#21 Boomhauer

Boomhauer

Creator of all things Transformers

• Citizen
  • 2364 posts
  • Location:Hasbro Studios, or at least, my spirit lives on there
  • Faction::Cannonball's Pirate Crew

Posted 09 July 2011 - 08:31 PM

I'm really digging this episode. Lots of fun. No Megatron vs. Ratchet but the fights are intense! And eyepatch!!! The toy BETTER have the eyepatch.

#22 RCX

RCX
  • Retired Staff
  • 2392 posts
  • Faction::RIBFIR

Posted 09 July 2011 - 08:37 PM

Another quality EP. As we progress, it's really feeling like a heavier/darker BW season 1. Liked the comedy. This show is REALLY about relationships. And was anyone getting weird innuendo/overtones with some of the lines?
"I am stronger than you know."
- Rattrap, The Weak Component

#23 Onyx

Onyx

Quintesson Hunter

• Supporter
  • 4322 posts
  • Faction::Decepticon

Posted 09 July 2011 - 08:55 PM

QUOTE(RCX @ Jul 9 2011, 09:37 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Another quality EP. As we progress, it's really feeling like a heavier/darker BW season 1. Liked the comedy. This show is REALLY about relationships. And was anyone getting weird innuendo/overtones with some of the lines?

From Jack's mom? Yes. I laughed at her line of "Wearing high heels," and Jacks reaction.

#24 Boomhauer

Boomhauer

• Citizen
  • 2364 posts

Posted 09 July 2011 - 09:01 PM

I feel guilty because I laughed the hardest at "Silent but Deadly"

#25 Sockie

Sockie
  • Citizen
  • 732 posts
  • Faction::Autobot

Posted 09 July 2011 - 09:11 PM

I think this was one of my favourite episodes so far. Lots of fun.

And Breakdown's eyepatch is sweet. You know it to be true.

#26 Master Fwiffo

Master Fwiffo

Doom On You

• Retired Staff
  • 17354 posts

Posted 09 July 2011 - 09:24 PM

Ok, so there was a decent episode wrapped up in a really stupid MacGuffin there. Same episode with them fighting over something that doesn't glue them together (which didn't even make internal logical sense, as Arcee could still move about - if she had been fully polarized, she wouldn't have been able to move her arms and legs - and never mind the fact that it ended with 'oh, we're not magnetized anymore YAY! arrgghhhhhhhhhhhhh) and it would have been a lot better. June adds a lot to the cast - having a "team Mom" at the Autobot base tickles my fancy, and I'm immensely happy to see Breakdown's kept (or rather, hasn't found!) his eye. The Decepticon interplay was something this show had been sorely, sorely missing, and Airachnid should add a solid dynamic to the Con side.

Megatron, however, was still useless, and Miko apparently still hasn't learned her damned lesson from the God-Awful Shadowzone.

So, average episode I guess. I suppose it helped that Bumblebee and Prime weren't around to be obnoxious and boring, respectively.

-edit-
Also, I'm not sure what to make of Junes comment about Optimus. Cripes, shippers are going to have a field day with this episode.

Edited by Master Fwiffo, 09 July 2011 - 09:27 PM.

#27 ZacWilliam1

ZacWilliam1
  • Citizen
  • 9807 posts
  • Faction::RIRFIB

Posted 09 July 2011 - 09:43 PM

Good episode! They're on a bit of a run. icon-hotrod.gif

Nice relationship exploration. Cool fights. Good dialogue and humor.

My final thought as the credits roll... I'd really like to see Airachnid and Starscream interact now. I think they could be a fun pair, especially with the mutual dislike for Megatron.

-ZacWilliam, though I think, like Slipstream before her, Airachnid may be smarter than to hitch her horse to Starscream's fail-wagon...
Ever wonder about the speed of Turbofoxes?
Or the proverbial ailerons of Titanium Moosebots?

*Visit the one and only Cybertronic Bestiary.
For a mechazoologic tour of the mechanimals of Cybertron.

#28 Sockie

Sockie
  • Citizen
  • 732 posts
  • Faction::Autobot

Posted 09 July 2011 - 09:58 PM

QUOTE(Master Fwiffo @ Jul 9 2011, 08:24 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Megatron, however, was still useless

If you don't mind me asking... how exactly was he "useless?" Were you expecting him to go out there and do everything by himself rather than, you know, using someone from this small army he has at his command?

#29 Dr Syn

Dr Syn

a harmless earth creature...

• Citizen
  • 2054 posts
  • Faction::Free Agent

Posted 09 July 2011 - 10:25 PM

QUOTE(TheOptimusPrime @ Jul 9 2011, 08:31 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I'm really digging this episode. Lots of fun. No Megatron vs. Ratchet but the fights are intense! And eyepatch!!! The toy BETTER have the eyepatch.

STORE EXCLUSIVE HEAD REMOLD!!!!

#30 Hecate

Hecate

When should we three meet as one?

