WorkbenchManiac
  • Citizen
  • 1120 posts
  • Faction::Maximal

Posted 19 August 2011 - 08:51 PM

german bronies

ALL HAIL PONIES!!! ALL HAIL PONIES!!!

Heil Pony!

I, for one, welcome our new equine overlords.

#42 Robot Viking

Robot Viking

Loot, pillage, burn, watch TV

• Supporter
  • 647 posts
  • Faction::Free Agent

Posted 19 August 2011 - 08:55 PM

QUOTE(WorkbenchManiac @ Aug 19 2011, 08:51 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I, for one, welcome our new equine overlords.

icon-fire.gif

I hope you have a good time and bring back amusing stories. icon-ironhide.gif

#43 Sobana

Sobana

Destroyer of Love & Identity Thief

• MORON
  • 0 posts
  • Faction::Equestrian

Posted 19 August 2011 - 09:52 PM

QUOTE(TM2-Megatron @ Aug 19 2011, 09:48 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Even if they were to upload full episodes, I suspect they'd be restricted to US viewers only. So pretty much useless.

I don't see why that is useless, I mean we all live in America... Oh, wait...

QUOTE(WorkbenchManiac @ Aug 19 2011, 07:55 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
So in the likely case that I am bored by all the video games I can go and chat about ponies.

Yeah know, if I heard that statement before I seen the show... Yeah, you would've known that I would of thought, fer sure. >.> ...Delicious! =D
Spoiler

#44 Don_East

Don_East

Feeling Spectacular

• Citizen
  • 339 posts

Posted 20 August 2011 - 01:19 PM

Oh man, I dreamed I went to a theme park that had ride based off of My Little Pony FiM. It was part Big Thunder Mountain Railroad & one part Splash Mountain. The carts looked like ponies from the show, I got to ride in one that looks like Fluttershy. icon-ironhide.gif

#45 Matenshi

Matenshi
  • Citizen
  • 288 posts

Posted 20 August 2011 - 02:48 PM

I had a dream about finding a Twilight plushie in a crane game.

Too bad they don't actually make any...

#46 RGM

RGM
  • Protoform
  • 19 posts

Posted 20 August 2011 - 03:32 PM

Pony dreams?
Man out of my 3 pony related dreams 2 were about talking about ponies in /co/...
At least the other was more interesting.
Basically the US government ordered Fluttershy's death and sent everything to get her. The next moment I'm in the middle of New York with Fluttershy hiding under a newspaper and Twilight screaming that we need to find a way to get them back to Equestria. Then 20 soldiers come out of nowhere and surround us. Twilight and Fluttershy go all Prototype and start running on building while the soldires look a bit confused and then fill me with bullets.

And there was that time with the fever induced hallucination with Deadpool and Rarity...That was just...really, really strange.

#47 WorkbenchManiac

WorkbenchManiac
  • Citizen
  • 1120 posts

Posted 20 August 2011 - 03:37 PM

QUOTE(Sobana @ Aug 19 2011, 09:52 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Yeah know, if I heard that statement before I seen the show... Yeah, you would've known that I would of thought, fer sure. >.> ...Delicious! =D

And I wouldn?t have blamed you.

QUOTE(RoboViking @ Aug 19 2011, 08:55 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I hope you have a good time and bring back amusing stories. icon-ironhide.gif

The brony meet-up was a lot of fun. The group was quite visible, what with the pony t-shirts and the large brony-banner that was held up. I couldn?t resist the urge to have a little fun:

Me: "My little pony? Aren?t you guys a bit too old to be into that?"
Brony: "No, you see, there is this new show, called Friendship is Magic, and it?s actually really good and has amassed quite a fanbase in a relatively short amount of time."
Me: "Oh yeah? But why is Rarity the best pony?"
Brony:" Yeah, really, the show has taken in qui...." *realization, grins* "She isn?t, Applejack is. Welcome to the meeting"

I didn?t bother to count the total of bronies, as people were coming and going all the time (I guess to go play video games), but there were about a dozen bronies present at all times. One had brought a Twilight Sparkle Plushie he bought off someone on deviantart IIRC. I don?t recall the name of the gifted seamstress, but the quality was top notch. I was quite impressed with it.

Much time was spent on people recounting how they stumbled upon the ponies, generally discussing the show and just plain getting to know one another.

Of course I had to show off my sculpted FIM stuff as well. I was completely overwhelmed by just how well received my Applebloom was.
I had only one painted copy with me, and that one sold for 20€ (~ 29$) in an instant, and those who missed out on that particular Applebloom already put in orders for more- so I guess I?ll be painting Appleblooms for a while.

