Photo
- - - - -

Anyone else given up on finding later waves?

67 replies to this topic

#1 Gizmoboy

Gizmoboy

I live to serve

• Forum Moderator
  • 5826 posts
  • Faction::Decepticon

Posted 22 March 2011 - 04:06 PM

For months now I've been touring the usual transformers hot spots around Indianapolis looking for the later waves of RtS and Generations. Every store I've been to (TRU, Target, Walmart, Meijer, Kmart, Kohls) only have Skullgrin, WfC figures, Terradive, Jolt, and Thunderwing with maybe a Jazz, Tracks, Mindset thrown in. Where are the later waves? The pegs are mostly empty and they never seem to restock anything. I've spent enough on gas driving all over town that I could have just gotten them from BBTS or another online shop and saved money. I'm about ready to give up.

Anyone else having this issue either here or in other cities? How can these retailers just not restock one of the hottest toylines out right now?

18f2ee44-4730-475b-8e0b-589561ba1995_zps

#2 Internet Jesus

Internet Jesus

Kill Owens Kill

• Citizen
  • 19053 posts
  • Faction::Lesbian Ninja

Posted 22 March 2011 - 04:13 PM

I've had a hell of a time finding new Generations stuff.

I lucked out with a fresh case at one Target and got my RTS G2 Prime and Wreck-Gar and >Classics Kup.

They had a Scourge there and I left it. Nothing for a month then found him in an out of the way TRU.

I'm really worried I won't see Wheeljack and Thundercracker on shelves.

#3 Bug-Saw

Bug-Saw

The artist formerly known as Hornet

• Citizen
  • 10229 posts
  • Faction::Free Agent

Posted 22 March 2011 - 04:18 PM

Hasbro doesn't really seem to care about distribution so long as the retailers keep ordering more stock from them, do they?

#4 EvilEyeSigma

EvilEyeSigma

Now you see my true form!

• Citizen
  • 12900 posts

Posted 22 March 2011 - 04:20 PM

I'm pretty much giving up on TFs for a while myself, the distribution is too awful to bother trying.
QUOTE(Contrary Mary @ Jul 10 2010, 09:24 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
boobs count as accessories.

QUOTE(Dvandom @ Oct 26 2010, 05:58 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Unless you are kaiju-sized, a shinkansen is not a sex toy.

---Dave
3DS Friend Code: 4828 4709 8331

#5 Solarstorm

Solarstorm
  • Citizen
  • 6967 posts
  • Faction::Decepticon

Posted 22 March 2011 - 04:22 PM

There's no point in even trying anymore. I gave up a long time ago.

I preorder as soon as possible from BBTS or HTS. It beats the wasted time and gas.

"The way YOU are built lends itself to similarly big weapons. Magnus by comparison is a girly man."--Bainreese

#6 AnkhChalice

AnkhChalice
  • Citizen
  • 1565 posts

Posted 22 March 2011 - 04:25 PM

Sometimes around here later waves turn up months later. I didn't find any ROTF N.E.S.T. Global Alliance voyager class figures until November 2010 at Toys R Us. Which was bizarre but appreciated.

#7 CORVUS

CORVUS

It's always sunny in Heliopolis!

• Supporter
  • 28998 posts
  • Faction::Autobot

Posted 22 March 2011 - 04:26 PM

I'm in the same boat here in WV. I didn't see the Thunderwing wave in stores until late January or early February, and I gave up and ordered Thunderwing from HTS. I didn't see the RTS wave featuring Tracks and Jazz until February, although to be honest I found that wave at Kohls and its possible they'd been there quite a while (its a bit out of the way). My wife managed to snag a Jazz for me for X-Mas, but she found it in Philly.

As such, I've been ordering more from BBTS and HTS. Until things improve, I may continue this trend.

Edited by Laser-CORVUS, 22 March 2011 - 04:28 PM.

Transformers is a brand that really has something for everyone. We are a darn lucky fandom.

#8 Classic Tom

Classic Tom

Partying like it's 1933!

