Entertainment Earth

Toggle shoutbox Squawkbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

Please don't post Youtube videos in the chat box. The forums software auto embeds them. 

@  SHIELD Agent 47 : (29 July 2016 - 01:23 AM)

Though frankly I prefer IDW Ratchet with a Marvel-style head rather than his current Prime-style head.

@  SHIELD Agent 47 : (29 July 2016 - 12:34 AM)

Like dual Fall of Cybertron-IDW G1 designs.

@  NotVeryKnightly : (28 July 2016 - 10:55 PM)

And it at least shows that they're allowed to repurpose designs from other universes.

@  NotVeryKnightly : (28 July 2016 - 10:54 PM)

Dark Cybertron was around when things showing up in toyline and comic together became a really major thing.

@  Waspinator : (28 July 2016 - 10:51 PM)

Given that that Starscream says "Armada Starscream" on his box, I assume the toy was meant to be Armada Starscream and was just re-purposed by IDW to be a body for their Starscream.

@  SHIELD Agent 47 : (28 July 2016 - 09:24 PM)

Hey, Bass X0. It's nice to see somene else paying attention to the distinctions.

@  NotVeryKnightly : (28 July 2016 - 06:44 PM)

Also, Albino Prime that isn't Magnus.

@  NotVeryKnightly : (28 July 2016 - 06:43 PM)

They made a toy that was IDW Starscream with an entirely Armada look.

@  Bass X0 : (28 July 2016 - 05:53 PM)

Other than a change of gimmicks and physical appearance (i.e. Deluxe Galvatron), Hasbro generally keeps a familiar color scheme for the Generations toys. It may not always be perfect or completely accurate, but I can't think of a Generations toy that looks completely different in color scheme to how they should do. A quick l;ook around my room and I can't see anyone who is completely the wrong color scheme. I'd say the FoC Combaticons and Wreckers are the wrong colors, but they're not supposed to be the G1 characters so they get a pass.

@  NotVeryKnightly : (28 July 2016 - 05:45 PM)

The comics aren't beholden to previous G1 material, and the toyline doesn't have a strict need to follow the comics either so...

@  Bass X0 : (28 July 2016 - 05:40 PM)

And yet the comics are not damned. This is G1 Sentinel Prime, not Animated or Movie Sentinel Prime and so he should look the part to how G1 Sentinel Prime has been portrayed so far. An Animated Sentinel Prime color scheme can come later. I don't recall how important the G1 legacy of Primes (Convoys) is in Japan or even if they have Nova Prime, Sentinel Prime, and previous Primes. So maybe Takara will paint him as Animated Sentinel just because its what Japanese fans are most familiar with.  Sentinel Prime didn't have to have been a pre-use of the Astrotrain mold, indeed why even choose G1 Sentinel Prime at all after how long neglecting him?

@  OrionPax44 : (28 July 2016 - 02:02 PM)

Same here unluckiness. I bought him mostly for the Fire Guts look of the Titan Master.

@  unluckiness : (28 July 2016 - 08:38 AM)

I kinda like Fire Guts Sentinel Prime TBH. Though, I think the gray would have looked better as black.

@  Boomhauer : (28 July 2016 - 08:36 AM)

I would've been fine with the Bayformers 3 Sentinel colors, he looked slick.

@  Whirl Maximus : (28 July 2016 - 08:33 AM)

Same as Animated Sentinel Prime then, I bet he's a Functionist fundamentalist too!

@  Rycochet : (28 July 2016 - 08:07 AM)

Sentinel Prime's colour scheme is awful, they should have painted him in his animated deco, comics be damned.

@  Dracula : (28 July 2016 - 07:38 AM)

He's also orange

@  Paladin : (28 July 2016 - 07:23 AM)

kinda not enjoying my TR Sentinel Prime now that someone summed up his personality as "Make Cybertron Great Again."

@  OrionPax44 : (27 July 2016 - 04:51 PM)

Sounds pretty kinky.

@  Whirl Maximus : (27 July 2016 - 04:17 PM)

the wind blew the sun into the river. honest!

@  Vexwing : (27 July 2016 - 12:34 PM)

Sadly no orchestra for me, but we did have the TFA clip as well.

@  ChessPieceFace : (27 July 2016 - 12:17 PM)

I saw Weird Al at the Hollywood Bowl on Saturday, playing with a full orchestra. It was pretty special. And yes, Dare To Be Stupid! With an introductory video clip from TFA, no less.

