Photo

The My Little Pony Thread: By the Allsparkle!

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
4956 replies to this topic

#1341 Daytonus

Daytonus

Boring

• Retired Staff
  • 11761 posts
  • Faction::Cannonball's Pirate Crew

Posted 19 February 2011 - 12:02 AM

Pony Friends!

Please give to the Allspark Charity Drive! To entice you to do so, I have even made custom versions of the signature for your favorite characters. Please use these sigs here or at any other forums you frequent. THANK YOU!

CODE
<iframe src="http://allsparktoybox.com/charity/box.php?pony=aj" style="border:0px;width:400px;height:200px;display:inline-block;overflow:hidden"></iframe>

CODE
<iframe src="http://allsparktoybox.com/charity/box.php?pony=ts" style="border:0px;width:400px;height:200px;display:inline-block;overflow:hidden"></iframe>

CODE
<iframe src="http://allsparktoybox.com/charity/box.php?pony=pp" style="border:0px;width:400px;height:200px;display:inline-block;overflow:hidden"></iframe>

CODE
<iframe src="http://allsparktoybox.com/charity/box.php?pony=fs" style="border:0px;width:400px;height:200px;display:inline-block;overflow:hidden"></iframe>

CODE
<iframe src="http://allsparktoybox.com/charity/box.php?pony=rd" style="border:0px;width:400px;height:200px;display:inline-block;overflow:hidden"></iframe>

CODE
<iframe src="http://allsparktoybox.com/charity/box.php?pony=ra" style="border:0px;width:400px;height:200px;display:inline-block;overflow:hidden"></iframe>

CODE
<iframe src="http://allsparktoybox.com/charity/box.php?pony=sp" style="border:0px;width:400px;height:200px;display:inline-block;overflow:hidden"></iframe>

Edited by Daytonus, 19 February 2011 - 12:23 AM.

#1342 Mark Pellegrini

Mark Pellegrini

TMNT Entity guy

• Citizen
  • 13591 posts

Posted 19 February 2011 - 12:09 AM

I've already donated twice and can't afford to do so again, I'm afraid, but I'm totally adding that Twilight one to my sig.

Thanks!
TMNT Entity
Ninja Turtle comic reviews, essays, articles and more!

-Mark Pellegrini

#1343 Scavgraphics

Scavgraphics

Sometimes bad ponies make the best good ponies!

• Supporter
  • 4195 posts
  • Faction::Equestrian

Posted 19 February 2011 - 12:09 AM

QUOTE(Don_East @ Feb 18 2011, 11:06 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Also, I'm not sure if anyone did this joke:

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

#1344 ZeroX

ZeroX
  • Citizen
  • 1768 posts

Posted 19 February 2011 - 12:10 AM

Glad I have an easy episode to place in the timeline this week. Since Rainbow Dash needed Applejack's help in training to impress the Wonder Volts with a new trick in Applebuck season, this episode has to take place afterwards. Also since the leaves on the trees in this episode are green and we see Pegasi preparing for winter by building snowflakes, this episode must happen before Fall Weather Friends and Winter Wrap-Up. My updated timeline is:

Friendship is Magic
The Ticket Master
Look Before You Sleep
Suited For Success
Dragonshy
Feeling Pinkie Kean
Boast Busters
Bridle Gossip
Griffon Brush-off
Swarm of the Century
Applebuck Season
Sonic Rainboom
Fall Weather Friends
Winter Wrap-Up
Call of the Cutie

I'm surprised no one's mentioned the new flying Pegasus Time Lord or how Rainbow Dash actually fears banishment to the Everfree forest by Princess Celestia for screwing up in the competition. I knew there was more backstory to Zecora than we were led to believe...

#1345 TM2-Megatron

TM2-Megatron

Happy Nightmare Night!

• Supporter
  • 9306 posts

Posted 19 February 2011 - 12:12 AM

#1346 mariomarc

mariomarc
  • Citizen
  • 900 posts
  • Faction::Maximal

Posted 19 February 2011 - 12:13 AM

i can't actually donate, but i'll advertise for you
I LOVE EVERYPONY!

