Photo
- - - - -

Return shipping via USPS....what does this status mean?

2 replies to this topic

#1 Jesse (M_P)

Jesse (M_P)

Built of iron and steel

• Citizen
  • 15283 posts

Posted 17 July 2011 - 05:40 AM

I am shipping an item back to Amazon, who provided a free return label. I dropped the package off at the post office on friday, and this is the current status:

Service(s): Parcel Return Service

Your item is available for pickup by the shipping agent in XXXXXXXXXX. Information, if available, is updated periodically throughout the day. Please check again later.

Who is the "shipping agent"? Is it me? I'm confused by the "Available for pickup" status.
Former TF Collector, now a Harley owner

#2 MightyMegs

MightyMegs

Someone took their time...

• Citizen
  • 3356 posts
  • Faction::Decepticon

Posted 17 July 2011 - 09:38 AM

QUOTE(Jesse (M_P) @ Jul 17 2011, 06:40 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I am shipping an item back to Amazon, who provided a free return label. I dropped the package off at the post office on friday, and this is the current status:

Service(s): Parcel Return Service

Your item is available for pickup by the shipping agent in XXXXXXXXXX. Information, if available, is updated periodically throughout the day. Please check again later.

Who is the "shipping agent"? Is it me? I'm confused by the "Available for pickup" status.

If it's sent on the cheap... like most return packages are... you prob won't get an update until it's actually been delivered.
http://www.amazon.com/G-I-JOE-REBORN-Kindle-Novella-ebook/dp/B00KDLVSL6/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1400716793&sr=8-1&keywords=cobra+reborn

#3 corgsopal

corgsopal

It was catastro-, catastro-feeling good

• Supporter
  • 5043 posts
  • Faction::Lesbian Ninja

Posted 17 July 2011 - 11:16 AM

Sounds to me like the system has only registered that the label has been generated. Shipping agent usually refers to whatever service is being used for the delivery. So the label is printed and is eligible for pickup by your postal worker. It hasn't been scanned further than that.
Reclaim the suffix.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users