spin Out, 29 March 2012 - 08:40 PM.

Transformers is a brand that really has something for everyone. We are a darn lucky fandom.

#50 Rhapsody

Rhapsody

Just, go away.

• Citizen
  • 22854 posts

Posted 29 March 2012 - 08:46 PM

QUOTE(Spin Out @ Mar 29 2012, 07:38 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
That's Doc Samson.

Spidey and Sniktbub may be the most well KNOWN Marvel characters, but Cap and Iron Man are just as much like Superman and Batman to me than Spidey and Wolvie are.

Yeah, they are the Flagship characters of Marvel, the ones everyone know of before even getting movies. Much like Superman and Batman. So again, why shouldn't they be a part of the big superhero team? Don't tell me Spider-man is a loner when he's not; and even if you hold to that I'll point to you bigger loners that have been on the team. Don't tell me Wolverine can't be on the team because he's on another, and I';ll again show you people that have been mutli-teamed.

#51 Kickstrike

Kickstrike

Surrounded by crazy people

• Citizen
  • 14317 posts
  • Faction::Maximal

Posted 29 March 2012 - 08:57 PM

QUOTE(Database @ Mar 29 2012, 09:46 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE(Spin Out @ Mar 29 2012, 07:38 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
That's Doc Samson.

Yeah, they are the Flagship characters of Marvel, the ones everyone know of before even getting movies. Much like Superman and Batman. So again, why shouldn't they be a part of the big superhero team? Don't tell me Spider-man is a loner when he's not; and even if you hold to that I'll point to you bigger loners that have been on the team. Don't tell me Wolverine can't be on the team because he's on another, and I';ll again show you people that have been mutli-teamed.

I never said I had anything against Wolvie and Spidey being a part of the Avengers, man. I'm all for it, but I wish Wolvie bough some of his X-Men teammates, namely Cyclops, Nightcrawler, Beast, Storm, Rogue, Shadowcat, Colossus, Jean Gray, Archangel, Gambit and Iceman with him icon-waspy.gif
Transformers is a brand that really has something for everyone. We are a darn lucky fandom.

#52 Cheetimus Primal

Cheetimus Primal

Commissions! cheetimus@cheetimus.com

• Forum Moderator
  • 45893 posts

Posted 29 March 2012 - 08:59 PM

I can say without a doubt that you really don't understand Spider-Man at all.
He tried to join the FF at the VERY beginning of his career. Before he started experiencing the hell that is being Spider-Man. He'll work with other heroes no problem but to be a part of a permanent team? No way. Do you know how many times he turned down membership in the Avengers?

Spidey keeps his mask on. He tries to keep his identity a secret. He keeps to himself as that's part of his pathos. When they did the New Avengers it annoyed me beyond reason to see Spidey and Wolvie there. And what did they do with them? Oh, make jokes about Wolverine being on a million teams and put Spidey in the background as strictly comic relief and just hanging around as if he doesn't have a hectic and stressful social life to keep up on which is one of the rather enormous reasons he isn't on a damn team.

No sir. He shouldn't be on a team just because he's well known. Not when it goes entirely against the grain of the character.
15421072186_462d2859a6_o.jpg

#53 MrBlud

MrBlud

Pipes must've sprayed me...I'm sorry

• Forum Moderator
  • 46339 posts

Posted 29 March 2012 - 09:05 PM

QUOTE(Database @ Mar 29 2012, 09:37 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE(MrBlud @ Mar 29 2012, 07:31 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

His entire life.

The guy that again, Has CONSTANTLY teamed up with everyone in the marvel universe, starred in "Marvel Team-Up" series, is a Loner? I do not think that word means what you think it means. The second another hero shows up he's "Hey! We should totally work together! That would be awesome~!"

Amazing Spider-Man Annual #3 1966

icon-arcee.gif

#54 Cheetimus Primal

Cheetimus Primal

• Forum Moderator
  • 45893 posts

Posted 29 March 2012 - 09:09 PM

OH YEAH!

The Hulk was an Avenger for an issue and a half. THe first two. Then he left and never rejoined.

