3066 replies to this topic

#1 Fangwing

Fangwing

The Allspark: We are Injector

• Retired Staff
  • 30400 posts
  • Faction::Predacon

Posted 07 February 2011 - 05:21 PM

So yeah, our database is groaning under the weight of you chatterboxes. This is the new WoW thread!

Edited by Fangwing, 30 May 2013 - 10:58 AM.

Brwoooomp!

#2 Pennpenn

Pennpenn
  • Citizen
  • 8000 posts
  • Faction::Autobot

Posted 07 February 2011 - 05:44 PM

Picking up where the other thread left off, Master of Transmutation is the way to go. I got a X5 Truegold transmute one day, and a X3 the very next. 8 Truegold for the price of 2!

#3 Fangwing

Fangwing

• Retired Staff
  • 30400 posts

Posted 07 February 2011 - 05:46 PM

QUOTE(Pennpenn @ Feb 7 2011, 04:44 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Picking up where the other thread left off, Master of Transmutation is the way to go. I got a X5 Truegold transmute one day, and a X3 the very next. 8 Truegold for the price of 2!

Considering I haven't procced on elixirs in MONTHS, that sounds appealing. How much does it cost to change specializations?
Brwoooomp!

#4 The Ambassador

The Ambassador

Pose as a team, because JIVE JUST GOT REAL

• Citizen
  • 5678 posts
  • Faction::RIBFIR

Posted 07 February 2011 - 06:03 PM

Not a huge amount. 175G.

But four free bars at the current rate on my server is basically 3000G for free. The server resets at 11pm over here, so my recent transmute granted me a single bar. Oh no. Still, only five bars until I have enough Truegold to make my Vial of the Sands.

But with the huge amount of "free" Volatiles and Truegold you can potentially get, Master of Transmutation is where it's at.
QUOTE(Galenraff @ Mar 13 2008, 02:10 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
You don't buy a Porsche *just* for how it looks, after all. It's got to perform, too. Maybe tie you up, if you're into that.

"Pack up the tea, boys! We're joining the Space Marines!"

#5 Pennpenn

Pennpenn
  • Citizen
  • 8000 posts

Posted 07 February 2011 - 07:01 PM

Also Transmute Living Elements will sometimes give you 14-16 extra of a random other Volatile on top of the ones you were transmuting into. The second batch is random, regardless of location, but still, free volatiles!

#6 Rust

Rust

Slightly Off

• Supporter
  • 35032 posts

Posted 08 February 2011 - 06:21 AM

Break yourself upon a new thread

Dis Thread...so delicious.

Edited by Rust, 08 February 2011 - 06:21 AM.

photo lup_zps837154f7.jpg
We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark; the real tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light. –Plato

#7 Pennpenn

Pennpenn
  • Citizen
  • 8000 posts

Posted 08 February 2011 - 06:44 AM

One baffling thing that my guild discovered today was the way that the Guild Achievement "United Nations" (55 Reputations to Exhalted) appears to work. Now, logically, you'd figure such an achievement would factor in the Exhalted reps of the guild, then add one to the total for every unique reputation up to exhalted (say for example, Mr J has Timbermaw to Exhalted, that would be one point, Ms R has Ashtongue Deathsworn, that would be another, and Mr J and Ms R have both got Therazane up to Exhalted, that would be another single point).

This does not, bizzarly, seem to be the case, as the acheivement appears to need one single person in the guild to have 55 unique Exhalted reputations, not 55 unique exhalted reputations across the guild as a group. As in the case of my guild, I had 39 Exhalted Reputations, a fellow guild member had 39 as well, but a few differed. I got to Revered first, the Achievement shot up to 39. Fellow guildy got to Revered, meter didn't move. What the hooha?

I can't possibly fathom the reasoning behind this, especially since the achievement already requires you to get to Revered with your guild. Well, unless you count the cynical grind trap reasoning, but I would have thought Blizz would have been less jerkish than this.

Edited by Pennpenn, 08 February 2011 - 06:46 AM.

#8 theEvergreen

theEvergreen

cursed with the bad luck chromosome.

• Citizen
  • 1061 posts

Posted 08 February 2011 - 06:47 AM

QUOTE(Pennpenn @ Feb 8 2011, 06:44 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
One baffling thing that my guild discovered today was the way that the Guild Achievement "United Nations" (55 Reputations to Exhalted) appears to work. Now, logically, you'd figure such an achievement would factor in the Exhalted reps of the guild, then add one to the total for every unique reputation up to exhalted (say for example, Mr J has Timbermaw to Exhalted, that would be one point, Ms R has Ashtongue Deathsworn, that would be another, and Mr J and Ms R have both got Therazane up to Exhalted, that would be another single point).

