The World of Warcraft Thread

2580 replies to this topic

#1001 Pennpenn

Pennpenn
  • Citizen
  • 7762 posts
  • Faction::Autobot

Posted 20 March 2012 - 03:49 AM

Glyph to turn a Druid's Moonkin form into... a Moonkin spirit. Aaaargh! Why why why? If you're gonna make a glyph that changes a form, make it a decent change, since chances are if a person wants a glyph that changes their Moonkin form it's because they don't like Moonkin form! Make it... I dunno, Farie Dragon form or something. That has precedent.

#1002 TheMightyMollusk

TheMightyMollusk

We stay our course, whatever may come

• Citizen
  • 16666 posts
  • Faction::Unicron's Spawn

Posted 20 March 2012 - 10:21 AM

QUOTE(Pennpenn @ Mar 20 2012, 04:49 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Glyph to turn a Druid's Moonkin form into... a Moonkin spirit. Aaaargh! Why why why? If you're gonna make a glyph that changes a form, make it a decent change, since chances are if a person wants a glyph that changes their Moonkin form it's because they don't like Moonkin form! Make it... I dunno, Farie Dragon form or something. That has precedent.

Good thing that's not what it said, then.

Glyph of Stars: Moonkin Form ability is replaced with Astral Form, conferring all the same benefits, but now appearing as an astrally enchanted version of your normal humanoid form.

I'm still not sold on pet battles, but otherwise I'm definitely looking forward to more to do at max level. And hey, I've been wanting to shoot Garrosh in the face since Nagrand.

#1003 Monocle

Monocle

ASM Contributing Editor

• Citizen
  • 3136 posts

Posted 20 March 2012 - 10:58 AM

QUOTE(TheMightyMollusk @ Mar 20 2012, 11:21 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Glyph of Stars: Moonkin Form ability is replaced with Astral Form, conferring all the same benefits, but now appearing as an astrally enchanted version of your normal humanoid form.

I'm still not sold on pet battles, but otherwise I'm definitely looking forward to more to do at max level. And hey, I've been wanting to shoot Garrosh in the face since Nagrand.

They are really going to have to make sure with this glyph that either the person using it can not mount, or Moonkins can now mount, because that would have a significant impact on PvP then.

Honestly that glyph was just put in for all the people who whined that their character wasn't pretty enough in Moonkin form. These are the same people who complained Tree form axed because it was too ugly. At least Treeform is coming back as a glyph too.

Besides there is one glyph that is much better news.

The Moonbeast: You can now cast Healing Touch, Rejuvenation, and Tranquility without canceling Moonkin Form.

That one is huge, it is going to make my life so much easier now. Would have made getting Dragonwrath so much easier if I could have done the solo part in Moonkin form. They should add Rebirth to it too and it would be perfect. Much better then a cosmetic one that was created because people want to be pretty, this one has some actual in-game use.

Edited by Monocle, 20 March 2012 - 10:58 AM.

Contributing Editor
Altered States Magazine
http://www.alteredstatesmag.com

#1004 Goblez

Goblez
  • Supporter
  • 11900 posts

Posted 21 March 2012 - 12:26 AM

Beta opt-in is up for those who don't have annual pass.

http://wow.joystiq.com/2012/03/21/mists-of...d-official-faq/

#1005 Pennpenn

Pennpenn
  • Citizen
  • 7762 posts

Posted 21 March 2012 - 08:02 AM

QUOTE(TheMightyMollusk @ Mar 20 2012, 10:21 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Ok, that's better. Brain no worky sometime.

#1006 Goblez

Goblez
  • Supporter
  • 11900 posts

Posted 21 March 2012 - 07:17 PM

http://wow.joystiq.com/2012/03/21/mists-of...ttle-net-pages/

Beta client is already showing up apparently o-o

LET THE DATA RIPPING COMMENCE!

http://www.mmo-champion.com/content/2693-Welcome-to-Pandaria

minimap and icons so far

Edited by Goblez, 21 March 2012 - 08:50 PM.

#1007 Monocle

Monocle

ASM Contributing Editor

• Citizen
  • 3136 posts

Posted 21 March 2012 - 11:21 PM

My Beta is active, and I am downloading the client as we speak.

Hmmm so much for massive leaks during the Alpha, and Blizzard can not stop them. We are are in a public Beta now, so Blizzard did managed to stop any early leaks before they wanted them.

Contributing Editor
Altered States Magazine

#1008 Goblez

Goblez
  • Supporter
  • 11900 posts

Posted 21 March 2012 - 11:29 PM

QUOTE(Monocle @ Mar 22 2012, 12:21 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Hmmm so much for massive leaks during the Alpha, and Blizzard can not stop them. We are are in a public Beta now, so Blizzard did managed to stop any early leaks before they wanted them.

Gotta give blizz credit for finally stopping alpha leaks icon-fire.gif

I didnt get in invite icon-screamer.gif I will probably be the next few waves of AP users

#1009 Monocle

Monocle

ASM Contributing Editor

• Citizen
  • 3136 posts

Posted 21 March 2012 - 11:57 PM

QUOTE(Goblez @ Mar 22 2012, 12:29 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE(Monocle @ Mar 22 2012, 12:21 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Gotta give blizz credit for finally stopping alpha leaks icon-fire.gif

I didnt get in invite icon-screamer.gif I will probably be the next few waves of AP users

Only reason I think I got in this soon is I have been a customer continuously since release date. Don't worry, you will get in there. Besides, it is going to be an unstable mess for a while at start anyway.

