26 replies to this topic

#1 Zodberg

Zodberg

The doctor is in.

• Citizen
  • 14042 posts
  • Faction::Free Agent

Posted 03 August 2011 - 07:31 AM

I tire of seeing the threads about various fan-projects to build replacement dinguses for dinobots. How about having them all funnelled into one place?
Woooo!

#2 Hecate

Hecate

Beyond the Bounds

• Citizen
  • 28237 posts

Posted 03 August 2011 - 08:49 AM

Seconded.

superliminalsubliminalliminal

#3 Jeremy

Jeremy

Hardcore Criminal

• Retired Staff
  • 23565 posts

Posted 03 August 2011 - 10:32 AM

Other than a few sporadic Takara exclusives, is there a lot more product to talk about right now that wouldn't fall under the DOTM subforum? I know if TF Discussion became all about Transformers-related word games and discussions about the use of fan terms, I'd just skip it.
"Wise men profit more from fools than fools from wise men; for the wise men shun the mistakes of fools, but fools do not imitate the successes of the wise." - Cato the Elder

"Majority rule only works if you're also considering individual rights. Because you can't have five wolves and one sheep voting on what to have for supper." - Larry Flynt

#4 C16

C16

THIS SPACE FOR RENT

• Citizen
  • 6930 posts

Posted 03 August 2011 - 11:09 AM

Can't say splintering up Transformers discussions into multiple forums is convenient. Seems more like a cry for the people that simply don't want to see any of it anymore.

#5 Wheelimus

Wheelimus

12-24: Chicago Cubs - Dead And Loving It

• Community Manager
  • 26545 posts
  • Faction::RIBFIR

Posted 03 August 2011 - 11:36 AM

In my humble opinion, if we started making sub-forums for every bit of our Transformers universe that some people enjoy but bug the hell out of other people there'd be nothing in Transformers Discussion, it would just house a menu. I don't believe that's the direction we'll ever be taking.

I have my threads per page maxed out, and even then 3rd party threads only make up like 8 of 40. Not exactly overrunning the forum. This is just my personal opinion but if this were something I was voting on, I'd vote no. Things are fine as is. icon-ironhide.gif

#6 Kalidor

Kalidor

Get some!

• Owner
  • 55511 posts
  • Faction::Cannonball's Pirate Crew

Posted 03 August 2011 - 01:53 PM

I'm not against the idea of creating a more tailored set of subforums. But I'm not sure that the reason presented is a very good one.

There will be a lot of changes with the new site and some of them will be experimental, so all ideas are welcome.

#7 Zodberg

Zodberg

The doctor is in.

• Citizen
  • 14042 posts

Posted 04 August 2011 - 03:09 AM

I agree with the op that these threads are getting out of hand. Each time a new company has a new screenshot of something that might not even be produced there's a new thread and the same sequence of people saying "want" or "do not want".
Woooo!

#8 Wheelimus

Wheelimus

12-24: Chicago Cubs - Dead And Loving It

• Community Manager
  • 26545 posts

Posted 04 August 2011 - 07:44 AM

QUOTE(Zodberg @ Aug 4 2011, 04:09 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I agree with the op that these threads are getting out of hand. Each time a new company has a new screenshot of something that might not even be produced there's a new thread and the same sequence of people saying "want" or "do not want".

But that's the case for pretty much any thread on anything. News comes, it's posted, and people say they love it or hate it. It just seems some people are extra annoyed by third party news because they have a particular distaste for the other sides opinion. "Totally reprehensible illegal IP theft" people are never going to agree with "hug you give me my toy" people and since apparently just accepting the opinion of someone who disagrees with you as valid and moving on isn't an option the debate must be had.

That being said, if someone wanted to take on the responsibility of starting a "FAN PROJECTS THIRD PARTY THREAD", "TF CLUB THIRD PARTY THREAD", "iGEAR THIRD PARTY THREAD" and so on thread(s) and then updating the sub-title when new things come around that would probably be great and cut down on the sheer volume. Just like the only reason General Discussion isn't chock full of pro wrestling threads is that we got around to making a catch all thread.

#9 NightViper

NightViper

Ehhhhh...

• Public Relations
  • 34286 posts

Posted 04 August 2011 - 11:23 AM

QUOTE(Wheelimus @ Aug 4 2011, 08:44 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
That being said, if someone wanted to take on the responsibility of starting a "FAN PROJECTS THIRD PARTY THREAD", "TF CLUB THIRD PARTY THREAD", "iGEAR THIRD PARTY THREAD" and so on thread(s) and then updating the sub-title when new things come around that would probably be great and cut down on the sheer volume. Just like the only reason General Discussion isn't chock full of pro wrestling threads is that we got around to making a catch all thread.

