220 replies to this topic

#161 Confuzor

Confuzor

Now put em in Smash Bros!

• Supporter
  • 4920 posts

Posted 14 May 2012 - 12:23 PM

QUOTE(Zek @ May 14 2012, 11:32 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
And Funimation is supposed to be making a One Piece related announcement sometime in the next few weeks, most likely related to the release of season 4.

Yeah, probably a solid release date for Season 4. Tho I'd flip it was announcement for Strong World!

#162 Zek

Zek

Resident Goober

• Supporter
  • 7211 posts
  • Faction::Cannonball's Pirate Crew

Posted 14 May 2012 - 02:44 PM

Well, popular theory (aka what I've read at Arlong Park) is that the kind of thing they would announce like this would NOT be something like a release date for season 4. I'm hoping for news that they're dubbing Pirate Warriors, but that's just my wishful thinking.

#163 Zek

Zek

Resident Goober

• Supporter
  • 7211 posts

Posted 14 May 2012 - 05:31 PM

Sorry for double post, but this is important!

SEASON 4 PART 1 WILL BE RELEASED AUGUST 7TH!!

Though I won't buy it until it's in Collection form icon-waspy.gif

#164 Goblez

Goblez
  • Supporter
  • 11650 posts

Posted 14 May 2012 - 06:40 PM

ok now I am confused again. which DVD sets are better to get.

the ones in this series
http://www.amazon.com/One-Piece-Collection...8847&sr=1-5

or these ones
http://www.amazon.com/One-Piece-Season-Sec...8847&sr=1-8

because the first one I linked is winning purely on episode count for cost icon-waspy.gif

#165 Zek

Zek

Resident Goober

• Supporter
  • 7211 posts

Posted 14 May 2012 - 07:09 PM

Absolutely the first one, for the very reason you said. Each of the Collections are made up of 2 of the Voyages. All the special features remain intact.

The first two Voyages of season 3 will be released in Collection 6 next month. Season 4 First Voyage is out in August, along with Collection 7, which will be made of Season 3 Voyages 3 and 4.

Edited by Zek, 14 May 2012 - 07:10 PM.

#166 Goblez

Goblez
  • Supporter
  • 11650 posts

Posted 14 May 2012 - 07:12 PM

Ah awesome. will place my order then before the dollar drops anymore icon-waspy.gif

#167 Goblez

Goblez
  • Supporter
  • 11650 posts

Posted 20 May 2012 - 10:35 PM

bumping with another stupid question.

do any of the movies take place in the shows time line or are they all stand alone stories.

#168 Hecate

Hecate

When should we three meet as one?

• Citizen
  • 25715 posts

Posted 20 May 2012 - 10:39 PM

QUOTE(Goblez @ May 21 2012, 01:35 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
bumping with another stupid question.

do any of the movies take place in the shows time line or are they all stand alone stories.

None of them are required material, Strong World and an upcoming one actually fit in as they're written by the author, but they're not essential.

Do watch Strong World though, as it's quite good. I think you watch it after Impel Down arc?

I am what I am.

#169 Goblez

Goblez
  • Supporter
  • 11650 posts

Posted 20 May 2012 - 10:43 PM

well the DVD's i have ordered only go up to episode 130 so I will be far off that for awhile. unless I just download subs and buy the DVDs when they come out. might be the best solution

#170 Zek

Zek

Resident Goober

• Supporter
  • 7211 posts

Posted 20 May 2012 - 11:22 PM

^You would be able to watch movie 8, since it's a retelling of the Alabasta Arc, and movie 9 which is a retelling of Drum Island, with the addition of Franky.

And yeah, Strong World is the only film I've seen, and it's awesome sauce to the max.

#171 Zek

Zek

Resident Goober

• Supporter
  • 7211 posts

Posted 30 May 2012 - 02:05 PM

SEASON 4 TRAILER!!!!!! http://www.funimation.com/one-piece/traile...age-one/3554661

#172 Teufel

Teufel

Tastes like chicken.

• Supporter
  • 2604 posts
  • Faction::Decepticon

Posted 30 May 2012 - 09:00 PM

Cool trailer. Unfortunately I will be waiting for collection editions as well. I was buying each volume as Funi released them and happily paying the premium for the 13 episodes to feed my addiction. But when they stopped I waited and waited and waited and finally got all caught up with fansubs. So now... well, the collections have more episodes, are cheaper, and in my opinion actually look way cooler.

#173 Confuzor

Confuzor

• Supporter
  • 4920 posts

Posted 30 May 2012 - 11:51 PM

The audio in that trailer seemed off, the droning music was much louder than the voices.

#174 Zek

Zek

Resident Goober

• Supporter
  • 7211 posts

Posted 30 May 2012 - 11:52 PM

There usually aren't voices for the One Piece trailers, so that could be it icon-waspy.gif

#175 Zek

Zek

Resident Goober

• Supporter
  • 7211 posts

Posted 29 July 2012 - 11:30 AM

THIS JUST (SORTA) IN FROM OTAKON: Funimation has acquired the rights to Season 5 (Episodes 264-336) and Movie 10, Strong World.

My excitement cannot be contained, I am struggling to type this. Not only will the whole CP9 saga FINALLY be dubbed, but also the most highly praised of the films, which means BROOK GETS DUBBED!!!!

YOHOHOHO!

Edit: There also appears to be news that they got season 6 and the new Film Z as well. If true, that would be terribly exciting.

Update: The above statement is false.

I mean, I shouldn't be surprised that Funi will be doing season 5, but season 4 hasn't even been officially released yet. Oh well, the actors love the show and will have quite a bit of work to do for a while!

Edited by Wreck It Zek, 29 July 2012 - 01:05 PM.

#176 Confuzor

Confuzor

• Supporter
  • 4920 posts

Posted 29 July 2012 - 01:51 PM

Yeah that Toonzone PR article says it, but FUNI swears that the only thing announced was season 5 & Strong World. Seems like a miscommunication here.

#177 HellCat

HellCat

OMG!

• Citizen
  • 10452 posts
  • Faction::Autobot

Posted 29 July 2012 - 03:08 PM

http://www.toonzone....626#post4027626

Seems this was a case where FUNi issued more PR then they actually revealed at the convention. It's not uncommon for us to receive announcement news and be asked to with hold it until a public event has made it 'official', so this appears to be their mistake rather than TZs. I can't confirm much else right now because our reporting system has changed and I personally didn't receive this part of PR.

EDIT- Seems something isn't adding up and we're currently trying to get confirmation from FUNimation. Our own reporters who are covering Otakon confirm these licenses weren't mentioned at the panel.

Edited by HellCat, 29 July 2012 - 03:13 PM.

#178 HellCat

HellCat

OMG!

• Citizen
  • 10452 posts

Posted 29 July 2012 - 04:33 PM

Article should now be corrected. Seems this was a simple typo we ended up repeating. Sorry for anyone who got their hopes up.

#179 Zek

Zek

Resident Goober

• Supporter
  • 7211 posts

Posted 20 August 2012 - 06:13 PM

Doesn't really matter, they've got Strong World and Season 5, which means all the Straw hats will finally be dubbed!

#180 Asquian

Asquian
  • Supporter
  • 21605 posts

Posted 25 August 2012 - 07:09 AM

HIGHLIGHT to view:

Gomu Gomu UFO. That is all.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users