Toggle shoutbox Squawkbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

Please don't post Youtube videos in the chat box. The forums software auto embeds them. 

@  Rycochet : (25 October 2016 - 07:21 PM)

I hope whatever line follows Titans Return gives us more large Autobot Targetmasters, I want a new Crosshairs even if it ends up being a retool of the inevitable Kup.

@  zephyrX9 : (25 October 2016 - 07:14 PM)

john warden's love of his job is so pure, so good

@  Pennpenn : (25 October 2016 - 06:23 PM)

I hate how small objects disappear into some kind of space-time breach when dropped, making it nearly impossible to find them.

@  NotVeryKnightly : (25 October 2016 - 04:42 PM)

I recall a Blurr in that '86 movie boxset. Drift retool Blurr that is. Is that set still happening?

@  Bass X0 : (25 October 2016 - 02:05 PM)

I suppose Chromedome would work again repainted red as Pointblank. I'd have preferred that to their Breakaway.

@  Blues : (25 October 2016 - 01:34 PM)

I'm still expecting a blurr with just more paint under the platinum line, but it seems like those random releases slowed down.

@  Bass X0 : (25 October 2016 - 01:31 PM)

There is surprisingly a lack of Deluxe cars in Titans Return. Knowing Hasbro we would get a red repaint of Blurr as Pointblank.

@  Blues : (25 October 2016 - 01:30 PM)

Yeah but I don't own a chromedome, and the only ones around me are nearly twenty dollars

@  Bass X0 : (25 October 2016 - 01:24 PM)

Chromedome is the best mold for Nightbeat and Siren. Blurr and Hot Rod just wouldn't work for either of them.

@  Blues : (25 October 2016 - 01:06 PM)

hmmmm I kinda want to paint my hasbro blurr into a body for takara nightbeat

@  unluckiness : (25 October 2016 - 08:34 AM)

Maybe if they'd announced it before G2 Dudicus

@  TheMightyMol... : (25 October 2016 - 08:32 AM)

I'll wait for the Urban Camo version.

@  OrionPax44 : (25 October 2016 - 08:25 AM)

If they wanna make him more authentic they need to make the plastic out of even cheaper materials. I want that KO plastic feel. It won't be Ruination without it.

@  Jalaguy : (25 October 2016 - 07:24 AM)

Yup, the new figure's bio on TakTom Mall mentions it.

@  Pennpenn : (25 October 2016 - 03:37 AM)

I wonder if he's still powered by coffee milk?

@  TheMightyMol... : (25 October 2016 - 03:34 AM)

@  Razorsaw : (25 October 2016 - 01:17 AM)

@  Anguirus : (24 October 2016 - 10:55 PM)

I deliberately avoided the tieins, 1-50 pure straight through

@  The Doctor Who : (24 October 2016 - 10:40 PM)

Then skip to 20, then back to 5, then to 10, then to 47, then back to 30, then 50, then 22, then...

@  Liege : (24 October 2016 - 08:01 PM)

Start at 1

@  Benbot : (24 October 2016 - 07:10 PM)

So should you start at issue one, or are there later jumping in points?

@  Liege : (24 October 2016 - 06:33 PM)

Totally agree: 1-50 is like Ultimate Turtles in the sense it takes all that has come before and mixes it into a satisfying revigoration that still feels fresh. I read a few issues after 50 and felt lost because I missed some of the miniseries.

@  Anguirus : (24 October 2016 - 06:02 PM)

current bit ymmv but 1-50 is a triumphant reinvention of the turtles. I can only compare it to that point in 2012 with RiD/MtMtE when we all realized "wait, TF comics can be THIS?"

@  Liege : (24 October 2016 - 05:57 PM)

It was great up til issue 50. The current direction is an interesting one (splinter and the turtles lead the foot) but the execution is lacking imho.

@  Bass X0 : (24 October 2016 - 03:13 PM)

Never read it. What was so bad about it?

@  D.M : (24 October 2016 - 10:14 AM)

Extremely no. >:p

@  Anguirus : (24 October 2016 - 09:22 AM)

@  Benbot : (24 October 2016 - 08:10 AM)

Is the IDW TMNT series worth reading?

@  Whirl Maximus : (24 October 2016 - 07:13 AM)

Nothing but bag of nickels for the next few years.

@  TheMightyMol... : (23 October 2016 - 04:13 PM)

It was a shame how he carried on.

@  Bass X0 : (23 October 2016 - 05:22 AM)

Party like a Russian! End of discussion!

@  MEDdMI : (23 October 2016 - 05:20 AM)

Russia's greatest love machine

@  zephyrX9 : (23 October 2016 - 03:12 AM)

@  TheMightyMol... : (23 October 2016 - 02:08 AM)

@  Telly : (22 October 2016 - 10:42 PM)

cubs in the world series. never thought id see the day...

@  Locoman : (22 October 2016 - 09:03 PM)

Get some extra shelves to store your shelves on.

@  Telly : (22 October 2016 - 08:53 PM)

its the chicken and the egg all over again

@  The Doctor Who : (22 October 2016 - 02:34 PM)

@Andrusi:  Too many toys or not enough shelves, eh?

