1389 replies to this topic

#21 mariomarc

mariomarc
  • Citizen
  • 900 posts
  • Faction::Maximal

Posted 14 August 2011 - 03:42 PM

QUOTE(TheOptimusPrime @ Aug 14 2011, 07:17 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Zecora is pure ghangsta blood. Check out her bling.

it's funny because zebras in the FIM universe represent black people
CAPTAIN OBVIOUS AWAY
I LOVE EVERYPONY!

#22 Shutterbug

Shutterbug
  • Supporter
  • 686 posts
  • Faction::Equestrian

Posted 14 August 2011 - 09:16 PM

This is kind of off-topic, but kinda related at the same time.
I was watching PPG and Bubbles derped and I was like "Whoa that is awesome."

Also, I think neither pirates nor ninjas would be very good for FiM.

#23 Rezo

Rezo
  • Citizen
  • 345 posts

Posted 14 August 2011 - 10:47 PM

QUOTE(Shutterbug @ Aug 14 2011, 09:16 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
This is kind of off-topic, but kinda related at the same time.
I was watching PPG and Bubbles derped and I was like "Whoa that is awesome."
Like this?

#24 mx-01 archon

mx-01 archon

The world suffused with sound

• Supporter
  • 17124 posts

Posted 15 August 2011 - 12:19 AM

So, it's been brought to my attention that Ashleigh Ball's band, Hey Ocean, is performing this year at the PNE in Vancouver.

So, I wonder what the turnout will be this year for her show, and how many overt Bronies will be present in the crowd? That'd be kinda interesting to see...

#25 Dvandom

Dvandom

Purveyor of Ponies. And Physics.

• Supporter
  • 12825 posts
  • Faction::Autobot

Posted 15 August 2011 - 08:55 PM

"Define interesting." "Oh God, oh God, we're all gonna die?"

---Dave
DAVE'S WEBPAGES
-- www.eyrie.org/~dvandom/BW --
NEWS, REVIEWS and SIGHTINGS
-- www.dvandom.com --
ARTWORK and IMAGES

Pssst...if you
can't see my images,
try my deviantArt!

#26 mx-01 archon

mx-01 archon

The world suffused with sound

• Supporter
  • 17124 posts

Posted 18 August 2011 - 11:15 AM

Just a head's up for anyone interested in the concert:

Hey Ocean's lined up to play the final night of the fair, September 5th, 8:00pm (same time as all the nightly concerts). IIRC, all the music acts are free with admission.

Unfortunately, I'm out of town that week, so there's no way I'd be able to check it out (although I probably wouldn't have, anyways. The Fair's really not my kinda place).

#27 TM2 Dinobot

TM2 Dinobot

Wha?

• Citizen
  • 4606 posts
  • Faction::Predacon

Posted 18 August 2011 - 10:47 PM

Hasbro is yanking videos again off Youtube. MenloMarseilles had several videos in the half a million view range. What's going on?
I had a better signature... then it ran away. MLP card trade list. MLP blind bag trade list.

#28 Sobana

Sobana

Destroyer of Love & Identity Thief

• MORON
  • 0 posts

Posted 18 August 2011 - 11:42 PM

QUOTE(TM2 Dinobot @ Aug 18 2011, 11:47 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hasbro is yanking videos again off Youtube. MenloMarseilles had several videos in the half a million view range. What's going on?

Yeah, what is up with that? They were cool with the videos being on there before. Maybe because they grew in such popularity they wanted to make a DVD release for the show but knew free videos on YouTube would cut into their profits?
Spoiler

#29 Guardian Prime

Guardian Prime

Ponies & Freedom Are The Right Of ALL Sentient Beings!

• Supporter
  • 1398 posts
  • Faction::Free Agent

Posted 19 August 2011 - 12:05 AM

More than likely, it was the work of trolls and not Hasbro. Same thing happened to another pony YouTube channel a while back (TWICE), which turned out to be trolls filing false claims. He was able to eventually get his videos back.

So far, these trolls seems to be hitting the channels that have a TON of views. Hopefully, MenloMarseilles will be able to dispute that false claim and get the videos back.

#30 TM2-Megatron

TM2-Megatron

Happy Nightmare Night!

• Supporter
  • 9334 posts

Posted 19 August 2011 - 06:18 AM

Even if the claim was false, the person with the account in question still doesn't legitimately own the rights to have uploaded the content. He or she wouldn't be in a position to dispute it, unless Hasbro themselves intervene (assuming it wasn't them) and informs Youtube it's allright; but of course they wouldn't do this, even if they are okay with it. This simply isn't important to them.

