59 replies to this topic

#21 Paladin

Paladin

Have Zord, Will Travel

• Citizen
  • 5409 posts
  • Faction::Free Agent

Posted 17 January 2011 - 11:10 AM

We just can't get rid of these damn Scouts, can we?!
SUPERHERO TIME!!!! Ruining Jokes For Everyone!

TWITTER: Paladin4221

#22 mignash

mignash
  • MORON
  • 0 posts
  • Faction::Maximal

Posted 17 January 2011 - 11:24 AM

It would appear to be part of the "Transformers" line started in 2010 after "Hunt for the Decepticons", but with red packaging seen in Generations instead of the normal yellow.

Edited by mignash, 17 January 2011 - 11:25 AM.

#23 Detour

Detour

Have you tried turning it off and on again?

• Supporter
  • 17644 posts
  • Faction::Cannonball's Pirate Crew

Posted 17 January 2011 - 11:33 AM

QUOTE(Hornet @ Jan 17 2011, 10:36 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Cybertron was the last TF toyline to have decent scouts.

Bullcrap. The Real Gear Robots and the ROTF Scouts were awesome.

You're far too young to be this bitter and angry at the world....

I'm reading that with Roy's voice. Heck, I read everything you post in a laconic Irish accent.

#24 mignash

mignash
  • MORON
  • 0 posts

Posted 17 January 2011 - 11:45 AM

I can understand the Scouts if they REDECO them, but just re-releasing them in new packaging? Very odd. Heck, why not redeco one of those as Iguanus and the other as a new Dinobot or something?

#25 Redjack Ryan

Redjack Ryan

Got Empurata?

• Supporter
  • 1889 posts
  • Faction::Decepticon

Posted 17 January 2011 - 12:00 PM

I can confirm as previously stated seeing these at a few Walmarts trying to sell for $2 each. I'm surprised they're trying to release them again.

Is Backstop transformed correctly on the package? His legs look sideways. Maybe he's a master of the side-step.

#26 NightViper

NightViper

Ehhhhh...

• Public Relations
  • 34152 posts
  • Faction::RIBFIR

Posted 17 January 2011 - 12:05 PM

QUOTE(mignash @ Jan 17 2011, 11:24 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
It would appear to be part of the "Transformers" line started in 2010 after "Hunt for the Decepticons", but with red packaging seen in Generations instead of the normal yellow.

Yeah, If I had to classify them, I'd say that they're still "Transformers" despite being red instead of gold. I mean, I don't think anyone considers the Activators part of Generations just because of their red cards. Same for the four single-pack Mini-Cons (Although their original classification was "Generations" by some sites, I think most fans have backed off of that designation by now).

QUOTE(mignash @ Jan 17 2011, 11:45 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I can understand the Scouts if they REDECO them, but just re-releasing them in new packaging? Very odd. Heck, why not redeco one of those as Iguanus and the other as a new Dinobot or something?

I actually understand Wreckloose and Undermine far more than Backstop. They're relatively cheap figures that still sell despite being released a bazillion times each. Why invest the time and money to redeco them at all? Family Dollar, Big Lots, and apparently even Walmart will just keep buying them anyway...

#27 NightViper

NightViper

Ehhhhh...

• Public Relations
  • 34152 posts

Posted 17 January 2011 - 12:08 PM

QUOTE(Redjack Ryan @ Jan 17 2011, 12:00 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I can confirm as previously stated seeing these at a few Walmarts trying to sell for $2 each. I'm surprised they're trying to release them again.

These exact releases? In the "Transformers"/"Generations" packaging? Or the ones released in Universe 2.0 packaging that each had their original decoes (including "correctly" colored keys, not the blue ones that the "Generations" ones have)?

If it's the latter instead of the former, I think pretty much everyone knows about those icon-arcee.gif

#28 Detour

Detour

Have you tried turning it off and on again?

• Supporter
  • 17644 posts
  • Faction::Cannonball's Pirate Crew

Posted 17 January 2011 - 12:10 PM

Since I'm missing all three of those guys (though I do have Repugnus), I do hope they show up in my neck of the woods.

You're far too young to be this bitter and angry at the world....

I'm reading that with Roy's voice. Heck, I read everything you post in a laconic Irish accent.

#29 Noprobsrobs

Noprobsrobs

STILL THE BEST 1973

• Citizen
  • 2758 posts

Posted 17 January 2011 - 12:10 PM

WHAT?

Thanks to these lines I got Undermine.(Who I wanted during Cybertron but could never find him.) I also got Backstomp for $2. I still feel like I got cheated for that one. My brother had Wreakloose, so I know I'm not getting him again. Since Backstomp is repainted, I have a feeling we're going to see these toys for a long time.

Edited by Gunrage, 17 January 2011 - 12:14 PM.

#30 Razorsaw

Razorsaw

True Blue Heroes

• Citizen
  • 28135 posts

Posted 17 January 2011 - 12:23 PM

so, does this mean we need Undermine (2010), Backstop (2010), and Wreckloose (2010) wiki articles when these come out?

"Disabled people donít have special needs. We have very reasonable human needs. Our needs include freedom from abuse, violence, and mistreatment, the right to autonomy and self-direction, the right to represent ourselves, equal opportunity for education and employment, the right to accommodation, and societal inclusion and acceptance.

The need for accommodation isnít a ďspecial needĒ. Itís a basic human right. Itís a leveling of the playing field that allows us the same opportunities and chances as non-disabled people."

- Amethyst Schaber, http://neurowonderful.tumblr.com/

#31 Creature SH

Creature SH

Condemented

• Supporter
  • 5141 posts

Posted 17 January 2011 - 12:33 PM

These? AGAIN?!

#32 Razorsaw

Razorsaw

True Blue Heroes

• Citizen
  • 28135 posts

Posted 17 January 2011 - 12:38 PM

wreckloose hasn't come out since Cybertron, and Backstop is repainted. so, only Undermine is the same thing repeated.

"Disabled people donít have special needs. We have very reasonable human needs. Our needs include freedom from abuse, violence, and mistreatment, the right to autonomy and self-direction, the right to represent ourselves, equal opportunity for education and employment, the right to accommodation, and societal inclusion and acceptance.

The need for accommodation isnít a ďspecial needĒ. Itís a basic human right. Itís a leveling of the playing field that allows us the same opportunities and chances as non-disabled people."

- Amethyst Schaber, http://neurowonderful.tumblr.com/

#33 mignash

mignash
  • MORON
  • 0 posts

Posted 17 January 2011 - 12:48 PM

I think tfw2005 also called the reissue Seacons "Generations" because they had a red box, like these and the Mini-Cons.

I see Backstop and Wreckloose have new blue Jungle Planet Cyberkeys. Did the Cyberkeys in the Universe release have the cyber code numbers on the back, even though the hasbro web site stopped supporting these ages ago?

Edited by mignash, 17 January 2011 - 12:49 PM.

#34 Kil

Kil
  • Citizen
  • 6732 posts

Posted 17 January 2011 - 12:51 PM

QUOTE(Razorsaw @ Jan 17 2011, 12:23 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
so, does this mean we need Undermine (2010), Backstop (2010), and Wreckloose (2010) wiki articles when these come out?

Backstop's bio certainly seems like a new character. Are the bios for the other two available anywhere?

#35 NightViper

NightViper

Ehhhhh...

• Public Relations
  • 34152 posts

Posted 17 January 2011 - 01:10 PM

Wreckloose and Undermine

(Or check out the article on the front page: http://www.allspark....t/view/8338/20/ )

Attached Thumbnails

• generations_wreckloose_back.jpg
  • generation_undermine_back.jpg

Edited by NightViper, 17 January 2011 - 01:23 PM.

#36 mignash

mignash
  • MORON
  • 0 posts

Posted 17 January 2011 - 01:13 PM

Sort of like how they released the blue Cybertron Clocker from Target for the 2007 movie, then they repackaged it for Walmart of "UNiverse Cybertron Series", so then technically it was the Cybertron character, not a movie character. One toy, but two releases in different continuitires? So messed up.

#37 Master Fwiffo

Master Fwiffo

Yay...

• Retired Staff
  • 17526 posts

Posted 17 January 2011 - 01:37 PM

Wow, I have no memory of Wreckloose from Cybertron. Loving Backstops new deco. And Undermine's been one of my favorites for awhile, so I'm happy to see him back.

Oh man. They shoulda given Undermine a classics/PCC Dinobot colorscheme....

Edited by Master Fwiffo, 17 January 2011 - 01:38 PM.

#38 NightViper

NightViper

Ehhhhh...

• Public Relations
  • 34152 posts

Posted 17 January 2011 - 01:40 PM

QUOTE(Master Fwiffo @ Jan 17 2011, 01:37 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Wow, I have no memory of Wreckloose from Cybertron. Loving Backstops new deco. And Undermine's been one of my favorites for awhile, so I'm happy to see him back.

I have seven memories of him from Cybertron. Bless you Walmart, for clearancing them out at $1.50 each (rather $3 for a 2-pack, but whatevs).

*Edit* Every time I look at this Backstop, the more I want him. Why do I actually have to like that mold despite its countless flaws! icon-fire.gif

Edited by NightViper, 17 January 2011 - 01:49 PM.

#39 Fenix Twilight

Fenix Twilight
  • Citizen
  • 4024 posts
  • Faction::Free Agent

Posted 17 January 2011 - 02:23 PM

QUOTE(Redjack Ryan @ Jan 17 2011, 12:00 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Is Backstop transformed correctly on the package? His legs look sideways. Maybe he's a master of the side-step.

Yeah, that's how it's supposed to be.

I like Wreckloose's bio.

#40 Creature SH

Creature SH

Condemented

• Supporter
  • 5141 posts

Posted 17 January 2011 - 02:27 PM

I just don't get why they keep re-releasing these molds, of all things. The robot modes for Backstop and Undermine are some of the worst in recent memory. Backstop is a squatty side-view of a rhino with extra legs, head and an arm growing out of its ass, and Undermine's robot mode actually has less functional arms and head than his alt mode. How does that even begin to make sense?

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users