@  Vexwing : (27 July 2016 - 11:33 AM)

Got to see Weird Al perform Dare to be Stupid in his set last night! That was a nice surprise.

@  LBD "Nyt... : (27 July 2016 - 01:40 AM)

TMW you see a bunch of people have liked something you posted while you were away, and you're like "what did I even say?!"

@  Bass X0 : (26 July 2016 - 05:26 PM)

Regarding MTMTE#55 being released early in some places, its okay to discuss the contents of the issue as long as spoilers are kept within the thread. I refuse to read discussion threads of comics I have yet to read to avoid being spoiled. I also find it pointless to go into a discussion thread and expect to not be spoiled if you have yet to read the issue (unless you don't care).

@  The Doctor Who : (26 July 2016 - 07:11 AM)

@Patchy 'cause people like how the kaiser rolls!

@  MEDdMI : (26 July 2016 - 05:47 AM)

I'm officially addicted to the Comics theme. Every other themes are dull and boring now, I can't stand to look at them for more than a few posts.

@  Broadside : (26 July 2016 - 03:59 AM)

"Beast Wars anniversary"? Highly dubious.

@  Patchouli Kn... : (26 July 2016 - 12:16 AM)

How come everybody wanna keep it like the kaiser?

@  zephyrX9 : (26 July 2016 - 12:16 AM)

the kaiser stole our beast wars toys

@  ▲ndrusi : (25 July 2016 - 08:35 PM)

beast wars dicketeth anniversary

@  Locoman : (25 July 2016 - 07:16 PM)

My story begins in nineteen-dickety-two. We had to say "dickety" because the Kaiser had stolen our word "twenty". I chased that rascal to get it back, but gave up after dickety-six miles.

@  Telly : (25 July 2016 - 05:21 PM)

its the rye of the kaiser its the thrill of the the fight

@  ▲ndrusi : (25 July 2016 - 05:18 PM)

Fierce Grape?

@  OrionPax44 : (25 July 2016 - 05:09 PM)

The Rye or the Kaiser.

@  tffan01 : (25 July 2016 - 04:55 PM)

watch?v=gyKOM3469_Y I've found this weird kids video.

@  OrionPax44 : (25 July 2016 - 04:20 PM)

Doozer Sticks

@  The Doctor Who : (25 July 2016 - 04:19 PM)

Fraggle Rock!

@  OrionPax44 : (25 July 2016 - 04:18 PM)

Happy Pop (nauseating just saying it)

@  TheMightyMol... : (25 July 2016 - 03:51 PM)

Hard Rock Hallelujah!

@  OrionPax44 : (25 July 2016 - 03:48 PM)

Soggy Rock

@  Dracula : (25 July 2016 - 02:36 PM)

Tank Concrete!

@  MEDdMI : (25 July 2016 - 02:16 PM)

the Third.

@  TheMightyMol... : (25 July 2016 - 02:16 PM)

Flint Chesthair!

@  OrionPax44 : (25 July 2016 - 02:12 PM)

Sheeps Butt Ramsbottom

@  MEDdMI : (25 July 2016 - 02:08 PM)

Fancypants

@  TheMightyMol... : (25 July 2016 - 02:01 PM)

Biggles.

@  Summer : (25 July 2016 - 01:55 PM)

Jones.

@  PlutoniumBoss : (25 July 2016 - 12:08 PM)

Osmosis.

@  TheMightyMol... : (25 July 2016 - 11:09 AM)

Mayhem is, somewhat ironically, one of the least random parts of the board. I really don't know how that happened.

Photo

3rd Party forum

26 replies to this topic

#1 Zodberg

Zodberg

The doctor is in.

• Citizen
  • 14793 posts
  • Faction::Free Agent

Posted 03 August 2011 - 07:31 AM

I tire of seeing the threads about various fan-projects to build replacement dinguses for dinobots. How about having them all funnelled into one place?
Woooo!

#2 Touch My Thighs

Touch My Thighs

Awawawawawa

• Citizen
  • 37339 posts

Posted 03 August 2011 - 08:49 AM

Seconded.

Make Anime Great Again!

