Photo
* * * - - 3 votes

SD Gundam Discussion Thread ... uh... Part 2!

114 replies to this topic

#1 Zapper Zaku

Zapper Zaku

POW...! (by ~Ccamang on DA)

• Citizen
  • 170 posts

Posted 12 February 2011 - 11:41 AM

I have no idea what's going on with the other thread but here is a new one.

First off, for some reason, episode 44 is missing from Goodanime.net. I haven't checked other sites to see if it's missing there too but it's still annoying to see it not there.

Episode 45 does have subs, though. icon-hotrod.gif

And here is episode 46. I con't believe the series is almost over. There definately has to be something after the 52 episodes.

*Gasp* A duel between Sun Quan and Liu Bei?! Kick his butt, Sun Quan!! Make your uncle Gouf proud!

And... the rock dies? What the heck?

Oh, well. Cao Cao is going to have to face The Power Of Friendship!! (or allies. Whatever) I guess I need to buy that Red Cliff of Yu and Liang now. They are my favorite in that movie. Well, I do like the movie version of Cao Cao but that'd be pushing it. Hehehe.

Next episode I guess the fighting officially begins. O_O And we actually get another girl on the show?! I'm amazed. Now if only I could get the Daio Chan kit without spending money on a Bluray I can't use. -_-;

You think we'll ever see the G Gundams in this show?

Edited by Zapper Zaku, 12 February 2011 - 12:56 PM.

Shake contents well.

#2 HellCat

HellCat

That's pirate law, baby!

• Citizen
  • 13408 posts

Posted 15 February 2011 - 05:01 AM

I believe the G characters are unlockable in the DS game, so it's likely they'll appear at some point. Bandai seems to have hidden a ton of later characters in it and only really reveal the codes when they appear...which the G designs haven't...um....

If they do appear, I hope we get more kits. Last time we only got God Gundam, Nobel Gundam and an elephant. Versions of the 4 Kings/Kibao Horde appeared in the manga, having betrayed their country to serve evil. Kits of those would be nice. Was always kind of sad we never got toys or kits of the Kibao Horde..

#3 Zapper Zaku

Zapper Zaku

• Citizen
  • 170 posts

Posted 15 February 2011 - 09:40 PM

QUOTE(HellCat @ Feb 15 2011, 05:01 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I believe the G characters are unlockable in the DS game, so it's likely they'll appear at some point. Bandai seems to have hidden a ton of later characters in it and only really reveal the codes when they appear...which the G designs haven't...um....

If they do appear, I hope we get more kits. Last time we only got God Gundam, Nobel Gundam and an elephant. Versions of the 4 Kings/Kibao Horde appeared in the manga, having betrayed their country to serve evil. Kits of those would be nice. Was always kind of sad we never got toys or kits of the Kibao Horde..

You know, I always wondered where in the world they came up with the elephant. I was rewatching G Gundam and there is a elephant gundam (Is it called Mammoth Gundam? *shrug* Not sure) that appears for a split second during the tournaments. Of all the gundams they could have picked, they choose the one with barely any screentime.

Dragon Gundam and Shadow Gundam are my favorites from that show and I really wish they'd do something with them.

G Gundam gets no love. icon-screamer.gif

Yes! We need the Kibao Horde! And Commander Sazabi! And the Dogas! And Zakobusshis!

Edited by Zapper Zaku, 15 February 2011 - 09:41 PM.

Shake contents well.

#4 HellCat

HellCat

That's pirate law, baby!

• Citizen
  • 13408 posts

Posted 16 February 2011 - 04:37 PM

QUOTE(Zapper Zaku @ Feb 15 2011, 09:40 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE(HellCat @ Feb 15 2011, 05:01 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

You know, I always wondered where in the world they came up with the elephant. I was rewatching G Gundam and there is a elephant gundam (Is it called Mammoth Gundam? *shrug* Not sure) that appears for a split second during the tournaments. Of all the gundams they could have picked, they choose the one with barely any screentime.

Dragon Gundam and Shadow Gundam are my favorites from that show and I really wish they'd do something with them.

