Photo
* * * - - 3 votes

SD Gundam Discussion Thread ... uh... Part 2!

103 replies to this topic

#21 HellCat

HellCat

OMG!

• Citizen
  • 10452 posts
  • Faction::Autobot

Posted 24 April 2011 - 07:10 PM

I've not heard anything about new episodes, sadly. I think a good bet is to keep eyes on the hobby show next month. If more is coming, it'll surely be announced there. A good thing to point out- along with giant sized Ryuubi, we know they've designed similar for Sousou and Sonken. Prototypes can go nowhere but it seems a bit odd to design them and then not release them in some form. Maybe being held in reserved for the sequel?

The Blu-ray set...if everything works out, I should be getting it. Yeah, I know, I even started a thread where I said it was too much...but the extras sound nice. Blu-rays are generally region free, right?

Oooh, old school SD. I share the love of Onmitsu, his shorts are hilarious. A nice counterpoint to the main stories where he's usually a one man army and is also Musha Gundam's younger brother.
The crossover movie definitely feels like a proto-SDGF. The villains are pretty interesting, the SD designers tend to go pretty monstrous with villains. It's been a while since I watched it but I love the part where the 3 Gundams are privately wishing for strength from their respective gods and Command utters an Engrishy 'JESUS CHRIST!' or some such icon-fire.gif Reminds me a bit of Nu Gundam in The Rolling Colony Affair "WUT? Samthin wrongu?"
The posted short...sadly, I know very little. Super G Arms is very hard to find info of in English and the best I found was some old toy catalogues on a fan site. Your best bet is researching Ganso SD Gundam. These were a line of toys released when SD was at its peak and basically dominated by G-Arms. All kinds of cool stuff there, including bigger Gundams that turned into bases and vehicles. Kind of a guilty pleasure given how far it was moving from main Gundam at the time. I'll try and see if I can find the site but even then you're probably out of luck, sadly icon-screamer.gif If you have Japanese skills, I can point you in the direction of other resources.

In related news, more old school stuff in terms of merchandising. The next gashapon set will include at least one Gunlander! Gunlander was a failed concept from back in the day, rubber figures of Gundams with monstrous proportions. It's failure was actually written into SD canon as that country being wiped out and it's since found interest. Here's hoping we see more.
The other news is that the next SDX looks to be a Kihei. Kihei are SD MS that the Knights used in later stories, including a movie. The one we're getting is, no surprise, a Gundam but I'm glad to see them bring this concept back again.

#22 Zapper Zaku

Zapper Zaku

POW...! (by ~Ccamang on DA)

• Citizen
  • 167 posts

Posted 25 April 2011 - 03:18 PM

I don't have a bluray so I have no idea if it's region free or not.

Yes, Command Gundam does say a lot of things in engrish.

Thank you! Thank you! Using Ganso definately helped with the search.

I found a wikipedia page for Super G Arms from the Yahoo Japan search engine. Thank goodness for Google translate. There was a list of characters but even then, reading it didn't completely help. Fortunately, I found another page (again thank goodness for Google translate) of someone's post who I guess was selling the kits. There was one right after Captain F91 (he's supposed to have a griffin mode? Looks more like a hawk or eagle to me *shrug* whatever) so I guess I found the other guy!

Apparently, his name is Fuhrer Commander. Which looking at just this on the wikipedia page:

Fyurakomanda leader ( Gundam Mk-II )
The power to absorb the force of the Fuller Masukukomanda. Promote the army invasion of the universe as a leader of their resentment Rasubeku Cosmo Zatarion command.
SD No.118 Ganso SD Gundam No.118

How the heck was I going to know that was him with that kind of crappy information!?! It's kind of funny though trying to pronounce the Japanese name, it does sound like an engrish form of Fuhrer Commander.

Hahah No wonder I like the guy! I found out that his Japanese voice actor is the same one for my favorite character on Ronin Warriors (aka Anubis/ Shuten). It's a small world after all.

Even found some decent pics of the kit: www.geocities.co.jp/lifezoids/SD-118.htm The rest of the site has a lot of good pictures too. The conbined for looks pretty awesome and the swords are stored in the wings

LOL I can't believe they even made kits for the band.

OMG! D-Daddy?! Now this I didn't expect. Zapper's form in SDGF is nearly an exact translation for this guy (minus his extra weapons). He even has the visor and mega cannon thingy in his head!!

Okay, there are way too many things on this site I like. I need to stop being surprised but there's also a pre- Heavy Weapon Captian that changes into his vehicle mode. Again, almost a direct translation to SDGF. Now I'm wondering why they didn't put Command in instead of Captain since (if I'm reading the translation correctly) Daddy Zaku there is supposed to be his main rival.

