16 replies to this topic

#1 landbasered

landbasered

Pronounced land- base- red. Not land- baserd

• Citizen
  • 1700 posts
  • Faction::Maximal

Posted 16 January 2011 - 04:49 AM

I think they need to bring back Justin as a 6th ranger. I think the fans really liked him, so he should be brought back and given special weapons and powers.

thoughts?

Edited by landbasered, 16 January 2011 - 04:53 AM.

#2 Destron D-69

Destron D-69

Beast Mayhem Hangoutcateer

• Citizen
  • 22176 posts
  • Faction::Lesbian Ninja

Posted 16 January 2011 - 06:01 AM

no. If they bring back anyone at this point it needs to be Billy
The Only TF podcast too Adult to record
Saturdays Bi-weekly New people welcome- 18+ required...maturity not so much.

#3 maximus prime3

maximus prime3

RIBFIR Makes Twilight Sparkle Sad

• Supporter
  • 2728 posts
  • Faction::Decepticon

Posted 16 January 2011 - 06:02 AM

QUOTE(Destron D-69 @ Jan 16 2011, 05:01 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

which based on a recent interview will NEVER happen

#4 Fortress Ironhold

Fortress Ironhold

Blasphemer

• Citizen
  • 17093 posts

Posted 16 January 2011 - 10:23 AM

Ironically enough, I'm putting down a Power Rangers idea that involves a number of "returning" Rangers.

The idea is that in the wake of a lot of jive that winds up going down, the UN - or what's left of it - gathers together all the surviving rangers they can get ahold of in order to form an international ranger organization; those older rangers who aren't tasked with running the show are assigned to train all the different new teams that are being created, the idea being that the more functional teams there are the better the Earth will fare against another invasion.

The twist, however, is that the UN is betrayed from within and sold out by a series of moles who are loyal to the newest alien conqueror (one of the moles is actually the guy's son), leading to a massive battle that results in a 50%+ casualty rate for the international ranger organization; even a number of veterans go MIA (thus explaining why only a handful of actual actors / actresses are around for the regular series).

The day ended up being saved when a mysterious metallic-colored ranger "liberated" a batch of morphers and handed them off to a a raw recruit and some civilians; the aliens weren't aware of this extra set of rangers and so didn't account for them. The end result is that the new guys liberate the main academy while the metallic guy carves a path through the invasion force until they're forced to retreat.

The surviving older rangers are now placed in a position in which they are mission control and so must now take on the role that Zordon, Alpha, and all the others played all those years ago while another team of young guns & another mysterious sixth ranger go out to save the day. The older guys do get to save the day from time to time, but for the most part the series is all about everyone being thrust into roles they weren't ready for.
Lexicon: still up and running!

"At my last intern briefing, Craig was clearly tired. His message had changed to, "Stay out of trouble, period." It seemed that, as director of security, Livingstone was growing old fast. If he didn't watch out, he'd become one of us - a 'Mormon' or a 'straight,' which is what Clinton staffers called FBI agents, the Secret Service, and former Bush employees."

Aldrich, Gary. Unlimited Access Washington D.C.: Regency, 1996. Pg 38

Please visit my Half.com store

Deviant Art page

#5 FortMax

FortMax

Not Cybertron Metroplex or Mudflap

• Supporter
  • 4735 posts
  • Faction::RIRFIB

Posted 16 January 2011 - 10:58 AM

QUOTE(maximus laser3 @ Jan 16 2011, 05:02 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE(Destron D-69 @ Jan 16 2011, 05:01 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

which based on a recent interview will NEVER happen

I'm not sure about that. The problems seemed to stem from one producer, who most likely hasn't been involved with the series for a while.
QUOTE(Hasbro)
Paramount Home Entertainment will be releasing RANSFORMERS CYBERTRON on 9.13.05

Buy my Mini-Pla Goseiger Candy Toy Zords!

#6 Destron D-69

Destron D-69

Beast Mayhem Hangoutcateer

• Citizen
  • 22176 posts
  • Faction::Lesbian Ninja

Posted 16 January 2011 - 01:28 PM

I didn't say it WOULD happen, but to make things BETTER it NEEDS to happen...

out damn spot. -> its just something that needs fixing.
The Only TF podcast too Adult to record
Saturdays Bi-weekly New people welcome- 18+ required...maturity not so much.

#7 MEDdMI

MEDdMI

TMM's Ultimate Spouse

• Citizen
  • 1984 posts
  • Faction::Free Agent

Posted 16 January 2011 - 10:05 PM

A friend and I once wrote a PR short story parody with characters based off ourselves and our siblings/friends. We all had ridiculous combination animal powers and the villains were Cornies (they looked like corn). It was overflowing with cheesiness and bad puns, if I remember correctly.