G Gundam gets no love. icon-screamer.gif

Yes! We need the Kibao Horde! And Commander Sazabi! And the Dogas! And Zakobusshis!

Well, said elephant turns into both an exo-suit and a tank. So I think, as whoever wrote the TV Tropes page said, they decided to go with something that merged the old fashioned and modern day versions of a war weapon....which gets weirder given the current series has given us actual tank siege weapons based on an MS tank from 0083.
I think the sad truth is that G doesn't get any respect now adays. If you look at the SD series that came out following it ( http://en.wikipedia...._Daishougun_Hen ), both the SD versions of Shining and God Gundam were said to be highly intelligent in addition to strong fighters. Nowadays though, if G is represented in anything crossover wise the characters are implied to be hotblooded idiots who just shout everything, fall for obvious traps and want to punch everything. Look at how they handled Baku in SDGF.

At least we have the old series to enjoy. You can get a Musha Dragon and Spiegel from that fairly easily (Dragon was even remolded to become Ryuubi's adopted son...and funnily enough, Spiegel into Chouhi's BIOLOGICAL son).

Edited by HellCat, 16 February 2011 - 04:51 PM.

#5 Zapper Zaku

Zapper Zaku

• Citizen
  • 170 posts

Posted 19 February 2011 - 01:49 AM

Episode 47 I can't believe it's almost over! Waaahaaa! icon-screamer.gif

Okay there's a giant bird head on Cao Cao's palace. That's not egotistical at all.

Wait. Did they just do the... "steal arrows with boats" scheme? (I loved that part in Red Cliff) Must be the plan of the Master Fisherman.

Oooo! Bombs and bullets. icon-hotrod.gif

Zhang Fei and Lady Sun... *shakes head* But you know, I think they'd make a pretty cute couple. Heheheh.

Oh, yeah. Gouf will definately scare people with his flowery spiked shoulder of death. Gives me the creeps just looking at it. *shudder* I wonder what Cao Cao will say if they show up to battle with the flowers on.

No preview yet but next episode is the Red Cliff battle. However I did check the Muso gallery. Yep, Gouf's still has the flower. I forgot, his he supposed to die this time around?

Edited by Zapper Zaku, 19 February 2011 - 01:50 AM.

Shake contents well.

#6 HellCat

HellCat

That's pirate law, baby!

• Citizen
  • 13408 posts

Posted 19 February 2011 - 06:09 AM

I'm assuming Gerbera ran off because her brother and Ryuubi are totally gay for each other? Not even his sworn brothers are into him that much.

In the manga, Gouf HIGHLIGHT to view:
kamikazes the special shell introduced here, after Hyaku Shiki is wounded by intense arrow fire.

#7 Zapper Zaku

Zapper Zaku

• Citizen
  • 170 posts

Posted 20 February 2011 - 01:44 PM

QUOTE(HellCat @ Feb 19 2011, 06:09 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I'm assuming Gerbera ran off because her brother and Ryuubi are totally gay for each other? Not even his sworn brothers are into him that much.

In the manga, Gouf HIGHLIGHT to view:
kamikazes the special shell introduced here, after Hyaku Shiki is wounded by intense arrow fire.

I wouldn't have said that Sun Quan was into Liu Bei 'cause up until now they weren't around each other.

Though I must say, that flower hand shake... didn't help things. icon-wildride.gif

Edited by Zapper Zaku, 20 February 2011 - 01:44 PM.

Shake contents well.

#8 Zapper Zaku

Zapper Zaku

• Citizen
  • 170 posts

Posted 26 February 2011 - 09:31 AM

Episode 48!

I'll have to say that I was glad when the Sun clan pulled out the bombs to stop the annoying arrow attack (seriously, the raining arrows of death are getting old) but man! I had to laugh when it turned out that Cao Cao's boats were metal and started running them over.

Dang it, Gouf! Nooo! I knew it! I knew he was going to die! Blasted flowers cause nothing but destruction! I'm running out of favorites from the Sun clan due to death!

O________O *gasp* Evil bird ship of death!!

Shake contents well.

#9 HellCat

HellCat

That's pirate law, baby!

• Citizen
  • 13408 posts

Posted 26 February 2011 - 10:26 AM

I want Acguy grunts, NOW!!