Edited by WorkbenchManiac, 20 August 2011 - 04:45 PM.

#48 TM2 Dinobot

TM2 Dinobot

Wha?

• Citizen
  • 4608 posts
  • Faction::Predacon

Posted 20 August 2011 - 04:34 PM

Good to hear man. I can't believe we haven't had a Houston meet up yet...

WBM, you're going to be the Vestra of MLP. I would suggest get your prices set and open up a page. icon-hotrod.gif
I had a better signature... then it ran away. MLP card trade list. MLP blind bag trade list.

#49 Rezo

Rezo
  • Citizen
  • 345 posts

Posted 20 August 2011 - 06:56 PM

QUOTE(WorkbenchManiac @ Aug 20 2011, 03:37 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Me: "My little pony? Aren?t you guys a bit too old to be into that?"
Brony: "No, you see, there is this new show, called Friendship is Magic, and it?s actually really good and has amassed quite a fanbase in a relatively short amount of time."
Brony:" Yeah, really, the show has taken in qui...." *realization, grins* "She isn?t, Applejack is. Welcome to the meeting"
I approve of your refined taste, good Sir.

I should probably have made the hop to Cologne ( 1 1/4 hours), but eh. Weekend. Le tired. And Gamescon fails to excite me, ponies nonwithstanding. Seems it was a success for everyone else, though, so yay.

Edited by Rezo, 20 August 2011 - 06:57 PM.

#50 Waspinator

Waspinator

Is that your final Dandy?

• Citizen
  • 20327 posts

Posted 20 August 2011 - 08:57 PM

#51 TM2-Megatron

TM2-Megatron

Happy Nightmare Night!

• Supporter
  • 9420 posts

Posted 20 August 2011 - 11:24 PM

Apparently there's a Pinkie Pie christmas ornament, and it's currently available at Carlton Cards stores in Ontario (likely the rest of Canada, too). Seems to be at least a little bit more show accurate than anything Hasbro's come up with, to boot. In any case, it's not ugly like some of their toys are. I'll likely be dropping by the Eaton Centre or thereabouts to pick one up. Can't say I've ever really been in a Carlton Cards looking for Christmas Ornaments (Hallmark seems to be the more popular choice).

http://www.equestria...-available.html

Edited by TM2-Megatron, 20 August 2011 - 11:28 PM.

#52 Pocket

Pocket

My name's Millions, and I'm a son of a Chipwich!

• Citizen
  • 1923 posts

Posted 21 August 2011 - 12:04 AM

QUOTE(Matenshi @ Aug 20 2011, 03:48 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I had a dream about finding a Twilight plushie in a crane game.

Too bad they don't actually make any...

Actually they do, but... well...

...they're typical Hasbro quality.

QUOTE(RGM @ Aug 20 2011, 04:32 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
And there was that time with the fever induced hallucination with Deadpool and Rarity...That was just...really, really strange.

*crosses fingers that these will hotlink*
"Pinkie's brain is kind of like a supersonic missile without a targeting system." - Creature SH

"Pinkie Pie is not so much random as she is non-linear." - Dvandom

"I like Discord like this. He's gone from a villain to something more akin to a natural disaster." - Fnu Aw

#53 Robot Viking

Robot Viking

Loot, pillage, burn, watch TV

• Supporter
  • 647 posts

Posted 21 August 2011 - 12:09 AM

QUOTE(WorkbenchManiac @ Aug 20 2011, 03:37 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

You have chosen...wisely.

Of course I had to show off my sculpted FIM stuff as well. I was completely overwhelmed by just how well received my Applebloom was.
I had only one painted copy with me, and that one sold for 20? (~ 29$) in an instant, and those who missed out on that particular Applebloom already put in orders for more- so I guess I?ll be painting Appleblooms for a while.

This is no surprise. Your work is excellent. Congrats and may it make enough bits for Granny's hip replacement surgery.

#54 MyLittleEmpath

MyLittleEmpath

Don't worry. Ponies will make it all better.

• Supporter
  • 1428 posts

Posted 21 August 2011 - 01:26 PM

QUOTE(TM2-Megatron @ Aug 20 2011, 09:24 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Apparently there's a Pinkie Pie christmas ornament, and it's currently available at Carlton Cards stores in Ontario (likely the rest of Canada, too). Seems to be at least a little bit more show accurate than anything Hasbro's come up with, to boot. In any case, it's not ugly like some of their toys are. I'll likely be dropping by the Eaton Centre or thereabouts to pick one up. Can't say I've ever really been in a Carlton Cards looking for Christmas Ornaments (Hallmark seems to be the more popular choice).

http://www.equestria...-available.html

1. Do you suppose they might start selling those at stores a little further south? I live in Oregon, and I don't have a car, so long distance trips aren't exactly easy for me, though if I could, I would.
2. Is it common for stores in Canada to be selling Christmas ornaments IN SUMMER? I mean, I know stores get started on holiday merchandising early (at least, they do where I come from), but that's kinda ridiculous.

