3 replies to this topic

#1 TM2 Dinobot

TM2 Dinobot

Wha?

• Citizen
  • 4608 posts
  • Faction::Predacon

Posted 22 August 2011 - 11:12 AM

Okay, so I had this vision/dram/whatever the other day, and I'd like to try my hand at some character model design sheets for the Female Predacons. Work out their transformations, their combinations, and their scale. Maybe possibly see if there's a 3rd party company out there willing to shop around for them. Or see what kinda effort it would take to produce them locally.

Here's my question. I have an idea how they should go, but I can't draw Hangman to save my life, and I have precious little real world experience in this. So I was wondering if anyone has any tips for me. I am not asking for someone to DO it for me, but just for some legitimate suggestions. With the design process. Now the shopping 3rd parties. Although that would be great too. Also if these somehow got made, would y'all be interested?

You know what? Any comments or suggestions AT ALL would be appreciated.
I had a better signature... then it ran away. MLP card trade list. MLP blind bag trade list.

#2 Weremole

Weremole

Ah, what the heck. What is in a name?

• Citizen
  • 5851 posts
  • Faction::Autobot

Posted 29 August 2011 - 07:57 AM

I don't remember them so I wouldn't know.

But if nothing else its a cool project. I can only speak for myself here. But I'd first figure out how they would go. Then figure out what level of articulation every mode needs and draw out how this could realisticly happen in the confines of physics.

Good inspiration are things like the Soul Of Chogokin plan drawings. If you don't want to worry about engineering as much as plausability its easier ofcourse.

Also figure out ways to make each character unique, not only in bios but in appearance. Again; I don't remember these. But if they are all just "red lipstick smoldering with generic rage" I'd retool them a bit. A toy is a piece you play and fiddle with. Even more so a robot toy who have no excuse not to have features.

Or you just make them as outrageously hot as possible.

Or go the Busou Shinki route and combine both tiny robot woman and action figure appeals.

What I'm saying is that its a cool idea and you should go for it. Find a name other than "Female Predacons" as well. Faunacons, Furycons, Wild Attack Team... Something exciting.

#3 TGping

TGping
  • Citizen
  • 570 posts

Posted 06 September 2011 - 10:55 PM

Well, first up, you need designs drawn up. A freelance artist can do this. Might need to get one that specializes in Tf fanart or something.

Then, you can hire a 3D modeler to render them.

After the 3D model is done, find a rapidprototyper, and get a 3D print or two of it. Clean it up good, and make some Resin Prototype casts of it.

THEN you can shop it around. Its really difficult to shop around JUST a drawing or description.

Do keep in mind Wermole's advice, the characters need to stand out and need to be unique within their own universe as well as without.
Now accepting commissions, if interested send a pm.

Deviantart Gallery

#4 TM2 Dinobot

TM2 Dinobot

Wha?

• Citizen
  • 4608 posts
  • Faction::Predacon

Posted 08 September 2011 - 07:24 PM

That's VERY helpful, both of you. Thanks. icon-hotrod.gif
I had a better signature... then it ran away. MLP card trade list. MLP blind bag trade list.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users