@  TheMightyMol... : (22 October 2016 - 11:15 AM)

Needs more dakka shelves.

@  ▲ndrusi : (22 October 2016 - 08:41 AM)

"Too many toys" for the shelf, you see.

@  Pennpenn : (22 October 2016 - 08:34 AM)

Bah! That isn't too many toys, that's not enough shelf space!

@  ▲ndrusi : (22 October 2016 - 07:42 AM)

You know, too many toys. That thing where you can't figure out how to cram the newest one onto the shelf.

@  TheMightyMol... : (22 October 2016 - 02:18 AM)

When you can't see the floor anymore.

@  Telly : (22 October 2016 - 12:04 AM)

"too many toys". what does that even mean? such a strange phrase

@  Bass X0 : (21 October 2016 - 03:46 PM)

He's bought too many toys, now he's gotta play with them all! All aboard the Astrotrain! *choo choo*

@  Bass X0 : (21 October 2016 - 01:13 PM)

Oi, you lot! Treat!

@  Locoman : (21 October 2016 - 06:23 AM)

In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with bird, and the Word was bird, and bird was the word, and everybody heard.

@  TheMightyMol... : (21 October 2016 - 05:24 AM)

:::dog pops out of the grass laughing:::

@  ShadowMan024 : (21 October 2016 - 05:10 AM)

It flew away. Good. For him.

@  TheMightyMol... : (21 October 2016 - 04:39 AM)

iGear "Arcee" aka MGT-01 delicate warrior

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
No replies to this topic

#1 Alpha Omega Trion Supreme

Alpha Omega Trion Supreme

Now where did I leave that darn key!

• Citizen
  • 4366 posts

Posted 01 February 2011 - 04:44 PM

I was suprised to see this arrive yesterday. I had forgotten that it should have been showing up. It took about two weeks from the time that Igear had said it had shipped. When I saw the box I thought it was one of the many packages HTS was sending me for a single order. Anyway, so I open up the package and notice how cold the contents are. I recently had a Neca Predator snap apart on me fresh out of a cold package. Not knowing what kind of materials to expect out of this figure, I play it overly cautious, and remove Arcee, letting her sit on my desk for a while before trying to transform her.

First thing I notice: "Wow, this thing has some weight to it!" Second thing I notice: "The paint deco on this thing is much nicer than the IT Arcee." It's very pink, and very clean.

Comparing the Igear's alt mode to the IT's alt mode, the wheels on the Igear don't roll very well whereas the IT rolls pretty freely. However the Igear wheels aesthetically look far better than the IT's "discs" because of the silver rim detail, which I much prefer. Although the IT Arcee feels like the more accurate vehicle mode just because it seems to do the vehicle curves better. The Igear is kind of boxy in comparison. The IT Arcee also does a better symmetric job of stowing the arms when you look at both's alt modes from underneath. The Igear doesn't seem to have any rhyme or reason to how the arms stow.

That said, the Igear Arcee is definitely the more solid in car mode of the two. If I shake the IT, it'll lose shape. The Igear doesn't have that problem. The Igear is almost twice the size of the IT. From front fender to rear fender, they're the same length. But the Igear has alot more bulk, and in a good way. The Igear has a much more realistically scaled driving compartment with side mirrors *and* a dashboard that features a steering wheel. The IT's chairs are a bit too far back from the windshield, and there's no dashboard whatsoever.

So I wait a bit for the figure to warm to room temperature before transforming her. Having handled the figure and seeing what the materials are like, I probably didn't need to wait. The materials seem pretty decent overall. Nothing feels like it's going to snap apart. Although I am a little concerned with the material used for the leg transformation joint. It's a different shade of white than most of the nice white plastic used on the rest of the figure. I worry because there is a bit of stress put on this joint during transformation. A further look at the figure and I notice the same type of off-white plastic is used for all the major transformation joints. I'm assuming/hoping they used it because it's stronger than the rest of the plastic used on the figure. I definitely would like to hear from someone to confirm that's the way it is.

The transformation is pretty finnicky until you know how to go about folding the legs out. It's really not too much different from the IT. I don't quite like the way the chest and backpack folds because there's no clear indication or peg/clip to know when you have it right. That's something the IT Arcee does do, even though it really doesn't peg together like it's designed. There's a bit of an empty cavity behind Arcee's chest that the IT doesn't have either. Although you have to really look at her from the side to see it.

After a relatively short transform time, I get her to bot mode. Wow! I *really* love the head sculpt and light pipping which does an excellent job of lighting up her eyes. The proportions are also great. IT Arcee looks absolutely anorexic next to her. Then I get to posing. The elbow and knee joints are a little weird, but you can get her into any dynamic pose without much effort. The most important thing is that she has no problem standing! IT Arcee pretty much has only one standing pose for her legs: "stand at attention", and she doesn't even do that particularly well, which is why most pictures show her in a kneeling pose. This Arcee can do all kinds of leg poses and she can hold them without problem.

If you're going to get a third party Arcee, this is definitely the one to get. I always feel like I have to be ginger with the IT Arcee, and this doesn't feel like the case here, although to be honest I am being purposefully careful with her too because of the price tag. I still like the IT, but the Igear is clearly the much better figure overall. It feels more like something you can transform instead of a display piece.