23 replies to this topic

#1 Vestras

Vestras

Stone by Day, Friendship by Night

• Supporter
  • 8459 posts
  • Faction::Vehicon

Posted 26 May 2011 - 07:21 AM

I had an odd moment yesterday. I stopped off at Wallyworld for some D&D fuel, and of course hit up the TF section. The shelves were flooded with DotM figs, everything you can imagine except for the one I wanted, Skyhammer. But for kicks, I poked through the deluxes and paused over Roadbuster.

I dunno, he seemed kinda cool to me in a way, even with all that Nascar decoing on him. I was thinking about buying him, but I stopped and said to myself "You despise Nascar in all its forms. You know you could never have this guy sitting out in vehicle mode, it would be shameful to you! Besides... it's a movie toy, he's going to get recolored eventually..."

And I put him down. I'll wait and see what battle for the Allspark variation we unleash this time around. Maybe by then they will have fixed the deluxe Mechtech weapons to stay open...

So my question is: Anyone else ever look at a figure and say "Hey, this guy is cool, but I think I am going to wait for the redeco"?
Clearing out some old TFs and Mugenbine in my BST Thread. You know you want some of these.

#2 Powered Convoy

Powered Convoy

President of the Deflowering Club

• News and Content
  • 46189 posts
  • Faction::RIRFIB

Posted 26 May 2011 - 07:32 AM

Often with the Movie stuff. But then they don't redeco it or it ends up in a deco I like even less than the original. icon-fire.gif

Or in the case with Sideways (I never picked him up) the one I want never comes out (see the one with the 3 Arcee Legends).

Randy

#3 Goblez

Goblez
  • Supporter
  • 11650 posts

Posted 26 May 2011 - 07:38 AM

I have said it many times...but then I break down and buy said toy the next day @_@ I havent really had many redecos in a movie line I like. If DOTM megs gets a Scourge/Motormaster/Nemesis prime redeco I will be all over that XD

#4 Hecate

Hecate

When should we three meet as one?

• Citizen
  • 25715 posts

Posted 26 May 2011 - 07:43 AM

That's a mistake, Roadbuster is an awesome toy.

I am what I am.

#5 NightViper

NightViper

Ehhhhh...

• News Manager
  • 32792 posts
  • Faction::RIBFIR

Posted 26 May 2011 - 07:43 AM

QUOTE(Goblez @ May 26 2011, 08:38 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I have said it many times...but then I break down and buy said toy the next day @_@ I havent really had many redecos in a movie line I like. If DOTM megs gets a Scourge/Motormaster/Nemesis prime redeco I will be all over that XD

Does Cyberverse count? icon-hotrod.gif
http://www.allspark....showtopic=78225

Right now the only toy I'm waiting for a repaint of is Voyager Megatron (In hopes that they apply more obvious paint ops. He looks so naked!). All the rest I either liked the first colors, or more likely, I'm passing on entirely.

#6 Sprocket

Sprocket

Problematic.

• Citizen
  • 7969 posts

Posted 26 May 2011 - 08:20 AM

Reveal the Shield Lugnut. I've had opportunities, and don't get me wrong, he looks nice, but I'm holding out hope that Dark of the Moon or whatever follows it can somehow give us the mold in a nice purple and teal scheme that echoes his Animated incarnation.
Being part of any fandom is fundamentally embarassing.

#7 Silent_Magnus

Silent_Magnus
  • Citizen
  • 3465 posts
  • Faction::Maximal

Posted 26 May 2011 - 08:37 AM

The most recent ones for me are Reveal the Shield Deluxe G2 Optimus Prime, and Dark of the Moon Deluxe Starscream.
Starscream already has his repaint announced, so hopefully I don't have to wait long for that. Will probably have to wait for the next iteration of classics for the Prime repaint though.

Edited by Silent_Magnus, 26 May 2011 - 08:38 AM.

3DS Friend Code: 4339-2564-4662

#8 NightViper

NightViper

Ehhhhh...

• News Manager
  • 32792 posts
  • Faction::RIBFIR

Posted 26 May 2011 - 08:42 AM

QUOTE(Silent_Magnus @ May 26 2011, 09:37 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
The most recent ones for me are Reveal the Shield Deluxe G2 Optimus Prime, and Dark of the Moon Deluxe Starscream.
Starscream already has his repaint announced, so hopefully I don't have to wait long for that.

Deluxe Thundercracker is Wave 3 of DOTM, so hopefully not long at all icon-hotrod.gif

#9 mattski

mattski

Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!

• Citizen
  • 2173 posts

Posted 26 May 2011 - 08:57 AM

QUOTE(NightViper @ May 26 2011, 07:43 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE(Goblez @ May 26 2011, 08:38 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Does Cyberverse count? icon-hotrod.gif
http://www.allspark....showtopic=78225

Right now the only toy I'm waiting for a repaint of is Voyager Megatron (In hopes that they apply more obvious paint ops. He looks so naked!). All the rest I either liked the first colors, or more likely, I'm passing on entirely.

When is that cyberverse target exclusive set supposed to come out, anyway? cause that's totally a must-buy.

#10 Smitty

Smitty

Things and stuff

• MORON
  • 20145 posts
  • Faction::Autobot

Posted 26 May 2011 - 09:12 AM

Deluxe TF.M Starscream, I'm holding out for a G1 paint job.

I'm not a fan of voting on peoples posts. it just seems very passive aggressive to click 'down vote' and not add anything to the thread. and up votes are exactly the same. to my mind the whole point of a forum is discussion and being able to just easily agree or disagree takes the discussion out of the equation.

#11 Otaku

Otaku

The Repentant Fool

• Citizen
  • 2210 posts
  • Faction::Vehicon

Posted 26 May 2011 - 09:20 AM

Nope.