#1347 TM2-Megatron

TM2-Megatron

Happy Nightmare Night!

• Supporter
  • 9306 posts

Posted 19 February 2011 - 12:17 AM

QUOTE(Zecora @ Feb 19 2011, 12:10 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Glad I have an easy episode to place in the timeline this week.

I've actually seen at least one person speculate that Pinkie's hyperactive ramblings about Dash at the very beginning of Griffon the Brush-Off could be a reference to the heroic rescue in this episode.

#1348 Shaladin

Shaladin
  • Protoform
  • 26 posts
  • Faction::Free Agent

Posted 19 February 2011 - 12:19 AM

QUOTE(TM2-Megatron @ Feb 18 2011, 08:57 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
On the plus side, Equestria Daily also had this, which is pretty darn cool:

(Lineart)

I hope someone colours that.

Well it's not the best, just a half hour job. but if you like it I'll continue working till it's finished.

Edited by Shaladin, 19 February 2011 - 12:53 AM.

#1349 Mark Pellegrini

Mark Pellegrini

TMNT Entity guy

• Citizen
  • 13591 posts

Posted 19 February 2011 - 12:23 AM

QUOTE(TM2-Megatron @ Feb 19 2011, 12:17 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I've actually seen at least one person speculate that Pinkie's hyperactive ramblings about Dash at the very beginning of Griffon the Brush-Off could be a reference to the heroic rescue in this episode.

That would actually make some pretty good sense.

You can tell at the beginning of "Griffon the Brush Off" that Pinkie has been harassing/stalking Rainbow for quite some time between episodes, so a catalyst for that rather... random obsession would fit nicely.

TMNT Entity
Ninja Turtle comic reviews, essays, articles and more!

-Mark Pellegrini

#1350 Guardian Prime

Guardian Prime

Ponies & Freedom Are The Right Of ALL Sentient Beings!

• Supporter
  • 1304 posts

Posted 19 February 2011 - 12:24 AM

QUOTE(TM2-Megatron @ Feb 18 2011, 09:12 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Rarity wearing all that stuff kinda makes her look like one of those Las Vegas show girls.

#1351 ZeroX

ZeroX
  • Citizen
  • 1768 posts

Posted 19 February 2011 - 12:25 AM

QUOTE(TM2-Megatron @ Feb 19 2011, 12:17 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Doesn't work. Pinkie and Rainbow Dash prank Applejack by painting the apples on her apple trees in Griffon Brush-off, which means it has to take place before Applebuck Season when all of the apples are harvested. However, in Applebuck Season we see Rainbow Dash practicing a new trick involving loops and spins to quote "Impress the Wonder Volts." Since Rainbow Dash's Sonic Rainboom clearly accomplished that in this episode and far surpassed any trick involving generic loops and spins, Sonic Rainboom has to take place after Applebuck season, which means it can't take place before Griffon Brush-off.

#1352 Edwin

Edwin

It absolutely will not stop! Ever! Until it has TOYS!

• Supporter
  • 1043 posts
  • Faction::Autobot

Posted 19 February 2011 - 12:28 AM

Good episode. Between the Sonic Rainboom and Fluttershy's "yay." this episode ranks pretty well, IMO. icon-hotrod.gif

Interested to see the lead time before it's up at the iTunes store.

Oh, and donated again.

Mike "E"

#1353 TM2-Megatron

TM2-Megatron

Happy Nightmare Night!

• Supporter
  • 9306 posts

Posted 19 February 2011 - 12:30 AM

QUOTE(Zecora @ Feb 19 2011, 12:25 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
However, in Applebuck Season we see Rainbow Dash practicing a new trick involving loops and spins to quote "Impress the Wonder Volts." Since Rainbow Dash's Sonic Rainboom clearly accomplished that in this episode and far surpassed any trick involving generic loops and spins, Sonic Rainboom has to take place after Applebuck season, which means it can't take place before Griffon Brush-off.

Rainbow's probably always working on new stunts, though; and almost all of them are meant to help her impress the Wonderbolts. It was stated in this episode that she'd accomplished the Sonic Rainboom once before, years ago as a filly... so the Rainboom has probably been more of a constant background project for her while she also works to refine other things. There's nothing that guarantees 100% that the trick she solicited Applejack's help with in Applebuck Season was meant for this occasion.

