Photo
- - - - -

IDW May 2011 comic releases: Chaos! Brand new villain!

21 replies to this topic

#1 Bass X0

Bass X0
  • Citizen
  • 41568 posts
  • Faction::Decepticon

Posted 18 February 2011 - 02:54 PM

Newsarama:

TRANSFORMERS: Heart of Darkness #3 (of 4)
Dan Abnett & Andy Lanning(w) • Ulises Farinas (a) • Farinas, Casey Coller ?
“CHAOS” PRELUDE! We learn new truths about the TRANSFORMERS’ ancient history—truths that may lead to their ruin. GAVATRON and company gather arms and recruit major forces. With a raving lunatic leading the DECEPTICON forces—absolute destruction is sure to follow. HoD leads directly into “CHAOS”—the first-ever TRANSFORMERS event book from IDW!
FC • 32 pages • $3.99
*2 regular covers will be shipped in a 1-to-1 ratio.

Bullet Points:
• The Road to “CHAOS” starts here!
• Introducing a brand new TRANSFORMERS villain!

TRANSFORMERS #19
Mike Costa (w) • Guido Guidi (a) • Marcelo Matere, Guido Guidi ?
“CHAOS” PRELUDE! The situation on Earth continues to deteriorate while we shift focus to outer space where RODIMUS was last seen dead! A classic character returns as the things heat up and we begin our descent into “CHAOS”—THE YEAR’S BIGGEST TRANSFORMERS EVENT! Don’t miss “SPACE OPERA, Part 1!”
FC • 32 pages • $3.99
*2 regular covers will be shipped in a 1-to-1 ratio.

Bullet Points:
• Part 1 of “Space Opera,” the lead-in to CHAOS!
• Fan-favorite Guido Guidi returns!

TRANSFORMERS: The IDW Collection, Vol. 4
Simon Furman, Shane McCarthy, Andy Schmidt, Josh Van Reyk, Shaun Knowler (w) • E.J. Su, Nick Roche, Dan Khanna, James Raiz, Alex Milne, Casey Coller, Marcelo Matere (a) • E.J. Su ?
The re-presentation of IDW's TRANSFORMERS Universe continues in Volume 4! This collection includes the TRANSFORMERS series Maximun Dinobots and the four-part Drift story, as well as Spotlights: Cyclonus, Hardhead, Doubledealer, Sideswipe, Drift, Metroplex, and Jazz.
HC • FC/BW • $49.99 • 352 Pages • 7” x 11” • ISBN: 978-1-60010-938-6

Bullet Points:
• Features another incredible cover from E.J. Su, this time featuring GRIMLOCK.

TRANSFORMERS: Foundation #4 (of 4)
John Barber (w) • Andrew Griffith (a) • Brian Rood ?
On war-ravaged Cybertron, OPTIMUS PRIME finally finds himself face-to-face with MEGATRON... but if Prime carries through his plan, will he have crossed the line? Secrets are revealed as we make our last stop on the road to TRANSFORMERS: DARK OF THE MOON!
FC • 32 pages • $3.99

Bullet Points:
• Official TRANSFORMERS: DARK OF THE MOON prequel!
• Secrets Revealed!

TRANSFORMERS: Rising Storm #4 (of 4)
John Barber (w) • Carlos Magno (a) • Brian Rood ?
Just as OPTIMUS PRIME stands ready to score a decisive victory against STARSCREAM's army of Decepticons, MEGATRON's plan becomes clear—and the Autobots are right where he wants them! This essential lead-in to TRANSFORMERS: DARK OF THE MOON comes to a head, as new characters are introduced... and familiar faces meet their final fate!
FC • 32 pages • $3.99

Bullet Points:
• Official TRANSFORMERS: DARK OF THE MOON prequel!
• Leads directly into the opening of the new movie!

