http://www.allspark....t/view/8916/20/

by Kalidor.

#2 Strafe

Strafe

Secretary of Balloon Doggies

• Retired Staff
  • 9056 posts

Posted 27 May 2011 - 03:32 AM

Very nice. Using the same engine as War for Cybertron bodes very well for the gameplay and overall feel of combat.
Was the release date nudged back? Everything I'd seen previously said it would be out on the 14th.

#3 Powered Convoy

Powered Convoy

President of the Deflowering Club

• News and Content
  • 48753 posts
  • Faction::RIRFIB

Posted 27 May 2011 - 06:03 AM

Nah it's the 14th, I made the correction. icon-wildride.gif

#4 BB Shockwave

BB Shockwave

Arachnofiliac

• Citizen
  • 10714 posts
  • Faction::Decepticon

Posted 27 May 2011 - 08:54 AM

TMK, it's not gonna be available for PC, so the topic title is misleading.

And from the multiplayer trailer, it does seem that Shockwave is not a playable character. Bummer.

I am kinda reminded of the ROTF game, we again get characters to play with who were in the LAST movie, while 1-2 new guys are dropped in only. I mean, I'd have expected Sentinel Prime, Shockwave, Crankcase, Wheeljack to be playeable at least.

Boo-Sig.jpg

#5 Noprobsrobs

Noprobsrobs

STILL THE BEST 1973

• Citizen
  • 2761 posts

Posted 27 May 2011 - 09:59 AM

QUOTE(BB Shockwave @ May 27 2011, 09:54 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
And from the multiplayer trailer, it does seem that Shockwave is not a playable character. Bummer.

Unless this screenshot is a different game mode, I think it's shockwave in Multiplayer. Also I know Breakaway is playable again, and I'm certain I saw truck Megatron in one video.

Edited by Gunrage, 27 May 2011 - 10:04 AM.

#6 BB Shockwave

BB Shockwave

Arachnofiliac

• Citizen
  • 10714 posts

Posted 30 May 2011 - 07:24 AM

Ah, thanks. I saw only a small-res pic of that one and thought that was tank Megatron.

Truck Megs is 100% playeable, I have seen a video with him used. He has no cape, but has those odd chains all over him.

Warpath looks great, thought I doubt he'll get a toy ever, what's with Gen. Warpath released right now.

Powered Convoy - thanks for the correction, I said it won't be available for the PC, but now I have heard contradicting info from other sources stating that it will be made... For now, I guess we need to wait and see. I have seen no pre-orders for a PC version yet, but that can still change.

Edited by BB Shockwave, 30 May 2011 - 07:28 AM.

Boo-Sig.jpg

#7 Alpha Omega Trion Supreme

Alpha Omega Trion Supreme

Now where did I leave that darn key!

• Citizen
  • 4366 posts
  • Faction::Autobot

Posted 30 May 2011 - 09:52 AM

All this talk of the new game caused me to break out RotF and play it for a bit. It's still not a bad TF game, mountainous leaps and bounds far better than the prior movie title. Although it seems more like a multiplayer game with a single player mode grafted on with how samey the missions can be.

Anyway, it did do some things right which I hope this new movie title will do. Namely, you have boss fights with the opposing faction's playable cast members, which is something WFC didn't really do. In playing the RotF Decepticon campaign, I fought Ironhide, Breakaway, Prime, Bumblebee & Jetfire. Not the best battles, mind you, but I still appreciated that they were there instead of nameless drones. I forgot that I had the DLC so that I could play some of those battles as G1 Sunspot or G1 Screamer, which was pretty cool.

Keeping my fingers crossed that the DotM game delivers.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users