• Citizen
  • 5367 posts
  • Faction::RIRFIB

Posted 22 March 2011 - 04:26 PM

At this point the search has been so terrible that I'm giving up on hunting altogether until I get my bike fixed, so at least something productive like exercise can still be achieved when nothing is found

#9 Spark

Spark
  • Citizen
  • 28538 posts

Posted 22 March 2011 - 05:15 PM

As the movie draws closer, I'm slowly giving up. I'm pretty sure I won't be seeing the last Voyagers unless I go on a tri-state area spree of smashing all the Night Mission Ratchets, or whatever the hell it's called, with a hammer. No one bought that s**t, and we all said no one would when the first pictures showed up. Probably the first time I ever wished a figure was canceled.
Fall of Cybertron will blow your mind. That is all.

#10 tec

tec

Samus Says: 7 Days till Xmas!

• Citizen
  • 15387 posts
  • Location:Second star to the right and straight on till morning.

Posted 22 March 2011 - 05:16 PM

All my friends keep looking and turning up nothing Im gonna preorder very soon if I dont find Kup
And I live in the Houston area

Edited by tec, 22 March 2011 - 05:17 PM.

sigtest1D_zpsa793aca9.jpg
G1 Stuff for sale/trade

http://www.allspark....-stuff-from-g1/

#11 Sean Whitmore

Sean Whitmore
  • Citizen
  • 6210 posts

Posted 22 March 2011 - 05:33 PM

I was doing pretty good up until the second wave of RTS/fifth wave of Generations.

But Kup kept me waiting just a little too long, so when I saw the chance to get Waves 6 and 7 on BBTS, I jumped at it.

Same with Lugnut and the newer PCCs, since my shelves are so stocked with Wave 1 crap they might never get them in.

I'd also buy a decently-priced Windcharger online in a hot second.

#12 Nanite

Nanite

Imminently Ignorable

• Supporter
  • 4767 posts

Posted 22 March 2011 - 05:36 PM

I think it's going to be outlets and discounters if any of us are holding out hope for the last waves of PCC's, and RTS at retail.

Maybe TRU will keep stocking them beyond the movie launch.
On them twitters

#13 Boss Borot

Boss Borot
  • Citizen
  • 3775 posts
  • Faction::Maximal

Posted 22 March 2011 - 05:41 PM

QUOTE(Laser-CORVUS @ Mar 22 2011, 05:26 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I'm in the same boat here in WV. I didn't see the Thunderwing wave in stores until late January or early February, and I gave up and ordered Thunderwing from HTS. I didn't see the RTS wave featuring Tracks and Jazz until February, although to be honest I found that wave at Kohls and its possible they'd been there quite a while (its a bit out of the way). My wife managed to snag a Jazz for me for X-Mas, but she found it in Philly.

As such, I've been ordering more from BBTS and HTS. Until things improve, I may continue this trend.

None of those waves have hit here in Logan yet icon-screamer.gif

I even took a trip to Charleston last month and didn't find anything but a few Skullgrins and Animated Rodimus.

I'm giving up the store search, I suppose. I ordered Kup and Wheeljack a while back when I lucked out and found them for near retail from a seller on Amazon. I'll try to grab the rest when I can, but it looks like Wreck-gar is gonna be a tough one. The PCC dinobot set looks like it's gonna be hard to find too.

#14 Detour

Detour

People.... What a bunch of bastards!

• Supporter
  • 17906 posts
  • Faction::Cannonball's Pirate Crew

Posted 22 March 2011 - 05:43 PM

Not really. The only waves I haven't seen traces of yet are waves 6 and 7 of Generations (Kup, Scourge, Wheeljack, Thundercracker).

You're far too young to be this bitter and angry at the world....

I'm reading that with Roy's voice. Heck, I read everything you post in a laconic Irish accent.

#15 TerraEsperZ

TerraEsperZ
  • Citizen
  • 1336 posts

Posted 22 March 2011 - 06:47 PM

Around here, it's the norm to never see the last 2 or 3 waves from every line. The exception is when I order them online, which pretty much ensures that when the next line hits, those last waves will suddenly all appear and go straight to the discount bin.

#16 Megaplex Prime

Megaplex Prime

Manly things, like a tiger ripping apart a gazelle, or a lawyer.

• Citizen
  • 3218 posts

Posted 22 March 2011 - 06:48 PM

Yep. I've given up. Not even the first wave (FIRST WAVE!!!) of RtS have hit stores in my local area yet. So far they have the BiS 2-pack proudly displayed ad nosium at all stores, recolor wave of PCCs, and Cliffjumper/Thunderwing wave of Generations, and that's the newest stuff they've got. Oh, the preview Prime for DotM. All the GOOD stuff is no where to be found.
There's only room in here for one,
And I've decided it's not you.
I had to do what must be done.
YOU WOULD HAVE DONE IT TOO!
Suddenly I'm feeling strange...

#17 Boss Borot

Boss Borot
  • Citizen
  • 3775 posts
  • Faction::Maximal

Posted 22 March 2011 - 06:52 PM

I've almost forgotten about the RtS line. The local WM hasn't gotten a single one of them. They're barely keeping up with the last of the HftD waves, and the Protectobot recolored PCCs are the newest things in stock.

#18 CORVUS

CORVUS

It's always sunny in Heliopolis!

• Supporter
  • 28998 posts

Posted 22 March 2011 - 07:01 PM

QUOTE(Boss Borot @ Mar 22 2011, 06:41 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
None of those waves have hit here in Logan yet icon-screamer.gif

I keep forgetting you are in my hometown.

QUOTE(Boss Borot @ Mar 22 2011, 06:41 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I even took a trip to Charleston last month and didn't find anything but a few Skullgrins and Animated Rodimus.

I'm giving up the store search, I suppose. I ordered Kup and Wheeljack a while back when I lucked out and found them for near retail from a seller on Amazon. I'll try to grab the rest when I can, but it looks like Wreck-gar is gonna be a tough one. The PCC dinobot set looks like it's gonna be hard to find too.

Don't feel too bad. There's jack-all here in Huntington and vicinity as well.

And yeah, I'm going to end up having to get Grimstone online as well. So I feel your pain.

Transformers is a brand that really has something for everyone. We are a darn lucky fandom.

#19 LiamA

LiamA
  • Citizen
  • 1083 posts

Posted 22 March 2011 - 07:04 PM

I've mostly given up on them. I was lucky a few weeks ago to find a Perceptor and Wreck-Gar.

#20 The Doctor Who

The Doctor Who

A Ridiculous Man Who Dreams of Worlds Unseen

• Supporter
  • 3437 posts

Posted 22 March 2011 - 07:27 PM

I have given up... more-or-less. Hope springs eternal and all that, but I wound up ordering Kup, Thundercracker, Wheeljack and Scourge on-line, since they are the highest priorities for me. I also have Lugnut and Preceptor on pre-order over at BBTS, so I'm sort-of hedging my bets at this point.

It really is disappointing. I mean, we have always been a bit behind the curve for arrival on shelves, but it's almost like someone, somewhere along the distribution line has just given up on our area... either that or we have some REALLY serious scalpers around here. The shelves are pretty empty as well. I mean, it's not like they're full to the point where new figures can't be put on... the same thing shows up at Target, Walmart, and Meijers. The same leftovers just sitting on the shelf... mocking me. They're mostly from the previous RtS/Gen wave, with a couple RotF figures. Mostly Blur, Red Alert, WfC Cliffjumper, a few Drifts, WfC Soundwave and Megatron... haven't seen Jazz or Tracks show up yet (ordered them on-line as well). Occasionally they'll toss a few more figures on the shelf, as if they were returned or they just found a few sitting in a corner somewhere.

I don't really want to buy on-line. It's not cheap, and I would much rather support the local economy and all that. Plus, I mean, half the fun is The Hunt. Not quite as exciting when it's all point-and-click.

Edited by The Doctor Who, 22 March 2011 - 07:30 PM.

0n39.png

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users