Removing the Youtube episodes could also be a prelude to a BD/DVD release. Won't stop some people complaining if that's the case, of course, since they seem to be under either one or more of the mistaken impressions that...

1) physical media is dead;
2) iTunes sells the show outside of the United States;
3) Through a frirendship-powered magic transmitter, The Hub is able to be viewed outside of the United States;
4) the iTunes episodes are worth however much they cost despite the inferior colour, mere 720p resolution, banding, annoying DRM, limitations to viewing on specific hardware, and the fact you have to deal with Apple, of all companies; and/or
5) Youtube somehow constitutes a legal way to stream shows online, as if it were Hulu or Netflix.

Edited by TM2-Megatron, 19 August 2011 - 07:17 AM.

#31 Rezo

Rezo
  • Citizen
  • 345 posts

Posted 19 August 2011 - 06:23 AM

Not that such details - it apparently being the work of trolls, not Hasbro - stop parts of the fandom from going mad with rage. Which, even if Hasbro had been the one doing it, would've made exactly no sense whatsoever. Corporation... Tells youtube to take down copyrighted material owned by said company. Not even all copyrighted material - just the actual episodes. Musical excerpts, remixes et al are allowed to continue.

And certain fans react by... Spamming the Hasbro/ MLP Facebook and sending hatemail? Really? How broken does one's mind have to be to feel entitled to having free-of-charge access to material Hasbro paid for to produce? And then flipping out all angry-like because Hasbro might be enforcing its copyright?

Makes me feel sick just to be vaguely associated with these people by way of belonging to the same fandom. And no wonder most other corporations don't bother with such niceties - for some incomprehensible reason, being nice and temporarily allowing free access to copyrighted material doesn't result in 'Thank you for allowing this for a while, I'll be sure to buy the DVDs!', but in 'ARGH WHY DID YOU CHANGE YOUR MIND YOU SCUMBAGS! I'LL BE SURE TO PIRATE YOU NOW!'. It's ridiculous.

Edited by Rezo, 19 August 2011 - 06:27 AM.

#32 TM2 Dinobot

TM2 Dinobot

Wha?

• Citizen
  • 4606 posts

Posted 19 August 2011 - 08:01 AM

Trolls?

I had a better signature... then it ran away. MLP card trade list. MLP blind bag trade list.

#33 Cybersnark

Cybersnark

New information acquired.

• Citizen
  • 8307 posts

Posted 19 August 2011 - 08:36 AM

QUOTE(TM2-Megatron @ Aug 19 2011, 07:18 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
5) Youtube somehow constitutes a legal way to stream shows online, as if it were Hulu or Netflix.

It isn't?

(Not that I expect the Hub to set up their own Youtube channel or anything. That would be silly.)

#34 TM2-Megatron

TM2-Megatron

Happy Nightmare Night!

• Supporter
  • 9334 posts

Posted 19 August 2011 - 08:48 AM

It can be, but it certainly isn't when it's some random person uploading episodes (or movies in some cases, now that there's no limit on duration for many Youtube accounts); which is the case we have here.

I believe The Hub does have a Youtube channel, here, but it's just reserved for advertisements, promos, etc. as you'd expect. Even if they were to upload full episodes, I suspect they'd be restricted to US viewers only. So pretty much useless.

Edited by TM2-Megatron, 19 August 2011 - 08:55 AM.

#35 Rezo

Rezo
  • Citizen
  • 345 posts

Posted 19 August 2011 - 09:00 AM

QUOTE(TM2 Dinobot @ Aug 19 2011, 08:01 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Trolls?
Some, sure. But there's plenty of people who are entirely serious about this kind of thing - you hear it constantly in the copyright/ piracy debates.

#36 TM2 Dinobot

TM2 Dinobot

Wha?

• Citizen
  • 4606 posts

Posted 19 August 2011 - 10:15 AM

QUOTE(Rezo @ Aug 19 2011, 09:00 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE(TM2 Dinobot @ Aug 19 2011, 08:01 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Trolls?
Some, sure. But there's plenty of people who are entirely serious about this kind of thing - you hear it constantly in the copyright/ piracy debates.

So, what? They don't like MLP so they yank the videos? Or they just don't believe in free media so they step in on Hasbro's behalf?

#37 Rezo

Rezo
  • Citizen
  • 345 posts

Posted 19 August 2011 - 12:42 PM

I think we're talking about two different kinds of people :o I probably missinterpreted your 'Trolls?' post.

