Toggle shoutbox Squawkbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

Please don't post Youtube videos in the chat box. The forums software auto embeds them. 

@  BlackMax : (04 December 2016 - 08:33 AM)

Huh. Maybe I can figure a way to headcanon IDW Strafe into being AoE Strafe...

@  zephyrX9 : (04 December 2016 - 03:12 AM)

I'm sure under a different artist, she might look like something!

@  Verity Carlo : (04 December 2016 - 01:50 AM)

She....well, I'm not sure what she turns into, but it involves her face splitting in half.

@  Verity Carlo : (04 December 2016 - 01:49 AM)

There was also Strafe for Female Dinobots.

@  LordGigaIce : (03 December 2016 - 11:57 PM)

http://tfwiki.net/mediawiki/images2/3/33/Raptoricon_symbol.jpg

@  LordGigaIce : (03 December 2016 - 11:57 PM)

plus the best faction insignia ever

@  Dracula : (03 December 2016 - 11:27 PM)

but yeah we need toys of those Raptoricons yesterday.

@  Dracula : (03 December 2016 - 11:27 PM)

but BW also set the precedent that the gender of the scanned beast mode doesn't need to match the robot mode...so bright colors are fine ;)

@  BlackMax : (03 December 2016 - 11:04 PM)

That WOULD be a very good point, except Slash has got ~all the bright colors~, and in the bird world (which as we all know is also the dino world)rampant bright colors are a male thing.

@  LordGigaIce : (03 December 2016 - 10:56 PM)

There was that one Deluxe raptor mould from AoE....GET ON IT FUNPU....oh. Now I'm sad.

@  BlackMax : (03 December 2016 - 10:54 PM)

...I did not know bout this. Maybe I should amend my comment to "we need more female Dinotobts ~who have toys~."

@  Dracula : (03 December 2016 - 10:05 PM)

@BlackMax - did you know about the Raptoricons? Currently they've only been in fan club prose but they have pretty badass designs and are all female.

@  Rycochet : (03 December 2016 - 09:21 PM)

More female dinosaur transformers would be nice, but not specifically dinobots. Never been a fan of adding new guys to that specific subgroup, it feels a bit like when ageing rock bands add new members.

@  wonko the sane? : (03 December 2016 - 09:02 PM)

Wait, swoop isn't a woman?

@  BlackMax : (03 December 2016 - 07:44 PM)

Can I just take a moment and declare that we need some female Dinobots? Because we really need some female Dinobots.

@  TM2-Megatron : (03 December 2016 - 05:41 PM)

It was awesome seeing all those heroes together on screen, though. I hope Superman and Martian Manhunter get to participate in the next crossover

@  TM2-Megatron : (03 December 2016 - 05:36 PM)

The solution was also just a bit too easy... the Dominators are apparently just big sissys, give 'em a poke with a caddle prod and they'll run off

@  TM2-Megatron : (03 December 2016 - 05:35 PM)

Yeah, I felt Arrow was the weakest entry... but after least season I kind of got turned off the show, and haven't watched any of the current season.

@  Jalaguy : (03 December 2016 - 05:34 PM)

It was good, but would've been better if Arrow hadn't co-opted its portion to do an relatively pointless anniversary episode.

@  Tm_Silverclaw : (03 December 2016 - 05:31 PM)

Haven't seen any of the DC shows.

@  SHIELD Agent 47 : (03 December 2016 - 05:24 PM)

How did y'all feel about this week's CW DC shows crossover? I thought it was great and reminiscent of comic books!

@  BlackMax : (03 December 2016 - 08:25 AM)

I'm still exploring all the possible mods for the PC version of Fallout New Vegas.

@  Pennpenn : (02 December 2016 - 11:03 PM)

So what, my species is perfectly happy to completely obliterate an undeveloped species to make servants, go full on ADVENT on more developed worlds, but for the middle of the road species suddenly my hands ar tied? Bah.

@  Pennpenn : (02 December 2016 - 10:58 PM)

It's annoying in Stellaris how "Pre-sentient" life forms can be Uplifted (turned into sentient and loyal races) and pre-space age civs can be messed around with and taken over, but you can't do anything about "Stone Age Primitives" so they just end up as a permanent debuff to a planet and end up squatting in valuable tiles.