I think I just found something to keep me busy while I'm waiting for Sangokuden...

Edited by Zapper Zaku, 26 April 2011 - 07:35 PM.

Shake contents well.

#23 Zapper Zaku

Zapper Zaku

• Citizen
  • 167 posts

Posted 27 April 2011 - 10:09 AM

If anybody still wants the Zero/ Fenn set, if they act really really fast (and don't mind the doing international bidding) there is one with a current bid of 500 yen right here: http://translate.goo.....ion/n93946797

It said it's missing the attaching chest piece though *shrug*

Edited by Zapper Zaku, 27 April 2011 - 10:21 AM.

Shake contents well.

#24 Hecate

Hecate

When should we three meet as one?

• Citizen
  • 25727 posts

Posted 29 April 2011 - 07:38 AM

I got the whole set!

I am what I am.

#25 Zapper Zaku

Zapper Zaku

• Citizen
  • 167 posts

Posted 30 April 2011 - 06:22 PM

I did see a normal DVD Sangokuden box set on Ebay: http://cgi.ebay.com/...=item33669e9da7

If this is a legitimate seller (*shrug* I mean, the Bluray is coming out, so maybe...) then according to the box, it is region free and has English subtitles. Whoohoo! I'll check a couple places just to make sure before I buy anything.

Searching...

Searching...

Found another one here! http://www.zoommovie...51-end/dvd-5963

Edited by Zapper Zaku, 30 April 2011 - 07:30 PM.

Shake contents well.

#26 HellCat

HellCat

OMG!

• Citizen
  • 10452 posts

Posted 01 May 2011 - 12:46 PM

I think Command Gundam kind of appears in SDGF via Gunbike. Command and Captain have a master and apprentice relationship, with Command being a very hard edged commander. Captain himself emulates this by the time he's in charge for Super G-Arms and a comic makes fun of this, with his tired subordinates using a Command cardboard cutout to get him to back off for a bit icon-waspy.gif There's also the fact that Command is VERY trigger happy. It's an old gag but he's the kind of guy who would unload his entire arsenal if he saw a spider crawling across the floor. In fact, there's quite a bit of that in G-Arms since it's intended to be the SD world's America. Even Musha Maxter uses the idea, since it's implied he only went to Ark to learn cool and powerful techniques and doesn't care much about their culture.

I nearly collected the gashapons but I'm trying to cut back. Have way too much crap just for the sake of being 'completist'. Plus I'm annoyed The O and didn't get an actual kit.

Near certain those DVDs are fake, sadly. I got burned twice on eBay with convincing looking fakes. The first was an SDGF season 1 set which promised dual audio. It was just the US release crammed onto less discs. The other was I think a full series set...bad English subtitles on episodes recorded from Hong Kong TV icon-screamer.gif

#27 HellCat

HellCat

OMG!

• Citizen
  • 10452 posts

Posted 02 June 2011 - 07:11 AM

HLJ are having another SD sale, including practically the entire BBW line- http://www.hlj.com/s...Sale 06 2011 IB Of note, they've made a special bundle where you can get the original Ryuubi, Chouhi and Kanu for about the same price as just one of them.

#28 Esser-Z

Esser-Z

IT'S AN ESSER

• Citizen
  • 30738 posts
  • Faction::Free Agent

Posted 02 June 2011 - 03:19 PM

Why does the thread title not start with "Oh, Joy" like the others did?

#29 StarscreamX

StarscreamX
  • Citizen
  • 7833 posts

Posted 02 June 2011 - 03:50 PM

That was closed. Also we have surpassed joy and gone into words like ebullient.

#30 Esser-Z

Esser-Z

IT'S AN ESSER

• Citizen
  • 30738 posts

Posted 02 June 2011 - 03:56 PM

The original was Oh Joy, the sequel was Oh Joy...

#31 HellCat

HellCat

OMG!

• Citizen
  • 10452 posts

Posted 02 June 2011 - 05:49 PM

QUOTE(Esser-Z @ Jun 2 2011, 03:56 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
The original was Oh Joy, the sequel was Oh Joy...

It also said 'Heavyarms SD Custom'. So...meh.

#32 Zapper Zaku

Zapper Zaku

• Citizen
  • 167 posts

Posted 19 June 2011 - 04:24 PM

Wait Wait Wait! Hold Up! I just saw this info posted on one of the SDGF fan clubs on DA! And it was posted last week! Where the heck was I? (oh yeah. Customizing some gundams hehehe)

The quality's kinda bad but OMG! It's in English people! ENGLISH! On Cartoon Network...in the Phillipines...

