46 replies to this topic

#1 LoomX

LoomX

Go on, have a jump!

• Supporter
  • 478 posts
  • Faction::Vehicon

Posted 11 August 2011 - 03:30 AM

One of the things I love about the show is the musical numbers, from Pinkie's random songs to the grandness of At The Gala. So let's discuss the wonderful songs that the series has brought us.

Also, Daniel Ingram has posted a demo to Hop Skip Jump from Dragonshy. Enjoy icon-hotrod.gif

Hop Skip Jump demo

Edited by LoomX, 11 August 2011 - 09:56 AM.

#2 Scavgraphics

Scavgraphics

Sometimes bad ponies make the best good ponies!

• Supporter
  • 4806 posts
  • Faction::Equestrian

Posted 11 August 2011 - 08:56 AM

Good timing for a thread (but no alliterative title?)

Anywho.... So, I was thinking...in Winter Wrap-Up, the Southern Bird Verse. Who's singing it?
There's 2 different singers, and Flutter Shy seems to be the second singer ("We wake up all the sleepy-heads"). So who sings first?

#3 LoomX

LoomX

Go on, have a jump!

• Supporter
  • 478 posts
  • Faction::Vehicon

Posted 11 August 2011 - 10:15 AM

It was a bit boring the title wasn't it? I've given it a more pony based theme now icon-hotrod.gif

As for who's singing that verse, it puzzles me too. I think it's Rarity since she doesn't sing any other parts.

#4 Sailor Unicron

Sailor Unicron
  • Citizen
  • 2939 posts

Posted 11 August 2011 - 10:32 AM

So far, I have Winter Wrap Up, Art of the Dress, and At the Gala on my MP3 player. I still need to add Giggle at the Ghostly and Equestria Girls.

Winter Wrap Up is really fun, but the counterpoint makes it a bit difficult to sing.
You are more than flesh and bone / Can't you see, you're something beautiful...you gotta believe that you are / Someone worth dying for

God's not dead!

In 1996: "TRUKK NOT MUNKEY!"; In 2013: "PONEE NOT HUGHMAN!"; in 2014: "TREE NOT CASSUL"; Regardless of the fandom, it all boils down to one thing: "RUINED FOREVA!"

DA account

#5 Scavgraphics

Scavgraphics

Sometimes bad ponies make the best good ponies!

• Supporter
  • 4806 posts

Posted 11 August 2011 - 11:00 AM

^There's a link to a soundtrack album in my signature.
Though, I'll be doing a better version in the next bunch of days.

#6 TM2-Megatron

TM2-Megatron

Happy Nightmare Night!

• Supporter
  • 9372 posts

Posted 11 August 2011 - 01:48 PM

Here's a link to the soundtrack files I made for myself; I uploaded them a while back for someone else, but I figure it doesn't hurt to link here as well. Everything from season 1, in the order it was heard, plus the opening and closing themes on either end; and Equestria Girls as the final track. 256kbps AAC, and volume normalized as much as possible.

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=DYIH8J2D

Edited by TM2-Megatron, 11 August 2011 - 03:13 PM.

#7 Robot Viking

Robot Viking

Loot, pillage, burn, watch TV

• Supporter
  • 642 posts
  • Faction::Free Agent

Posted 11 August 2011 - 03:11 PM

QUOTE(TM2-Megatron @ Aug 11 2011, 01:48 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Here's a link to the soundtrack files I made for myself

I was in the process of making one for myself, but yours is very nice. Thank you for sharing (and saving me some headaches.)

#8 MrBlud

MrBlud

Pipes must've sprayed me...I'm sorry

• Forum Moderator
  • 46188 posts
  • Faction::RIBFIR

Posted 11 August 2011 - 04:51 PM

Wasn't there an alternate opening/ending theme or something with Pinkie's singing VA?

Anypony have that one?

#9 TM2-Megatron

TM2-Megatron

Happy Nightmare Night!

• Supporter
  • 9372 posts

Posted 11 August 2011 - 04:52 PM

Yeah, the quality is surprisingly adequate for songs that've been pulled from lossy sources. However, we may not have to make do with those forever. According to a post on Equestria Daily earlier today, Daniel Ingram indicated that there is in fact an extended version of the main theme, but that it won't be released until the soundtrack is put out (he doesn't know when that might be, but apparently he's under the impression it's going to be done). I was always hoping there'd be a proper CD release.

http://www.equestria...606018586674405

#10 Robot Viking

Robot Viking

• Supporter
  • 642 posts

Posted 11 August 2011 - 04:59 PM

QUOTE(TM2-Megatron @ Aug 11 2011, 04:52 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I was always hoping there'd be a proper CD release.

They would be fools not to; I want that thing.
Yesterday.

#11 TM2-Megatron

TM2-Megatron

Happy Nightmare Night!

• Supporter
  • 9372 posts

Posted 11 August 2011 - 05:14 PM

Such often seems to be the case with full versions of songs which have been truncated for television; maybe we just get too accustomed to the more familiar version. Either way, it'd be fun to hear. I hope they include some background music and maybe alternate cues, if any exist. In a way, I wish Hasbro would simply give the material to a company like La-La-Land Records or Film Score Monthly; now they do excellent soundtrack work, with extensive liner notes and as much content as is possible to squeeze onto optical disc(s). La-La-Land in particular has done several albums for animated properties from DC, I believe.