#10 Zapper Zaku

Zapper Zaku

• Citizen
  • 170 posts

Posted 26 February 2011 - 11:31 AM

*points* The Acguy dance was the best part!

Oh, and I forgot to mention, subs for 46 and 47 are out.

Also, I was looking up the episode list on Wikipedia. Bad news. It looks like it's only 51 episodes so there's only three more left instead of four. Next episode begins the big fight with Cao Cao; episode 50 -looks like Liu Bei's finally getting the celestrial armor; and I'm guessing episode 51 is going to wrap things up.

That really stinks. They'd better have something coming after this because there's still a lot of things missing. I mean, why even show the stuff about Ma Chao, the Doven Wolf, that turtle snake spirit thing, Britova's friend whose name escapes me, and of course our friend Sima Yi (come on, we know he's evil!!!!) if they are not going to explain it.

It's not fair, I tell you! And where on Earth are the action figures!? icon-screamer.gif

However, we might be getting it dubbed. According to someone on the koei warriors board, they have episode 2 dubbed. Check out the post near the bottom here: http://s13.zetaboard...opic/248977/28/

If and/or when I do find it, I'll definately let you know! At least that's some hopeful news.

Wait a second! Does this mean the Blu Rays might have dubs on them!?!

Edited by Zapper Zaku, 26 February 2011 - 12:04 PM.

Shake contents well.

#11 Zapper Zaku

Zapper Zaku

• Citizen
  • 170 posts

Posted 05 March 2011 - 05:22 AM

Episode 49

http://www.youtube.c...nel_video_title

The pirates should have known better than trying to run into the path on Cao Cao's ship.

How in the world is the Sun Quan's boat still floating like that after being split in two? They should have sunk like the rest.

I really liked the battle between Cao Cao and Yu. I was going to say he was doing pretty good until his sword broke. It's funny that his one little arrow shot stopped Cao Cao's ship while everything else didn't. Dang it! Yet another Sun clan member bites the dust! I sure hope Yu landing in the water means he might be alive.

All three swords lighting up does not look like a good sign.

And, finally we get to see Liu Bei and Cao Cao fight.

Shake contents well.

#12 HellCat

HellCat

That's pirate law, baby!

• Citizen
  • 13408 posts

Posted 05 March 2011 - 03:36 PM

A week ago, I was going to say I wasn't too worried about the series ending due to a few factors. For one, Wikipedia seems to be updating the episode count by standard Japanese TV seasons. But then one of my biggest reasons to be confident has just been shot down. I mentioned a while back that the new Ryuubi kit previews the two generals who have yet to appear. Given we know them from the first go around this didn't surprise me. But whilst building the kit tonight, I took special note of that section and that's when I saw it....both of them are listed with their BB number from the original line, putting out the suggestion Bandai is saying 'We aren't redoing them, but since we included the special armour for them...'. I really hope this isn't the case. If things are heading for an ending at this point, it'll be incredibly underwhelming.

#13 HellCat

HellCat

That's pirate law, baby!

• Citizen
  • 13408 posts

Posted 12 March 2011 - 05:38 PM

I'm assuming there was no episode this week, partly because of the terrible events and partly because a naval battle will lift no one's spirits right now icon-screamer.gif

#14 Zapper Zaku

Zapper Zaku

• Citizen
  • 170 posts

Posted 13 March 2011 - 04:44 AM

Yeah, I figured that there wouldn't be one, considering the circumstances. And this week too! I'm beginning to think Liu Bei's dragon armor just wasn't meant to be.

Shake contents well.

#15 Zapper Zaku

Zapper Zaku

• Citizen
  • 170 posts

Posted 19 March 2011 - 04:13 AM

With the disaster and everything, I didn't think we'd get to see this for a while.

Episode 50! Yay!

Yay! Cao Cao and Liu Bei fight!

OMG! He's....He's alive! Yu's Alive!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What the heck? Liu Bei's dragon sword broke... and he blew up.... AND the flower band broke?! icon-wildride.gif Awesome!

Dead people motivational underwater speech!

It's Fenn!!!! Finally! And Liu Bei doesn't even needs the seal 'cause he gets the theme song music!

