6. The GI Joe fans are thrilled that Hama has continued the original ARAH continuity and that has sparked some of us here to ask Andy if the same could be done for TF?s. Have you given any thought to continuing the original TF continuity from the Marvel run? And an even better question is, are you even interested in going down that road?
SF) I actually would like to pick up the baton from Marvel issue #80 and run with it again. There was a lot we never got to do, that I?d like to revisit or just to take the next big steps with all that we?d set up in the previous 20 or so issues. I?d certainly rather do G1 #81 than G2 #13, as, strangely, and for no good reason I can formulate into words, I think the time has passed for G2. It was very, well? 90s.
Now we need to show IDW there is interest for this title!!!
We need to rally and make a push to bring Furman back!!!
Obviously one way to vote is with your wallet and by purchasing the classics material. If it sells well, this has a chance.
But I figure there are people out there like me, who can't afford to put money out on trades, especially for material that is already owned in multiple formats. IDW needs to know we want this too. And if we can't vote with money, let's show them!
Here's what I propose:
1. Tronprogram: Please sticky this thread.
2. Post here if you would support this title.
3. Can someone that posts headlines on other TF sites, lonegamer78, for instance on allspark.com post a headline with a link to this thread so other TF fans can come here to vote? Can we do the same for seibertron.com, tfw2005.com, and tfarchive.com?
4. If you are already planning on attending a convention, talk to as many people as you can and have them sign a petition if they would support (I.E. buy) the title. Anyone planning on going to Wondercon this weekend? If you're at the TF Panel, talk to those people!!
5. Go to your local comic shop and try one of two things: See if they will put a sig sheet on their check out counter asking the question, "Would you support a Transformers title continuing the original Marvel continuity written by Simon Furman with a G1 # 81 issue?" Or ask the shop owner if they would carry the title and how many copies they would carry at least.
I already emailed 11 major comic stores: g-mart, grahamcrackers, lonestarcomics, midtowncomics, zanaducomics and more...
I have already heard back from one retailer in Maryland, Collector's Corner, and they said they would carry the title if published, at least 8-15 copies. There's a start!
So we can use this thread to track results and for people to post showing support!
So let's pull together and get Furman back on Transformers!! We can Do This!!!
Support is pouring in. DecepticonsRule has already heard back from several retailers who said they'd be happy to support such a petition.
We've also had some excellent feedback from TFW2005. They were kind enough to write an article which has generated 7 pages of positive feedback.
So please lend your support by posting in the relevant thread. Just a single post saying "Count me in" will do.
Also be sure to LIKE the Facebook page http://www.facebook....113954648684693
And sign the petition http://www.petitiono...w/petition.html
Edited by CAD-BANE, 21 July 2011 - 01:47 PM.