Larger Images of Maketoy's G2 Prime Upgrade

95 replies to this topic

#1 Enbee

Enbee
  • Supporter
  • 2234 posts
  • Faction::Maximal

Posted 25 July 2011 - 04:34 AM

Not sure if this is old news, but I didn't see anything on it: Down the page, the site has been updated with bigger pictures of the Optimus set.

Looks nice so far, really curious how it'll be with color matching. Only concerned about the arm extensions, a few images aren't very flattering for them.

Edited by Enbee, 25 July 2011 - 04:38 AM.

#2 Gizmoboy

Gizmoboy

I live to serve

• Forum Moderator
  • 5411 posts
  • Faction::Decepticon

Posted 25 July 2011 - 07:07 AM

As of now I'm still planning on skipping this one. I'm just not thrilled with that version of Prime so not sure if I want to spend the money to upgrade him. Looks nice though.

18f2ee44-4730-475b-8e0b-589561ba1995_zps

#3 NightViper

NightViper

Ehhhhh...

• Public Relations
  • 33730 posts
  • Faction::RIBFIR

Posted 25 July 2011 - 07:12 AM

QUOTE(Gizmoboy @ Jul 25 2011, 08:07 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
As of now I'm still planning on skipping this one. I'm just not thrilled with that version of Prime so not sure if I want to spend the money to upgrade him. Looks nice though.

I'd prefer a longer trailer with a better base mode, and none of the somewhat lame power-suit pieces. I have no interest in the extended arms and legs, or, well, any of it really.

There's a reason why I never transform Cyberverse Action Trailer Megatron into his third mode.

#4 gargunkle

gargunkle

super-duper spikey-pokey

• Citizen
  • 4675 posts
  • Faction::Maximal

Posted 25 July 2011 - 07:21 AM

I see this as somewhat similar to Fansproject's upgrade for Classics Rodimus (though I don't own that one and don't plan to own this either). I do think it looks neat.
QUOTE(kyde)
Not my finest work, but when life gives you lemons, they're yellow so just paint black stripes on them and call them Bumblebee. Kids will buy them.

#5 Smitty

Smitty

Things and stuff

• MORON
  • 20145 posts
  • Faction::Autobot

Posted 25 July 2011 - 07:47 AM

I think I see C-clip rods on him.

I'm not a fan of voting on peoples posts. it just seems very passive aggressive to click 'down vote' and not add anything to the thread. and up votes are exactly the same. to my mind the whole point of a forum is discussion and being able to just easily agree or disagree takes the discussion out of the equation.

#6 Powered Convoy

Powered Convoy

President of the Deflowering Club

• News and Content
  • 47712 posts
  • Faction::RIRFIB

Posted 25 July 2011 - 09:03 AM

I really like the added parts to the robot.

Randy

#7 CORVUS

CORVUS

Its showtime, folks!

• Supporter
  • 28569 posts

Posted 25 July 2011 - 10:46 AM

Love it!

Transformers is a brand that really has something for everyone. We are a darn lucky fandom.

#8 Zek

Zek

Resident Goober

• Supporter
  • 7414 posts
  • Faction::Cannonball's Pirate Crew

Posted 25 July 2011 - 11:07 AM

What with Generations starting in November again, I'll hold out for the Nemesis version of that mold, seeing as how it never showed up here in the first place.

#9 Llwynoh

Llwynoh
  • Citizen
  • 514 posts
  • Faction::Lesbian Ninja

Posted 25 July 2011 - 11:24 AM

Does the Drift sword come with the Prime upgrade set, or is it a seperate product?

#10 Nanite

Nanite

Imminently Ignorable

• Supporter
  • 4729 posts

Posted 25 July 2011 - 11:46 AM

To me it looks like to much stuff, piled on a mold that isn't really cut out for it.
On them twitters

#11 Spark

Spark
  • Citizen
  • 27886 posts

Posted 25 July 2011 - 11:47 AM

Looks like the Drift sword is actually hidden inside the large sword.
Fall of Cybertron will blow your mind. That is all.

#12 TheMightyMollusk

TheMightyMollusk

We stay our course, whatever may come

• Citizen
  • 16644 posts
  • Faction::Unicron's Spawn

Posted 25 July 2011 - 12:08 PM

The giant add-on missile pods make it look like he's trying to cosplay as Cybertron Defense Scattorshot.

