Photo

GOTTA CATCH 'EM ALL... POKEMON BANK RELEASED IN NA, AUSTRALIA, EU!

pokemon pokemon x pokemon y nintendo

7125 replies to this topic

#81 TM2-Megatron

TM2-Megatron

Happy Nightmare Night!

• Supporter
  • 9392 posts
  • Faction::Equestrian

Posted 13 February 2011 - 12:19 AM

Gimmick, if I ever heard one. I wish they'd focus on making a quality movie, instead of 2 movies simultaneously to further pimp Zekrom and Reshiram. Movies 10 and 11 were the best of the series; I wish they'd try to recapture the feel of those.

Edited by TM2-Megatron, 13 February 2011 - 12:32 AM.

#82 Goblez

Goblez
  • Supporter
  • 12042 posts

Posted 13 February 2011 - 12:23 AM

is that Acerus and Darkrai movies?

#83 TM2-Megatron

TM2-Megatron

Happy Nightmare Night!

• Supporter
  • 9392 posts

Posted 13 February 2011 - 12:29 AM

10 is Darkrai vs. Dialga vs. Palkia, and 11 is Giratina. Arceus was 12, and not quite as good as the preceeding two, IMO.

#84 Goblez

Goblez
  • Supporter
  • 12042 posts

Posted 13 February 2011 - 12:40 AM

All I have seen is the Arceus one and it wasn't too bad. I heard terrible things about the last one that came out

#85 Confuzor

Confuzor

Now put em in Smash Bros!

• Supporter
  • 5063 posts

Posted 13 February 2011 - 01:42 AM

QUOTE(TM2-Megatron @ Feb 13 2011, 12:16 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I meant the overall feel, mostly. The Rockets, for example, are much more accurately portrayed in the B&W dub. A big gripe with fans of the original Japanese is that TR isn't nearly as goofy as they've been portrayed in the dub.

Changes to names and places is relatively minor, compared to that.

I for one am surprised Team Rocket ninja'd away instead of sent "blasting off again". I was sick of Wobbufett anyway.

I understand that they nerf'd Pikachu but Ash was dumber than he'd been in a long time. "I'm just going to throw Pokeballs and hope to catch something. I'm not gonna bother fighting them and lower their defenses like I've done countless times in 4+ regions!" -______-

#86 Daith

Daith

Hero of Makeb

• Supporter
  • 5638 posts
  • Faction::Maximal

Posted 13 February 2011 - 02:23 AM

QUOTE(Confuzor @ Feb 13 2011, 12:42 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE(TM2-Megatron @ Feb 13 2011, 12:16 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I meant the overall feel, mostly. The Rockets, for example, are much more accurately portrayed in the B&W dub. A big gripe with fans of the original Japanese is that TR isn't nearly as goofy as they've been portrayed in the dub.

Changes to names and places is relatively minor, compared to that.

I for one am surprised Team Rocket ninja'd away instead of sent "blasting off again". I was sick of Wobbufett anyway.

I understand that they nerf'd Pikachu but Ash was dumber than he'd been in a long time. "I'm just going to throw Pokeballs and hope to catch something. I'm not gonna bother fighting them and lower their defenses like I've done countless times in 4+ regions!" -______-

Ya that was a definite low point of today's episode. Ash was just such a bonehead going about trying to catch the most common bird in the region. And really Pikachu needs to be nerf'd some. Guys been uber powered for so long. Sure he's not unbeatable but when he goes against type that should hand his butt to him and win it kinda irks me.
3DS Friend Code : 1633-4354-6578 Username: Daith Pokemon X - Trainer Name :Phil

#87 corgsopal

corgsopal

It was catastro-, catastro-feeling good

• Supporter
  • 5043 posts
  • Faction::Lesbian Ninja

Posted 13 February 2011 - 06:49 PM

Soooooo, I'm stuck. My HM slaves are gone. I have no new areas to catch a new one. I'd planned to go back to Jubilife and catch something on the way to Canalave, and failing that I was going to revive a Cranidos and power level it up to a Rampardos (they can learn cut strength and surf). But I'm in Eterna City and I can't get out. So what do I do? Use one of my dead ones to get me out and rebox it? Or call it quits?
Reclaim the suffix.