It's going to be so weird hearing it in English. I'll see if I can find a better video.

Edited by Zapper Zaku, 19 June 2011 - 05:16 PM.

Shake contents well.

#33 Weremole

Weremole

Ah, what the heck. What is in a name?

• Citizen
  • 5848 posts

Posted 19 June 2011 - 05:04 PM

Phillipino Cartoon Network is some weird twillight zone in terms of content.

Also; that site up there is awesome. It even has great photoes of the Samurai Pizza Cats toys and the SD Gundam gallery is glorious.

It's amazing how much mad joy it seems to have gone into designing those kits. Let's have a guy whose guns go together to form larger guns, oh it's supposed to have a sound gimmick... let's stuff the voicebox into an EVEN BIGGER GUN and put it on the toys shoulder!

#34 Zodberg

Zodberg

The doctor is in.

• Citizen
  • 13803 posts

Posted 20 June 2011 - 01:43 AM

After a recent anime convention, I've decided to power through as much Gundam as possible - well at least until Char's Counterattack so I can find out who this Ques chick is. I'm watching in order of release but I might skip the non-UC stuff.

thoughts:
1. Kai Shiden is the man.
2. Garma and Char aren't gay at all. They have sex and everything 'cause they're good friends but there's no romantic connection.
3. The opening narration is actually spoken by Char. In the middle of the fight he just stops and begins recapping history and some people are like "What's he doing?" and his older staff are like "We don't know it just happens for like two minutes every week, just ignore it."
4. where's Duo?

#35 HellCat

HellCat

OMG!

• Citizen
  • 10452 posts

Posted 20 June 2011 - 05:58 PM

Wrong thread, you want the one currently titled 'CENTURY COLOR'.

Dubbed BBW...it sounds a bit cheesey but I'm interested.

#36 HellCat

HellCat

OMG!

• Citizen
  • 10452 posts

Posted 20 July 2011 - 10:57 AM

So in a sign of me giving up on BBW getting more episodes, I've started boxing my models up. I've yet to build Ryuubi's celestial ride (arrived right as we learned the show was basically dead, which kind of killed my interest) and I have the kit from the Blu-ray on the way but I think barring the big scale Ryuubis it's all going to be carefully boxed away. The surprise end of the series and the lack of any new SD since has prety much put my own interest on hiatus.

As said, I do have the Blu-ray set coming at least. There's also a seller on Amazon selling the Japanese SDGF set for as low as 63% discount, but they'll only ship within Japan icon-screamer.gif Someday, when I feel crazy and have ?3-400 to blow, maybe....But that's alot of money just to see the likes of Zako puppet segments.

On a related note, the press conference announcing the next Gundam TV show is now on YouTube. The big news? They list in order all the series that have aired on TV and include both SDGF and BBW icon-fire.gif Maybe that will help silence the fans who act like these shows are a nasty growth no one talks of.

#37 Zapper Zaku

Zapper Zaku

• Citizen
  • 167 posts

Posted 08 August 2011 - 11:45 PM

OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I found them! I found them! *runs around in a panic* Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo! I haz no monies! *sob* Why? WHYYYYYYYYY!?!?!

It's... it's the action figures! I found them! I found them! Look!!!!!!

http://stores.ebay.c...fsub=3149315018

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah! Zako. *dies*

Shake contents well.

#38 Zapper Zaku

Zapper Zaku

• Citizen
  • 167 posts

Posted 21 September 2011 - 02:15 AM

@__________@

I need some more Sangokuden episodes. Or at least a dvd with the English dub. Or I'll go insane!

Too late. Someone made some sd gundam 3D models and I found them here http://skuamk2.tuzikaze.com/various.html and herehttp://loda.jp/dasi/?id=1.

And this is what happened

I found a bunch of other ones including the ZZH zakos and a Ma Chou. At this rate, I might as well make my own episodes.

Shake contents well.

#39 Zapper Zaku

Zapper Zaku

• Citizen
  • 167 posts

Posted 11 October 2011 - 09:55 AM

-_-; Why am I just now finding this. I've been wanting to see this for ages!

So that's where they met Ma Chou! *sigh* The Liu Bei who actually did stuff. How I miss him.

Shake contents well.

#40 HellCat

HellCat

OMG!

• Citizen
  • 10452 posts

Posted 13 October 2011 - 03:58 PM

http://hobby-midori-...3/et-2436-b.JPG Yay

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users