Edited by TM2-Megatron, 11 August 2011 - 05:16 PM.

#12 pao

pao

Life is a struggle.

• Supporter
  • 832 posts

Posted 11 August 2011 - 06:36 PM

A Ponychan contributor occasionally (~weekly) updates this everything Everything EVERYTHING in pony music compilation. I suspect, but cannot confirm, that the sound quality of the official music is probably not quite up to the level of the collections above. On the other hoof, Waka's compilation includes pretty much Every Fan Music Ever. While production quality varies, it is the quickest way to get everything out there for your perusal.

For the record, I happen to like RainbowCrash88's straightforward 8-bit interpretations of Ingram's songs, as well as UnanimousDelivers' crazy samplefests, which are just too much fun. In the latter case it's helped by not overusing the "Louder!"/"yay" samples, which I feel is a crutch too many people are relying on.

#13 TM2-Megatron

TM2-Megatron

Happy Nightmare Night!

• Supporter
  • 9372 posts

Posted 11 August 2011 - 06:52 PM

I've compiled a great deal of the fan-made remixes, 8-bit versions, and also Eurobeat Brony's compositions; almost all in lossless FLAC, sometimes requesting FLAC versions when the original upload was lossy. However, since I didn't create them and don't have permission to redistribute (especially in the case of Eurobeat Brony, whose songs you can download in lossless quality in a name-your-price kind of deal), I only include those versions of the official songs that I made myself in the collection I linked to above.

#14 Robot Viking

Robot Viking

• Supporter
  • 642 posts

Posted 14 August 2011 - 10:38 AM

I was rather impressed by this rescore of the bit from "Party of One."

Edited by RoboViking, 14 August 2011 - 12:20 PM.

#15 Matenshi

Matenshi
  • Citizen
  • 288 posts

Posted 16 August 2011 - 08:22 PM

QUOTE(TM2-Megatron @ Aug 11 2011, 11:48 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Here's a link to the soundtrack files I made for myself; I uploaded them a while back for someone else, but I figure it doesn't hurt to link here as well. Everything from season 1, in the order it was heard, plus the opening and closing themes on either end; and Equestria Girls as the final track. 256kbps AAC, and volume normalized as much as possible.

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=DYIH8J2D

Thank you so much for these!

The only thing I can think of that's "missing" is Sweetie Belle singing the CMC theme (although I can't remember if that might have been too short to be worth bothering?) and the version of the opening that was sung by Pinkie's singing VA. Has no one been able to save a copy of the latter?

#16 TM2-Megatron

TM2-Megatron

Happy Nightmare Night!

• Supporter
  • 9372 posts

Posted 16 August 2011 - 08:39 PM

QUOTE(Matenshi @ Aug 16 2011, 09:22 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
The only thing I can think of that's "missing" is Sweetie Belle singing the CMC theme (although I can't remember if that might have been too short to be worth bothering?) and the version of the opening that was sung by Pinkie's singing VA. Has no one been able to save a copy of the latter?

Yeah, I felt Sweetie's line or two of the CMC theme she'd come up with was a little too short. Tbh, I'd hoped that a more complete rendition of her version of the theme would show up at some point in the future, which is why I added the "(Rock Ballad Version)" to the title of the one they performed at the talent show.

I hadn't heard that Pinkie's singing VA had a version of the theme out there; it'd be interesting to hear.

Edited by TM2-Megatron, 16 August 2011 - 08:39 PM.

#17 Matenshi

Matenshi
  • Citizen
  • 288 posts

Posted 16 August 2011 - 08:47 PM

http://soundcloud.co...mo-shan/s-VaBGI

It's cool both for the fact it's her singing it, and that it gives us a version where someone's just plain singing the theme and not as their characters.

#18 TM2-Megatron

TM2-Megatron

Happy Nightmare Night!

• Supporter
  • 9372 posts

Posted 16 August 2011 - 08:59 PM

Cute; she has a pretty voice.

heh, the icon/avatar Mr. Ingram chose for that song is the edit I did of an Apple Bloom vector long ago, to make it look like Pinkie (before we knew what she really looked like as a filly).

#19 TM2 Dinobot

TM2 Dinobot

Wha?

• Citizen
  • 4607 posts
  • Faction::Predacon

Posted 16 August 2011 - 10:58 PM

I think that Winter Wrap Up is the best done and most addictive, but I will admit that a recut of the CMC theme with proper vocals would knock my socks off.

I need a soundtrack. Yesterday.
I had a better signature... then it ran away. MLP card trade list. MLP blind bag trade list.

#20 Matenshi

Matenshi
  • Citizen
  • 288 posts

Posted 20 August 2011 - 06:10 PM

QUOTE(TM2-Megatron @ Aug 16 2011, 06:59 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
heh, the icon/avatar Mr. Ingram chose for that song is the edit I did of an Apple Bloom vector long ago, to make it look like Pinkie (before we knew what she really looked like as a filly).

I saw someone in the comments asking if it was an early design for her. lol

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users