This does not, bizzarly, seem to be the case, as the acheivement appears to need one single person in the guild to have 55 unique Exhalted reputations, not 55 unique exhalted reputations across the guild as a group. As in the case of my guild, I had 39 Exhalted Reputations, a fellow guild member had 39 as well, but a few differed. I got to Revered first, the Achievement shot up to 39. Fellow guildy got to Revered, meter didn't move. What the hooha?

I can't possibly fathom the reasoning behind this, especially since the achievement already requires you to get to Revered with your guild. Well, unless you count the cynical grind trap reasoning, but I would have thought Blizz would have been less jerkish than this.

Hmm, this worries me, because as it is now, we are at 50 and was hoping the next 5 exhalteds would get us there, but now that I know my fear for this achievement is realized, I don't know how we will get it.

#9 Fangwing

Fangwing

• Retired Staff
  • 30400 posts

Posted 08 February 2011 - 08:10 AM

That is a bug, and I believe today's patch fixes it. Not much of a "guild" cheevo if it requires one person's contribution.
Brwoooomp!

#10 Rust

Rust

Slightly Off

• Supporter
  • 35032 posts

Posted 08 February 2011 - 11:06 AM

Hopefully they also fix the Love is in the Air stuff. Such as being able to purchase things from the Vendor or even complete the Thunderbluff Daily that requires you to take a bracelet to Carine.
We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark; the real tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light. –Plato

#11 Dekafox

Dekafox

熱血最強

• Citizen
  • 534 posts

Posted 08 February 2011 - 11:27 AM

The patch does fix the event bugs. The United Nations issue is also a bug, but I hadn't heard when it was going to be fixed. Hopefully it will be in 4.06 so I don't have to grind the last 5 myself.

On the Truegold thing I'd been doing the life -> air instead because Truegold bars were basically selling for mats cost on my server, and that way I was guaranteed some gold if it didn't proc. With the patch increasing air droprate though, I might have to look into Truegold again.

The changes to feral PvP hopefully won't be as painful as they look to be... most of them I can deal with, but the powershifting one makes me a sad kitty. Especially since it's ONLY feral that has to deal with it.
QUOTE(The Fluid Druid blog)
Oh, and since it appears that the feral PvP nerf is going live: I can?t wait to PvP another feral, have both our Nature?s Grasp effects proc at the same time, and engage in a slap fight. That?s about all I can look forward to enjoying.

Also it's a pain finding competent people that aren't already guilded and/or happy with where they are. Last week we tried pugging to find people for a second raid group, and only got one person out of that horrible mess(before it degraded into a BoT trash farm) that was worthwhile.

#12 Vestras

Vestras

Stone by Day, Friendship by Night

• Supporter
  • 8459 posts
  • Faction::Vehicon

Posted 08 February 2011 - 11:52 AM

So, the patch IS landing today? Well, guess I need to gurd my loins for a fresh round of wall-to-head contact. Will this also include fixes to Love is in the Air? I saw it was bugged to Hellfire Peninsula and back.

Also, this means the Meta Gems will, you know, be GOOD again right?
Clearing out some old TFs and Mugenbine in my BST Thread. You know you want some of these.

#13 Big Show

Big Show

Had about enough of your crap, Mario.

• Citizen
  • 6689 posts
  • Faction::Decepticon

Posted 08 February 2011 - 11:58 AM

Patch day today. Working overnight Thursday. Looks like this week is a wash for raiding for me.

Oh, well.
QUOTE(David Willis)
There's a distinct difference between buying something and SUPERbuying.
And SUPERbuying is not quite as extreme as buying the HUG outta something.
There's a hierarchy.

#14 -VP-

-VP-

Every time it takes my knees out

• Retired Staff
  • 7923 posts

Posted 08 February 2011 - 12:18 PM

Yep, patch today. Ret is supposed to be better. The game play is supposed to smooth out, but I was finding as my gear got a little better, the play and the dps was increasing pretty well. 26k on 10 man halfus was tops for my guild the other night. Oh well, another week or two to get used to a new way to play/gem/gear. AS far as my dk goes, HB gets a nerf which pretty much eliminates any niche Frost had going for it. The buff to 2h frost might be enough to make me go back to that since the speed of the gameplay was so much more fun than DW's constant lack of resources..

energonsig.jpg

#15 TheMightyMollusk

TheMightyMollusk

Hold your head high, reach for the sky, never surrender

• Citizen
  • 17069 posts
  • Faction::Unicron's Spawn

Posted 08 February 2011 - 01:05 PM

Goodbye, survival, you have served me well.

#16 Dekafox

Dekafox

熱血最強

• Citizen
  • 534 posts

Posted 08 February 2011 - 04:26 PM

For a while race-changed Worgen were bugged and couldn't queue. Apparently it was related to a bug back in Beta where it was messed up because race-changed Worgen hadn't done the starter quests. Well some enterprising Worgen remembered that there was a workaround in the Beta to get into the starter zone phase and do the quests still, and posted it on the forums.