• Citizen
  • 25694 posts

Posted 09 July 2011 - 10:39 PM

I really liked this episode. Good fights, good lines, and a bit of plot advancement.

I am what I am.

#31 Master Fwiffo

Master Fwiffo

Doom On You

• Retired Staff
  • 17354 posts

Posted 09 July 2011 - 10:58 PM

QUOTE(Sockie @ Jul 9 2011, 07:58 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE(Master Fwiffo @ Jul 9 2011, 08:24 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Megatron, however, was still useless

If you don't mind me asking... how exactly was he "useless?" Were you expecting him to go out there and do everything by himself rather than, you know, using someone from this small army he has at his command?

In the past 4 episodes, Megatron has 1) done nothing while Starscream did treachery things, 2) said 'eh' to one of his troops getting captured and 3) said "go fetch" to Breakdown.

He's done nothing since he came back online except beat up Starscream once. He doesn't have to go all Rambo, but some plotting, scheming or army leading would be NICE.

RID Megatron was more productive than him at this point.

Edited by Master Fwiffo, 09 July 2011 - 10:59 PM.

#32 Hecate

Hecate

When should we three meet as one?

• Citizen
  • 25694 posts

Posted 09 July 2011 - 11:00 PM

QUOTE(Master Fwiffo @ Jul 10 2011, 01:58 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
In the past 4 episodes, Megatron has 1) done nothing while Starscream did treachery things, 2) said 'eh' to one of his troops getting captured and 3) said "go fetch" to Breakdown.

He's done nothing since he came back online except beat up Starscream once. He doesn't have to go all Rambo, but some plotting, scheming or army leading would be NICE.

He just came back from a coma, cut the guy some slack.

I am what I am.

#33 Master Fwiffo

Master Fwiffo

Doom On You

• Retired Staff
  • 17354 posts

Posted 09 July 2011 - 11:03 PM

QUOTE(Awkward Term @ Jul 9 2011, 09:00 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE(Master Fwiffo @ Jul 10 2011, 01:58 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

He just came back from a coma, cut the guy some slack.

I gave him 4 episodes of slack - he should be doing something by now. I'd settle for a Purple Griffen scheme at this point.

-edit-
I'd also like to mention that I'm getting reaaaaal tired of the "An energy reading suddenly appeared on our scanners! We must investigate!" plot point.

Edited by Master Fwiffo, 09 July 2011 - 11:13 PM.

#34 Boomhauer

Boomhauer

• Citizen
  • 2364 posts

Posted 09 July 2011 - 11:33 PM

Next episode got Megatron going inside a dark cave for some reason. The big bad in action himself. Good enough for you? Or still need to impress somebody with how you suddenly went from LOOK GUYS BEAST WARS WASNT THAT GOOD EITHER BY NOW to "Bleh jivey show see I can be critic too!".

I mean, come on? Saying that the whole episode would be better if a magnetic weapon didn't work the way it did? Sorry but that sounds like trying to find hair on an egg.

I mean this complaint "oh, we're not magnetized anymore YAY! arrgghhhhhhhhhhhhh" is so weird I don't even knwo what that means! And I understood all of Evangelion 2.0!

#35 Master Fwiffo

Master Fwiffo

Doom On You

• Retired Staff
  • 17354 posts

Posted 09 July 2011 - 11:53 PM

QUOTE(TheOptimusPrime @ Jul 9 2011, 09:33 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Next episode got Megatron going inside a dark cave for some reason. The big bad in action himself. Good enough for you? Or still need to impress somebody with how you suddenly went from LOOK GUYS BEAST WARS WASNT THAT GOOD EITHER BY NOW to "Bleh jivey show see I can be critic too!".

I've explained my overall feelings on Prime in tons of other threads.

I mean, come on? Saying that the whole episode would be better if a magnetic weapon didn't work the way it did? Sorry but that sounds like trying to find hair on an egg.

I'm saying if the magnetic weapon wasn't a stupid magnet thing for a dumb-ass plot device. If it was just a generic macguffin that *didn't* do the stupid sticking together thing, the episode would have been much better. Because the stupid magnet thing was dumb as hell.

I mean this complaint "oh, we're not magnetized anymore YAY! arrgghhhhhhhhhhhhh" is so weird I don't even knwo what that means! And I understood all of Evangelion 2.0!

The arrgghhh was my interjection. Did you not notice how Arcee and Bulkhead just suddenly weren't magnetized anymore halfway through the battle? Hence "We're not magnetized anymore YAY" bit. Because they suddenly weren't. No explanation or buildup just 'it stopped'.

It was dumb. The whole magnet thing was dumb. Do I have to repeat that again so you can understand it? Slower maybe? The Magnet. Thing. Was. Dumb.