#3 Jeremy

Jeremy

Gargo 220 or something

• Retired Staff
  • 23660 posts

Posted 03 August 2011 - 10:32 AM

Other than a few sporadic Takara exclusives, is there a lot more product to talk about right now that wouldn't fall under the DOTM subforum? I know if TF Discussion became all about Transformers-related word games and discussions about the use of fan terms, I'd just skip it.
"Wise men profit more from fools than fools from wise men; for the wise men shun the mistakes of fools, but fools do not imitate the successes of the wise." - Cato the Elder

"Majority rule only works if you're also considering individual rights. Because you can't have five wolves and one sheep voting on what to have for supper." - Larry Flynt

#4 C16

C16
  • MORON
  • 7080 posts

Posted 03 August 2011 - 11:09 AM

Can't say splintering up Transformers discussions into multiple forums is convenient. Seems more like a cry for the people that simply don't want to see any of it anymore.
<p><span style="font-family:'lucida sans unicode', 'lucida grande', sans-serif;"><span style="font-size:14px;"><strong><a data-ipb='nomediaparse' href='http://www.flickr.co.../'>TransformersLegends art set</a></strong></span></span>

#5 Wheelimus

Wheelimus

be handing somebody matches and carrying a can of kerosene

• Retired Staff
  • 29675 posts
  • Faction::RIBFIR

Posted 03 August 2011 - 11:36 AM

In my humble opinion, if we started making sub-forums for every bit of our Transformers universe that some people enjoy but bug the hell out of other people there'd be nothing in Transformers Discussion, it would just house a menu. I don't believe that's the direction we'll ever be taking.

I have my threads per page maxed out, and even then 3rd party threads only make up like 8 of 40. Not exactly overrunning the forum. This is just my personal opinion but if this were something I was voting on, I'd vote no. Things are fine as is. icon-ironhide.gif

"In the not very distant future when everything will be free. There won't be any cute secrets let alone any novelty. You can say anything you want to in your fetching cloak of anonymity. Are you feeling out of breath now in your desperate pursuit of infamy?" Elvis Costello 'No Hiding Place'

#6 Kalidor

Kalidor

Freedom is the Right of All Synthetic Beings

• Owner
  • 58408 posts
  • Faction::Cannonball's Pirate Crew

Posted 03 August 2011 - 01:53 PM

I'm not against the idea of creating a more tailored set of subforums. But I'm not sure that the reason presented is a very good one.

There will be a lot of changes with the new site and some of them will be experimental, so all ideas are welcome.

card-mindwipe.jpg

#7 Zodberg

Zodberg

The doctor is in.

• Citizen
  • 14793 posts

Posted 04 August 2011 - 03:09 AM

I agree with the op that these threads are getting out of hand. Each time a new company has a new screenshot of something that might not even be produced there's a new thread and the same sequence of people saying "want" or "do not want".
Woooo!

#8 Wheelimus

Wheelimus

be handing somebody matches and carrying a can of kerosene

• Retired Staff
  • 29675 posts

Posted 04 August 2011 - 07:44 AM

QUOTE(Zodberg @ Aug 4 2011, 04:09 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I agree with the op that these threads are getting out of hand. Each time a new company has a new screenshot of something that might not even be produced there's a new thread and the same sequence of people saying "want" or "do not want".

But that's the case for pretty much any thread on anything. News comes, it's posted, and people say they love it or hate it. It just seems some people are extra annoyed by third party news because they have a particular distaste for the other sides opinion. "Totally reprehensible illegal IP theft" people are never going to agree with "hug you give me my toy" people and since apparently just accepting the opinion of someone who disagrees with you as valid and moving on isn't an option the debate must be had.

That being said, if someone wanted to take on the responsibility of starting a "FAN PROJECTS THIRD PARTY THREAD", "TF CLUB THIRD PARTY THREAD", "iGEAR THIRD PARTY THREAD" and so on thread(s) and then updating the sub-title when new things come around that would probably be great and cut down on the sheer volume. Just like the only reason General Discussion isn't chock full of pro wrestling threads is that we got around to making a catch all thread.

"In the not very distant future when everything will be free. There won't be any cute secrets let alone any novelty. You can say anything you want to in your fetching cloak of anonymity. Are you feeling out of breath now in your desperate pursuit of infamy?" Elvis Costello 'No Hiding Place'

#9 NightViper

NightViper

Ehhhhh...