#88 SoS

SoS
  • Supporter
  • 2565 posts
  • Faction::Free Agent

Posted 13 February 2011 - 09:34 PM

I'll give this nuzlocke challenge a try, not sure which version I'll try it on yet.

After clicking on TM2-Meg's even link, I had totally forgotten that Ash's Pikachu was even on... and is now over. Did anyone happen to get a spare one they can donate?

--SoS
3DS Friend Code: 4854-7656-1095 | Username: SoS | Trainer Name (Pokemon X): Makayla

#89 TM2-Megatron

TM2-Megatron

Happy Nightmare Night!

• Supporter
  • 9392 posts

Posted 13 February 2011 - 09:38 PM

QUOTE(SoS @ Feb 13 2011, 09:34 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I'll give this nuzlocke challenge a try, not sure which version I'll try it on yet.

After clicking on TM2-Meg's even link, I had totally forgotten that Ash's Pikachu was even on... and is now over. Did anyone happen to get a spare one they can donate?

--SoS

The Canadian version of this event is still going on (it started later, on the 9th, and is continuing 'til the 20th). I'm planning to drop by a TRU on my home tomorrow evening, so hopefully I'll be able to get 3; one on each of my games.

#90 SoS

SoS
  • Supporter
  • 2565 posts
  • Faction::Free Agent

Posted 13 February 2011 - 09:45 PM

QUOTE(TM2-Megatron @ Feb 13 2011, 09:38 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE(SoS @ Feb 13 2011, 09:34 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

--SoS

The Canadian version of this event is still going on (it started later, on the 9th, and is continuing 'til the 20th). I'm planning to drop by a TRU on my home tomorrow evening, so hopefully I'll be able to get 3; one on each of my games.

Awesome!

You're my hero man. If it weren't for you I wouldn't have any event Pokemon. icon-hotrod.gif

--SoS
3DS Friend Code: 4854-7656-1095 | Username: SoS | Trainer Name (Pokemon X): Makayla

#91 EvilEyeSigma

EvilEyeSigma

I'm made of metal, my circuits gleam.

• Citizen
  • 12436 posts
  • Faction::RIRFIB

Posted 13 February 2011 - 09:50 PM

QUOTE(Hand Laser Corg @ Feb 13 2011, 06:49 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Soooooo, I'm stuck. My HM slaves are gone. I have no new areas to catch a new one. I'd planned to go back to Jubilife and catch something on the way to Canalave, and failing that I was going to revive a Cranidos and power level it up to a Rampardos (they can learn cut strength and surf). But I'm in Eterna City and I can't get out. So what do I do? Use one of my dead ones to get me out and rebox it? Or call it quits?

Might as well just start over.
QUOTE(Contrary Mary @ Jul 10 2010, 09:24 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
boobs count as accessories.

QUOTE(Dvandom @ Oct 26 2010, 05:58 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Unless you are kaiju-sized, a shinkansen is not a sex toy.

---Dave
3DS Friend Code: 4828 4709 8331

#92 Goblez

Goblez
  • Supporter
  • 12042 posts

Posted 15 February 2011 - 08:16 PM

http://pokebeach.com...earning-the-tcg

new pokemon TCG game in flash coming in april. sadly cant vs friends icon-screamer.gif

#93 Otaku

Otaku

The Repentant Fool

• Citizen
  • 2210 posts
  • Faction::Vehicon

Posted 15 February 2011 - 09:29 PM

True, but its a free, official flash game that sounds like it'll be a beta test. Its a step in the right direction at least. I'd encourage everyone to support it: it won't do much for veteran players unless they are like me and just needing something that amounts to "TCG Exercise". If its popular and seems like its generating more interest in the game, it'll be worth TPC/Nintendo investing more money in. Given all the unofficial ways to play, I can see the logic in ignoring it or pursuing it: handled right and it will be useful, but blow it and its a waste of resources.
Jesus loves you!