@  Verity Carlo : (02 December 2016 - 10:53 PM)

To put it simply, everyone is in a race to become god.

@  Tm_Silverclaw : (02 December 2016 - 10:42 PM)

I'm playing Tales of Zestiria instead.

@  Touch My Thighs : (02 December 2016 - 10:10 PM)

So basically I'm 15 hours into Final Fantasy XV and it seems like they took the edgy FF7-style game they were going to make, threw it out and made something actually fun instead.

@  BlackMax : (02 December 2016 - 09:29 PM)

...and now that I've sat home a short bit I realize I completely forgot to look for Ross, TJ MAXX or Marshalls in the area. Damn.

@  ShadowMan024 : (02 December 2016 - 09:20 PM)

I envy you.

@  BlackMax : (02 December 2016 - 09:17 PM)

Just found RiD Warriors Bisk and Ratchet, plus TR Hot Rod, while hunting. It was a good night.

@  ShadowMan024 : (02 December 2016 - 08:28 PM)

"You hugin' people..."

@  Strafe : (02 December 2016 - 07:36 PM)

I liked that one, too. I'm not a fan of the guy at all, but "A Few Good Men" is still one of my all-time favorite movies. He's fantastic as Lt. Daniel Kaffee.

@  Kalidor : (02 December 2016 - 06:24 PM)

Tom Cruise sucks but I really did enjoy Edge of Tomorrow

@  Benbot : (02 December 2016 - 03:57 PM)

What? They made a new Mummy movie and cast Tom Cruise? I love Cruise, but isn't he kind of expensive? Kind of stupid to rely on his star power to boost a new franchise instead of...like...good writing? I hope it had both, but I'm not holding my breath.

@  Tm_Silverclaw : (01 December 2016 - 11:36 PM)

Now if only I could get one of my GoG games to work right (well series of games) :(

@  Kalidor : (01 December 2016 - 11:24 PM)

Thanks, I picked it up. Worth it for the soundtrack alone

@  Tm_Silverclaw : (01 December 2016 - 10:01 PM)

GoG is awsome.

@  wonko the sane? : (01 December 2016 - 08:07 PM)

woot woot, thank you kindly!

@  Dekafox : (01 December 2016 - 07:42 PM)

Head's up, GOG has Neverwinter Nights up for free for about another 30 hours or so

@  Verity Carlo : (01 December 2016 - 07:30 PM)

the men who murdered my imaginary friends

@  Locoman : (01 December 2016 - 05:30 PM)

I'm coming, Baby Legs! I'm.... Regular... Legs!

@  Benbot : (01 December 2016 - 04:05 PM)

What are you worried about, come get fake doors!

@  SHIELD Agent 47 : (01 December 2016 - 02:07 PM)

I just found out that Blue from Blue's Clues is a girl. Whoa.

@  Bass X0 : (01 December 2016 - 01:14 PM)

Holy Magikrap!

@  Pennpenn : (01 December 2016 - 08:45 AM)

Also, TR Triggerhappy is a good mold.

@  Pennpenn : (01 December 2016 - 07:34 AM)

I should have said "not staying together", but anyway.

@  unluckiness : (01 December 2016 - 06:50 AM)

My Astrotrain had that but some floor polish on the tabs helped.

@  Pennpenn : (01 December 2016 - 06:48 AM)

On the subject of recalcitrant TR voyagers, does anyone else have an issue with Sentinel Prime's legs staying together in space-brick mode?

@  Tm_Silverclaw : (01 December 2016 - 03:40 AM)

Holy crap or holy carp? ;)

@  BlackMax : (30 November 2016 - 08:41 PM)

...holy crap it works!

- - - - -

What news would you have wanted to hear from Botcon 2011?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
30 replies to this topic

#1 (Deactivated) mignash

(Deactivated) mignash
  • Guests

Posted 07 June 2011 - 04:53 PM

I've heard several people complain (and I'm one of them) about the lack of news, announcements and new products from Botcon 2011.

