5 replies to this topic

#1 Fero McPigletron

Fero McPigletron

Not a Maverick! Maybe.

• Citizen
  • 2581 posts
  • Faction::Maximal

Posted 18 May 2011 - 11:55 AM

Transformers toy launches are a major event here in the Philippines. Our local Transformers organization, CybertronPhilippines, helps the local toy distributer with promotions on eight different malls every weekend for three months.

We had our first Dark of the Moon toy launch last weekend May 14 and 15, 2011. We got the usual stage games for kids, twenty TF cosplayers walking around and new fiberglass statues displayed around the event area. The toy displays were removed this year but they'll be around for the movie promotions.

I'm in charge of the unofficial cosplay so I'm putting pics of them up first, hehe. Some suits were used in previous events but there are new ones too. We were going for Movie characters so my transforming G1 Brawn and TFA Prowl had to be retired for ... transforming Movie Wheelie! Movie Scorponok, Arcee and Shockwave weren't finished in time so we had to double up on Primes, Megatrons and Bumblebees.

Edited by Fero McPigletron, 18 May 2011 - 12:15 PM.

Feel the Fear!

#2 Fero McPigletron

Fero McPigletron

Not a Maverick! Maybe.

• Citizen
  • 2581 posts

Posted 18 May 2011 - 12:32 PM

Adding the four transforming suits. We had Movie Wheelie, Sideswipe and the twins Skids and Mudflap. It was gratifying when the people taking pictures were all surprised when we transform icon-hotrod.gif The pics above are the vehicle modes WITHOUT the cosplayers inside them so, yeah, they're a bit neater than when they're manned (all panels fit together and all that). The last two pics (only Skids and Wheelie) are shots of the suits being inhabited.

My Wheelie suit pretty much has the RC truck on my back so there's really no transformation involved :/ But I did add wheels on my arms and legs so I could really roll icon-hotrod.gif I brought along a jump rope and people towed me around the mall area, haha icon-hotrod.gif

Feel the Fear!

#3 Hydra

Hydra

I'm in your Burger Bot eating burgers with your Isenburg!

• Citizen
  • 2220 posts

Posted 18 May 2011 - 12:56 PM

This level of enthusiasm for the movie characters honestly surprises me...
SELL ME THESE ITEMS!
Botcon 1997 Dinner Decoys: $300 ea.
Unreleased Ultra Magnus Street Speed Team: $1000
Lucky Draw Orange Hazard Team: $500/member
Bagged BotCon 2006 Box Set figures

#4 Fero McPigletron

Fero McPigletron

Not a Maverick! Maybe.

• Citizen
  • 2581 posts

Posted 18 May 2011 - 01:33 PM

We did have some G1 statues made icon-hotrod.gif

The fiberglass statues surrounded the event area but some were damaged or not finished yet. The G1 Soundwave statue was ready but lost a thumb and had to be removed. G1 Grimlock in dino mode and Hot Rod weren't used because of lack of spacet. The Movie Prime statue was 25 feet tall, taller than our 20 foot Movie Prime cosplay suit. The cabs of Prime and Megatron vehicle modes were made too.

(yeah, that's me with the pics)

Edited by Fero McPigletron, 18 May 2011 - 01:50 PM.

Feel the Fear!

#5 Fero McPigletron

Fero McPigletron

Not a Maverick! Maybe.

• Citizen
  • 2581 posts

Posted 18 May 2011 - 02:08 PM

The previous Transformers related 'gift with purchase' would be Autobot and Decepticon masks, rubber and metal keychains and the usual posters. The new GWPs are Autobot and Decepticon paperweights, dogtags, eco bags (Autobot on one side and Decepticon on the other) and special deco boxes made out to look like Prime's trailer. We have a distribution table for 'rare' TF toys to stop scalpers from buying multiple figures of the same kind. Roadbuster was disappearing off the pegs so he was included along with Prime+Comettor, Megatron and the Legends three pack.

Oh, the toy launch was in SM Makati and I'll update this if there's new stuff that appears in the succeeding promotions icon-hotrod.gif

Edited by Fero McPigletron, 18 May 2011 - 02:09 PM.

Feel the Fear!

#6 Cabooceratops

Cabooceratops

Local Dinosaur Enthusiast

• Citizen
  • 8173 posts
  • Faction::Autobot

Posted 18 May 2011 - 03:18 PM

Wow.

I'm jelly.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic