No replies to this topic

#1 Alpha Omega Trion Supreme

Alpha Omega Trion Supreme

Now where did I leave that darn key!

• Citizen
  • 4366 posts
  • Faction::Autobot

Posted 01 February 2011 - 04:44 PM

I was suprised to see this arrive yesterday. I had forgotten that it should have been showing up. It took about two weeks from the time that Igear had said it had shipped. When I saw the box I thought it was one of the many packages HTS was sending me for a single order. Anyway, so I open up the package and notice how cold the contents are. I recently had a Neca Predator snap apart on me fresh out of a cold package. Not knowing what kind of materials to expect out of this figure, I play it overly cautious, and remove Arcee, letting her sit on my desk for a while before trying to transform her.

First thing I notice: "Wow, this thing has some weight to it!" Second thing I notice: "The paint deco on this thing is much nicer than the IT Arcee." It's very pink, and very clean.

Comparing the Igear's alt mode to the IT's alt mode, the wheels on the Igear don't roll very well whereas the IT rolls pretty freely. However the Igear wheels aesthetically look far better than the IT's "discs" because of the silver rim detail, which I much prefer. Although the IT Arcee feels like the more accurate vehicle mode just because it seems to do the vehicle curves better. The Igear is kind of boxy in comparison. The IT Arcee also does a better symmetric job of stowing the arms when you look at both's alt modes from underneath. The Igear doesn't seem to have any rhyme or reason to how the arms stow.

That said, the Igear Arcee is definitely the more solid in car mode of the two. If I shake the IT, it'll lose shape. The Igear doesn't have that problem. The Igear is almost twice the size of the IT. From front fender to rear fender, they're the same length. But the Igear has alot more bulk, and in a good way. The Igear has a much more realistically scaled driving compartment with side mirrors *and* a dashboard that features a steering wheel. The IT's chairs are a bit too far back from the windshield, and there's no dashboard whatsoever.

So I wait a bit for the figure to warm to room temperature before transforming her. Having handled the figure and seeing what the materials are like, I probably didn't need to wait. The materials seem pretty decent overall. Nothing feels like it's going to snap apart. Although I am a little concerned with the material used for the leg transformation joint. It's a different shade of white than most of the nice white plastic used on the rest of the figure. I worry because there is a bit of stress put on this joint during transformation. A further look at the figure and I notice the same type of off-white plastic is used for all the major transformation joints. I'm assuming/hoping they used it because it's stronger than the rest of the plastic used on the figure. I definitely would like to hear from someone to confirm that's the way it is.

The transformation is pretty finnicky until you know how to go about folding the legs out. It's really not too much different from the IT. I don't quite like the way the chest and backpack folds because there's no clear indication or peg/clip to know when you have it right. That's something the IT Arcee does do, even though it really doesn't peg together like it's designed. There's a bit of an empty cavity behind Arcee's chest that the IT doesn't have either. Although you have to really look at her from the side to see it.

After a relatively short transform time, I get her to bot mode. Wow! I *really* love the head sculpt and light pipping which does an excellent job of lighting up her eyes. The proportions are also great. IT Arcee looks absolutely anorexic next to her. Then I get to posing. The elbow and knee joints are a little weird, but you can get her into any dynamic pose without much effort. The most important thing is that she has no problem standing! IT Arcee pretty much has only one standing pose for her legs: "stand at attention", and she doesn't even do that particularly well, which is why most pictures show her in a kneeling pose. This Arcee can do all kinds of leg poses and she can hold them without problem.

If you're going to get a third party Arcee, this is definitely the one to get. I always feel like I have to be ginger with the IT Arcee, and this doesn't feel like the case here, although to be honest I am being purposefully careful with her too because of the price tag. I still like the IT, but the Igear is clearly the much better figure overall. It feels more like something you can transform instead of a display piece.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users