No trailer yet but check out the Muso gallery! We soooo need more than one episode left! Look! There's Cao Pi AND the RED Sima Yi! I mean, come on! It wouldn't be right if we didn't get another season. Why tease us like this?

Edited by Zapper Zaku, 19 March 2011 - 05:07 AM.

Shake contents well.

#16 HellCat

HellCat

That's pirate law, baby!

• Citizen
  • 13408 posts

Posted 19 March 2011 - 04:52 AM

He finally found his true resolve icon-hotrod.gif

The spirits were touching, but I'm sure that scene must have been a bit unsettling for some in Japan at the moment.

Poor Sousou. Like Shinn Asuka, the people he sends to a watery grave keep coming back.

I'm actually wondering now if a sequel is in the works. The preview looks to match the end of part 2 of the manga, with Sousou's son taking over and Sazabi in red. It's been about a year. Maybe a few weeks break and then back for spring with a new title?

#17 Zapper Zaku

Zapper Zaku

• Citizen
  • 170 posts

Posted 26 March 2011 - 01:51 AM

Last Episode. *sniff*

It's time for the celestrial armour fight in space!

Ha ha! Cao Cao's armour blew up.

And there's Cao Pi and red Sima Yi. I really do hope they make another series 'cause I want to see the Sima kids too.

Man, the Sun clan has about a million graves... Dang it! I think Yu died again.

I got a little teary eyed with the recap credits at the end.

Shake contents well.

#18 HellCat

HellCat

That's pirate law, baby!

• Citizen
  • 13408 posts

Posted 27 March 2011 - 07:05 AM

I have to say if this is the ending, I'm really dissapointed. So many things were built up to and then thrown away. Why were Ryofu and Sousou established as Lords if one would kill the other and then in turn be killed himself by the other two? Why was Sazabi implied to have some hidden agenda and in turn why add that bit with him and Souhi at the end? Why have Bachou declare he was going to become a travelling hero too if his starring moments will now never be seen? Why introduce Kanpei beyond seemingly a reason to trot out another model kit and in kind Doven Wolf? ETC

It just seems like the series was a really half baked concept. It was going somewhere early on but it kept losing pace by constant fighting over the seal rather then sieze on Sangokuden's original elements? It was a bit of fun and gave me some nice avatars but ultimately it's messy, like they took the Sangokuden story, hollowed it out and threw stuff into the shell.

#19 HellCat

HellCat

That's pirate law, baby!

• Citizen
  • 13408 posts

Posted 30 March 2011 - 07:31 AM

Funny for all the complaining I've done, the sidestory this month made me like the ending more. It's the first piece of media I've seen run with the 'The SD Gundams are putting on a show' aspect in ages. The 'actress' GP-04 who plays Gerbera goes behind the scenes on the final episode to interview the actors. We find out such amusing things as ZZ and GP02 are wild drunks off camera and Zeta Plus has a ton of fangirls. At the centre of it all is RX-78-2, who is humbily playing Ryuubi.

#20 Zapper Zaku

Zapper Zaku

• Citizen
  • 170 posts

Posted 23 April 2011 - 05:45 PM

I've seen keeping a look out for anything about another Sangokuden series (or something!!). So far I did find it listed on someone's youtube page for upcoming anime for this summer. Still nothing official yet. But maybe.

I'm still sad about the box set being Bluray and all. T_T I still want the action figures too.

While I was searching, I came across some of the old sd gundam cartoons. I had seen some of the subbed ones before a few years ago (the ones with Onmitsu are my favorite) but I did watch some that I hadn't seen before too. I really like the one with Command, Musha and Knight Gundam. Nice to see SDGF's roots. Looks like the musha is again the butt of most of the jokes and command is afraid of cats?? Knight gundam rocks, though.

My favorite out of the ones I hadn't seen before has got to be this one. Since when was there a Gundam rock band!?!

Hey, does anyone know the name of the dragon-looking gundam guy getting annoyed by the band? I like him but I'm having trouble finding anything about who he is.

Edited by Zapper Zaku, 23 April 2011 - 05:50 PM.

Shake contents well.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users