TRANSFORMERS 3: Movie Adaptation
John Barber (w) • Jorge Jimenez Moreno (a & c)
TRANSFORMERS 3 is geared up to be the biggest blockbuster of the decade, and this beautifully illustrated adaptation of the story is the best place to live and re-live the adventure over and over! Join your favorite heroes: OPTIMUS PRIME and BUMBLEBEE as they face off against the most wretched villains: MEGATRON and STARSCREAM and thrill at the new adventure that will have people talking for years to come!
TPB • FC • $17.99 • 104 Pages • ISBN: 978-1-60010-917-1

TRANSFORMERS: Foundation
John Barber (w) • Andrew Griffith (a & c)
Did you ever wonder how the rivalry between OPTIMUS PRIME and MEGATRON began? What set these two friends off on such a climactic collision course? TRANSFORMERS: Foundation is the answer. Unlock the most hidden secrets of Cybertron and witness the dawn of the most bitter rivalry in the galaxy!
TPB • FC • $17.99 • 104 Pages • ISBN: 978-1-60010-918-8

TRANSFORMERS: Rising Storm
John Barber (w) • Carlos Magno (a & c)
Leading right into the mega-events of TRANSFORMERS 3, RISING STORM sets the stage for the biggest, boldest threat to both Earth and Cybertron yet! Join OPTIMUS PRIME and BUMBLEBEE on their quest to stop the dark forces on the rise!
TPB • FC • $17.99 • 104 Pages • ISBN: 978-1-60010-919-5

Bullet Points:
• Official TRANSFORMERS: DARK OF THE MOON prequels and adaptation give you the complete story around the new movie!

I thought that All Hail Megatron was the first event story they did for Transformers.

Edited by Bass X0, 18 February 2011 - 04:46 PM.

It all began in '84. Kept on rollin' in '85. The pieces were in place in '86, and it came to an end in '87. But now it comes, and here we go. Transformers is here again. Nothing's gonna stop it 'cause it's 1988!

#2 Primer Prime

Primer Prime

SPEAK!

• Citizen
  • 791 posts
  • Faction::Predacon

Posted 18 February 2011 - 03:52 PM

QUOTE(Bass X0 @ Feb 18 2011, 01:54 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Newsarama:

TRANSFORMERS: The IDW Collection, Vol. 4
Simon Furman, Shane McCarthy, Andy Schmidt, Josh Van Reyk, Shaun Knowler (w) ? E.J. Su, Nick Roche, Dan Khanna, James Raiz, Alex Milne, Casey Coller, Marcelo Matere (a) ? E.J. Su ?
The re-presentation of IDW's TRANSFORMERS Universe continues in Volume 4! This collection includes the TRANSFORMERS series Maximun Dinobots and the four-part Drift story, as well as Spotlights: Cyclonus, Hardhead, Doubledealer, Sideswipe, Drift, Metroplex, and Jazz.
HC ? FC/BW ? $49.99 ? 352 Pages ? 7? x 11? ? ISBN: 978-1-60010-938-6

Bullet Points:
? Features another incredible cover from E.J. Su, this time featuring GRIMLOCK.

I wonder why this doesn't include the Cliffjumper Spotlight...were SL Blur and Cliffjumper included in volume 3? The only one of those issues I actually have from this volume is the Metroplex spotlight so either way it's a good buy for me... $14 off the cover price of individual issues. I haven't bought any of these collections before; do they usually include concept material or are they just collected reprints?

#3 Dante

Dante

Handsome like an F-22 fighter jet

• Citizen
  • 12702 posts
  • Faction::RIBFIR

Posted 18 February 2011 - 03:57 PM

QUOTE(Bass X0 @ Feb 18 2011, 02:54 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Newsarama:

GAVATRON

Maximun Dinobots

I see IDW doesn't edit their press releases either.

#4 Cattleprod

Cattleprod
  • Citizen
  • 624 posts

Posted 18 February 2011 - 04:32 PM

QUOTE(Optimus Primary @ Feb 18 2011, 03:52 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I wonder why this doesn't include the Cliffjumper Spotlight...were SL Blur and Cliffjumper included in volume 3?

They were included in volume 1, for the sake of chronological order since they're supposed to be early in the war (although there's no real reason you can't assume Cliffjumper ends five minutes before he goes to Earth for AHM). It seems pointless to order these chronologically, since there's bound to be more 'prequel' stories at some point.

#5 ▲ndrusi

▲ndrusi

So apparently Gravatars work here now.