Do if you had gotten what you wanted (within the reason of possibility), what would the news have been? PCCs coming back with new molds? A promise to finish Classics '84 and '85 characters in the coming year? Season 4 of Animated signed for release as a comic? Simon Furman greenlit for Marvel Transformers issue 81+. New partnership with Hasbro and igear?

Edited by mignash, 07 June 2011 - 06:40 PM.

#2 Powered Convoy

Powered Convoy

Skywarp Connoisseur

• Staff
  • 56569 posts

Posted 07 June 2011 - 05:02 PM

For me I would have liked to have seen some more yet to be revealed figures, but it is what it is.

I'm really happy Fun Publications showed their mockups for Drift, Runabout, and Runamuck and not just the G1 figures (for R & R) and RtS Wheeljack in a photo like some of the previous ones.

Randy

#3 Llwynoh

Llwynoh
  • Citizen
  • 517 posts

Posted 07 June 2011 - 05:11 PM

I am kinda in the same boat about the figures, but I guess alot of factors kind of explain why there whern't that many new reveals. These are all my thoughs on what made this Botcon seem lackluster compared to others, and again, my thoughts are as a non-attendee who uses Botcon as a source for upcoming toy information primarily. I think if Botcon had happened a few months sooner, or a few months later, there would have been alot more toy info.

- The movies are certified smash hits, and about 100 new toys just hit shelves a month before the con. Why preview stuff we already know is on it's way?

- Prime is established as a solid cartoon already, no new TV reboots in the emminent future. They showed us the Prime toys as a dedicated toyline, which may have been more then we should have expected considering Prime toys where rumored to be Generations filler.

- Amazon Unicron and a in-package shot of MP Rodimus where both unexpected, especially so soon, that gives the elitist collector market some hope icon-waspy.gif

- I would have liked actual test shots of upcoming Generations toys, to help me really beleive they are coming back shortly. But if they knew they still needed to distribute the standing stock and exisitng figures, they might not be focusing on tooling new figures for the line yet.

- The 3rd party companies are all hitting thier stride, some of those showings where amazing. It's almost unfair in a way, as a 3rd party can bulk up or paint up it's 'deluxe' sized toys as much as they need to, because they choose thier pricing. Hasbro can't do anything that would significantly raise the cost of a figure above the rest of it's assortment.

#4 HeyMickey

HeyMickey

I'll take you like a man!

• Supporter
  • 5422 posts

Posted 07 June 2011 - 05:29 PM

Realistically? I would have wanted to have seen more upcoming DotM molds. I wanted to see a LOT more new mold Cyberverse commanders and at least a few more waves of deluxes and voyagers. I know they were holding some stuff back until after the movie but I would have rather them not done that. This whole business of hiding Soundwave, Dino, and Que from us seems excessive.

Oh, and Frenzy, Rumble, and Windcharger snuck into a box set somewhere. Maybe a teaser or something suggesting some upcoming Generations characters they are actively working on.

QUOTE(SpinOut! @ Feb 15 2011, 05:59 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Toni Basil's face
Photoshopped everywhere
I am terrified

#5 Galenraff

Galenraff

Sarcasm: unappreciated.

• Administrator
  • 33286 posts

Posted 07 June 2011 - 05:30 PM

Jhiaxus. For me that's pretty much just perpetually one of those things I always want to see done "right."

card-pm-optimus.jpg

#6 ▲ndrusi

▲ndrusi

Praise be to Stakeout.

• Supporter
  • 23756 posts

Posted 07 June 2011 - 05:54 PM

Transformers: Disambiguation.

QUOTE(orionpax44 @ Jun 24 2012, 01:03 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Childrens toys? whaa the boxes seriously say ages 5+ I consider myself the plus.
QUOTE(mx-01 archon @ Sep 9 2012, 01:53 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
You're talking to ▲ndrusi. Assume everything that he posts is snark.

#7 CORVUS

CORVUS

Are you ready to stand right here, right now?

• Supporter
  • 31052 posts

Posted 07 June 2011 - 07:26 PM

Generations Leader-Class Fortress Maximus, first quarter 2012.

Transformers is a brand that really has something for everyone. We are a darn lucky fandom.

#8 Octavius Prime

Octavius Prime

Do it, FP

• Citizen
  • 9856 posts

Posted 07 June 2011 - 07:41 PM

QUOTE(▲ndrusi @ Jun 7 2011, 06:54 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Transformers: Disambiguation.

