Photo

The My Little Pony Thread: By the Allsparkle!

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
4956 replies to this topic

#3461 pao

pao

Life is a struggle.

• Supporter
  • 832 posts
  • Faction::Equestrian

Posted 08 May 2011 - 09:28 AM

QUOTE(mariomarc @ May 8 2011, 02:53 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Obvious prediction: Lauren has another project spooling up about the time the episodes get into production.

#3462 TM2-Megatron

TM2-Megatron

Happy Nightmare Night!

• Supporter
  • 9307 posts

Posted 08 May 2011 - 11:09 AM

QUOTE(RC85747 @ May 8 2011, 05:12 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Is there any chance for the show getting Emmy nominations?

It sure deserves them. Good children's programming does tend to be recognized at the Emmies, though, so I'll be watching out for them. The PPG was nominated more than a few times, IIRC; and it may've won a couple, I'm not sure. FiM easily deserves several nominations (and wins), starting for its music.

Edited by TM2-Megatron, 08 May 2011 - 11:10 AM.

#3463 Powered Convoy

Powered Convoy

President of the Deflowering Club

• News and Content
  • 46066 posts
  • Faction::RIRFIB

Posted 08 May 2011 - 12:40 PM

I tried to give this show a chance after all the buzz here, but it just couldn't keep my attention. I fell asleep watching an episode late last week (it was on Demand, the episode were Pinkie Pie is predicting the future and the purple unicorn and dragon try to prove her wrong). I liked the animation, but I didn't see what all the fuss was about.

Randy

#3464 Masked Toaster

Masked Toaster

maker of toast both brown and crisp

• Citizen
  • 1270 posts

Posted 08 May 2011 - 12:55 PM

You picked one of the lesser episodes to start with. That episode's had a lot of turmoil over it's moral and what others think it means.
Sonic Rainboom, so long as you ignore the gaudy showgirl outfit, is a better start. Or Party of One.

#3465 Princess Luna

Princess Luna
  • Citizen
  • 174 posts

Posted 08 May 2011 - 01:00 PM

I've heard people say that if you try to watch an episode of a new show, you tend to watch one of the worst episodes out there.

#3466 Masked Toaster

Masked Toaster

maker of toast both brown and crisp

• Citizen
  • 1270 posts

Posted 08 May 2011 - 01:14 PM

My first was Applebuck, Griffin or Ticket Master. I started watching it, then decided against jumping in the middle and watched from Night Mare Moon.
Most shows that start new, I'd try watching the first episode if the theme was something I liked, like Rex, Young Justice, Teen Titans...
House, I never watched or payed attention to till one day. And I have no clue what episode it was, but I know there are a lot of bad parts to that show.
X-Files, I forced myself to watch, started to like it, then started to hate it. Same with Buffy. Haven, I watched because it was Steven King. It barely ranked 'decent' but I stuck it out, and it stayed at decent.
Doctor Who, I jumped into and was enthralled from the start, but I'd been wanting to see it for a while after hearing brief references.
Star Wars: Clone Wars, I went into not even liking Star Wars. I gave it a chance purely because it's all 3D. Still wouldn't particularly like it if not for the 3D.

Edited by Masked Toaster, 08 May 2011 - 01:21 PM.

#3467 AnkhChalice

AnkhChalice
  • Citizen
  • 1565 posts
  • Faction::Free Agent

Posted 08 May 2011 - 01:15 PM

I watched every episode in order lol.

#3468 Guardian Prime

Guardian Prime

Ponies & Freedom Are The Right Of ALL Sentient Beings!

• Supporter
  • 1305 posts
  • Faction::Free Agent

Posted 08 May 2011 - 01:24 PM

I watched them all in order as well..lol. All the way back from when the very first episode originally aired on the Hub. Even before that, the FiM commercials that aired on that channel before it became the Hub (when it was originally Discovery Kids) immediately grabbed my attention.

#3469 mariomarc

mariomarc
  • Citizen
  • 900 posts
  • Faction::Maximal

Posted 08 May 2011 - 01:39 PM

http://www.equestria...-2-updates.html
I LOVE EVERYPONY!

#3470 Princess Luna

Princess Luna
  • Citizen
  • 174 posts

Posted 08 May 2011 - 01:47 PM

Wowee, everyone on Equestria Daily is freaking out over Season 2. I mean, I've seen people wonder if they're going to get rid of the main six, even! That's kinda insane...

#3471 Nayuki

Nayuki
  • Supporter
  • 563 posts

Posted 08 May 2011 - 02:05 PM

Oh no, I'm being quoted on ED now..... quite a bit more attention than I'm usually comfortable with.

I can understand why people are panicking, they don't have access to all the information, so a lot of things can be misinterpreted. My comments certainly aren't 100% clear (1. because even I only know part of the story, and 2. there is very little I can say being an employee on the show).

#3472 LoomX

LoomX

Go on, have a jump!