Edited by Monocle, 21 March 2012 - 11:58 PM.

Contributing Editor
Altered States Magazine

#1010 Goblez

Goblez
  • Supporter
  • 11900 posts

Posted 22 March 2012 - 12:04 AM

yeah seems there is already problems for PC users. apparently for Mac's its all fine and dandy.

MMO champ is leaking all the stuff now anyway

*drooooolz*

Edited by Goblez, 22 March 2012 - 12:06 AM.

#1011 Monocle

Monocle

ASM Contributing Editor

• Citizen
  • 3136 posts

Posted 22 March 2012 - 01:29 AM

QUOTE(Goblez @ Mar 22 2012, 01:04 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
yeah seems there is already problems for PC users. apparently for Mac's its all fine and dandy.

MMO champ is leaking all the stuff now anyway

Really good thing I have a Mac then! icon-fire.gif

Still not going to be able to start testing till tomorrow night though, if the actual servers are up that is. I could transfer my guys over now, but I really want to make sure they end up in a PvE server, if they have one with this testing. Past Beta tests did have distinct servers, not sure if MoP will follow suit.

Contributing Editor
Altered States Magazine

#1012 Goblez

Goblez
  • Supporter
  • 11900 posts

Posted 22 March 2012 - 01:52 AM

not my pics

but the character creation looks better now with preview mug shots.

EDIT: red fur can have a tail as well

Been watching some Panda gameplay and this xpac is a lot more along than Cata's beta was o-o

Edited by Goblez, 22 March 2012 - 03:35 AM.

#1013 Pennpenn

Pennpenn
  • Citizen
  • 7762 posts

Posted 22 March 2012 - 06:27 AM

Honestly, even if I like Pandaren or they'd pick a race that I didn't think was idiotic, I would probably still avoid the beta. It seems kind of a waste to go through an inferior version of everything I'm going to have to do again about five times over with no reward.

#1014 Goblez

Goblez
  • Supporter
  • 11900 posts

Posted 22 March 2012 - 07:25 PM

so Shammies get some weird trade offs.

We can now control a Fire or Earth ele at 90 if we pick a talent but the Enhance wolves lost their pet bar icon-screamer.gif

some new armor sets. loving the Shaman set

http://www.mmo-champion.com/content/2701-C...-Models-Preview

Edited by Goblez, 22 March 2012 - 10:54 PM.

#1015 Ave Destron!

Ave Destron!
  • Citizen
  • 4976 posts
  • Faction::Decepticon

Posted 23 March 2012 - 03:50 AM

well with pandaren on the eventual horizon, my inability to turn down a wow expansion launch, and a bunch of my friends just randomly deciding to play (I think it's because of the recruit a friend promotion), I'm back in the world of azeroth.

This was the longest break yet, but I'm a warrior this time around and I'm sort of getting back to my roots.
Does anyone see City-Swimmer? Is he gliding beneath the silver water? Is he creeping 'round a corner, hugging a wall, silent as a shadow in the dark?

#1016 Monocle

Monocle

ASM Contributing Editor

• Citizen
  • 3136 posts

Posted 23 March 2012 - 09:50 AM

I've started to do my testing. Right now there is really not much open. Just the first two dungeons and the Pandaren starting zone. Pandaria itself is locked up. The only way to get to the first zone is to die while doing the Temple of the Jade Serpent and then Spirit Resurrect. However doing that isn't much help, as of right now no quests are active. I decided not to do that trick, as I am here to do testing.

I did try out the new Balance Druid stuff. Unfortunately, right now the Glyph of the Stars does allow Balance Druids to mount in form. I'll be reporting that little bug asap to kill it. Right now a lot of the classes are a bit of a mess, I lucked out that my main's stuff was more complete, then say Priests, which are really screwy atm. One word to Hunters, you will be cannibalizing a lot of stats via reforging to get all the Expertise needed to get to cap, but it is doable. Fortunately, that will only be an issue for a couple weeks when the MoP set up patch hits and the actual expansion. I wasn't able to do much with Sayil though, Hunters just don't have much implemented yet.

I decided to work in the Pandaren area, as that is where Blizzard wishes the main thrust of testing to occur right now. Made a Brewmaster, so I am going to be working with him to uncover all sorts of bugs. So far the area is in a pretty good state for this being a Beta.

Edited by Monocle, 23 March 2012 - 09:51 AM.

Contributing Editor
Altered States Magazine

#1017 Goblez

Goblez
  • Supporter
  • 11900 posts

Posted 26 March 2012 - 01:50 AM

a green axe that drops in Netherstorm used to always take up my bags back in TBC....now the same axe goes for 6000 gold on my server.

Transmorg has really made the economy on old items weird @_@

#1018 Pennpenn

Pennpenn
  • Citizen
  • 7762 posts

Posted 26 March 2012 - 04:41 AM

Gordon-bennet... what is this axe called? Just out of curiosity.

#1019 Goblez

Goblez
  • Supporter
  • 11900 posts

Posted 26 March 2012 - 05:41 AM

QUOTE(Pennpenn @ Mar 26 2012, 05:41 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Gordon-bennet... what is this axe called? Just out of curiosity.

Glorious War Axe

http://www.wowhead.com/item=25220

I wanted it for a Draenei Warrior

#1020 Pennpenn

Pennpenn
  • Citizen
  • 7762 posts

Posted 26 March 2012 - 06:47 AM

What about grinding up Shattered Sun rep? It's the same model and colours I think.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users