#13 Megaplex Prime

Megaplex Prime

Manly things, like a tiger ripping apart a gazelle, or a lawyer.

• Citizen
  • 3070 posts
  • Faction::Free Agent

Posted 25 July 2011 - 12:23 PM

The upgrades look friggin awesome. But it's onto an OK mold, for which an upgrade is not really necessary nor desirable.
There's only room in here for one,
And I've decided it's not you.
I had to do what must be done.
YOU WOULD HAVE DONE IT TOO!
Suddenly I'm feeling strange...

#14 Jeremy

Jeremy

Hardcore Criminal

• Retired Staff
  • 23550 posts

Posted 25 July 2011 - 12:59 PM

I'm glad this will allow me to have a worthy-looking Autobot leader for my G2 Classics shelf, but it's unfortunate we have to go to these lengths to correct him not being a Voyager to begin with. I'm not really nuts about the robot mode "power suit" stuff, but I'm used to having "kinda sorta neat" optional extra stuff in addition to the main armor pieces from buying City Commander and Protector. Ignoring those extra pieces most of the time isn't some greatly offensive thing to me. icon-hotrod.gif
"Wise men profit more from fools than fools from wise men; for the wise men shun the mistakes of fools, but fools do not imitate the successes of the wise." - Cato the Elder

"Majority rule only works if you're also considering individual rights. Because you can't have five wolves and one sheep voting on what to have for supper." - Larry Flynt

#15 Destron D-69

Destron D-69

:) hello Friends

• Citizen
  • 22159 posts
  • Faction::Lesbian Ninja

Posted 25 July 2011 - 03:09 PM

yep I'm buying one of these, and then a second one if we ever get a Scourge repaint
and I didn't even use Comic sans this time

#16 Powered Convoy

Powered Convoy

• News and Content
  • 47712 posts

Posted 25 July 2011 - 03:24 PM

I wonder if they'll make one to match the United figure. That is provided he has any parts to match the gray (like the waist).

Randy

#17 Jeremy

Jeremy

Hardcore Criminal

• Retired Staff
  • 23550 posts

Posted 25 July 2011 - 03:52 PM

I hope it matches both the RTS and United Optimus, as a lot of the people who will spring for an upgrade kit like this are also the kind of people who already coughed up the extra dough for the United version of the figure.
"Wise men profit more from fools than fools from wise men; for the wise men shun the mistakes of fools, but fools do not imitate the successes of the wise." - Cato the Elder

"Majority rule only works if you're also considering individual rights. Because you can't have five wolves and one sheep voting on what to have for supper." - Larry Flynt

#18 Nutjob R/T

Nutjob R/T

I love this thread.

• Citizen
  • 20797 posts

Posted 25 July 2011 - 04:46 PM

Now if only they had some add-ons to change him from an International to, oh... A Century class, maybe. And a highway truck instead of a wannabe daycab.

Still, looks like a stubby city trailer too. Ah, well. And, just to point out: It's actually pretty common for trailers to not match the truck. Only big fleets or small style-focused owner-ops have a consistent art style that spreads from cab to trailer.

Still gonna get it, but might burn money on that custom Luna first. Hm...
QUOTE(ChessPieceFace @ Mar 28 2013, 03:22 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
You won't be the killjoy, we will. We will kill the absolute jive out of that joy.

#19 Powered Convoy

Powered Convoy

• News and Content
  • 47712 posts

Posted 25 July 2011 - 04:57 PM

QUOTE(Jeremy @ Jul 25 2011, 04:52 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I hope it matches both the RTS and United Optimus, as a lot of the people who will spring for an upgrade kit like this are also the kind of people who already coughed up the extra dough for the United version of the figure.

Yeah I imagine. I hated that figure until I got the United one. Amazing what nicer colors, color layout, and an improvement to the mold can make.

Randy

#20 Catguy

Catguy
  • Protoform
  • 18 posts

Posted 25 July 2011 - 05:58 PM

It's a little on the small side, but I think I do quite like it. Maybe if someone sells it under $50 I'll bite.
https://sites.google.com/site/decepticool/

^Lame website I've started. It will be cooler tomorrow, Thursday, or sometime next week.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users