#1 ShinRa Inc

ShinRa Inc

Professional Malcontent

• Citizen
  • 1848 posts
  • Location:Mt. Vernon, VA Home: Long Island, NY Previous: Tampa, FL
  • Faction::Free Agent

Posted 26 August 2011 - 03:18 PM

Or it should be soon. Got charged for my preorder a few minutes ago.
xvpu.jpg
Looking for; 2005 Botcon Ratchet, Junker Classics Optimus Prime (for parts)

#2 Alpha Omega Trion Supreme

Alpha Omega Trion Supreme

Now where did I leave that darn key!

• Citizen
  • 4366 posts
  • Faction::Autobot

Posted 26 August 2011 - 06:02 PM

QUOTE(ShinRa Inc @ Aug 26 2011, 04:18 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Or it should be soon. Got charged for my preorder a few minutes ago.

Got charged for mine too. Forgot I had ordered it oh so long ago.

#3 Star-A-Star

Star-A-Star

Who wants some robot chicken?

• Citizen
  • 5996 posts

Posted 26 August 2011 - 06:37 PM

About time. It's been keeping me from shipping my Pile of Loot.
Well, Art is Art, isn't it? Still, on the other hand, water is water. And east is east and west is west and if you take cranberries and stew them like applesauce they taste much more like prunes than rhubarb does. Now you tell me what you know.

Groucho Marx

#4 mx-01 archon

mx-01 archon

The world suffused with sound

• Supporter
  • 17254 posts

Posted 26 August 2011 - 07:15 PM

Well, it'll be MP-10 holding up my next POL (bah. Want FP Insecticons noooooow!), not this set. But glad it's finally out.

#5 Gizmoboy

Gizmoboy

I live to serve

• Forum Moderator
  • 5569 posts
  • Faction::Decepticon

Posted 28 August 2011 - 10:13 AM

I've been waiting for this for a long time. Glad it's finally in. Waiting on Heavy Labor before I ship my next POL.

18f2ee44-4730-475b-8e0b-589561ba1995_zps

#6 BB Shockwave

BB Shockwave

Arachnofiliac

• Citizen
  • 10498 posts
  • Faction::Decepticon

Posted 29 August 2011 - 02:35 AM

After checking the head again... I decided not to buy it. The skull-face just looks too angular, and almost goofy, and I don't see the need to get the same swords Bludgeon already has in a different color.

I'd gladly buy the other upgrade, planned for the small Wreckage repaint, but that seems to have been lost...

Off-topic, but anyone knows where one can get Venksta's Darkwing and Red Alert upgrades? Ebay has yielded nothing...

Boo-Sig.jpg

#7 Lukeblast

Lukeblast
  • Forum Moderator
  • 11093 posts
  • Faction::Cannonball's Pirate Crew

Posted 29 August 2011 - 08:59 AM

QUOTE(BB Shockwave @ Aug 29 2011, 03:35 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Off-topic, but anyone knows where one can get Venksta's Darkwing and Red Alert upgrades? Ebay has yielded nothing...

Unfortunately, Venksta's products are often 200-300 pieces, and there's not really any outside bleed--the people who know about them are the people who want them. There's going to be a handful of people at best who resell his product for any reason... and given the rarity/demand, it's probably going to go for WAY more than you're prepared to pay.

I'm still kicking myself for missing out on Red Alert so I wish things were different, but the sad reality is that you're probably outta luck.
"For the love of Crom, am I the only one here who wants to keep the U.S. technologically competitive?"

#8 Ursa Magnus

Ursa Magnus

Omega Guardians, FTW!!

• Forum Moderator
  • 8697 posts
  • Faction::Maximal

Posted 31 August 2011 - 09:12 AM

Got my Blood from BBTS today. I'm looking forward to taking it home and upgrading him this evening. Yes. icon-silverbolt.gif

#9 Powered Convoy

Powered Convoy

President of the Deflowering Club

• News and Content
  • 48453 posts
  • Faction::RIRFIB

Posted 31 August 2011 - 09:52 AM

QUOTE(Ursa Magnus @ Aug 31 2011, 10:12 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Got my Blood from BBTS today. I'm looking forward to taking it home and upgrading him this evening. Yes. icon-silverbolt.gif

Pics?!

#10 Ursa Magnus

Ursa Magnus

Omega Guardians, FTW!!

• Forum Moderator
  • 8697 posts

Posted 31 August 2011 - 10:01 AM

QUOTE(Powered Convoy @ Aug 31 2011, 10:52 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE(Ursa Magnus @ Aug 31 2011, 10:12 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Pics?!

Once I upgrade him, I'll be sure to take some. icon-ironhide.gif

#11 Powered Convoy

Powered Convoy

• News and Content
  • 48453 posts

Posted 31 August 2011 - 10:09 AM

Awesome, thanks!

#12 Ursa Magnus

Ursa Magnus

Omega Guardians, FTW!!