• Supporter
  • 473 posts
  • Faction::Vehicon

Posted 08 May 2011 - 02:14 PM

I think they all need to relax and remember that it's not just Lauren who makes the show. I doubt that season 2 is suddenly going to turn into a sickly sweet girly show or anything without Lauren behind the wheel. I mean, from what I've read she's still involved with the show and I can't see her allowing what she's created go down the toilet.

On a different note what does everyone think about Derpy being made an official character and what will that mean for her in season 2?

#3473 Cybersnark

Cybersnark

New information acquired.

• Citizen
  • 8002 posts

Posted 08 May 2011 - 02:19 PM

QUOTE(Princess Luna @ May 8 2011, 02:47 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Wowee, everyone on Equestria Daily is freaking out [. . .] That's kinda insane...

You're new to internet fandom, aren't'cha?

icon-arcee.gif

#3474 Nayuki

Nayuki
  • Supporter
  • 563 posts

Posted 08 May 2011 - 02:23 PM

QUOTE(LoomX @ May 8 2011, 12:14 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
On a different note what does everyone think about Derpy being made an official character and what will that mean for her in season 2?

Her role in season 2 (to my understanding) is the same as season 1. A kind of 'Where's Waldo' visual gag for the fans. Instead of being edited into the scenes in post production she's actually showing up in the storyboards. I don't know if she will get an official name or speaking lines, but the Derpy joke scenes are now being planned out ahead of time instead of just thrown in as we go. I'm certainly not in the decision making process, this is just what I'm seeing from my perspective.

#3475 Blueshift

Blueshift
  • Citizen
  • 2091 posts

Posted 08 May 2011 - 02:24 PM

QUOTE(Nayuki @ May 8 2011, 02:05 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Oh no, I'm being quoted on ED now..... quite a bit more attention than I'm usually comfortable with.

I can understand why people are panicking, they don't have access to all the information, so a lot of things can be misinterpreted. My comments certainly aren't 100% clear (1. because even I only know part of the story, and 2. there is very little I can say being an employee on the show).

Quick, change your avatar to Lyra in a pair of shades and a trenchcoat!

#3476 TM2-Megatron

TM2-Megatron

Happy Nightmare Night!

• Supporter
  • 9307 posts

Posted 08 May 2011 - 02:59 PM

Ah, I wish people on the internet wouldn't panic so much, lol. Personally, I have faith that Season 2 will be quite good.

#3477 mariomarc

mariomarc
  • Citizen
  • 900 posts
  • Faction::Maximal

Posted 08 May 2011 - 03:03 PM

http://www.equestria...ate-part-2.html

Edited by mariomarc, 08 May 2011 - 03:03 PM.

I LOVE EVERYPONY!

#3478 Hiatus

Hiatus
  • Citizen
  • 970 posts

Posted 08 May 2011 - 03:15 PM

QUOTE(Nayuki @ May 8 2011, 11:23 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Her role in season 2 (to my understanding) is the same as season 1. A kind of 'Where's Waldo' visual gag for the fans. Instead of being edited into the scenes in post production she's actually showing up in the storyboards. I don't know if she will get an official name or speaking lines, but the Derpy joke scenes are now being planned out ahead of time instead of just thrown in as we go. I'm certainly not in the decision making process, this is just what I'm seeing from my perspective.

Oh my god... I hope that the Derpy will be the only one fanservice "nod" to the fans. "Rainbow Dash lesbian"/Trollestia/Cupcakes... this will kill the show :<

Nayuki: if your opinion matters there -- tell them please.

Edited by Kein, 08 May 2011 - 03:18 PM.

#3479 LoomX

LoomX

Go on, have a jump!

• Supporter
  • 473 posts
  • Faction::Vehicon

Posted 08 May 2011 - 03:17 PM

QUOTE(Nayuki @ May 8 2011, 08:23 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

This sounds good to me. As much as I would like a Derpy episode, I think giving her a bigger role could possibly spoil the character (see Boba Fett in the Star Wars prequels). It's great that the people working on the show are giving her appearances more thought and I'd like to see her ocassionally interact with the main cast, similar to when she dropped the stuff on Twilight in Feelin' Pinkie Keen.

#3480 pao

pao

Life is a struggle.

• Supporter
  • 832 posts

Posted 08 May 2011 - 03:21 PM

QUOTE(pao @ May 8 2011, 09:28 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE(mariomarc @ May 8 2011, 02:53 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Obvious prediction: Lauren has another project spooling up about the time the episodes get into production.

And obvious prediction is wrong. Darn! From her DA:

QUOTE(Lauren Faust)
*clarification: Story concepts and writers' meetings were completed several weeks ago, so my role is complete. I am not currently working on this show in any capacity at this time. Sorry for the confusion. While I'm at it, folks are asking if I left to work on another show. This is not the case. I had no other projects in the works when I stepped down.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users