Photo

The My Little Pony Thread: By the Allsparkle!

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
4940 replies to this topic

#2101 TM2-Megatron

TM2-Megatron

Happy Nightmare Night!

• Supporter
  • 9398 posts
  • Faction::Equestrian

Posted 09 March 2011 - 06:12 PM

All will be revealed in the next 2-3 months, anyway; at least all about Season 1, lol. Even Lauren Faust can't give out too much future info, judging by her dA. I think the most she's ever really said is hinting at stuff that may happen in the next week or two's worth of episodes. She hinted at Sweetie Belle's introduction shortly before Call of the Cutie, for instance; and also mentioned not long ago that we'd be seeing some of the parents of the main cast sometime soon.

#2102 Nayuki

Nayuki
  • Supporter
  • 563 posts

Posted 09 March 2011 - 06:13 PM

QUOTE(PhantomFox @ Mar 9 2011, 03:08 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Part of me wants to grill you for info, but I know A) You won't tell us anything you're not supposed to and B) that wouldn't be very nice of us.

^Pretty much this.

I have noticed some other pony employees spread out amongst the other sites and forums, and I couldn't leave you guys out.

I'm one of the Studio B crew.

#2103 TM2-Megatron

TM2-Megatron

Happy Nightmare Night!

• Supporter
  • 9398 posts

Posted 09 March 2011 - 06:16 PM

lol, that's a great pose for Lyra. Out of a background shot from Fall Weather Friends, IIRC.

Edited by TM2-Megatron, 09 March 2011 - 06:16 PM.

#2104 Nayuki

Nayuki
  • Supporter
  • 563 posts

Posted 09 March 2011 - 06:18 PM

QUOTE(TM2-Megatron @ Mar 9 2011, 03:16 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
lol, that's a great pose for Lyra. Out of a background shot from Fall Weather Friends, IIRC.

Of course it is. I'm the one who put it in. Most of the silly Lyra stuff is stuff I posed out for the animators. She is my go to pony for silly stuff.

#2105 invinible

invinible
  • Citizen
  • 57 posts
  • Faction::Free Agent

Posted 09 March 2011 - 06:26 PM

QUOTE(Scavgraphics @ Mar 9 2011, 03:14 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I was watching Dress For success last nite, and it still hits me a bit muddled. The problem is at the start, with the dresses Rarity makes for everyone....they don't like them.

We eventually get the "don't look a gift horse in the mouth" moral, but again, they didn't like them. It's like if you got an ugly sweater for christmas, and then was expected to wear it in public....or were given inedible cupcakes to eat, and were told to swallow them because they're a gift and that's what you're supposed to do.

Did you actually see what the other ponies ended up having her make?

Only Rainbow Dash's looked good out of the group. And that was mainly because she mainly stayed out of Rarity's way in the redesign.

Twilight Sparkle's and Applejack's could have easily been saved with some tweets if they had let Rainbow Dash go out there on her own first instead of all going at once.

Fluttershy's needed some work need to get but was just barely saveable.

Pinky Pie's however just plain needed to go period as there was nothing to save there.

#2106 TM2-Megatron

TM2-Megatron

Happy Nightmare Night!

• Supporter
  • 9398 posts

Posted 09 March 2011 - 06:35 PM

QUOTE(Nayuki @ Mar 9 2011, 06:18 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE(TM2-Megatron @ Mar 9 2011, 03:16 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Of course it is. I'm the one who put it in. Most of the silly Lyra stuff is stuff I posed out for the animators. She is my go to pony for silly stuff.

Even in the aired HD versions of the episode, it doesn't seem quite possible to make out the symbol on her drink, but your version looks to be clearer and it seems to be wheat. I take it she's drinking a wheat shake or something, lol.

QUOTE(invinible @ Mar 9 2011, 06:26 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I dunno if hers was salvageable. I mean, she was wearing a bird's nest with eggs in it for a hat. Whether the eggs were real or fake is mostly immaterial; either way it's ridiculous, lol. I thought Fluttershy's was perhaps the worst out of all their "custom" dresses, which is a bit funny given her great technical knowledge.

#2107 Scavgraphics

Scavgraphics

Sometimes bad ponies make the best good ponies!

• Supporter
  • 4810 posts

Posted 09 March 2011 - 06:53 PM

QUOTE(invinible @ Mar 9 2011, 07:26 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE(Scavgraphics @ Mar 9 2011, 03:14 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I was watching Dress For success last nite, and it still hits me a bit muddled. The problem is at the start, with the dresses Rarity makes for everyone....they don't like them.

We eventually get the "don't look a gift horse in the mouth" moral, but again, they didn't like them. It's like if you got an ugly sweater for christmas, and then was expected to wear it in public....or were given inedible cupcakes to eat, and were told to swallow them because they're a gift and that's what you're supposed to do.

Did you actually see what the other ponies ended up having her make?

See..that's irrelevant. That goes to the "if you try to please everypony, you'll please nopony" moral. But whether Rarity's first gowns are "good" or not is a matter of fashion tastes (We're told by Hoity Toity that they're excellent...compare to "high fashion" on Paris runways--"excelence" is often ridiculous).

The story turns into a story about artists compromising their visions, but from the start point it goes into a "dealing with unwanted gifts" story (like an uncle sweater from grandma at XMas) or even a be true to yourself/don't conform to fashion trends story.

QUOTE(TM2-Megatron @ Mar 9 2011, 07:35 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE(invinible @ Mar 9 2011, 06:26 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I dunno if hers was salvageable. I mean, she was wearing a bird's nest with eggs in it for a hat. Whether the eggs were real or fake is mostly immaterial; either way it's ridiculous, lol. I thought Fluttershy's was perhaps the worst out of all their "custom" dresses, which is a bit funny given her great technical knowledge.