I wholeheartedly agree with the above.

And maybe that will cut down on people mislabeling the companies and/or products. It's a bit aggravating when someone calls everything "iGear" icon-fire.gif

#10 Kalidor

Kalidor

Get some!

• Owner
  • 55511 posts

Posted 04 August 2011 - 04:51 PM

I moved all the 3rd party topics I noticed from the first 3 pages. We'll see how this works out.

#11 Zek Miser

Zek Miser

Resident Goober

• Supporter
  • 7594 posts

Posted 04 August 2011 - 04:52 PM

^ You missed the Exgraver thread icon-waspy.gif

#12 CT-5555

CT-5555

Please, call me Fives

• Supporter
  • 1954 posts

Posted 04 August 2011 - 04:58 PM

Ha Ha love the name. Big Bot eat your heart out
QUOTE(Xaaron @ Nov 21 2011, 04:17 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
TF Fans draw so many lines, it looks like a frackin' zebra.

#13 Kalidor

Kalidor

Get some!

• Owner
  • 55511 posts

Posted 04 August 2011 - 04:59 PM

Hehe...

#14 DINOBOT SLUDGE

DINOBOT SLUDGE

Jungle Warrior

• Citizen
  • 6807 posts
  • Faction::Autobot

Posted 04 August 2011 - 10:11 PM

I don't care for it, much like the other sub-forums. TF discussion is TF discussion and I think all these forums stifle regular discussion flow and try to keep things too narrow.

The jivey movie may have dominated the board a few weeks ago, but I'd still rather see those threads in one forum. People can figure it out and read what they want to read. I'm not here to find indexed information, I'm here because it is usually interesting. I've never understood things like subforums and the ignore feature - is browsing a message board really that hard?
What is singature?

#15 Darkstream

Darkstream

The original darkstream since 2003!

• Supporter
  • 20494 posts
  • Faction::Minicon

Posted 04 August 2011 - 10:30 PM

wouldnt this go towards promoting these things and therefore pissing off Hasbro?

#16 Zodberg

Zodberg

The doctor is in.

• Citizen
  • 14042 posts

Posted 05 August 2011 - 01:51 AM

I should be the mod of the new forum.
Woooo!

#17 HeyMickey

HeyMickey

I'll take you like a man!

• Supporter
  • 5307 posts

Posted 05 August 2011 - 08:41 AM

I like it! More organization is never a bad thing. icon-ironhide.gif
O̾b̾͊Eͮ͛͋yͨ̑̓͊̚ ̾̄ͯ̓ͨ̃͌̂̚d͂ͥͧͥͯ̂ͨ̓̚O̽ͥ̈́ͦͣ̂̏̚g̎̎ͯ̑ͤͫLͯ̓͆̿̑ͩa̍̄Wͥͬ̊̅
QUOTE(SpinOut! @ Feb 15 2011, 05:59 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Toni Basil's face
Photoshopped everywhere
I am terrified

#18 Phil

Phil
  • Citizen
  • 186 posts
  • Faction::Decepticon

Posted 05 August 2011 - 10:07 AM

QUOTE(Darkstream @ Aug 4 2011, 11:30 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
wouldnt this go towards promoting these things and therefore pissing off Hasbro?

Suck it, Hasbro.

#19 Random Items

Random Items

Just this once, everybody lives!

• News and Content
  • 9865 posts

Posted 05 August 2011 - 01:44 PM

QUOTE(Darkstream @ Aug 4 2011, 09:30 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

IF HAZBLOW MADE THE TOYS WE WANT WE WOULDN'T NEED A THIRD PARTY FORUM BUT THEY HATE MONEY AND THE FANS AND ESPECIALLY THEY HATE THE FANS'S MONEY.

lol buttz.

#20 Zodberg

Zodberg

The doctor is in.

• Citizen
  • 14042 posts

Posted 05 August 2011 - 03:21 PM

QUOTE(Darkstream @ Aug 4 2011, 11:30 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Hasbro's made of adults. If they want us to stop, they can write us a letter and tell us why and if they have some good reasons we'll comply. But honestly I think if fan-productions were suddenly their enemy, they would contact the companies before they contacted the message boards and I'm not sure of them having any record of doing that.
Woooo!

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users