Edited by Rezo, 19 August 2011 - 12:43 PM.

#38 Guardian Prime

Guardian Prime

Ponies & Freedom Are The Right Of ALL Sentient Beings!

• Supporter
  • 1398 posts
  • Faction::Free Agent

Posted 19 August 2011 - 01:36 PM

QUOTE(TM2-Megatron @ Aug 19 2011, 04:18 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Even if the claim was false, the person with the account in question still doesn't legitimately own the rights to have uploaded the content. He or she wouldn't be in a position to dispute it, unless Hasbro themselves intervene (assuming it wasn't them) and informs Youtube it's allright; but of course they wouldn't do this, even if they are okay with it. This simply isn't important to them.

True, the person wouldn't be in a position to dispute a false claim on video that he/she doesn't legitimately own, but then I wonder how others like Masterlinkx (he got his channel shutdown twice) and PensivePony were able to get their channels and videos back up and running if that were the case? The only way that I can think they could have gotten back up and running is if somehow the claims against these channels can be proven as NOT originating from Hasbro. In which case, it must have been one heck of a tedious process to go through and dispute such false claims.

Also, looks like AngryTigerP on YouTube has been hit by the trolls too.

QUOTE(Rezo @ Aug 19 2011, 04:23 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Not that such details - it apparently being the work of trolls, not Hasbro - stop parts of the fandom from going mad with rage. Which, even if Hasbro had been the one doing it, would've made exactly no sense whatsoever. Corporation... Tells youtube to take down copyrighted material owned by said company. Not even all copyrighted material - just the actual episodes. Musical excerpts, remixes et al are allowed to continue.

And certain fans react by... Spamming the Hasbro/ MLP Facebook and sending hatemail? Really? How broken does one's mind have to be to feel entitled to having free-of-charge access to material Hasbro paid for to produce? And then flipping out all angry-like because Hasbro might be enforcing its copyright?

Makes me feel sick just to be vaguely associated with these people by way of belonging to the same fandom. And no wonder most other corporations don't bother with such niceties - for some incomprehensible reason, being nice and temporarily allowing free access to copyrighted material doesn't result in 'Thank you for allowing this for a while, I'll be sure to buy the DVDs!', but in 'ARGH WHY DID YOU CHANGE YOUR MIND YOU SCUMBAGS! I'LL BE SURE TO PIRATE YOU NOW!'. It's ridiculous.

Yea, I hate when people fly off the handle like that. They start raging right off the bat before even looking any closer to see what's actually going on. It always saddens me whenever that happens. People acting like that makes the rest of us respectable and level headed individuals in the fandom look bad, considering that's all people outside a fandom ever seem to focus on are the bad parts of a fandom. icon-waspy.gif

Edited by Guardian Prime, 19 August 2011 - 01:39 PM.

#39 WorkbenchManiac

WorkbenchManiac
  • Citizen
  • 1120 posts
  • Faction::Maximal

Posted 19 August 2011 - 06:55 PM

I?ve just been invited to accompany a girfriend to Gamescom Cologne tomorrow. From what I can tell it?s an expo for video games, which I don?t care about. But it?s an opportunity to spend some time with friends so I agreed.

And now I?m checking the web, and as it turns out there will be a meet-up for german bronies at Gamescom. So in the likely case that I am bored by all the video games I can go and chat about ponies.

#40 MyLittleEmpath

MyLittleEmpath

Don't worry. Ponies will make it all better.

• Supporter
  • 1428 posts

Posted 19 August 2011 - 07:15 PM

QUOTE(WorkbenchManiac @ Aug 19 2011, 04:55 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I?ve just been invited to accompany a girfriend to Gamescom Cologne tomorrow. From what I can tell it?s an expo for video games, which I don?t care about. But it?s an opportunity to spend some time with friends so I agreed.

And now I?m checking the web, and as it turns out there will be a meet-up for german bronies at Gamescom. So in the likely case that I am bored by all the video games I can go and chat about ponies.

Muahahaha! Soon, ALL conventions will have brony meet-ups! And from those conventions, ponydom shall be spread to the farthest reaches of the world!! All of the unbelievers shall be indoctrinated into the ways of Equestria, and the world shall then be cleansed in the holy light of friendship, love and tolerance!!!

ALL HAIL PONIES!!! ALL HAIL PONIES!!!
FREE CUSTOM PONIES!!
Just PM me whatever specifications you want.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users