#55 Undead Scottsman

Undead Scottsman

THANOSCOPTER

• Citizen
  • 9465 posts

Posted 29 March 2012 - 10:41 PM

I can almost certainly say they are NOT putting every one of those characters onto the Avengers. They're probably just doing a bigass crossover episode where the Avengers muster up every hero they can find. Given how long the this season has been in production for, and given the presence of HIGHLIGHT to view:
Vision and Winter Soldier this probably takes place mid or even late season.

Hell, the Fantastic Four already cameo'd on the show like three times now. As did Wolverine during the WW2 episode. This isn't too uncommon.

The Hulk was an Avenger for an issue and a half. THe first two. Then he left and never rejoined.

I believe the point Database was making is that, in the show, the Hulk is a fairly stable member of the team now, and yet he has an extreme loner personality.

Edited by Undead Scottsman, 29 March 2012 - 10:45 PM.

#56 Rhapsody

Rhapsody

Just, go away.

• Citizen
  • 22854 posts

Posted 29 March 2012 - 11:07 PM

QUOTE(Undead Scottsman @ Mar 29 2012, 09:41 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I believe the point Database was making is that, in the show, the Hulk is a fairly stable member of the team now, and yet he has an extreme loner personality.

Yeah, Hulk is probably the biggest Loner hero in the Marvel Universe, yet here he is; a Staple of these Avengers. And its not just here, just about every Avengers re-imaging has the Hulk as a member in some compasitity. So even if 616 Hulk never rejoined (though was still a major player in the early issues with the Avengers trying to make sure he didn't hurt anyone, making him a key to the group staying together in their first few months. Hell, Its was through his teaming with Namor that lead Namor to finding Captain America in the next issue.) his other universe selves have played bigger roles in their respective teams.

#57 Cheetimus Primal

Cheetimus Primal

• Forum Moderator
  • 45893 posts

Posted 29 March 2012 - 11:17 PM

That doesn't make you right about 616 Spidey, which you were clearly talking about as I'm pretty sure that's the one that was in those team-up issues you were sighting.

#58 Rhapsody

Rhapsody

Just, go away.

• Citizen
  • 22854 posts

Posted 29 March 2012 - 11:33 PM

QUOTE(Cheetimus Primal @ Mar 29 2012, 10:17 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
That doesn't make you right about 616 Spidey, which you were clearly talking about as I'm pretty sure that's the one that was in those team-up issues you were sighting.

I still don't see how if HULK can be a member, Hulk having just as good if not better reasons to be a loner, can be an Avenger; why Spidey can't. characterization doesn't remain static. Eventually he could start to see a team helping him could be a good thing, as he's not the only hero that has to put up with BS in both sides of his life. To act like his reasons are much better then others is foolish and I feel being ignorant due to favoritism.

#59 Cheetimus Primal

Cheetimus Primal

• Forum Moderator
  • 45893 posts

Posted 30 March 2012 - 12:01 AM

Because one thing about the Hulk is change. He never stays the same. Depending on which HUlk you get you might have a great team member or your worst enemy. He's a malleable character which is one of the reason I don't care much for him.
Spidey isn't that malleable. once you start changing him you start making people like him less and less.

#60 Cheetimus Primal

Cheetimus Primal

• Forum Moderator
  • 45893 posts

Posted 30 March 2012 - 12:07 AM

QUOTE(Database @ Mar 30 2012, 12:33 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE(Cheetimus Primal @ Mar 29 2012, 10:17 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I still don't see how if HULK can be a member, Hulk having just as good if not better reasons to be a loner, can be an Avenger; why Spidey can't. characterization doesn't remain static. Eventually he could start to see a team helping him could be a good thing, as he's not the only hero that has to put up with BS in both sides of his life. To act like his reasons are much better then others is foolish and I feel being ignorant due to favoritism.

You really, REALLY don't get Peter Parker. You don't get why his stories were written the way they were.
Different character focus on different aspects in their stories, this is universal for ALL stories. That which makes Peter Parker special is the way he handles his personal life with the balance of being a reluctant hero. Putting him on a team craps all over what makes him special and the only thing you have left is the comic relief.

It's not surprising that Spidey was only put on the official Avengers roster when it became Earth's Most Popular Heroes.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users