.....I totally need to find that story.

Edited by MEDdMI, 16 January 2011 - 10:05 PM.

#8 The Doctor Who

The Doctor Who

I don't like the color...

• Supporter
  • 3239 posts

Posted 16 January 2011 - 10:12 PM

Is Power Rangers even still on the air?

I sort of wish the original cast could be gathered up for a sort of legacy show with the first and last groups.

Or, if we're really going crazy, lets get them ALL together. Like, every single Ranger ever. It would be gloriously epic.

0n39.png

#9 Fortress Ironhold

Fortress Ironhold

Blasphemer

• Citizen
  • 17093 posts

Posted 16 January 2011 - 10:33 PM

QUOTE(The Doctor Who @ Jan 16 2011, 09:12 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

New episodes start February 7th.

What happened is that ca. 2002, Fox was looking to unload the Family Channel (which it had bought just a few years earlier) and when Disney came calling they threw in Saban - who by that time had become the network's in-house studio - to sweeten the deal; this is why Disney has the rights to RiD instead of Hasbro.

Disney quickly relegated all of Fox' old re-runs to filler spots in order to pad out the lineup on ABC Family and Toon Disney, but they were left with the fact that Power Rangers Wild Force was still in production and the production company still had a contract with Japan that allowed them to adapt further seasons of Super Sentai.

The end result was a wildly unpredictable series of starts and stops in the history of the franchise. For example, while people loved Ninja Storm and Dino Thunder, I have yet to find a fan who will admit to enjoying Magic Force.

In the wake of RPM a dispute apparently broke out between the people on the show and the execs at Disney; Disney increasingly came to regard the show as disposable (some ABC affiliates didn't even broadcast it), and the production staff came to resent Disney's constant meddling. When Disney got the bright idea to give the original series the G2 treatment rather than spring for adapting the then-current Sentai series, Haim Saban finally said "hug this" and bought the rights to the franchise back.

He immediately began broadcasting the vintage episodes online at the rate of one per day, with the idea being to buy time while he began adapting the version of Sentai that Disney didn't want to do. Nickelodeon was more than happy to pay what Saban wanted for the broadcast rights, and so that's the show's new home for the time being.

I sort of wish the original cast could be gathered up for a sort of legacy show with the first and last groups.

Given that Thuy Trang is dead (she was killed in a car crash shortly before 9/11), Amy Jo Johnson wants nothing more to do with the series (she blames her comparatively long tenure on the show for her difficulties in finding "serious" work after she left), and David Yost is still bitter over how he was treated, that's not very likely.

IIRC, the only early cast members to actually come back and do work with the show outside of one-off specials are Jason David Frank (Tommy), Johnny Yong Bosch (Adam), Paul Schrier (Bulk), and Jason Narvy (Skull).
Lexicon: still up and running!

"At my last intern briefing, Craig was clearly tired. His message had changed to, "Stay out of trouble, period." It seemed that, as director of security, Livingstone was growing old fast. If he didn't watch out, he'd become one of us - a 'Mormon' or a 'straight,' which is what Clinton staffers called FBI agents, the Secret Service, and former Bush employees."

Aldrich, Gary. Unlimited Access Washington D.C.: Regency, 1996. Pg 38

Please visit my Half.com store

Deviant Art page

#10 The Doctor Who

The Doctor Who

I don't like the color...

• Supporter
  • 3239 posts

Posted 16 January 2011 - 10:50 PM

QUOTE(Fortress Ironhold @ Jan 16 2011, 10:33 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE(The Doctor Who @ Jan 16 2011, 09:12 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

New episodes start February 7th.

What happened is that ca. 2002, Fox was looking to unload the Family Channel (which it had bought just a few years earlier) and when Disney came calling they threw in Saban - who by that time had become the network's in-house studio - to sweeten the deal; this is why Disney has the rights to RiD instead of Hasbro.

Disney quickly relegated all of Fox' old re-runs to filler spots in order to pad out the lineup on ABC Family and Toon Disney, but they were left with the fact that Power Rangers Wild Force was still in production and the production company still had a contract with Japan that allowed them to adapt further seasons of Super Sentai.

The end result was a wildly unpredictable series of starts and stops in the history of the franchise. For example, while people loved Ninja Storm and Dino Thunder, I have yet to find a fan who will admit to enjoying Magic Force.

