112 replies to this topic

#1 Powered Convoy

Powered Convoy

President of the Deflowering Club

• Retired Staff
  • 47303 posts
  • Faction::RIRFIB

Posted 15 July 2011 - 09:22 AM

This week on ?Transformers Prime,? The Autobots, Jack and Miko find themselves trapped inside a cave. What do you think will happen? Tune in Saturday at 7 PM ET/4 PM PT to find out!

**TUNE-IN alert**
All original episodes of TRANSFORMERS PRIME now air on Saturdays at 7:00PM EST.

The end of Starscream!!

WHAT: ?Rock Bottom? - On a routine patrol the Autobots, with Jack and Miko, find themselves trapped inside a cave ? with Starscream and Megatron!

WHERE: The Hub cable TV network. To find the channel in your area, please visit www.hubworld.com and check the Channel Locator at the top of the page.

WHEN: July 16, 2011 - 7:00PM EST.

Edited by Powered Convoy, 15 July 2011 - 10:31 PM.

#2 Mouse_Pad

Mouse_Pad

It's a nice day for a...

• Citizen
  • 6777 posts

Posted 15 July 2011 - 09:53 AM

QUOTE(Powered Convoy @ Jul 15 2011, 09:22 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
This week on ?Transformers Prime,? The Autobots, Jack and Miko find themselves trapped inside a cave. What do you think will happen? Tune in Saturday at 7 PM ET/4 PM PT to find out!

Cannibalism. Definitely cannibalism.
I have signatures disabled because they suck.

#3 Black~Mesa

Black~Mesa
  • Citizen
  • 380 posts
  • Faction::Decepticon

Posted 16 July 2011 - 08:14 PM

That ended way faster than I expected, but it was still very entertaining. Next week is going to be interesting since now it seems that Starscream has.a legitimate reason to leave but may play the Autobots just to get back on Megatrons good side. It will be hilarious either way. Good episode.

#4 Hecate

Hecate

Literally the worst poster ever

• Citizen
  • 26552 posts

Posted 16 July 2011 - 08:18 PM

Fan of Transformer's usual youtube channel has been closed, so youtube links might be late today.

99% of people fail to understand statistics. If you're one of the 23% who do, copy and paste this into your sig!

#5 MrBlud

MrBlud

Pipes must've sprayed me...I'm sorry

• Forum Moderator
  • 45728 posts
  • Faction::RIBFIR

Posted 16 July 2011 - 08:53 PM

That was a phenomenal episode.

Easily one of Prime's best.

It has pretty much everything. Both Starscream and Megatron were awesome. It's also heartening to have continuous rebukes of Bay's Warlordimus Prime. icon-ironhide.gif

Edited by MrBlud, 16 July 2011 - 09:07 PM.

#6 Starfield

Starfield
  • Citizen
  • 1291 posts
  • Faction::Autobot

Posted 16 July 2011 - 09:23 PM

YouTube got spam-bombed or something.

#7 Hecate

Hecate

• Citizen
  • 26552 posts

Posted 16 July 2011 - 09:23 PM

There's a torrent out, I watched that.

So,

HIGHLIGHT to view:
Megatron knew about EVERYTHING. He was letting Starscream do it all, because he he gets some sort of sadistic thrill from watching Starscream's attempts to undermine him fail.

That's amazing.

99% of people fail to understand statistics. If you're one of the 23% who do, copy and paste this into your sig!

#8 Boomhauer

Boomhauer

Creator of all things Transformers

• Citizen
  • 2608 posts
  • Faction::Cannonball's Pirate Crew

Posted 16 July 2011 - 09:30 PM

Yep, this episode was awesome alright.

I mean, the description for it made it sound really weak, made me afraid it was going to be another ShadowBORE, but it was just oooh so NOTHING like Shadowzone.

Also TFP Megatron and Starscream are my favorite versions of the characters EVER, really wanting their toys now.

#9 Kalidor

Kalidor

Get some!

