Photo

the Batman Beyond DVD box set

3 replies to this topic

#1 Agent X

Agent X

These Ponies are holding on my heart like a handgrenade.

• Citizen
  • 2043 posts
  • Faction::Free Agent

Posted 18 March 2011 - 08:36 AM

I was hesitant to ask given the stench cause by other DCAU threads but I want to know.....

I already have seasons 1 and 3, so I'm wondering if the additional content of the box set worth picking up and selling off seasons 1 and 3, instead of just hunting down season 2.

Edited by Agent X, 18 March 2011 - 02:26 PM.

"Some people collect other characters like Jazz or Hot Shot and its encouraged, but I stockpile Cybertron Crosswises and that makes ME the strange one."

#2 Rust

Rust

Slightly Off

• Supporter
  • 33208 posts
  • Faction::Autobot

Posted 18 March 2011 - 09:07 AM

I'd recommend picking up Batman Beyond. I think it's one of the better "Future Premise" shows devised and the writers manage to pull away from DC canon without utterly destroying the characters. Plus, Terry McGinnis is so different from Bruce yet so very much Batman.

Also, Batman Beyond was the first show to even hint at Justice League.
Nobody knows what we're for only what we're against when we judge the wounded
What if we put down our signs crossed over the lines and loved like You did?

#3 The Predaking

The Predaking

Warlord is amazing!

• Supporter
  • 34654 posts
  • Faction::Predacon

Posted 18 March 2011 - 11:38 AM

Personally, I just watched the entire series on the hub. they air 8 episodes a week, so it doesn't take too long to burn through the series.

Please Check out my G1 Overlord Auction!

http://www.ebay.com/...984.m1555.l2649

#4 Ninjatron

Ninjatron

These are the results of ninja training!

• Citizen
  • 2065 posts
  • Faction::Free Agent

Posted 28 March 2011 - 12:49 AM

The exclusive content of the box set is probably not enough to justify getting it if you already have most of the show. The extra disk is a few short features along with the recent history of DC Comics documentary. All cool but I don't know if it's worth the extra effort you're talking about. If you get a good deal, though, maybe it'll be more worthwhile. The included book is good but there isn't a lot of content.

Having not owned the previous season box sets, it was definitley a worthwhile investment for me.

Sayonara.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users