Seeds Of Deception characters gallery

33 replies to this topic

#1 M3Gr1ml0ck

M3Gr1ml0ck
  • Citizen
  • 300 posts
  • Faction::Maximal

Posted 01 July 2011 - 04:30 AM

Seeds Of Deception presents the latest entries in the Characters Art Gallery.

The new Rodimus Prime, by Pablo Simon and Christian.
Razorclaw vs Onslaught, by Fabio.
Golden Age Astrotrain, by Koen and Christian.

Don't miss the other updates for today, in this same forum: page 7 of Arcee In Wonderland and Magnus: Act IV - "Battle above the sea".

Be here in seven days for the conclusion: Magnus: Act V - "Legacy"

Edited by M3Gr1ml0ck, 07 April 2012 - 06:09 AM.

#2 M3Gr1ml0ck

M3Gr1ml0ck
  • Citizen
  • 300 posts

Posted 22 July 2011 - 02:53 AM

Seeds Of Deception presents Ratbat and the New Junkions!

By Iohannes, Ibai and Victoria.

The Junkion Shaman will be featured in a Short Story for "The Evil That Mechs Do".
The Berserkers and Firearm are featured in Constant Moons: Paradise Lost, the story about their secret origins.
Ratbat needs a model sheet because he will be involved in an Eternal Feud (against who?).
What's next? What about Override's Earth mode?

Don't miss the other update for today, in this same forum: page 10 of Arcee In Wonderland.

Also, keep an eye on the art pages of YounJu (for some sweet sequential lineart about G1 Insecticons in manga style) and Tf #81 from IDW (the campaign to have Furman continue his G1 Marvel saga... the page will soon feature the works of some familiar faces!).

#3 M3Gr1ml0ck

M3Gr1ml0ck
  • Citizen
  • 300 posts

Posted 05 August 2011 - 03:12 AM

Seeds Of Deception presents Characters art: the Lawless Times King and Grimlock.

By Ibai and YounJu.

Don't miss the other update for today, in this same forum: SoD: Swindle - "The Cause Of War and page 12 of Arcee In Wonderland.

Next Friday, look out for The Lost Seasons: Attack Of The DIA-clones, Act 1.

#4 M3Gr1ml0ck

M3Gr1ml0ck
  • Citizen
  • 300 posts

Posted 12 August 2011 - 02:29 AM

Seeds Of Deception presents Characters art: Decepticon Command Station.

Also, Boltax in action:

These images are a preview of an upcoming SoD Special Story.
Lineart by Jeremy and colors by Andr?s.

Don't miss the other update for today, in this same forum: page 13 of Arcee In Wonderland.

Check this forum every Friday, because there are two great stories coming soon: SoD: Trannis, Act 2 and The Lost Seasons: Attack Of The DIA-clones, Acts 1 & 2

#5 M3Gr1ml0ck

M3Gr1ml0ck
  • Citizen
  • 300 posts

Posted 19 August 2011 - 03:14 AM

Seeds Of Deception presents Characters art: War Within Venom.

Lineart by Simon and colors by Avery.

Don't miss the other update for today, in this same forum: The Lost Seasons: Attack Of The DIA-clones, Act 1 and the last chapter of Arcee In Wonderland.

Check this forum every Friday, because there are two great stories coming soon: SoD: Trannis, Act 2 and The Lost Seasons: Attack Of The DIA-clones, Act 2

#6 M3Gr1ml0ck

M3Gr1ml0ck
  • Citizen
  • 300 posts

Posted 26 August 2011 - 02:17 AM

Seeds Of Deception presents Characters art: Interplanetary Col War Infiltration 1.0 Venom.

Lineart by Koen and colors by Dohee.

Don't miss the other update for today, in this same forum: The Lost Seasons: Much Ado About Nothing.

Check this forum every Friday, because there are two great stories coming soon: SoD: Trannis, Act 2 and The Lost Seasons: Attack Of The DIA-clones, Act 2

#7 M3Gr1ml0ck

M3Gr1ml0ck
  • Citizen
  • 300 posts

Posted 02 September 2011 - 02:47 AM

Seeds Of Deception presents Characters art: Legionarie Drone.

Concept and art by Peter.

Are you puzzled by the continuity? Read Seeds Of Deception: the Road Map!

Don't miss the other update for today, in this same forum: Trannis: Act 2 - And they have a plan..

Check this forum every Friday! Coming soon: Head Off!, Attack Of The Diaclones: Act 2, The Devil's Gift, Magnificent Premonition, The Beauty And The Beast.

