15 replies to this topic

#1 Blot

Blot

Grumble grumble complain grouse.

• Citizen
  • 4221 posts
  • Faction::Decepticon

Posted 13 June 2011 - 12:36 PM

On a whim, I went to Target's website, and poked around in their coupon section. Surprise, surprise! Transformer coupons are available to print out!

A direct link to Target's coupon section.

The coupons are $3 off Voyager Class figures, and $10 off Leader Class. Obviously, Dark of the Moon toys only. But good on you if your Target still has some gold box stragglers. The "Entertainment" tab also has a $3 off either Transformer movie, on either format. All coupons expire on July 16th.

Sale prices at Target, all sales end July 30th. Consider this your "movie premier" sale:

Go-Bots - $8.99
Activators - $9.99
Revving Robots - $17.99

Legion Class - $4.49
Commander Class - $7.49
Cyberverse Bases - $12.99

Deluxe Class - $10.99
Leader Class - $39.99

Transformers (2007)/Revenge of the Fallen:
DVD - $10.99
Blu-Ray - $14.99

Edited by Blot, 13 June 2011 - 09:39 PM.

#2 Kalidor

Kalidor

Get some!

• Owner
  • 54779 posts
  • Faction::Cannonball's Pirate Crew

Posted 13 June 2011 - 12:41 PM

Hug you Target. For real.

SORRY
We're unable to support coupon printing on your system at this time. The Coupon Print Activator is supported on Windows Operating Systems 2000, ME, XP, Vista and Windows 7 when used with Internet Explorer 6.x, 7.x and 8.x, Firefox 2.x and 3.x, Google Chrome 3.x and Apple Safari 4.x and on Apple Mac OS X and above when used with Safari 2.x and 3.x or Firefox 2.x and 3.x browsers.

Coupon printing is not supported under Linux, Unix or Web TV platforms.

#3 Kalidor

Kalidor

Get some!

• Owner
  • 54779 posts
  • Faction::Cannonball's Pirate Crew

Posted 13 June 2011 - 12:54 PM

But thanks for the update! We'll get this put up on the front page as news.

#4 Blot

Blot

• Citizen
  • 4221 posts

Posted 13 June 2011 - 01:09 PM

I'll doublecheck Target's toy section today and mark down what the actual sale prices I saw in store were. I'll update my first post sometime tonight, when I get in from work.

#5 Waspinator

Waspinator

Is that your final Dandy?

• Citizen
  • 20205 posts
  • Faction::Equestrian

Posted 13 June 2011 - 01:53 PM

They limit the printing of a freaking web coupon that much?

#6 gargunkle

gargunkle

super-duper spikey-pokey

• Citizen
  • 4679 posts
  • Faction::Maximal

Posted 13 June 2011 - 01:53 PM

I think the temporary price cut is through the end of July.
QUOTE(kyde)
Not my finest work, but when life gives you lemons, they're yellow so just paint black stripes on them and call them Bumblebee. Kids will buy them.

#7 ▲ndrusi

▲ndrusi

So apparently Gravatars work here now.

• Supporter
  • 19814 posts
  • Faction::Lesbian Ninja

Posted 13 June 2011 - 02:04 PM

QUOTE(Waspinator @ Jun 13 2011, 02:53 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
They limit the printing of a freaking web coupon that much?

The way they have it written out like that makes it seem like a lot of different limitations. A more representative wording would be:

To use our web coupons, you have to install a crappy special coupon printer program. We only have a Windows version and a Mac version. Sorry, Linux users.

QUOTE(orionpax44 @ Jun 24 2012, 01:03 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Childrens toys? whaa the boxes seriously say ages 5+ I consider myself the plus.
QUOTE(mx-01 archon @ Sep 9 2012, 01:53 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
You're talking to ▲ndrusi. Assume everything that he posts is snark.

#8 Waspinator

Waspinator

Is that your final Dandy?

• Citizen
  • 20205 posts
  • Faction::Equestrian

Posted 13 June 2011 - 02:31 PM

And it apparently does not give you an option as to what printer to use, it just prints to your default printer. Oh, and if that printer is a PDF print driver, it rejects it.

#9 Dvandom

Dvandom

Purveyor of Ponies. And Physics.

