6 replies to this topic

#1 CORVUS

CORVUS

It's always sunny in Heliopolis!

• Supporter
  • 28792 posts
  • Faction::Autobot

Posted 15 May 2011 - 09:09 PM

As I mentioned in my WIP Astro-Magnum thread, I am indeed working on another Classics Shockwave to replace the one I had sold some time back.

This was a spare Six-Shot body that was missing the head and neck, and the tank treads on the back. First I swapped out the Six-Shot feet for Shockblast feet. The arms come courtesy of a Cybertron Defense Red-Alert, the head, neck, and wrist-gun are from an Alternators Shockblast, and the "backpack" portion comes from a FG Gundam Virtue 1/144 Scale kit.

I've also swapped around the lower legs on this version as well, and I'm going to completely get rid of the tank treads on the legs. This version of Shockwave will turn into a flying vehicle rather than a rolling artillery piece, and I'm also going to add on some additional snap-on weapons and a larger snap-on cannon for the left arm as well.

As I get more completed, I'll continue to update icon-hotrod.gif

Transformers is a brand that really has something for everyone. We are a darn lucky fandom.

#2 SoS

SoS
  • Supporter
  • 2565 posts
  • Faction::Free Agent

Posted 15 May 2011 - 09:37 PM

Man, this version looks pretty damn sweet. Corvus you really need to continue making customs. Great stuff, can't wait to see more.

--SoS
3DS Friend Code: 4854-7656-1095 | Username: SoS | Trainer Name (Pokemon X): Makayla

#3 CORVUS

CORVUS

• Supporter
  • 28792 posts

Posted 15 May 2011 - 09:42 PM

Thank you SoS icon-hotrod.gif

I'm going to have my work cut out for me figuring out how best to attach the backpack thrusters and make them flip down, and I may go for a parts-forming approach just because it'll be easier. Were I making it to sell I'd try to avoid that, but since I'm keeping it, I don't mind.

Transformers is a brand that really has something for everyone. We are a darn lucky fandom.

#4 CORVUS

CORVUS

• Supporter
  • 28792 posts

Posted 17 May 2011 - 11:38 PM

Okay folks, I've started work on the large, "snap-on" cannon.

Its made of parts from E-Shockblast, E-Scorponok, E-Megatron, and RID-Ultra Magnus, with a couple of parts from the same Gundam kit tossed in. Its just attached with blu-tack at the mo, as I still have to work out how I'm going to attach it.

#5 shumworld

shumworld

"One down, two to go."

• Citizen
  • 7965 posts

Posted 19 May 2011 - 01:34 AM

I kind of like the smaller gun.

#6 SoS

SoS
  • Supporter
  • 2565 posts

Posted 25 June 2011 - 09:23 PM

As an add on cannon I like it, as long as it doesn't replace the smaller one. icon-hotrod.gif

Corvus do you do commissions? I have some ideas for a few characters, but I'm not that good at customizing.

--SoS
3DS Friend Code: 4854-7656-1095 | Username: SoS | Trainer Name (Pokemon X): Makayla

#7 CORVUS

CORVUS

• Supporter
  • 28792 posts

Posted 26 June 2011 - 01:53 PM

Nah, it would not replace it, it would just be an add-on.

While I have done commissions for illustrations, I have not as yet done them for customs. PM me your ideas and we can certainly discuss it.

And since I'm responding, I'll mention that the biggest reasons I haven't proceeded much further since this photo was taken are 1) I'm waiting on some special custom molded parts, and 2) The humidity and rain has been so frequent that I'm afraid to lay down any more paint right now.

Edited by Agent CORVUS, 26 June 2011 - 01:56 PM.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users