• Owner
  • 54287 posts
  • Faction::Cannonball's Pirate Crew

Posted 16 July 2011 - 09:33 PM

Later, at Autobot base...

OPTIMUS: So let me understand this, Jack. You had a chance to not only finish off Megatron once and for all... but the manner in which you could have accomplished this task was such that it involved using a drill to rip off his face.

Jack: Yeah.. well sort of..

OPTIMUS: I am very disappointed in you, Jack.

Order your Guardians of the Galaxy tickets from now until August 4th from Fandango and you not only help The Allspark, but you also get entered in a chance to win original movie props from Captain America: The Winter Soldier and Avengers movies.

#10 Hecate

Hecate

• Citizen
  • 26552 posts

Posted 16 July 2011 - 10:54 PM

Youtube, finally.

#11 Master Fwiffo

Master Fwiffo

Doom On You

• Retired Staff
  • 17468 posts

Posted 16 July 2011 - 11:10 PM

THANK YOU PRIME!

Not only did you deliver a legitimately good episode, but you also did it in a way that made me, for the first time since the show started pretty much, buy Miko as a real character. At first, when she ran into the cave I was all "oh great, heeeeere we go." But when she was crying over leaving Bulkhead, and working so hard to try and free him - it was the first time she'd been likable (or believeable for that matter) since Scrapheap. It doesn't quite forgive her role in the god-awful Shadowzone, but it comes close.

But Starscream and Megatron stole the show. THIS was the kind of confrontation I was hoping for post 'Out of His Head', with Megatron ready to execute Starscream on the spot, Starscream's sheer terror forcing him to go back for Megatron, and that look at the end - oh that look. There's the Megatron I've been missing since he came back to life. It was implied, but as far as I'm concerned, it's officially retconned that the past bunch of episodes, he's been deliberately standing aside to give Starscream chances to screw up further so he knows to execute them.

This episode actually made me excited for next week. (GASP) I'm hoping it further shakes things up and doesn't just return things to the status quo.

Even still, Rock Bottom is right up there with Scrapheap and Crisscross. Fantastic.

#12 Hecate

Hecate

• Citizen
  • 26552 posts

Posted 16 July 2011 - 11:55 PM

Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.

Edited by Awkward Term, 17 July 2011 - 12:02 AM.

#13 jazzgirl84

jazzgirl84
  • Citizen
  • 248 posts

Posted 17 July 2011 - 12:03 AM

This was a great episode! Starscream was hilarious!!! All that groveling!!

I have come to the conclusion that Megatron is not just a bad guy, he is a demon.

For as much as I dislike Miko, she really suprised me in this. I was not annoyed even once by her. I thought the way she was trying to get Bulkhead out of there was cute and sweet. It really showed how much she cared.

Upset that there was no Optimus or Ratchet in this one. Sorry, I'm a sucker for both! And although I love Arcee, we could do without for an episode.

And I loved the ending. I can't wait to see what happens to good ol' Screamer now.

#14 Bass X0

Bass X0
  • Citizen
  • 41457 posts
  • Faction::Decepticon

Posted 17 July 2011 - 12:10 AM

Raf, Bumblebee and Optimus are my least favorite characters in the show. If Cullen could just drop his epic voice and have Optimus talk normally then my interest in Optimus would rise.

Bumblebee is pretty much a non character and I find Raf annoying.

So good episode.

#15 Cabooceratops

Cabooceratops

Local Dinosaur Enthusiast

• Citizen
  • 8159 posts

Posted 17 July 2011 - 12:11 AM

Wow.

That was a fantastic episode, I really loved Megatron and Miko in this, especially.

#16 Agent X

Agent X

These Ponies are holding on my heart like a handgrenade.

• Citizen
  • 2090 posts
  • Faction::Free Agent

Posted 17 July 2011 - 07:09 AM

Great episode except for Starscream. I coldn't stand begging and the screaming (its in his name, I know...) combined with his really thin design I just can't stand this Starscream. Animated Starscream wasn't that annoying. Maybe because he had the proper Lattatude.
"Some people collect other characters like Jazz or Hot Shot and its encouraged, but I stockpile Cybertron Crosswises and that makes ME the strange one."

