Photo
- - - - -

What news would you have wanted to hear from Botcon 2011?

30 replies to this topic

#1 mignash

mignash
  • MORON
  • 0 posts
  • Faction::Maximal

Posted 07 June 2011 - 04:53 PM

I've heard several people complain (and I'm one of them) about the lack of news, announcements and new products from Botcon 2011.

Do if you had gotten what you wanted (within the reason of possibility), what would the news have been? PCCs coming back with new molds? A promise to finish Classics '84 and '85 characters in the coming year? Season 4 of Animated signed for release as a comic? Simon Furman greenlit for Marvel Transformers issue 81+. New partnership with Hasbro and igear?

Edited by mignash, 07 June 2011 - 06:40 PM.

#2 Powered Convoy

Powered Convoy

President of the Deflowering Club

• News and Content
  • 47716 posts
  • Faction::RIRFIB

Posted 07 June 2011 - 05:02 PM

For me I would have liked to have seen some more yet to be revealed figures, but it is what it is.

I'm really happy Fun Publications showed their mockups for Drift, Runabout, and Runamuck and not just the G1 figures (for R & R) and RtS Wheeljack in a photo like some of the previous ones.

Randy

#3 Llwynoh

Llwynoh
  • Citizen
  • 514 posts
  • Faction::Lesbian Ninja

Posted 07 June 2011 - 05:11 PM

I am kinda in the same boat about the figures, but I guess alot of factors kind of explain why there whern't that many new reveals. These are all my thoughs on what made this Botcon seem lackluster compared to others, and again, my thoughts are as a non-attendee who uses Botcon as a source for upcoming toy information primarily. I think if Botcon had happened a few months sooner, or a few months later, there would have been alot more toy info.

- The movies are certified smash hits, and about 100 new toys just hit shelves a month before the con. Why preview stuff we already know is on it's way?

- Prime is established as a solid cartoon already, no new TV reboots in the emminent future. They showed us the Prime toys as a dedicated toyline, which may have been more then we should have expected considering Prime toys where rumored to be Generations filler.

- Amazon Unicron and a in-package shot of MP Rodimus where both unexpected, especially so soon, that gives the elitist collector market some hope icon-waspy.gif

- I would have liked actual test shots of upcoming Generations toys, to help me really beleive they are coming back shortly. But if they knew they still needed to distribute the standing stock and exisitng figures, they might not be focusing on tooling new figures for the line yet.

- The 3rd party companies are all hitting thier stride, some of those showings where amazing. It's almost unfair in a way, as a 3rd party can bulk up or paint up it's 'deluxe' sized toys as much as they need to, because they choose thier pricing. Hasbro can't do anything that would significantly raise the cost of a figure above the rest of it's assortment.

#4 HeyMickey

HeyMickey

I'll take you like a man!

• Supporter
  • 5300 posts
  • Faction::RIBFIR

Posted 07 June 2011 - 05:29 PM

Realistically? I would have wanted to have seen more upcoming DotM molds. I wanted to see a LOT more new mold Cyberverse commanders and at least a few more waves of deluxes and voyagers. I know they were holding some stuff back until after the movie but I would have rather them not done that. This whole business of hiding Soundwave, Dino, and Que from us seems excessive.

Oh, and Frenzy, Rumble, and Windcharger snuck into a box set somewhere. Maybe a teaser or something suggesting some upcoming Generations characters they are actively working on.

O̾b̾͊Eͮ͛͋yͨ̑̓͊̚ ̾̄ͯ̓ͨ̃͌̂̚d͂ͥͧͥͯ̂ͨ̓̚O̽ͥ̈́ͦͣ̂̏̚g̎̎ͯ̑ͤͫLͯ̓͆̿̑ͩa̍̄Wͥͬ̊̅
QUOTE(SpinOut! @ Feb 15 2011, 05:59 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Toni Basil's face
Photoshopped everywhere
I am terrified

#5 Galenraff

Galenraff

Oh, by the way I've cracked the code.

• Special Projects Manager
  • 31007 posts
  • Faction::Maximal

Posted 07 June 2011 - 05:30 PM

Jhiaxus. For me that's pretty much just perpetually one of those things I always want to see done "right."

LookUp_zps6fe77c23.jpg

#6 ▲ndrusi

▲ndrusi

So apparently Gravatars work here now.

• Supporter
  • 19812 posts
  • Faction::Lesbian Ninja

Posted 07 June 2011 - 05:54 PM

Transformers: Disambiguation.

QUOTE(orionpax44 @ Jun 24 2012, 01:03 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Childrens toys? whaa the boxes seriously say ages 5+ I consider myself the plus.
QUOTE(mx-01 archon @ Sep 9 2012, 01:53 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
You're talking to ▲ndrusi. Assume everything that he posts is snark.