Like button?

I would have liked to have seen the upcoming DOTM toys that they kept hidden. However, we'll probably see at least some of those in stores before SDCC.

More PCCs would have been great, but I didn't expect any. I am a bit disappointed that we never got an Omega Supreme-based PCC that Siebenaler seemed interested in last Botcon, but whatever.

I'm really surprised we didn't at least see the next wave of Generations.

I would have liked to have seen at least one TFP toy that hasn't already been shown. I guess we could see some of that at SDCC (like how they showed a ton of Animated stuff at SDCC 2007).

#9 Hungover Rover

Hungover Rover

Supreme Punch-Drunk Party Pooch

• Citizen
  • 614 posts

Posted 07 June 2011 - 08:28 PM

I was hoping for reveals of more leader class DOTM toys.
Crossing my pinky toes for Megatron and Shockwave.

#10 DINOBOT SLUDGE

DINOBOT SLUDGE

Jungle Warrior

• Citizen
  • 6932 posts

Posted 07 June 2011 - 10:26 PM

Anything at all about a Generations line that is supposedly, but unfortunately not likely, continuing. Pretty sure Paramount didn't limit the info on that one, but I'm sure there is an excuse - because there always is.
What is singature?

#11 Xero Prime

Xero Prime

its like drinking a My Little Pony

• Citizen
  • 880 posts

Posted 07 June 2011 - 10:35 PM

So I really like the movie style for the movie, but I don't care for it as toys...so I would have loved, say a Hasbro, um Impactor. or new Overlord ect.. But I guess I wonder at the complete lack of new figure announcements, is Hasbro finally, really, holding out on us?

Every year they get leaked, then they say no more, then they show us stuff for the next year anyway. Did they finally get smart?

I say yes.

X

#12 Sciflyer

Sciflyer

Tomorrow's Harvest

• Citizen
  • 3033 posts

Posted 07 June 2011 - 10:43 PM

Oh, and Frenzy, Rumble, and Windcharger snuck into a box set somewhere.

This really would have been all the news I needed.

#13 Jeremy

Jeremy

Gargo 220 or something

• Retired Staff
  • 23660 posts

Posted 07 June 2011 - 10:56 PM

I was very surprised not to see any Generations, since it's continuing but we have no idea what's next beyond what's out.
"Wise men profit more from fools than fools from wise men; for the wise men shun the mistakes of fools, but fools do not imitate the successes of the wise." - Cato the Elder

"Majority rule only works if you're also considering individual rights. Because you can't have five wolves and one sheep voting on what to have for supper." - Larry Flynt

#14 ZacWilliam1

ZacWilliam1
  • Citizen
  • 14280 posts

Posted 08 June 2011 - 04:55 AM

Yes, I'll join the group and say anything, even just verbal hints, as to WHAT Generations toys would be on shelves through the end of the year. Saying it would continue with no new solicitations made and no protos shown is just both frustrating and suspicious. Prototype pics are Great, but even a bit of talk about who and where they wanted to go would have done it.

If I could choose: Trailbreaker and Hoist (as they once previewed Sunstreaker and Sideswipe together), Sunstorm, Rhinox and a handful of surprises (let's just throw out Scrounge, Chromdome, Jhiaxus, Aerialbot Skydive, Lightspeed, and G1 Elita 1 as the sort of names I like but really I'm pretty open to any cool surprises here.)

Also an Exclusive (TRU, Target, Walmart I don't care) box set for the holidays of Windcharger, Rumble and Frenzy would have MADE the con all on its own.

ZacWilliam, even more G1-ish DotM stuff like Guzzle would have helped, but what I wanted was even the littlest tidbit of Gen news.

Edited by ZacWilliam1, 08 June 2011 - 04:56 AM.

Ever wonder about the speed of Turbofoxes?
Or the proverbial ailerons of Titanium Moosebots?

*Visit the one and only Cybertronic Bestiary.
For a mechazoologic tour of the mechanimals of Cybertron.