• Supporter
  • 20031 posts
  • Faction::Lesbian Ninja

Posted 18 February 2011 - 04:51 PM

And all I could think was:

For twelve thousand years the Golden Age of Shattered Glass Cybertron has ruled supreme. Now it is dying. But only Megatron, creator of the revolutionary science of psychohistory, can see into the future--to a dark age of ignorance, barbarism, and warfare that will last thirty thousand years. To preserve knowledge and save Transformerkind, Megatron gathers the best minds on Cybertron--both scientists and scholars--and brings them to a city on the far side of Cybertron to serve as a beacon of hope for a future generations. He calls his sanctuary the Foundation.

But soon the fledgling Foundation finds itself at the mercy of corrupt Autobots rising in the wake of the receding Decepticons. Transformerkind's last best hope is faced with an agonizing choice: submit to the Autobots and be overrun--or fight them and be destroyed.

[This joke's text mostly plagarized from Amazon.com.]

QUOTE(orionpax44 @ Jun 24 2012, 01:03 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Childrens toys? whaa the boxes seriously say ages 5+ I consider myself the plus.
QUOTE(mx-01 archon @ Sep 9 2012, 01:53 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
You're talking to ▲ndrusi. Assume everything that he posts is snark.

#6 Kickstrike

Kickstrike

The son of a chipwich

• Citizen
  • 14501 posts
  • Faction::RIRFIB

Posted 18 February 2011 - 04:56 PM

All I can say is that I hope the new villain isn't some chick cosplaying as a TF.
Transformers is a brand that really has something for everyone. We are a darn lucky fandom.

#7 Chris McFeely

Chris McFeely

That was then, this is now.

• Citizen
  • 6549 posts

Posted 18 February 2011 - 05:57 PM

Hmmn! They're releasing the movie adaptation as a graphic novel first! Wonder if they'll serialize it as individual issues later...?

#8 Cattleprod

Cattleprod
  • Citizen
  • 624 posts

Posted 19 February 2011 - 12:08 AM

QUOTE(Chris McFeely @ Feb 18 2011, 05:57 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hmmn! They're releasing the movie adaptation as a graphic novel first! Wonder if they'll serialize it as individual issues later...?

That's standard practice with movie adaptations, actually. They want the TPB out with the movie to maximize sales. They did the same with RotF, and Dark Horse did the same with the Star Wars prequels.

Edit: okay, the earliest version of the RotF collection was released the same week as the second issue of the serialized version. Close enough.

Edited by Cattleprod, 19 February 2011 - 12:12 AM.

#9 Moroboshi Ataru

Moroboshi Ataru
  • Citizen
  • 10197 posts
  • Faction::Free Agent

Posted 19 February 2011 - 10:09 AM

QUOTE(▲ndrusi @ Feb 18 2011, 04:51 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
And all I could think was:

For twelve thousand years the Golden Age of Shattered Glass Cybertron has ruled supreme. Now it is dying. But only Megatron, creator of the revolutionary science of psychohistory, can see into the future--to a dark age of ignorance, barbarism, and warfare that will last thirty thousand years. To preserve knowledge and save Transformerkind, Megatron gathers the best minds on Cybertron--both scientists and scholars--and brings them to a city on the far side of Cybertron to serve as a beacon of hope for a future generations. He calls his sanctuary the Foundation.

But soon the fledgling Foundation finds itself at the mercy of corrupt Autobots rising in the wake of the receding Decepticons. Transformerkind's last best hope is faced with an agonizing choice: submit to the Autobots and be overrun--or fight them and be destroyed.

[This joke's text mostly plagarized from Amazon.com.]

icon-ironhide.gif

But dammit, you had to remind me that I want SG Megatron for being Transformer Hari Seldon...

#10 Chip

Chip

The light which smashes lies!

• Citizen
  • 5555 posts

Posted 19 February 2011 - 10:17 AM

I was kinda hoping and expecting to see a new writer on the ongoing as of issue 19. There's no point to an ongoing that's so blatantly written for the TPB.