#17 NightViper

NightViper

Ehhhhh...

• News Manager
  • 33488 posts

Posted 17 July 2011 - 07:56 AM

QUOTE(Agent X @ Jul 17 2011, 08:09 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Great episode except for Starscream. I coldn't stand begging and the screaming (its in his name, I know...) combined with his really thin design I just can't stand this Starscream. Animated Starscream wasn't that annoying. Maybe because he had the proper Lattatude.

Well, Animated Megatron "killed" Animated Starscream instead of threatening him like Prime Megatron did with Prime Starscream. And from that point on, Starscream was immortal, so why bother being afraid? Animated Starscream was never quite in the same position as Prime Starscream.

And I loved the progression of Starscream's cowardice in this episode. Throughout the whole series has been rather brave and bold when it came to his actions. But we start to see that slip when he realizes why they're at the cave. Not just because of his Energon stockpile. That line of Starscream's; "Alone." was key to the whole slide of the Decepticon's confidence. He knew exactly why they were going down in a cave together alone and with no way to communicate with the other Decepticons. But his fear of Megatron propelled him forward. And the further they went into the cave, the more afraid he became until the fear absolutely broke him.

Very much a refreshing bit of characterization in the show. It wasn't just a reinforcing of an existing character trait like most of the characterization has been so far, but it took everything about the character we know about Starscream and flipped it on its head. Because up until this point, even when Starscream was groveling to Megatron, it was always fake. There was always a level of self-confidence behind those lines of dialog; it made it appear as though he no real fear of Megatron, he was merely buying time until he could enact his plans. But this time we saw just how genuinely afraid of Megatron he really is. Just him being alone with Megatron in the center of a dark cave just completely shattered Starscream's confidence and we saw his cowardice and fear laid bare.

And when he escaped from the cave, he tried to return to the (false) sense of bravado that he had previously possessed, but he couldn't. His fear drove him back into the cave to save the very robot that terrified him the most.

All and all, it did not only a great job of providing a character twist for Starscream, but also helped make Megatron that much more of a bad-ass. Even though he didn't really do anything in the episode (other than stupidly cause the cave-in), he gained so much more character from just standing there and making Starscream cry like a little girl.

#18 Silent_Magnus

Silent_Magnus
  • Citizen
  • 3773 posts
  • Faction::Maximal

Posted 17 July 2011 - 08:53 AM

Megatron is a REALLY creepy dude. Stuff of nightmares.
If I was digging a hole and found his face staring back at me I would run, far far away.

He sort of reminds me of a demonic orangutan, or some other non-human ape.
3DS Friend Code: 4339-2564-4662

#19 Powered Convoy

Powered Convoy

President of the Deflowering Club

• Retired Staff
  • 47303 posts
  • Faction::RIRFIB

Posted 17 July 2011 - 09:07 AM

Awesome episode. Loved everything about it. I liked the remark by Jack (?) after Miko ran in to the cave to Arcee if Arcee's met Miko (with her being surprised she ran in to the cave).

I'm glad that Bulkhead couldn't hold the rocks above him forever, and the way Starscream was sneaking around him trying to grab Miko was genuinely frightening as Bulkhead couldn't really do anything to stop him.

But the best part of all, was that this episode had the most terrifying image I've ever seen in an episode of Transformers. Megatron's head looking down a cave tunnel at you with his scary face and his red eyes lighting up the whole tunnel.

I genuinely think if Jack tried to kill him Megatron would have eaten the drill and Jack had he attempted it.

This Megatron is not one to be messed with, and we see that here. The way he looked at Starscream at the end of that episode...

Randy

#20 Kil

Kil
  • Citizen
  • 6513 posts

Posted 17 July 2011 - 09:32 AM

This episode was fantastic. The combination of Steve Blum's voice acting and the excellent character animation have made Prime Starscream perhaps the best version of the character we've ever gotten.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users