Hers kinda proves my point about the "quality" of the dresses...Fluttershy's, as copying "French Haute Couture" is representative of "high fashion"...at one point that was the wows of the fashion world, only to be ridiculous later.

Edited by Scavgraphics, 09 March 2011 - 06:56 PM.

#2108 Scavgraphics

Scavgraphics

Sometimes bad ponies make the best good ponies!

• Supporter
  • 4810 posts

Posted 09 March 2011 - 06:58 PM

QUOTE(Guardian Prime @ Mar 9 2011, 07:11 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
So now we're getting some of the MLP FiM people who actually work on the show coming into the Allspark! icon-bee.gif
This is getting better and better. icon-hotrod.gif Only one word can describe this.............

We will take the lead in fandom...as I said before...what else is Twilight Sparkle's cutie mark if not an AllSpark?

#2109 Guardian Prime

Guardian Prime

Ponies & Freedom Are The Right Of ALL Sentient Beings!

• Supporter
  • 1462 posts

Posted 09 March 2011 - 07:22 PM

QUOTE(Scavgraphics @ Mar 9 2011, 03:58 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
We will take the lead in fandom...as I said before...what else is Twilight Sparkle's cutie mark if not an AllSpark?

And.....on that note...

I had made this and put it in the pony-ture thread sometime ago. But, since we're on the subject, I decided to bring it here. icon-hotrod.gif

#2110 PhantomFox

PhantomFox
  • Citizen
  • 202 posts
  • Faction::Autobot

Posted 09 March 2011 - 08:00 PM

From Swarm of the Century:

http://www.ponychan....29968938632.png

Look familiar? icon-arcee.gif

Edited by PhantomFox, 09 March 2011 - 08:01 PM.

A new story updating Mondays.

#2111 TM2-Megatron

TM2-Megatron

Happy Nightmare Night!

• Supporter
  • 9398 posts

Posted 09 March 2011 - 08:04 PM

So Swarm definitely takes place after Suited for Success. Rarity is probably storing the dresses for the others until the Gala.

#2112 mariomarc

mariomarc
  • Citizen
  • 900 posts
  • Faction::Maximal

Posted 09 March 2011 - 08:19 PM

MIND. BLOWN.
I LOVE EVERYPONY!

#2113 Princess Luna

Princess Luna
  • Citizen
  • 174 posts

Posted 09 March 2011 - 08:44 PM

Speechless.

#2114 AnkhChalice

AnkhChalice
  • Citizen
  • 1565 posts

Posted 09 March 2011 - 09:09 PM

My mind has exploded.

#2115 Masked Toaster

Masked Toaster

maker of toast both brown and crisp

• Citizen
  • 1270 posts

Posted 09 March 2011 - 09:11 PM

First off:

QUOTE(Nayuki @ Mar 9 2011, 05:41 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE(TM2-Megatron @ Mar 9 2011, 02:31 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
That's pretty cool, actually. I'd love to have a pony version of myself appear as a background character in the show, lol. If I were an animator on it, I doubt I'd be able to resist doing so.

I've managed to resist so far. Besides, I wouldn't be a very attractive looking pony anyway.

So then Lyra isn't the embodiment of how you'd act if you were a pony,
not counting how everyone pairs her up with Bonbon.

Did we establish whether Suited came after or before 'Look before you sleep'?
Because Rarity's line about Applejack, 'got to mind those intimate details,
even though she's more concerned with sales' has been bugging me.

Finally:

#2116 Nayuki

Nayuki
  • Supporter
  • 563 posts

Posted 09 March 2011 - 09:35 PM

QUOTE(Masked Toaster @ Mar 9 2011, 06:11 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
So then Lyra isn't the embodiment of how you'd act if you were a pony,
not counting how everyone pairs her up with Bonbon.

My horrible slouching habit may have worked it's way into the bench scene... really I just like to add something silly into crowd scenes when I have time. Of course, everything still needs approval from supervisors/directors/hasbro/etc, so we never add anything outrageous.

The Lyra/Bonbon pairing I'd say is mostly coincidental. When setting up a crowd scene I tend to place ponies next to each other based on their colors as well as the colors of the surroundings. You want the colors to compliment each other but also not draw attention away from the focus of the scene. Lyra/Bonbon look good next to each other, which is why it just seems to happen most of the time. I do like how it's played out amongst the fans (I can kinda see them as being best friends).

#2117 TM2-Megatron

TM2-Megatron

Happy Nightmare Night!

• Supporter
  • 9398 posts

Posted 09 March 2011 - 09:51 PM

They certainly make an amusing pair in comics. Lyra's coloring is probably one of my favorites among the background ponies, along with Rose.

#2118 Masked Toaster

Masked Toaster

• Citizen
  • 1270 posts

Posted 09 March 2011 - 10:57 PM

@Nayuki
So, the question on everypony's mind:

#2119 Lisbon Virgo

Lisbon Virgo

Temperamental Kuvrawk. You've been warned.

• Supporter
  • 2847 posts
  • Faction::Cannonball's Pirate Crew

Posted 09 March 2011 - 11:16 PM

More importantly, Nayuki, can you give us a proper episode timeline once the season has fully aired?
3DS Friend Code: 5155 - 3611 - 9787
I was Ursa'ed on 10/22/13!

#2120 Masked Toaster

Masked Toaster

• Citizen
  • 1270 posts

Posted 09 March 2011 - 11:19 PM

That's the other thing I was gonna ask,
but then the browser went all weird on me
and lost what I typed.

Even a timeline of current episodes would me nice.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users