Also, Rarity is a valid choice, and I accept and tolerate that you have chosen her. However, it is a simple fact that Pinkie Pie is truly the best pony. icon-waspy.gif
FREE CUSTOM PONIES!!
Just PM me whatever specifications you want.

#55 Waspinator

Waspinator

Is that your final Dandy?

• Citizen
  • 20327 posts

Posted 21 August 2011 - 01:38 PM

Why oh why can't Hasbro make plushes that actually look like the characters in the way that the custom ones do?

#56 TM2-Megatron

TM2-Megatron

Happy Nightmare Night!

• Supporter
  • 9420 posts

Posted 21 August 2011 - 02:17 PM

QUOTE(MyLittleEmpath @ Aug 21 2011, 02:26 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
1. Do you suppose they might start selling those at stores a little further south? I live in Oregon, and I don't have a car, so long distance trips aren't exactly easy for me, though if I could, I would.
2. Is it common for stores in Canada to be selling Christmas ornaments IN SUMMER? I mean, I know stores get started on holiday merchandising early (at least, they do where I come from), but that's kinda ridiculous.

It's an American Greetings ornament, so I imagine it'll be sold in the US eventually. I've never really seen stores selling Christmas ornaments up here in the Summer before, but as I said I've never really been in a Carlton Cards; or specifically on the lookout for Christmas ornaments at this time of year. I don't buy many Christmas ornaments in general, aside from the occassional attractive one I might come across while browsing around or doing Christmas shopping in December. The only ones I tend to actively seek out are the Star Trek ships that Hallmark puts out; and I'll only buy that if they've chosen an attractive class of vessel to issue that year.

Edited by TM2-Megatron, 21 August 2011 - 02:17 PM.

#57 MyLittleEmpath

MyLittleEmpath

Don't worry. Ponies will make it all better.

• Supporter
  • 1428 posts

Posted 21 August 2011 - 04:14 PM

QUOTE(TM2-Megatron @ Aug 21 2011, 12:17 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE(MyLittleEmpath @ Aug 21 2011, 02:26 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

It's an American Greetings ornament, so I imagine it'll be sold in the US eventually. I've never really seen stores selling Christmas ornaments up here in the Summer before, but as I said I've never really been in a Carlton Cards; or specifically on the lookout for Christmas ornaments at this time of year. I don't buy many Christmas ornaments in general, aside from the occassional attractive one I might come across while browsing around or doing Christmas shopping in December. The only ones I tend to actively seek out are the Star Trek ships that Hallmark puts out; and I'll only buy that if they've chosen an attractive class of vessel to issue that year.

Sweet!

I ask because I actually have a fake bonsai Christmas tree (which I made--and flocked--myself) sitting on top of my bookcase year-round. It's kinda bare, having only a very few ornaments, so I would love to fill some space on it with some Pony! I'll have to keep an eye out for this . . .
FREE CUSTOM PONIES!!
Just PM me whatever specifications you want.

#58 WorkbenchManiac

WorkbenchManiac
  • Citizen
  • 1120 posts

Posted 21 August 2011 - 06:37 PM

WBM, you're going to be the Vestra of MLP. I would suggest get your prices set and open up a page

I?m sorry, who or what is Vestra?

But I do agree with you on the second part.

QUOTE(Rezo @ Aug 20 2011, 06:56 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I approve of your refined taste, good Sir.

I should probably have made the hop to Cologne ( 1 1/4 hours), but eh. Weekend. Le tired. And Gamescon fails to excite me, ponies nonwithstanding. Seems it was a success for everyone else, though, so yay.

Where are you from, if you don?t mind me asking?

Gamescom isn?t worth it, honestly. Even if I?d care for video games, it was so crowded, that even getting near the popular booths was impossible.
So while i would have liked to get a chance to chat with Notch at the Minecraft booth, I was not very keen on standing in line for hours on end.

Instead I went to the booth for Star Trek: Infinite Space. Never herd of the game, and I still don?t know what it?s about, but I got an inflatable Bat?Leth.

Which is awesome.

#59 Rezo

Rezo
  • Citizen
  • 345 posts

Posted 21 August 2011 - 06:49 PM

/r/ing pic of inflatable bat'leth.

Oh, and Aachen.

#60 WorkbenchManiac

WorkbenchManiac
  • Citizen
  • 1120 posts