#36 Boomhauer

Boomhauer

• Citizen
  • 2364 posts

Posted 10 July 2011 - 12:18 AM

Your feelings about the show are irregular. Flicky. You change out of nowhere after the overall bad wave that Shadowzone gave and I can't help but think that you're trying to be critic after your forced optism kept falling deaf so much. Nobody that liked Dark of the Moon like you did can honestly have standards that high, it HAS to be selective nitpicking (speically considering people should expect more from high budget movies than a cartoon). I don't have anything against you, but that's the vibe I get.

And no, I didn't notice they randomly got dismagnetized, I figured it was effect of the blast both suffered after Breakdown using the weapon on them again.

The magnet thing was completely harmless and considering how strong the show's continuity is I wuldn't be surprised if they introduced that weapon because they plan a use for it in the future. Losing it over the fact that a magnet made metal things stuck together again feels like selective nitpicking. Sorry but it does.

#37 Master Fwiffo

Master Fwiffo

Doom On You

• Retired Staff
  • 17354 posts

Posted 10 July 2011 - 12:25 AM

QUOTE(TheOptimusPrime @ Jul 9 2011, 10:18 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Your feelings about the show are irregular. Flicky. You change out of nowhere after the overall bad wave that Shadowzone gave and I can't help but think that you're trying to be critic after your forced optism kept falling deaf so much. Nobody that liked Dark of the Moon like you did can honestly have standards that high, it HAS to be selective nitpicking (speically considering people should expect more from high budget movies than a cartoon). I don't have anything against you, but that's the vibe I get.

As I've said before, I'm trying hard to like the series. It just keeps frustrating me with small, but glaring issues. No, I can't explain it. But DotM was a LOT more enjoyable than most of Prime to me.

Maybe it's because I'd take the Twins, Simmons and Wheelie over Miko anyday.

And no, I didn't notice they randomly got dismagnetized, I figured it was effect of the blast both suffered after Breakdown using the weapon on them again.

He hits them with a blast, and then their still stuck together. He uses the Magnet to throw a big thing at them, and then they fall over. And THEN they're not stuck together anymore. It's very, very random.

The magnet thing was completely harmless and considering how strong the show's continuity is I wuldn't be surprised if they introduced that weapon because they plan a use for it in the future. Losing it over the fact that a magnet made metal things stuck together again feels like selective nitpicking. Sorry but it does.

You know, after a rewatch, the way the magnet was used in-combat wasn't actually bad at all. It was the Sticking-Arcee-To-Bulkheads-Ass that was stupid as all getout.

#38 Strafe

Strafe

Secretary of Balloon Doggies

• Retired Staff
  • 8307 posts

Posted 10 July 2011 - 12:34 AM

Dissent isn't the worst thing ever, but your position on this show is head-scratching, Fwiffo.
In all fairness, you do seem pretty forgiving of a lot of things in regards to other shows as you mercilessly hammer the crap out of every minor thing in Prime that doesn't align the way you want it to. Phazer style.

So, what are you playing at, Fwiffo? What's your game?

QUOTE(Airachnid @ Jul 9 2011, 08:25 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hasbro cant release an Airachnid figure fast enough!

Indubitably!

#39 Master Fwiffo

Master Fwiffo

Doom On You

• Retired Staff
  • 17354 posts

Posted 10 July 2011 - 12:35 AM

QUOTE(Strafe @ Jul 9 2011, 10:30 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Dissent isn't the worst thing ever, but your position on this show is head-scratching, Fwiffo.
In all fairness, you do seem pretty forgiving of a lot of things in regards to other shows as you mercilessly hammer the crap out of every minor thing in Prime that doesn't align the way you want it to.

Beats the crap out of me. Anybody who's been reading my posts in these threads know I've been trying to figure that out myself, as I blame something different every week. icon-fire.gif

I really do want to like this series. Maybe I'm trying to hard.

I think it may be that because a lot of this show is so good, that the things I hate stand out all the more - and they are relentless.

As I said, there's actually a good episode in this weeks episode, but I just found the magnet btsticking intolerable.

So, what are you playing at, Fwiffo? What's your game? icon-fire.gif

WORLD DOMINATION

QUOTE(Airachnid @ Jul 9 2011, 08:25 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hasbro cant release an Airachnid figure fast enough!

Indubitably!

Now that I can agree with! icon-fire.gif

#40 Detour

Detour

You humans are so weird.

• Supporter
  • 16799 posts

Posted 10 July 2011 - 12:52 AM

Decent episode, low enough on the Miko, but my goodness, I am cringing at how much they're treating the human/Autobot team-ups like they were romantic relationships.

I hate it in fanfic, I don't wanna see it in canon.

I'm really loving Welker's new Megatron voice, though. Gives me the chills.
On the other hand, I'm a bit unimpressed with Breakdown's voice. Which strikes me as odd as Adam Baldwin can do the villain schtick pretty well.

Also cool to see the various "styles" the Autobots fight with, Arcee's got her crazy kung fu, Bulkhead brawls and swings wide, and Bumblebee boxes.

You're far too young to be this bitter and angry at the world....

I'm reading that with Roy's voice. Heck, I read everything you post in a laconic Irish accent.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users