Edited by TM2-Megatron, 19 February 2011 - 12:31 AM.

#1354 ZeroX

ZeroX
  • Citizen
  • 1768 posts

Posted 19 February 2011 - 12:36 AM

QUOTE(TM2-Megatron @ Feb 19 2011, 12:30 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE(Zecora @ Feb 19 2011, 12:25 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
However, in Applebuck Season we see Rainbow Dash practicing a new trick involving loops and spins to quote "Impress the Wonder Volts." Since Rainbow Dash's Sonic Rainboom clearly accomplished that in this episode and far surpassed any trick involving generic loops and spins, Sonic Rainboom has to take place after Applebuck season, which means it can't take place before Griffon Brush-off.

Rainbow's probably always working on new stunts, though; and almost all of them are meant to help her impress the Wonderbolts. It was stated in this episode that she'd accomplished the Sonic Rainboom once before, years ago as a filly... so the Rainboom has probably been more of a constant background project for her while she also works to refine other things. There's nothing that guarantees 100% that the trick she solicited Applejack's help with in Applebuck Season was meant for this occasion.

Nothing about the timeline is even remotely 100%, but there is that whole "impressing the Wonder Volts" thing she was talking about in Applebuck Season. And at the end of this episode she had them quite literally clinging to her.

#1355 Scavgraphics

Scavgraphics

Sometimes bad ponies make the best good ponies!

• Supporter
  • 4195 posts

Posted 19 February 2011 - 12:50 AM

Not really good enough quality to get good avs yet...

#1356 TM2-Megatron

TM2-Megatron

Happy Nightmare Night!

• Supporter
  • 9306 posts

Posted 19 February 2011 - 12:51 AM

The little touches on the animation are always welcome. I notice that when the Wonderbolts dive to save Rarity, the "camera" shudders when each one of them pass by where it would be were this live-action.

Edited by TM2-Megatron, 19 February 2011 - 12:51 AM.

#1357 mariomarc

mariomarc
  • Citizen
  • 900 posts

Posted 19 February 2011 - 01:00 AM

i was looking at other Pony threads, and apparently, the Penny Arcade Forums have beaten us, by getting 83 pages in 2 weeks
I LOVE EVERYPONY!

#1358 Master Fwiffo

Master Fwiffo

Doom On You

• Retired Staff
  • 17349 posts
  • Faction::RIBFIR

Posted 19 February 2011 - 01:06 AM

Daytonus, You. Are. Amazing.

#1359 Klaoth

Klaoth
  • Protoform
  • 42 posts

Posted 19 February 2011 - 01:15 AM

I still find it interesting that Rarity wins that "who looks best in lingerie" thing and then appears in that horrid outfit in this episode. It's like they know what /co/ does. I also love that it says "who looks best" and not "who would look best." Did they really expect all the voters to go look up the images to make an informed decision? I guess not cause if they had Trixie would be winning.

Oh, and if anyone is curious they've banned "artistic nudes" on ponychan so that place should be relatively safe to look around.

I'd go stab my eyes out now or something, but then I couldn't watch the HD stream of Sonic Rainboom.

QUOTE(mariomarc @ Feb 19 2011, 12:00 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
i was looking at other Pony threads, and apparently, the Penny Arcade Forums have beaten us, by getting 83 pages in 2 weeks

Well they kind of cheat. A large number of their posts have little to do with ponies. There are pages and pages of Battlestar Galactica and Phineas and Ferb.

Edited by Klaoth, 19 February 2011 - 10:08 AM.

#1360 mariomarc

mariomarc
  • Citizen
  • 900 posts

Posted 19 February 2011 - 01:45 AM

QUOTE(Klaoth @ Feb 18 2011, 10:15 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE(mariomarc @ Feb 19 2011, 12:00 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Well they kind of cheat. A large number of their posts have little to do with ponies. There are pages and pages of Battlestar Galactica and Phineas and Ferb.

now i can't help but think some is going to cross those with MLP
I LOVE EVERYPONY!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users