#11 Moroboshi Ataru

Moroboshi Ataru
  • Citizen
  • 10197 posts

Posted 19 February 2011 - 10:28 AM

Yep, Costa has gotten me to drop the book. Planning on checking out Heart of Darkness, though!

Now I'm worried that "Chaos" is just going to lead into Unicron again...

#12 HellCat

HellCat

That's pirate law, baby!

• Citizen
  • 13376 posts

Posted 19 February 2011 - 11:50 AM

I've long since learned that movie prequel leads in are best read after a movie. You know, so you don't go in expecting all the early stuff the prequel writers were told to include but the final movie changed or completely dropped.

How's that interdimensional prison, Fallen?

#13 Silent_Magnus

Silent_Magnus
  • Citizen
  • 4258 posts
  • Faction::Maximal

Posted 19 February 2011 - 12:12 PM

QUOTE(Moroboshi Ataru @ Feb 19 2011, 10:28 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Yep, Costa has gotten me to drop the book. Planning on checking out Heart of Darkness, though!

I'm hoping it involves Sergeant Chaos. icon-hotrod.gif

Edited by Silent_Magnus, 19 February 2011 - 12:14 PM.

3DS Friend Code: 4339-2564-4662

#14 Shockwave 75

Shockwave 75

We need to get this place sprayed.

• Supporter
  • 4680 posts

Posted 19 February 2011 - 02:42 PM

QUOTE(SpinOut! @ Feb 18 2011, 04:56 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
All I can say is that I hope the new villain isn't some chick cosplaying as a TF.

QUOTE(Moroboshi Ataru @ Feb 19 2011, 10:28 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I just hope it's not a giant monster who's covered in glowing green crystals.

"The objective truths of the world are controversial only to people who are both under-informed and who like to argue." - Neil deGrasse Tyson

#15 chiasaur11

chiasaur11
  • Citizen
  • 2685 posts
  • Faction::Autobot

Posted 19 February 2011 - 02:53 PM

Actually, you're all wrong.

The central action revolves around milkman Ronnie Soak.

#16 The Ambassador

The Ambassador

Pose as a team, because JIVE JUST GOT REAL

• Citizen
  • 5678 posts
  • Faction::RIBFIR

Posted 19 February 2011 - 02:56 PM

Abnett got his notes mixed up.

Turns out the villains of this are in fact The Blood Pact.
QUOTE(Galenraff @ Mar 13 2008, 02:10 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
You don't buy a Porsche *just* for how it looks, after all. It's got to perform, too. Maybe tie you up, if you're into that.

"Pack up the tea, boys! We're joining the Space Marines!"

#17 BB Shockwave

BB Shockwave

Arachnofiliac

• Citizen
  • 10723 posts

Posted 21 February 2011 - 06:14 AM

When I read the thread description as "Chaos! New Villain" all I could think of was the lame crystal monster Kup fought in the cartoon. Hope Costa is not bringing back that thing, it was lame then and would be lame now.

I thought they were joking, but indeed they are calling the story arc "Space Opera". Now I won't be happy unless I get one-eyed Megatron carving runes into his fusion cannon and Grimlock playing the role of Siegfried. icon-hotrod.gif

Boo-Sig.jpg

#18 FFN

FFN
  • Citizen
  • 2419 posts

Posted 21 February 2011 - 06:20 AM

Chaosteros (?) already made a cameo in the never-resolved Spotlight Wheelie.

#19 BB Shockwave

BB Shockwave

Arachnofiliac

• Citizen
  • 10723 posts

Posted 23 February 2011 - 08:48 AM

QUOTE(FFN @ Feb 21 2011, 12:20 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Chaosteros (?) already made a cameo in the never-resolved Spotlight Wheelie.

Oh, so that was a nod to the old cartoon villain? Thanks!

Boo-Sig.jpg

#20 Zodberg

Zodberg

The doctor is in.

• Citizen
  • 14035 posts

Posted 23 February 2011 - 04:59 PM

QUOTE(Chip @ Feb 19 2011, 10:17 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I was kinda hoping and expecting to see a new writer on the ongoing as of issue 19. There's no point to an ongoing that's so blatantly written for the TPB.

have you mentioned anything other than this stance in an IDW thread this year?

Woooo!

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users