314 replies to this topic

#1 wonko the sane?

wonko the sane?

Oh dear lord I am bored...

• Citizen
  • 31500 posts
  • Faction::Free Agent

Posted 22 September 2011 - 02:50 PM

So, I got to watch the first three episodes last night. While the banter is pretty well written and combat is fairly flowing, plus ya gotta like anything where they try to replicate the movie tony stark: did they mess up air order? Because episode three felt like 1, and 1 and 2 (Jail break two parter) could easily have come after. Consequently, there are continuity errors that make it seem like the writers don't know what their doing. Like an entire episode of iron man acting like he's completely and totally alone when he's already formed the avengers and worked with other heroes.

Does it get better, or is it like this all the way through.

#2 CT-5555

CT-5555

Please, call me Fives

• Supporter
  • 1954 posts

Posted 22 September 2011 - 02:58 PM

Episodes 3 to 7 were originally shown online as webisodes.

They carry production numbers 001 up to 005, whilst the breakout is 006 and 007

http://en.wikipedia....Heroes_episodes

Not sure what the recommended watching order is. Probably production order
QUOTE(Xaaron @ Nov 21 2011, 04:17 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
TF Fans draw so many lines, it looks like a frackin' zebra.

#3 Rhapsody

Rhapsody

Little Black Bat

• Citizen
  • 23352 posts

Posted 22 September 2011 - 03:13 PM

QUOTE(Proper Dave @ Sep 22 2011, 01:58 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Episodes 3 to 7 were originally shown online as webisodes.

They carry production numbers 001 up to 005, whilst the breakout is 006 and 007

http://en.wikipedia....Heroes_episodes

Not sure what the recommended watching order is. Probably production order

I watched them on Netflix, and its got them in production order. with the solo hero episodes being pre-jail break. I don't consider the series the best ever; but it is very good, though I never really got used to Tony Stark's voice he sounds kinda like Jack Black to me.
3DS Friend Code: 0387-9040-3532

#4 Confuzor

Confuzor

They put em in Smash Bros!!!!

• Supporter
  • 5098 posts

Posted 22 September 2011 - 04:03 PM

Once Enchantress gets her team together, the show it's it's stride. Also, didn't we have a thread for this show already?

#5 Chris McFeely

Chris McFeely

That was then, this is now.

• Citizen
  • 6574 posts

Posted 22 September 2011 - 04:07 PM

Yeah, Wikipedia rather insists on putting them in that stupid-ass order, completely failing to communicate how they should be watched. Episodes "3" to "7" are actually 1-5, and should be watched first, while "Breakout" is 6-7.

#6 Rhapsody

Rhapsody

Little Black Bat

• Citizen
  • 23352 posts

Posted 22 September 2011 - 04:17 PM

QUOTE(Chris McFeely @ Sep 22 2011, 03:07 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Yeah, Wikipedia rather insists on putting them in that stupid-ass order, completely failing to communicate how they should be watched. Episodes "3" to "7" are actually 1-5, and should be watched first, while "Breakout" is 6-7.

Yeah, Breakout only aired at the series premier becuase it was the actual formation of the Avengers. Its technically a smart move for broadcast. Nice big action piece that sets the stage for the show and hope people get interested, then the solo stuff that might have not gotten people interested as they wait 5 weeks for the show to actually be about the Avengers. But watching them now, after they've all aired and you don't have to wait weeks for the next episode its best in production order. Disney XD even handled to those five episodes right. They aired them in a single marathon run the first time, so that they still skip the "5 week wait of solo heroes" before going to episode 8.

#7 mx-01 archon

mx-01 archon

The world suffused with sound

• Supporter
  • 17368 posts

Posted 22 September 2011 - 05:19 PM

The one problem with Breakout being aired first that left me going "huh?" for a good bit was The Big House. One of the "prequel" episodes adequately shows what's going on with that facility, which you're expected to know come Breakout. But not having bothered to watch the original webisodes, the Shield Helicarrier suddenly has buildings sprouting out of it out from nowhere, and is going down.

Banner's imprisonment was also a little out of nowhere, but it was at least easy to infer what was up with him.

The DVDs, thankfully, are in proper viewing order. Can't wait for the S1P2 set to come out next month (at least I'm assuming that's how it'll be released, as per the first half. The Canadian release was in a half-season set, rather than the two separate disks of the US release). Haven't gotten around to seeing any of those episodes, due to some screwy airing schedules. The "Gamma World" story was pretty epic, and I hear things only go up from there.

From what I've seen, The Hulk's easily my favourite character. Hulk with a bit of wit and attitude behind him is a wonderfully scary thing.

Edited by mx-01 archon, 22 September 2011 - 05:19 PM.

#8 Rhapsody

Rhapsody

Little Black Bat

• Citizen
  • 23352 posts

Posted 22 September 2011 - 05:33 PM

QUOTE(mx-01 archon @ Sep 22 2011, 04:19 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
From what I've seen, The Hulk's easily my favourite character. Hulk with a bit of wit and attitude behind him is a wonderfully scary thing.