Good news is is the trick worked... bad news is it bugged my character for a little bit. After doing the trick I was apparently still in the same terrain phase, but in the proper NPC phase to do the questline. I was able to do it all the way up to where you get freed from the stocks. (And as a side note you can't fly in the starter phase.) After the cinematic I was standing on a box floating in water in nonexistant stockades while the NPCs swam to me to do the little scene. After I was "freed" I took a step off the box, and promptly DCed from server... and kept DCing when I tried to log in. A quick GM ticket later though and I was sitting outside Stormwind. On the plus side it doesn't seem like it bugged anything(except I don't know what'll happen if I try flying into Gilneas again). On the minus side, I still don't get a top hat. icon-screamer.gif

#17 Pennpenn

Pennpenn
  • Citizen
  • 8000 posts

Posted 08 February 2011 - 06:15 PM

It would appear the United Nations is still bugged. Hurrah!

#18 Fangwing

Fangwing

• Retired Staff
  • 30400 posts

Posted 08 February 2011 - 06:16 PM

So it would appear. Might not've been as easy a fix as we thought.

Got my armadillo, though! He is so cute!
Brwoooomp!

#19 -VP-

-VP-

Every time it takes my knees out

• Retired Staff
  • 7923 posts

Posted 08 February 2011 - 09:35 PM

Whoa, pally buff go! 18k on the last boss in H HoR. Still embarrassed on aoe though.....

energonsig.jpg

#20 Rust

Rust

Slightly Off

• Supporter
  • 35032 posts

Posted 08 February 2011 - 10:29 PM

So some guildies and I decided to try our hand at Baradin Hold tonight.

For a guild roster of almost 900, only three of us were brave enough to attempt it, all the rest were PUGs brought in from the outside. Now I understand that's the nature of Casual Guilds, but this is getting rather silly. We keep getting more and more Level 85s, but the Guild as a whole seems less and less inclined to run together for damn near anything. Most of the folks that run together are friends/family and once they have a set group, they're disinclined to bring anyone in from the outside.

Combine that with a Guild Leader who is a nice guy, but has some delusions about the Guild (He does Hour Long Podcasts for the Guild and wants to be the first guild at both Guild Level 25 and Maxed Membership at 1000) and I'm beginning to wonder if the guild has any sort of staying power. Especially when one of our PUG BH Members had a guild at equal level with us - Level 15 - with significantly less members.

I dunno, I guess I'm wondering if we aren't getting a little too big for our britches. We've got a lot of bloat - people will funnel five to six alts into the guild at a time. We're an Altaholics Paradise - and the recruitment drives are Shotgun pattern, so we pick up drifters of all level ranges that are very active players, but can't participate in the Guild's Max Level shenanigans.

At this point, simply inertia will keep the guild active for a long time to come, but I do have to wonder where the guild's going to be in six months. This whole "Serious Casual" label the GL has sounds good in Guild Recruitment, but what it ends up being is getting a lot of players who don't really want to commit to anything. We've got a Tank that's more interested in soloing all the old content dungeons he can rather then tank for Guild Heroics/Regulars.

But, now that I've thoroughly derailed my train of thought...all in all, the first boss of Baradin Hold isn't that bad. I daresay he has easier mechanics then his VoA counterparts. We couldn't get him down below 300k health, mainly because the PUG was having serious connectivity issues. People were DCing left and right. We would have had him multiple times if not for that fact (As an aside: No one in my guild were among those that DCed).

But the main reason I wanted to share this story is probably the most hilarious Rage Quit in WoW History. Bring in a Druid Healer after one of our initial healers DCed mid-fight (And we *STILL* got him down to 300k! The DPS was there!). We make an attempt, Druid Healer keels over right away. We wonder why, turns out she's not specced into getting a Dispel.

One of my Guildies is an Enhancement/Resto Shaman, and he offers to Heal/Dispell. We ask the Druid if she'd like to go Kitty. Druid suddenly goes on a rage:

<Druid> "I've done this multiple times with a Priest and Me 2 Healing!"
<Raid Member> "...We don't have a Priest."
<Raid Leader> "Would you like to DPS?"
<Druid> "Screw this! I'll do it with my regular group with a Priest to Dispel!"
*Druid Drops Raid*
<Raid Leader> Really? Since when does "Do you think you could DPS?" turn into "RAAAAAAAGEQUIIIIIIT"?

I want to just stress: Nobody was giving her a hard time about her spec/her healing. We literally just asked her if she'd mind DPSing and she dropped.

Reply to this topic

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Google (1)