In the wake of RPM a dispute apparently broke out between the people on the show and the execs at Disney; Disney increasingly came to regard the show as disposable (some ABC affiliates didn't even broadcast it), and the production staff came to resent Disney's constant meddling. When Disney got the bright idea to give the original series the G2 treatment rather than spring for adapting the then-current Sentai series, Haim Saban finally said "hug this" and bought the rights to the franchise back.

He immediately began broadcasting the vintage episodes online at the rate of one per day, with the idea being to buy time while he began adapting the version of Sentai that Disney didn't want to do. Nickelodeon was more than happy to pay what Saban wanted for the broadcast rights, and so that's the show's new home for the time being.

Wow, I knew the series had a sort of long and sordid history, but that's crazy! And awesome, in a way. Sort of the TV equivalent of taking ones ball and going to play at a different friends house. So is that why there's this influx of classic figures then? I have to confess, I lost track of the series after the third iteration (with the Ninja Zords?) and without cable and not watching TV much... at all... the sudden reappearance of the classic Megazord and the original team on the toy shelves caught me totally off guard.

QUOTE(Fortress Ironhold @ Jan 16 2011, 10:33 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Given that Thuy Trang is dead (she was killed in a car crash shortly before 9/11), Amy Jo Johnson wants nothing more to do with the series (she blames her comparatively long tenure on the show for her difficulties in finding "serious" work after she left), and David Yost is still bitter over how he was treated, that's not very likely.

IIRC, the only early cast members to actually come back and do work with the show outside of one-off specials are Jason David Frank (Tommy), Johnny Yong Bosch (Adam), Paul Schrier (Bulk), and Jason Narvy (Skull).

Yeah, I knew one of them had passed away and got the feeling that a reunion wasn't likely. I've recently caught up with a lot of Power Rangers history thanks to Linkara's excellent History of the Power Rangers series, so I've seen some bits of the reunion shows, and they looked pretty cool. Still, a man can dream, can't he? icon-hotrod.gif

0n39.png

#11 Ironbite

Ironbite

Trust the Fizzy Fisherman

• Citizen
  • 16281 posts

Posted 17 January 2011 - 03:11 AM

Next Sentai show is basically Super Sentai Decade. Where the new group of Rangers(for wont of a better word) goes and tries to find the powers of the previous Super Sentai teams. All of them.

Ironbite-your idea for a legacy might happen.

Welcome back exploding 'raptor.

QUOTE(Fortress Ironhold @ Sep 3 2007, 08:32 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Are you so intent upon trying to damn everyone that you are willing to use material you know full well to be wrong?

#12 landbasered

landbasered

Pronounced land- base- red. Not land- baserd

• Citizen
  • 1700 posts

Posted 17 January 2011 - 02:42 PM

in operation overdrive they made a makeshift team for a two parter out of
the mmpr black, ninja storm blue, dino thunder yellow, spd red, and mystic force green.
It was pretty cool. They even made a new morphing sequence for adam.

#13 Bug-Saw

Bug-Saw

The artist formerly known as Hornet

• Citizen
  • 10229 posts

Posted 17 January 2011 - 03:45 PM

Ever since I learned that both Super Sentai and Kamen Rider are made by Toei, I've always wanted to see a Super Sentai series that was vaguely Kamen Rider themed. For example, all the zords would be giant two-wheeled vehicles that look liked futuristic motorcycles.

#14 Ironbite

Ironbite

Trust the Fizzy Fisherman

• Citizen
  • 16281 posts

Posted 17 January 2011 - 04:40 PM

Well you're not getting that. Instead you're getting a pirate themed series where the rangers have to go around collecting the powers of the previous sentai teams. So it's kinda like Kamen Rider Decade in that respect.

Ironbite-oh and CAPTAIN MARVELOUS!

Welcome back exploding 'raptor.

QUOTE(Fortress Ironhold @ Sep 3 2007, 08:32 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Are you so intent upon trying to damn everyone that you are willing to use material you know full well to be wrong?

#15 Bug-Saw

Bug-Saw

The artist formerly known as Hornet

• Citizen
  • 10229 posts

Posted 17 January 2011 - 04:45 PM

I want bike zords!

#16 AnkhChalice

AnkhChalice
  • Citizen
  • 1565 posts

Posted 17 January 2011 - 05:08 PM

Speaking of Kamen Rider, I always figured that was the reason for never having an insect themed sentai team, closet we got was the Gouraigers from Nippu Sentai Hurricanger, but that was just two rangers.

#17 Matthias Phage

Matthias Phage
  • Retired Staff
  • 8996 posts

Posted 17 January 2011 - 07:52 PM

QUOTE(Destron D-69 @ Jan 16 2011, 06:01 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

He's 42 years old. I don't see it happening.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users