• Retired Staff
  • 36986 posts

Posted 04 August 2011 - 11:23 AM

QUOTE(Wheelimus @ Aug 4 2011, 08:44 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
That being said, if someone wanted to take on the responsibility of starting a "FAN PROJECTS THIRD PARTY THREAD", "TF CLUB THIRD PARTY THREAD", "iGEAR THIRD PARTY THREAD" and so on thread(s) and then updating the sub-title when new things come around that would probably be great and cut down on the sheer volume. Just like the only reason General Discussion isn't chock full of pro wrestling threads is that we got around to making a catch all thread.

I wholeheartedly agree with the above.

And maybe that will cut down on people mislabeling the companies and/or products. It's a bit aggravating when someone calls everything "iGear" icon-fire.gif

#10 Kalidor

Kalidor

• Owner
  • 58408 posts

Posted 04 August 2011 - 04:51 PM

I moved all the 3rd party topics I noticed from the first 3 pages. We'll see how this works out.

card-mindwipe.jpg

#11 Zek

Zek

Resident Goober

• Supporter
  • 7766 posts

Posted 04 August 2011 - 04:52 PM

^ You missed the Exgraver thread icon-waspy.gif

#12 CT-5555

CT-5555

Please, call me Fives

• Supporter
  • 1955 posts

Posted 04 August 2011 - 04:58 PM

Ha Ha love the name. Big Bot eat your heart out
QUOTE(Xaaron @ Nov 21 2011, 04:17 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
TF Fans draw so many lines, it looks like a frackin' zebra.

#13 Kalidor

Kalidor

• Owner
  • 58408 posts

Posted 04 August 2011 - 04:59 PM

Hehe...

card-mindwipe.jpg

#14 DINOBOT SLUDGE

DINOBOT SLUDGE

Jungle Warrior

• Citizen
  • 6910 posts
  • Faction::Autobot

Posted 04 August 2011 - 10:11 PM

I don't care for it, much like the other sub-forums. TF discussion is TF discussion and I think all these forums stifle regular discussion flow and try to keep things too narrow.

The jivey movie may have dominated the board a few weeks ago, but I'd still rather see those threads in one forum. People can figure it out and read what they want to read. I'm not here to find indexed information, I'm here because it is usually interesting. I've never understood things like subforums and the ignore feature - is browsing a message board really that hard?
What is singature?

#15 Darkstream

Darkstream

The original darkstream since 2003!

• Supporter
  • 20494 posts
  • Faction::Minicon

Posted 04 August 2011 - 10:30 PM

wouldnt this go towards promoting these things and therefore pissing off Hasbro?

#16 Zodberg

Zodberg

The doctor is in.

• Citizen
  • 14793 posts

Posted 05 August 2011 - 01:51 AM

I should be the mod of the new forum.
Woooo!

#17 HeyMickey

HeyMickey

I'll take you like a man!

• Supporter
  • 5407 posts

Posted 05 August 2011 - 08:41 AM

I like it! More organization is never a bad thing. icon-ironhide.gif
QUOTE(SpinOut! @ Feb 15 2011, 05:59 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Toni Basil's face
Photoshopped everywhere
I am terrified

#18 Phil

Phil
  • Citizen
  • 186 posts
  • Faction::Decepticon

Posted 05 August 2011 - 10:07 AM

QUOTE(Darkstream @ Aug 4 2011, 11:30 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
wouldnt this go towards promoting these things and therefore pissing off Hasbro?

Suck it, Hasbro.

#19 Random Items

Random Items

Just this once, everybody lives!

• Staff
  • 10437 posts

Posted 05 August 2011 - 01:44 PM

QUOTE(Darkstream @ Aug 4 2011, 09:30 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

IF HAZBLOW MADE THE TOYS WE WANT WE WOULDN'T NEED A THIRD PARTY FORUM BUT THEY HATE MONEY AND THE FANS AND ESPECIALLY THEY HATE THE FANS'S MONEY.

lol buttz.
 photo 1446489_1420344741314_full_zps63gobam0.jpg

#20 Zodberg

Zodberg

The doctor is in.

• Citizen
  • 14793 posts

Posted 05 August 2011 - 03:21 PM

QUOTE(Darkstream @ Aug 4 2011, 11:30 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Hasbro's made of adults. If they want us to stop, they can write us a letter and tell us why and if they have some good reasons we'll comply. But honestly I think if fan-productions were suddenly their enemy, they would contact the companies before they contacted the message boards and I'm not sure of them having any record of doing that.
Woooo!

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users