#7 CORVUS

CORVUS

Its showtime, folks!

• Supporter
  • 28569 posts
  • Faction::Autobot

Posted 07 June 2011 - 07:26 PM

Generations Leader-Class Fortress Maximus, first quarter 2012.

Transformers is a brand that really has something for everyone. We are a darn lucky fandom.

#8 Octavius Prime

Octavius Prime

Do it, FP

• Citizen
  • 8492 posts
  • Faction::Decepticon

Posted 07 June 2011 - 07:41 PM

QUOTE(▲ndrusi @ Jun 7 2011, 06:54 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Transformers: Disambiguation.

Like button?

I would have liked to have seen the upcoming DOTM toys that they kept hidden. However, we'll probably see at least some of those in stores before SDCC.

More PCCs would have been great, but I didn't expect any. I am a bit disappointed that we never got an Omega Supreme-based PCC that Siebenaler seemed interested in last Botcon, but whatever.

I'm really surprised we didn't at least see the next wave of Generations.

I would have liked to have seen at least one TFP toy that hasn't already been shown. I guess we could see some of that at SDCC (like how they showed a ton of Animated stuff at SDCC 2007).

#9 Hungover Rover

Hungover Rover

Supreme Punch-Drunk Party Pooch

• Citizen
  • 614 posts

Posted 07 June 2011 - 08:28 PM

I was hoping for reveals of more leader class DOTM toys.
Crossing my pinky toes for Megatron and Shockwave.

#10 DINOBOT SLUDGE

DINOBOT SLUDGE

Jungle Warrior

• Citizen
  • 6774 posts

Posted 07 June 2011 - 10:26 PM

Anything at all about a Generations line that is supposedly, but unfortunately not likely, continuing. Pretty sure Paramount didn't limit the info on that one, but I'm sure there is an excuse - because there always is.
What is singature?

#11 Xero Prime

Xero Prime

its like drinking a My Little Pony

• Citizen
  • 676 posts

Posted 07 June 2011 - 10:35 PM

So I really like the movie style for the movie, but I don't care for it as toys...so I would have loved, say a Hasbro, um Impactor. or new Overlord ect.. But I guess I wonder at the complete lack of new figure announcements, is Hasbro finally, really, holding out on us?

Every year they get leaked, then they say no more, then they show us stuff for the next year anyway. Did they finally get smart?

I say yes.

X

#12 Sciflyer

Sciflyer

Tomorrow's Harvest

• Citizen
  • 1586 posts
  • Faction::RIBFIR

Posted 07 June 2011 - 10:43 PM

Oh, and Frenzy, Rumble, and Windcharger snuck into a box set somewhere.

This really would have been all the news I needed.

#13 Jeremy

Jeremy

Hardcore Criminal

• Retired Staff
  • 23550 posts
  • Faction::Free Agent

Posted 07 June 2011 - 10:56 PM

I was very surprised not to see any Generations, since it's continuing but we have no idea what's next beyond what's out.
"Wise men profit more from fools than fools from wise men; for the wise men shun the mistakes of fools, but fools do not imitate the successes of the wise." - Cato the Elder

"Majority rule only works if you're also considering individual rights. Because you can't have five wolves and one sheep voting on what to have for supper." - Larry Flynt

#14 ZacWilliam1

ZacWilliam1
  • Citizen
  • 10448 posts

Posted 08 June 2011 - 04:55 AM

Yes, I'll join the group and say anything, even just verbal hints, as to WHAT Generations toys would be on shelves through the end of the year. Saying it would continue with no new solicitations made and no protos shown is just both frustrating and suspicious. Prototype pics are Great, but even a bit of talk about who and where they wanted to go would have done it.

If I could choose: Trailbreaker and Hoist (as they once previewed Sunstreaker and Sideswipe together), Sunstorm, Rhinox and a handful of surprises (let's just throw out Scrounge, Chromdome, Jhiaxus, Aerialbot Skydive, Lightspeed, and G1 Elita 1 as the sort of names I like but really I'm pretty open to any cool surprises here.)

Also an Exclusive (TRU, Target, Walmart I don't care) box set for the holidays of Windcharger, Rumble and Frenzy would have MADE the con all on its own.

ZacWilliam, even more G1-ish DotM stuff like Guzzle would have helped, but what I wanted was even the littlest tidbit of Gen news.

Edited by ZacWilliam1, 08 June 2011 - 04:56 AM.

Ever wonder about the speed of Turbofoxes?
Or the proverbial ailerons of Titanium Moosebots?