Hulk and Black Panther I think are the best characters in the series.

#9 mx-01 archon

mx-01 archon

• Supporter
  • 17368 posts

Posted 22 September 2011 - 05:44 PM

I haven't seen enough of the Black Panther to get a good read on him. His first major appearances give him this irritating "I'm better than all of you" vibe (not so much in attitude, thankfully, or he'd be even worse), which just grates. Otherwise, he doesn't interact with the rest of the cast all that much.

#10 wonko the sane?

wonko the sane?

• Citizen
  • 31500 posts

Posted 22 September 2011 - 06:07 PM

Yeah, I got see some of the witty hulk, and thank you all for clearing up the episode confusion. At least I understand why the entire story seems to have taken a few steps backward.

#11 Kalidor

Kalidor

Get some!

• Owner
  • 55633 posts
  • Faction::Cannonball's Pirate Crew

Posted 23 September 2011 - 11:20 AM

I thought it was cool enough that we gave away 3 sets of the season. Haven't really heard any negative complaints about it.

#12 wonko the sane?

wonko the sane?

• Citizen
  • 31500 posts

Posted 23 September 2011 - 11:32 AM

Oh no, the error was in air order, or rather: my lack of knowledge in regards to PROPER playing order. I get it now, and the seeming errors in continuity disappeared nicely.

#13 Zodberg

Zodberg

The doctor is in.

• Citizen
  • 14090 posts

Posted 25 September 2011 - 07:15 AM

My biggest complain with the series is that it looks outright silly in shots when Hawkeye and Cap and Thor are all standing around with their silly outfits and giant shoulders like manly dudes in cosplay. Some refinements to give them more distinguished and friendlier facial structure would really help the series. Oh, and the intro music is horrid.

Woooo!

#14 Confuzor

Confuzor

They put em in Smash Bros!!!!

• Supporter
  • 5098 posts

Posted 25 September 2011 - 03:18 PM

After the hiatus, they seemed to have changed the song when it aired on TV. Now it's just the instrumental with a terrible narration and scenes from the show itself intercut with the theme animation. It kinda made me miss the terrible Linkin Park wannabe song. Plus it breaks the flow of the action with the new way it was edited.

#15 wonko the sane?

wonko the sane?

• Citizen
  • 31500 posts

Posted 25 September 2011 - 03:34 PM

I dunno, aren't the heroes supposed to stand out some? I mean, its not like marvel was ever that big on the whole secret identity thing, and having the powers for heroics usually means being either real big or a mutant in some way. I mean, its not the like the superman cartoon where the dude is five feet across at the shoulders, the only one in the world like that and literally no one can see it.

#16 Destron D-69

Destron D-69

RPG Destron by MEDdMI ... A natural 20

• Citizen
  • 22618 posts
  • Faction::Lesbian Ninja

Posted 25 September 2011 - 10:15 PM

I was in lust with the show as soon as I knew they got Loki right...

it didn't turn to love until Gamma World
18+ So long Hangoutketeers, Hello Misfits.
No there wasn't a vote, also I am totes Pizzazz's guitar now

#17 BB Shockwave

BB Shockwave

Hoarder of Toys

• Citizen
  • 10924 posts
  • Faction::Decepticon

Posted 13 October 2011 - 06:26 AM

Love the show, will pick up the DVDs one I see them for less then the current 20$ price.

ToC-Funtcuck.jpg

#18 Undead Scottsman

Undead Scottsman

THANOSCOPTER

• Citizen
  • 9497 posts

Posted 13 October 2011 - 10:26 AM

I just want to know why on earth Canada gets a Complete Season 1 blu-ray and the US doesn't. icon-waspy.gif

#19 Scavgraphics

Scavgraphics

Sometimes bad ponies make the best good ponies!

• Supporter
  • 4928 posts
  • Faction::Equestrian

Posted 13 October 2011 - 11:34 AM

QUOTE(Confuzor @ Sep 25 2011, 04:18 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
After the hiatus, they seemed to have changed the song when it aired on TV. Now it's just the instrumental with a terrible narration and scenes from the show itself intercut with the theme animation. It kinda made me miss the terrible Linkin Park wannabe song. Plus it breaks the flow of the action with the new way it was edited.

Only in the US...part of the "Hey, there's an Avengers Movie coming soon" push.

I personally love the song, and plan to reset the movie trailer to it.

#20 mx-01 archon

mx-01 archon

• Supporter
  • 17368 posts

Posted 13 October 2011 - 03:09 PM

Oh hey, the Canadian pt.2 boxset actually comes out next week, a week before you guys get your single-disk versions.

Gonna have to pick that up, and catch up on what I've missed.

Not gonna double-dip on the BluRay. I've already got Part 1 on DVD, and I don't really see much point in TV animation on BluRay anyways.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users