11 replies to this topic

#1 Cabooceratops

Cabooceratops

Local Shipping Enthusiast

• Citizen
  • 8660 posts
  • Faction::Dinobot

Posted 15 August 2011 - 05:22 AM

Hey! You! Yeah you! Do you draw ponies? Well, this is the place to post your work! Do you like discussing other people's art? Do I have a deal for you! Just one click on the "Add Reply" button in this here topic guarantees you a chance to express your opinion on the art contained here!

Anywho, here is a peice of my work to start off this topic.

Someone else's OC, Darkly Cute. I generally do original work over the show characters, because I'm not really confident in my ability to draw the in show characters particularly well, anyone else feel the same way?

Edited by Cabooceratops, 10 March 2012 - 02:43 PM.

#2 nuclearsuplex

nuclearsuplex
  • Supporter
  • 68 posts
  • Faction::Autobot

Posted 15 August 2011 - 11:08 AM

I generally do original work over the show characters, because I'm not really confident in my ability to draw the in show characters particularly well, anyone else feel the same way?

I doubt anyone would care if you drew show ponies poorly. Hundreds of people draw crappy twilight sparkles every day. What you have is pretty close to show accurate. Her neck might be a little long, but it looks great anyway. You should just draw what you want to draw. You're not going to offend anyone.

Anyway, for the topic, this is my most recent picture. Dash has a beard. If anyone is offended by that, go ahead and complain about it here icon-arcee.gif

#3 MyLittleEmpath

MyLittleEmpath

Don't worry. Ponies will make it all better.

• Supporter
  • 1428 posts
  • Faction::Equestrian

Posted 15 August 2011 - 09:44 PM

Oooo . . . This is gonna be my favorite thread, I can just tell.
Hmm . . . Who should I start out with, though? I have so many to choose from . . . Folder browsing time! Back in a flash!

Also, it has long been a firm belief of mine that one should not care about what others think of art that one creates for one's own enjoyment. Rather, one should only care about one's own opinion of one's own work.

EDIT: Huh. Odd, I don't seem to have very many OC's actually finished at the moment. I'll definitely be posting some when I get around to finishing them, though, but in the meantime, here's Colt Strife riding RainChocobow Dash (technically not a true OC, but it's the only decent one I have available now):

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Edited by MyLittleEmpath, 15 August 2011 - 09:56 PM.

FREE CUSTOM PONIES!!
Just PM me whatever specifications you want.

#4 Cabooceratops

Cabooceratops

• Citizen
  • 8660 posts

Posted 16 August 2011 - 08:37 AM

QUOTE(nuclearsuplex @ Aug 15 2011, 12:08 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I generally do original work over the show characters, because I'm not really confident in my ability to draw the in show characters particularly well, anyone else feel the same way?

I doubt anyone would care if you drew show ponies poorly. Hundreds of people draw crappy twilight sparkles every day. What you have is pretty close to show accurate. Her neck might be a little long, but it looks great anyway. You should just draw what you want to draw. You're not going to offend anyone.

But I care if I draw show ponies poorly. If I'm doing it badly it bugs me to no end. icon-wildride.gif

Besides, making your own characters and stories is a lot more fun. =P

#5 Sobana

Sobana

Destroyer of Love & Identity Thief

• MORON
  • 0 posts

Posted 16 August 2011 - 10:33 AM

QUOTE(MyLittleEmpath @ Aug 15 2011, 10:44 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hmm . . . Who should I start out with, though? I have so many to choose from . . . Folder browsing time! Back in a flash!

Oh? Looks like we have our selves an old fashion OC contest then >.> lol
Spoiler

#6 MyLittleEmpath

MyLittleEmpath

Don't worry. Ponies will make it all better.