No, really!

#94 TM2-Megatron

TM2-Megatron

Happy Nightmare Night!

• Supporter
  • 9392 posts

Posted 18 February 2011 - 01:41 AM

Well, for the first time in a while I've actually pre-ordered a videogame. Normally I don't bother, but Futureshop had a special online price where you got $5 off when ordering Black or White, so I'll be getting White for only $29.95. Tbh, I prefer that to some cheap pre-order bonus like wall clings or whatever else some other stores are giving away with these games.

What am I gonna do with wall clings, honestly?

Edited by TM2-Megatron, 18 February 2011 - 02:03 AM.

#95 Goblez

Goblez
  • Supporter
  • 12042 posts

Posted 18 February 2011 - 02:02 AM

I get a DSi case..well 2 of them since I preordered white and black. not like I'm going to carry my DS in one icon-waspy.gif since I have an XL >.>

#96 TheMightyMollusk

TheMightyMollusk

The devil himself would have to call them scum

• Citizen
  • 16940 posts
  • Faction::Unicron's Spawn

Posted 18 February 2011 - 09:00 AM

I like the little mini-figures Game Stop was giving away with HGSS and Platinum. I still have Lugia and Giratina on my TV.

#97 Defensis Prime

Defensis Prime

Multiversal Singularity-haters = horrible puppykickers

• Citizen
  • 1444 posts
  • Faction::Autobot

Posted 18 February 2011 - 01:45 PM

That wasn't just GameStop. Walmart and Best Buy offered the Lugia and Ho-Oh figs with SS/HG (Walmart also threw a Pok?walker cover in their offering) and Best Buy had Giratina as well for Platinum (little fuzzy as regards Walmart, there).

Japan had an Arceus figurine if you preordered both HG & SS, but over here, that fig was just stuffed into a TCG giftset.

(Probably it'll turn out that Walmart and Best Buy will do the wall clings, too.)
-- L A S E R AUTOBOT LEADER DEFENSIS PRIME : Psychotic Completist®
"...Transformers should have retina-searing colorschemes--your eyes bleed after one glance..."

#98 1stStageMidboss

1stStageMidboss
  • Citizen
  • 2794 posts

Posted 18 February 2011 - 01:48 PM

I wish we'd got the figures for HGSS, it'd be nice to have a Lugia next to my Giratina. I have no idea if we're getting the wall clings for B/W, but then again I don't care in the slightest, so... eh.
@1ststagemidboss Tumblr
3DS Friend Code: 3952-7308-5185 - Let me know if you add me.
PSN: AWindfall

#99 EvilEyeSigma

EvilEyeSigma

I'm made of metal, my circuits gleam.

• Citizen
  • 12436 posts
  • Faction::RIRFIB

Posted 19 February 2011 - 03:06 PM

I have the Lugia figure, it's a really nice sculpt for something that was technically free.
QUOTE(Contrary Mary @ Jul 10 2010, 09:24 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
boobs count as accessories.

QUOTE(Dvandom @ Oct 26 2010, 05:58 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Unless you are kaiju-sized, a shinkansen is not a sex toy.

---Dave
3DS Friend Code: 4828 4709 8331

#100 Goblez

Goblez
  • Supporter
  • 12042 posts

Posted 21 February 2011 - 12:57 AM

so like...I got Entei last night right before he went away off the wireless. so I was wondering.. >.> can anyone give me a Celebi (event version) and a Shiney Raikou? I forgot how to use sendpkm on my laptop XD. and I remember some people here were offering pokes on line before >.> *stares at TM2*

Reply to this topic

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: pokemon, pokemon x, pokemon y, nintendo

2 user(s) are reading this topic

2 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users