#15 (Deactivated) Smitty

(Deactivated) Smitty
  • Guests

Posted 08 June 2011 - 05:07 AM

Any word on Generations other that it's not over, we already knew it was going to go on, but it would be nice to know who was in the next wave, or if they are just going to reship all the old waves again or what. At least we got to see the three pack.

#16 Mecheon

Mecheon

The ending of the words is ALMSIVI

• Citizen
  • 1752 posts

Posted 08 June 2011 - 05:16 AM

Is DotM Air Raid going to be released outside Japan or what?

Seriously, that's all I wanted to know, and we got nothing about him

#17 BB Shockwave

BB Shockwave

How to train your Parademon

• Banned
  • 13178 posts

Posted 08 June 2011 - 05:29 AM

All the ones in the first post, plus:

- Someone asking Hasbro about what they think about 3d party TFs like Igear's 'Not-Ironhide'. If only just for the awkward glances between the attending Igear guys and Aaron.

- Why Hasbro seems to be headstrong about repeating the mistake they made with Animated, as in, airing a cartoon without any toys on the market (for almost a year, since Prime toys are only coming in the Autumn). Have they learned nothing?

Edited by BB Shockwave, 08 June 2011 - 05:30 AM.

ViperSig.jpg

#18 Asquian

Asquian
  • Supporter
  • 21605 posts

Posted 08 June 2011 - 05:37 AM

QUOTE(Smitty @ Jun 8 2011, 04:07 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Any word on Generations other that it's not over, we already knew it was going to go on, but it would be nice to know who was in the next wave, or if they are just going to reship all the old waves again or what. At least we got to see the three pack.

Even reshipping old waves would be nice. I've missed out on a few of the end of line figures due to movie distro killing generations/rts distro, and wouldn't mind a shot at getting them at msrp.

I'll agree, more Generations stuff would have interested me. As it is, for the next year I'm looking at a handful of movie figures, then...nada. I guess it's good the third parties are upping their offerings, I'm going to have a bit of spare disposable income in my transforming toy budget in the coming year.

Edited by Asquian, 08 June 2011 - 05:37 AM.

#19 StarSaber

StarSaber
  • Citizen
  • 2691 posts

Posted 08 June 2011 - 11:46 AM

QUOTE(BB Shockwave @ Jun 8 2011, 06:29 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
All the ones in the first post, plus:

- Someone asking Hasbro about what they think about 3d party TFs like Igear's 'Not-Ironhide'. If only just for the awkward glances between the attending Igear guys and Aaron.

Umm...no.

Of course they're *aware* of them but they probably can't comment on them officially because to do so means that Hasbro as a company is aware of them. That could be used against them in an intellectual property suit if they decided to take these third-party manufacturers to court. In fact, the third-party companies could even bring up that they were allowed to show their "infringing" upcoming product at an official, Hasbro-sponsored convention without consequence to demonstrate that Hasbro was not only aware of the product but took a passive approach to the matter and did nothing about it.

However, if you were joking, just disregard everything I just said.

-SS (The Hasbro reps should probably just answer such questions with "This is a Transformers panel and those are not licensed Transformers".)

#20 Aphel Aura

Aphel Aura

I see a red door and I want it painted black.

• Supporter
  • 1651 posts

Posted 08 June 2011 - 11:52 AM

QUOTE(StarSaber @ Jun 8 2011, 09:46 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Of course they're *aware* of them but they probably can't comment on them officially because to do so means that Hasbro as a company is aware of them. That could be used against them in an intellectual property suit if they decided to take these third-party manufacturers to court. In fact, the third-party companies could even bring up that they were allowed to show their "infringing" upcoming product at an official, Hasbro-sponsored convention without consequence to demonstrate that Hasbro was not only aware of the product but took a passive approach to the matter and did nothing about it.

All of the above. And, didn't Hasbro "officially" comment on them (albeit generally) at last year's Botcon? Or was that the year before last?

Edited by Aphel Aura, 08 June 2011 - 11:52 AM.

QUOTE(The Doctor Who @ Nov 14 2012, 02:59 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
You know there's a shortage of words in the world today, you should economize.

QUOTE(Master Fwiffo @ Mar 21 2011, 10:13 AM)
LIFESTYLES ASSOCIATED WITH HONOR:
Samurai
Shipmaster
Klingon
Toy Collector