• Forum Moderator
  • 8697 posts

Posted 31 August 2011 - 10:30 AM

Just looking at the set here at my desk, and it looks pretty neat. The packaging is clamshell, and pops open and closed again without any issue. None of the parts are held into the packaging by anything more than slight friction, so there's no distortion of the blades. And the instructions for replacing the head are right on the back of the cardback. Very nice.

#13 Ursa Magnus

Ursa Magnus

Omega Guardians, FTW!!

• Forum Moderator
  • 8697 posts

Posted 31 August 2011 - 06:43 PM

Pictures incoming...

#14 mx-01 archon

mx-01 archon

The world suffused with sound

• Supporter
  • 17254 posts

Posted 31 August 2011 - 06:46 PM

There's something off about both headsculpts. I think the skull face needs more pronounced cheekbones to make it look a bit more exagerrated and menacing. Dunno why the Noh mask feels off, though.

But I've quite grown to like the original head sculpt anyways (just need to get around to painting the bottom "jaw" to look more like the Noh mask version), so I don't think I'm bothering with the replacement, anyways. The improved swords are where it's at for me.

Edited by mx-01 archon, 31 August 2011 - 06:47 PM.

#15 MrBlud

MrBlud

Pipes must've sprayed me...I'm sorry

• Forum Moderator
  • 46294 posts
  • Faction::RIBFIR

Posted 31 August 2011 - 06:50 PM

That does look sharp. icon-ironhide.gif

How involved is the headswapping?

#16 Ursa Magnus

Ursa Magnus

Omega Guardians, FTW!!

• Forum Moderator
  • 8697 posts

Posted 31 August 2011 - 06:55 PM

QUOTE(MrBlud @ Aug 31 2011, 07:50 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
That does look sharp. icon-ironhide.gif

How involved is the headswapping?

Not tough at all. You remove the two screws in the old head, and the new one just clicks down over the neck piece. It's a little looser than I'd like, but it's secure. And to change the face, you just slide the helmet off, rotate the head around, and drop the helmet back on.

I like it, but it really could use some kind of paint or accents. It's just unpainted white plastic as-is (aside from the red eyes on the skull and blue on the robot).

#17 Shattered

Shattered

The Other Spider

• News and Content
  • 4911 posts

Posted 31 August 2011 - 06:56 PM

QUOTE(mx-01 archon @ Aug 31 2011, 07:46 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
There's something off about both headsculpts. I think the skull face needs more pronounced cheekbones to make it look a bit more exagerrated and menacing. Dunno why the Noh mask feels off, though.

Yeah, these are both very off from the kind of look I was hoping for here. The first looks just plain goofy with the toothy grim and odd chin, and the second just doesn't interest me. I'll pass.

#18 Jeremy

Jeremy

Hardcore Criminal

• Retired Staff
  • 23565 posts

Posted 31 August 2011 - 07:56 PM

Yeah, I just don't think I care for the sculpt on the skull face, or the sort of tall, narrow shape of the helmet all that much. Plus the plastic looks like it doesn't match that well. This isn't bad really, but it just doesn't particularly push my buttons for some reason.

I'm pretty much used to the head he came with, which looks tons better if you get a replacement clear red eye piece from Darkov at TFW2005. That subtle touch of the eyes being translucent, like Hasbro toys usually are, really brings him to life. With that said, I wouldn't mind a replacement that was cast in the respective colors instead of painted, with more the same general shape as the Hasbro head, but with a different sculpt.

I do dig the swords with the green handles that match the toy though, that's a nice touch and a good use of chrome. Almost worth the relatively cheap price just for that.

Edited by Jeremy, 31 August 2011 - 08:22 PM.

"Wise men profit more from fools than fools from wise men; for the wise men shun the mistakes of fools, but fools do not imitate the successes of the wise." - Cato the Elder

"Majority rule only works if you're also considering individual rights. Because you can't have five wolves and one sheep voting on what to have for supper." - Larry Flynt

#19 Powered Convoy

Powered Convoy

• News and Content
  • 48453 posts

Posted 31 August 2011 - 07:58 PM

Thanks Ursa! I like the robotic face, the skeleton face needs some work though. They should have just swiped the sculpt from MOTU's Scare Glow. icon-fire.gif

Randy

#20 Jeremy

Jeremy

Hardcore Criminal

• Retired Staff
  • 23565 posts

Posted 31 August 2011 - 08:47 PM

So yeah, I went ahead and ordered it for just the swords, and the resulting improved vehicle mode turret. Love tasteful little touches of chrome like that. icon-fire.gif

Anybody not care about the swords but want the head maybe? I doubt I'll be using it.
"Wise men profit more from fools than fools from wise men; for the wise men shun the mistakes of fools, but fools do not imitate the successes of the wise." - Cato the Elder

"Majority rule only works if you're also considering individual rights. Because you can't have five wolves and one sheep voting on what to have for supper." - Larry Flynt

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users