#8 M3Gr1ml0ck

M3Gr1ml0ck
  • Citizen
  • 300 posts

Posted 16 September 2011 - 02:22 AM

Art by Lau.

Special bonus: lineart for Lightspeed!

Are you puzzled by the continuity? Read Seeds Of Deception: the Road Map!

Don't miss the other update for today, in this same forum: SoD: The Beauty and the Beast.

Check this forum every Friday! Coming next: The Devil's Gift!

#9 M3Gr1ml0ck

M3Gr1ml0ck
  • Citizen
  • 300 posts

Posted 30 September 2011 - 01:50 PM

Lineart by Ji Hyun.
Colors by Matt.

SoD latest updates:
1. The Beauty And The Beast
2. Trannis: Act 2 - "...And They Have A Plan"
3. Smashing Impact
4. Seeds Of Deception: the Road Map!

Don't miss the other updates for today, in this same forum: LS: Attack Of The Diaclones Act 2.

Check this forum every Friday for more updates: Magnificent Premonition, art for War Within Chop Shop, The Monster Quest Trilogy.

#10 Pennpenn

Pennpenn
  • Citizen
  • 7922 posts
  • Faction::Autobot

Posted 01 October 2011 - 10:38 AM

Now, please don't take this a criticism, it's just some part of my mental processes, but whenever I see a Transformer with their alt-mode, I try and picture how they get from one to the other and with a lot of your designs (and some elsewhere, but whatever) it's rather hard to form the mental "bridge" between the two forms. Do you put much thought into how they transform? A lot of them look like they wouldn't really be able to actually transform without coming apart and reforming. Take the Lightspeed image above- it obvious that his chest forms the "cockpit", the shins form the front end of his vehicle mode, and I think the flared parts over his shoulders are supposed to go above his front wheels, it's just that it doesn't seem like he'd actually be able to transform that way without some partsforming or very long extending parts (which seems impractical. It's also hard to figure out where the rest of his alt mode is, since there's ver little else visible that shares much in the way of design elements with his robot mode. This might be because it's on his back, but there's no suggestion it's ended up as kibble there.

Don't get me wrong, theses are cool designs, and for the most part that's fine. It's just there's a part of my brain (somewhere in the spacial and analytical sector, I think) saying "That shouldn't work that way! Argh!" and I figure it might placate it if I find out if you guys knew how the transformations worked even in a general sense.

If you're wondering, you're not the only ones my brain has had this problem with. Allspark Almanac II damn near shorted out my brain trying to figure out how some of those buggers actually transformed (Mixmaster and Tracks, stay in the god-damn corner, I'm not ready to forgive you yet!).

Edited by Pennpenn, 01 October 2011 - 10:41 AM.

#11 M3Gr1ml0ck

M3Gr1ml0ck
  • Citizen
  • 300 posts

Posted 10 October 2011 - 10:08 AM

The talent hunt preview lineart:

#12 M3Gr1ml0ck

M3Gr1ml0ck
  • Citizen
  • 300 posts

Posted 14 October 2011 - 02:24 AM

Art by Nate.

Special bonus: promotional fancomic for the #81 campaign! It's issue 78.5 - The Last Quest (Act 1).
Cover Intro page 1 page 2 page 3

SoD latest updates:
1. Lightspeed
2. The Beauty And The Beast
3. Trannis: Act 2 - "...And They Have A Plan"
4. Smashing Impact
5. Seeds Of Deception: the Road Map!

Check this forum every Friday for more updates: Magnificent Premonition, art for War Within Chop Shop, The Exception To The Rule and more.

QUOTE(Pennpenn @ Oct 1 2011, 10:38 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Now, please don't take this a criticism, it's just some part of my mental processes, but whenever I see a Transformer with their alt-mode, I try and picture how they get from one to the other and with a lot of your designs (and some elsewhere, but whatever) it's rather hard to form the mental "bridge" between the two forms. Do you put much thought into how they transform?

That's a question we should ask the (many) artists that offered their work for free icon-hotrod.gif

A lot of them look like they wouldn't really be able to actually transform without coming apart and reforming.

Maybe it's so, because there's the problem that we're not "design engineers" working on actual toys for Hasbro. It's a hobby done for free and "strict rules" cannot be forced... it would be quite ungrateful.
Also, consider that real Transforming robots would not work like toys in plastic, and some actual "restructuring" of their body would come in play: mass displacement, phase metals, tesseract storage and so on... all these sci-fi concepts are used to explain how these robots can transform in the most incredible of ways.

Edited by M3Gr1ml0ck, 14 October 2011 - 02:28 AM.