• Supporter
  • 12898 posts
  • Faction::Autobot

Posted 13 June 2011 - 02:32 PM

Given how horribly people abused that $5 online toy coupon last year? Heck YEAH they're gonna limit this.

I took advantage of the sale yesterday to grab the new-mold Legion Bumblebee so I could see if the craptacularness of the Action Set version was endemic to the mold. Surprise, the solo-sold version felt a lot less cheap and all the joints were in the good range of stiffness.

---Dave
DAVE'S WEBPAGES
-- www.eyrie.org/~dvandom/BW --
NEWS, REVIEWS and SIGHTINGS
-- www.dvandom.com --
ARTWORK and IMAGES

Pssst...if you
can't see my images,
try my deviantArt!

#10 Aberration

Aberration
  • Citizen
  • 1462 posts

Posted 13 June 2011 - 02:36 PM

That coupons printing software always sounded suspicious to me... Maybe I've lost out on $20 of savings in my lifetime for not taking advantage, but knowing what's installed on my machine (and what it's doing) is worth more than that.

And I've read the main reason that they limit coupon printing is not so much the buyer who'll use 3-4, but the store manager who'll print hundreds. Dunno if it's true, but it makes a little sense.

My local no-kill shelter is in real trouble, story is HERE :(

If anyone can donate (click the logo below) or just share this story with everyone they know, I'd really appreciate it.

BTiENxT.png

#11 Jeremy

Jeremy

Hardcore Criminal

• Retired Staff
  • 23551 posts
  • Faction::Free Agent

Posted 13 June 2011 - 02:40 PM

Hmm, if I can get a $30 Sentinel Prime out of this between the existing markdown and the coupon, I may have to go for it.
"Wise men profit more from fools than fools from wise men; for the wise men shun the mistakes of fools, but fools do not imitate the successes of the wise." - Cato the Elder

"Majority rule only works if you're also considering individual rights. Because you can't have five wolves and one sheep voting on what to have for supper." - Larry Flynt

#12 Octavius Prime

Octavius Prime

Do it, FP

• Citizen
  • 8492 posts

Posted 13 June 2011 - 03:00 PM

QUOTE(Jeremy @ Jun 13 2011, 03:40 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hmm, if I can get a $30 Sentinel Prime out of this between the existing markdown and the coupon, I may have to go for it.

Yeah, $30 Sentinel Prime sounds nice. However, between me hoping that I'll get him for Father's day and the fact that it really wouldn't be worth the gas money for my wife to drive an hour to the nearest Target, I don't see the coupon being of immediate help. Would've been nice to have two days ago when we were there.

#13 Echowarrior

Echowarrior

I write stuff...just not as much as I used to.

• Citizen
  • 5480 posts

Posted 13 June 2011 - 03:09 PM

Deluxes are marked down to about $10.99 at the Target I checked yesterday, about a buck cheaper than normal.

I hope that's applicable to the exclusives they're putting out, though. A cheaper Space Case is a welcome one.
William Rendfeld
That Echowarrior guy...
Author of "Transformers: Armada (Revisited)"- Allspark Fic of the Month for December 2005. Archive here.

#14 mignash

mignash
  • MORON
  • 0 posts

Posted 13 June 2011 - 03:11 PM

For those who want them without installing softare, save these links and fit them to a full page when printing.

http://i65.photobuck...upon-leader.jpg

http://i65.photobuck...pon-voyager.jpg

Edited by mignash, 13 June 2011 - 03:12 PM.

#15 Master Fwiffo

Master Fwiffo

Doom On You

• Retired Staff
  • 17484 posts
  • Faction::RIBFIR

Posted 13 June 2011 - 05:53 PM

I just got back from target - and the coupons *do* work with the markdowns. Grabbed the Target Exclusive Ratchet for a grand total of 15 bucks. Sentinel Prime would have been 30, but I'm holding out to see if they get Ironhide in a week or two (The coupons don't expire till mid jlu, and neither do the Markdowns!)

-edit-
While I'm on the subject, where does Ratchets grapple/claw/cage/thing store on his back? The wiki says it does, but the instructions don't show it.

Edited by Master Fwiffo, 13 June 2011 - 06:03 PM.

#16 Blot

Blot

• Citizen
  • 4221 posts

Posted 13 June 2011 - 09:39 PM

Updated my first post with prices of sales.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users