*Visit the one and only Cybertronic Bestiary.
For a mechazoologic tour of the mechanimals of Cybertron.

#15 Smitty

Smitty

Things and stuff

• MORON
  • 20145 posts

Posted 08 June 2011 - 05:07 AM

Any word on Generations other that it's not over, we already knew it was going to go on, but it would be nice to know who was in the next wave, or if they are just going to reship all the old waves again or what. At least we got to see the three pack.

I'm not a fan of voting on peoples posts. it just seems very passive aggressive to click 'down vote' and not add anything to the thread. and up votes are exactly the same. to my mind the whole point of a forum is discussion and being able to just easily agree or disagree takes the discussion out of the equation.

#16 Mecheon

Mecheon

Feeds on delicious rage

• Citizen
  • 1672 posts

Posted 08 June 2011 - 05:16 AM

Is DotM Air Raid going to be released outside Japan or what?

Seriously, that's all I wanted to know, and we got nothing about him

#17 BB Shockwave

BB Shockwave

Arachnofiliac

• Citizen
  • 10142 posts

Posted 08 June 2011 - 05:29 AM

All the ones in the first post, plus:

- Someone asking Hasbro about what they think about 3d party TFs like Igear's 'Not-Ironhide'. If only just for the awkward glances between the attending Igear guys and Aaron.

- Why Hasbro seems to be headstrong about repeating the mistake they made with Animated, as in, airing a cartoon without any toys on the market (for almost a year, since Prime toys are only coming in the Autumn). Have they learned nothing?

Edited by BB Shockwave, 08 June 2011 - 05:30 AM.

#18 Asquian

Asquian
  • Supporter
  • 21605 posts

Posted 08 June 2011 - 05:37 AM

QUOTE(Smitty @ Jun 8 2011, 04:07 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Any word on Generations other that it's not over, we already knew it was going to go on, but it would be nice to know who was in the next wave, or if they are just going to reship all the old waves again or what. At least we got to see the three pack.

Even reshipping old waves would be nice. I've missed out on a few of the end of line figures due to movie distro killing generations/rts distro, and wouldn't mind a shot at getting them at msrp.

I'll agree, more Generations stuff would have interested me. As it is, for the next year I'm looking at a handful of movie figures, then...nada. I guess it's good the third parties are upping their offerings, I'm going to have a bit of spare disposable income in my transforming toy budget in the coming year.

Edited by Asquian, 08 June 2011 - 05:37 AM.

#19 StarSaber

StarSaber
  • Citizen
  • 1450 posts

Posted 08 June 2011 - 11:46 AM

QUOTE(BB Shockwave @ Jun 8 2011, 06:29 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
All the ones in the first post, plus:

- Someone asking Hasbro about what they think about 3d party TFs like Igear's 'Not-Ironhide'. If only just for the awkward glances between the attending Igear guys and Aaron.

Umm...no.

Of course they're *aware* of them but they probably can't comment on them officially because to do so means that Hasbro as a company is aware of them. That could be used against them in an intellectual property suit if they decided to take these third-party manufacturers to court. In fact, the third-party companies could even bring up that they were allowed to show their "infringing" upcoming product at an official, Hasbro-sponsored convention without consequence to demonstrate that Hasbro was not only aware of the product but took a passive approach to the matter and did nothing about it.

However, if you were joking, just disregard everything I just said.

-SS (The Hasbro reps should probably just answer such questions with "This is a Transformers panel and those are not licensed Transformers".)

#20 Aphel Aura

Aphel Aura

I see a red door and I want it painted black.

• Supporter
  • 1615 posts
  • Faction::Free Agent

Posted 08 June 2011 - 11:52 AM

QUOTE(StarSaber @ Jun 8 2011, 09:46 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Of course they're *aware* of them but they probably can't comment on them officially because to do so means that Hasbro as a company is aware of them. That could be used against them in an intellectual property suit if they decided to take these third-party manufacturers to court. In fact, the third-party companies could even bring up that they were allowed to show their "infringing" upcoming product at an official, Hasbro-sponsored convention without consequence to demonstrate that Hasbro was not only aware of the product but took a passive approach to the matter and did nothing about it.

All of the above. And, didn't Hasbro "officially" comment on them (albeit generally) at last year's Botcon? Or was that the year before last?

Edited by Aphel Aura, 08 June 2011 - 11:52 AM.

QUOTE(The Doctor Who @ Nov 14 2012, 02:59 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
You know there's a shortage of words in the world today, you should economize.

QUOTE(Master Fwiffo @ Mar 21 2011, 10:13 AM)
LIFESTYLES ASSOCIATED WITH HONOR:
Samurai
Shipmaster
Klingon
Toy Collector

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users