#13 Pennpenn

Pennpenn
  • Citizen
  • 7922 posts
  • Faction::Autobot

Posted 25 October 2011 - 06:37 AM

I won't lie and say that it doesn't bother me if it doesn't bother you, it does bother me buuuut thats entirely my problem (as in, the problem I possess within myself, rather than the problem I have with you). It's not like I'm saying you should enforce some strict policy ("you must obey this many laws of physics to enter!") or something, I was just curious if you at least knew in some cases if there was much thought put in to how the Transformers shown get from mode a to mode b.

I didn't mean for my questions to seem snarky or belittling to the artists, and if you feel that way, I'm sorry. I was just asking since it's something that parts of my head do without actually meaning to. I'm not asking that you interrogate your artists, they do good looking work and they shouldn't change just because I have a preference for more... coherent designs (please don't take that as an insult towards the works here. I mean coherent in the sense of there being less obvious "cheating" with regards to the structure of the transformation -as in mass shifting, phasing, etc).

Ah well, I asked, you answered. Anyway.

#14 M3Gr1ml0ck

M3Gr1ml0ck
  • Citizen
  • 300 posts

Posted 25 October 2011 - 06:59 AM

QUOTE(Pennpenn @ Oct 25 2011, 06:37 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I didn't mean for my questions to seem snarky or belittling to the artists, and if you feel that way, I'm sorry.

No problem, it's just that I feel already too greedy as I act right now. I dare not ask for more icon-hotrod.gif

#15 M3Gr1ml0ck

M3Gr1ml0ck
  • Citizen
  • 300 posts

Posted 28 October 2011 - 07:17 AM

If you liked Impactor, you'll love Impacta.

#16 M3Gr1ml0ck

M3Gr1ml0ck
  • Citizen
  • 300 posts

Posted 18 November 2011 - 04:32 AM

War Within Starscream by Ji Hyun:

Ji Hyun is working on Act 3 of SoD: Starscream, which will feature Lightspeed as well.

Don't miss the other update for today, in this same forum: Bomb-Burst in "Proselytism".

Check this forum every Friday for more updates: Magnificent Premonition, art for War Within Chop Shop, The Exception To The Rule and more.

#17 M3Gr1ml0ck

M3Gr1ml0ck
  • Citizen
  • 300 posts

Posted 08 December 2011 - 05:02 PM

First Ark Memorial Bas-relief

Lineart by Peter.
Colors by by Christian.

Don't miss the other update for today, in this same forum: Magnificent Crisis.

Check this forum every Friday for more updates: A Pound Of Flesh, The Alpha And The Omega: Act 1, Magnificent Crisis (of course), art for War Within Chop Shop, The Exception To The Rule, Wrath Of The Ages and more.

#18 M3Gr1ml0ck

M3Gr1ml0ck
  • Citizen
  • 300 posts

Posted 05 January 2012 - 07:53 AM

A redesign of Unicron's head for Seeds Of Deception (from the DA account of the artist):

#19 M3Gr1ml0ck

M3Gr1ml0ck
  • Citizen
  • 300 posts

Posted 16 January 2012 - 04:40 AM

A preview of Jetfire/Grimlock.

And check out Peter's gallery for his latest model sheets!

#20 M3Gr1ml0ck

M3Gr1ml0ck
  • Citizen
  • 300 posts

Posted 03 February 2012 - 03:49 AM

Art by George Vega.

Art by Eric.

Art by Peter.

Special bonus: the latest Transformers fancomic to join the SoD/LS friend Fancomics Projects list is Starscream: A Bitter Longing.

SoD latest updates:
1. A Lesson In History
2. The Answer
3. A Pound Of Flesh, page 1 - 2 - 3.
4. A Spanner In The Works
5. Magnificent Premonition
6. Scattershot and Lightspeed
7. The Beauty And The Beast and Smashing Impact
8. Trannis: Act 2 - "...And They Have A Plan"
9. Seeds Of Deception: the Road Map!

Don't miss the latest Lost Seasons update, in this same forum: LS: The Alpha And The Omega: Act 1.

Check this forum every Friday for more updates: SoD Octane: The Cosmic Freight Train, SoD Sentinel Prime: the Final Act, G1 Season 5: Monster Consultant, SoD Ratbat: All My Sins Remembered, SoD: Magnificent Crisis, SoD: art for War Within Chop Shop, LS: The Exception To The Rule, SoD Starscream: ATLEA, SoD: Wrath Of The Ages, Generations: Divided, we conquer!, SoD/DotM: Prime Taint and more.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users