However, given my natural tendency for rambling, I shall expound upon what seems like a simple answer. Generally I either like a figure or I don't, or else buy it because of a need to be a completest. Now sometimes I will pick something up I skipped because a re-release with mild retooling and/or new color scheme will appeal to me, however this isn't usually something I wait for because with the exception of black repaints, I don't know I'll like it before hand.

Yes, I am one of "those" fans who can't resist a black repaint. To be fair, I have a hard time resisting green and purple repaints as well, those just seem to be less common. I decided to torment myself by swinging by the toy isle the other day and the Green Lantern toys were right by the TFs, getting my hopes up.
Jesus loves you!

No, really!

#12 gargunkle

gargunkle

super-duper spikey-pokey

• Citizen
  • 4266 posts

Posted 26 May 2011 - 10:00 AM

I pass on many figures waiting for the redeco. For example, with WfC Megs and Prime, I like the molds but I don't need another Megs or Prime, so I am hoping for something new down the line. I thought about passing on Terradive and Tomahawk too but ended up getting them.
QUOTE(kyde)
Not my finest work, but when life gives you lemons, they're yellow so just paint black stripes on them and call them Bumblebee. Kids will buy them.

#13 Echowarrior

Echowarrior

I write stuff...just not as much as I used to.

• Citizen
  • 5044 posts

Posted 26 May 2011 - 10:56 AM

RtS G2 Prime is the only one left that I've put in my 'passing by' category, given my current state of being broke. I'm seriously hoping he gets a repaint released, however, if only so that I can own the mold.

William Rendfeld
That Echowarrior guy...
Author of "Transformers: Armada (Revisited)"- Allspark Fic of the Month for December 2005. Archive here.

#14 gargunkle

gargunkle

super-duper spikey-pokey

• Citizen
  • 4266 posts

Posted 26 May 2011 - 11:34 AM

Oh yeah, G2 Laser Prime is a good example. I still have and like the original Laser Prime (and Scourge too) but I would probably get thsi mold if it's redone as something new.
QUOTE(kyde)
Not my finest work, but when life gives you lemons, they're yellow so just paint black stripes on them and call them Bumblebee. Kids will buy them.

#15 Mugen no Ken

Mugen no Ken

ROCKET DRILL SPACE KIIIIIIICK!

• Citizen
  • 1477 posts
  • Faction::Cannonball's Pirate Crew

Posted 26 May 2011 - 11:40 AM

Passing over Roadbuster was probably a good idea. Even without the multiple QC issues I've heard from folks (and mine as well), he's very lackluster in compared to a lot of the other DOTM guys.

That said, I'm not so sure you'll get a non-NASCAR redeco out of him. They're specifically licensed by NASCAR, to the point that official NASCAR & Hendrick Motorsports logos, stickers, and such are plastered all over the back of the packaging. That's more than just the logos on the car, too - it applies to the car itself, and the body of it. So I wouldn't expect a non-NASCAR redeco of him, as that's just... what he is. XD;
*Twitter
*City of Heroes Global Name: @MugenNoKen
*AIM Username: Infinity Greymon
*Xbox Live Gamertag: kenkabanchou

#16 Dvandom

Dvandom

Purveyor of Ponies. And Physics.

• Supporter
  • 12603 posts
  • Faction::Autobot

Posted 26 May 2011 - 12:24 PM

Deluxe Thundercracker has already been spotted in California.

---Dave
DAVE'S WEBPAGES
-- www.eyrie.org/~dvandom/BW --
NEWS, REVIEWS and SIGHTINGS
-- www.dvandom.com --
ARTWORK and IMAGES

Pssst...if you
can't see my images,
try my deviantArt!

#17 Swampflight

Swampflight

Swampflight

• Citizen
  • 1003 posts

Posted 26 May 2011 - 12:30 PM

TFTM Blackout is an awsome figure but was never released in a Leader-Class scale but TFTM Evac is perfect for that mold,(my opinion),.

#18 Silent_Magnus

Silent_Magnus
  • Citizen
  • 3465 posts

Posted 26 May 2011 - 12:35 PM

QUOTE(Echowarrior @ May 26 2011, 11:56 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
RtS G2 Prime is the only one left that I've put in my 'passing by' category, given my current state of being broke. I'm seriously hoping he gets a repaint released, however, if only so that I can own the mold.

QUOTE(gargunkle @ May 26 2011, 12:34 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Oh yeah, G2 Laser Prime is a good example. I still have and like the original Laser Prime (and Scourge too) but I would probably get thsi mold if it's redone as something new.

Yeah, I don't really care which of the potential characters he gets repainted into.
Scourge/Black Convoy, Ultra Magnus, and Toxitron all sound good to me.

3DS Friend Code: 4339-2564-4662

#19 Megaplex Prime

Megaplex Prime

Manly things, like a tiger ripping apart a gazelle, or a lawyer.

• Citizen
  • 3026 posts
  • Faction::Free Agent

Posted 26 May 2011 - 12:40 PM

For me personally, I NEVER care enough about the deco to preclude me from buying an awesome mold.
There's only room in here for one,
And I've decided it's not you.
I had to do what must be done.
YOU WOULD HAVE DONE IT TOO!
Suddenly I'm feeling strange...

#20 Anonymous X

Anonymous X
  • Citizen
  • 2045 posts
  • Faction::RIRFIB

Posted 26 May 2011 - 01:16 PM

I didn't buy Breacher because I was waiting for the RTS redeco in dark green.

I picked up a Breacher today, noticing it was marked down to half price in Wilko, seeing as the redeco is essentially cancelled now.
QUOTE(Specimen-17 @ Feb 29 2012, 07:34 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Ultimately, collecting toys with gold plastic is like global thermonuclear war. The only way to win is not to play.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users