• Supporter
  • 1428 posts

Posted 19 August 2011 - 05:11 PM

QUOTE(Cabooceratops @ Aug 16 2011, 06:37 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
But I care if I draw show ponies poorly. If I'm doing it badly it bugs me to no end. icon-wildride.gif

I know the feeling. I've been drawing almost my entire life because of an incessant need to improve my skills to a point where I can draw something
so flawlessly that even my meticulous inner critic can find no fault in it. Which is yet another reason that I am so thankful for the existence of
Ponies--in comparison to the kind of complexity, subtlety and detail I'm used to working with, drawing ponies is incredibly liberating because of
how simple and clear they are. It's taken me back to the fundamentals of using basic shape and proportion. For reference, this is the kind of thing I
normally drew before I ran across FiM (it may not look like it, but that one image took me almost three full 8-hour days of vectoring, coloring,
filtering, color correcting, and various tweaking of little bits and pieces, as well as the two days it took me to hand draw the original hard copy in
my sketchbook).

QUOTE(Sobana @ Aug 16 2011, 08:33 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE(MyLittleEmpath @ Aug 15 2011, 10:44 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Oh? Looks like we have our selves an old fashion OC contest then >.> lol

icon-fire.gif Bring it on! icon-fire.gif

FEAR THE REAPER!

. . .

. . .

Yeah, I didn't feel like vectoring or coloring him today. I probably will sometime soon, though.
Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Edited by MyLittleEmpath, 19 August 2011 - 05:13 PM.

FREE CUSTOM PONIES!!
Just PM me whatever specifications you want.

#7 Nutjob R/T

Nutjob R/T

I love this thread.

• Citizen
  • 20974 posts

Posted 21 August 2011 - 10:28 PM

Oh, hell, now I'm doing it.

Eventually I'll slap a fifth wheel mark on his flank and call it a day.

Meet Fontane. Why fontane? Punch in 'Fifthwheel.com' and see what company comes up; They've got pretty much a stranglehold on the market.

Attached Thumbnails

• Fontane.jpg

Edited by Nutjob R/T, 21 August 2011 - 10:29 PM.

QUOTE(ChessPieceFace @ Mar 28 2013, 03:22 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
You won't be the killjoy, we will. We will kill the absolute jive out of that joy.

#8 Dvandom

Dvandom

Purveyor of Ponies. And Physics.

• Supporter
  • 13135 posts

Posted 25 August 2011 - 09:36 PM

Let's see a screenshot of OC Donut Steel from CoH, dude.

---Dave
DAVE'S WEBPAGES
-- www.eyrie.org/~dvandom/BW --
NEWS, REVIEWS and SIGHTINGS
-- www.dvandom.com --
ARTWORK and IMAGES

Pssst...if you
can't see my images,
try my deviantArt!

#9 Sobana

Sobana

Destroyer of Love & Identity Thief

• MORON
  • 0 posts

Posted 02 September 2011 - 07:23 PM

How is this?
Spoiler

#10 Cabooceratops

Cabooceratops

• Citizen
  • 8660 posts

Posted 10 March 2012 - 02:42 PM

Alright, let's try this again.

It's Sobana's character, basically, she told me to post it on the forum, so here you guys go.

Also, as a reminder, this thread is mostly meant to contain our original art, it's not just a fancharacter thread. So I'll go ahead and change the title to reflect that.

#11 Legion Maximus

Legion Maximus
  • Citizen
  • 233 posts
  • Faction::Predacon

Posted 10 March 2012 - 07:37 PM

This one will always be one of my favorites, for Bon Bon's expression turning out even better than in the original sketch.

Also one of the few pictures where I bothered to draw a background, because I am TERRIBLE at backgrounds.

All my drawings are fanfic related recently because it takes me so long to draw a picture, on top of writing, that it doesn't leave me time for other pics. icon-arcee.gif

#12 Sailor Unicron

Sailor Unicron
  • Citizen
  • 3013 posts

Posted 11 March 2012 - 02:38 PM

Oh, why not?

My Little Westeros: House Targaryen

You are more than flesh and bone / Can't you see, you're something beautiful...you gotta believe that you are / Someone worth dying for

God's not dead!

In 1996: "TRUKK NOT MUNKEY!"; In 2013: "PONEE NOT HUGHMAN!"; in 2014: "TREE NOT CASSUL"; Regardless of the fandom, it all boils down to one thing: "RUINED FOREVA!"

DA account

I got my counter at Jellyneo.net! NaNoWriMo is GO!

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users