Entertainment Earth

Toggle shoutbox Squawkbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

Please don't post Youtube videos in the chat box. The forums software auto embeds them. 

@  Whirl Maximus : (29 July 2016 - 01:20 PM)

IDW G1 has been a victim of it's own success.

@  SHIELD Agent 47 : (29 July 2016 - 01:23 AM)

Though frankly I prefer IDW Ratchet with a Marvel-style head rather than his current Prime-style head.

@  SHIELD Agent 47 : (29 July 2016 - 12:34 AM)

Like dual Fall of Cybertron-IDW G1 designs.

@  NotVeryKnightly : (28 July 2016 - 10:55 PM)

And it at least shows that they're allowed to repurpose designs from other universes.

@  NotVeryKnightly : (28 July 2016 - 10:54 PM)

Dark Cybertron was around when things showing up in toyline and comic together became a really major thing.

@  Waspinator : (28 July 2016 - 10:51 PM)

Given that that Starscream says "Armada Starscream" on his box, I assume the toy was meant to be Armada Starscream and was just re-purposed by IDW to be a body for their Starscream.

@  SHIELD Agent 47 : (28 July 2016 - 09:24 PM)

Hey, Bass X0. It's nice to see somene else paying attention to the distinctions.

@  NotVeryKnightly : (28 July 2016 - 06:44 PM)

Also, Albino Prime that isn't Magnus.

@  NotVeryKnightly : (28 July 2016 - 06:43 PM)

They made a toy that was IDW Starscream with an entirely Armada look.

@  Bass X0 : (28 July 2016 - 05:53 PM)

Other than a change of gimmicks and physical appearance (i.e. Deluxe Galvatron), Hasbro generally keeps a familiar color scheme for the Generations toys. It may not always be perfect or completely accurate, but I can't think of a Generations toy that looks completely different in color scheme to how they should do. A quick l;ook around my room and I can't see anyone who is completely the wrong color scheme. I'd say the FoC Combaticons and Wreckers are the wrong colors, but they're not supposed to be the G1 characters so they get a pass.

@  NotVeryKnightly : (28 July 2016 - 05:45 PM)

The comics aren't beholden to previous G1 material, and the toyline doesn't have a strict need to follow the comics either so...

@  Bass X0 : (28 July 2016 - 05:40 PM)

And yet the comics are not damned. This is G1 Sentinel Prime, not Animated or Movie Sentinel Prime and so he should look the part to how G1 Sentinel Prime has been portrayed so far. An Animated Sentinel Prime color scheme can come later. I don't recall how important the G1 legacy of Primes (Convoys) is in Japan or even if they have Nova Prime, Sentinel Prime, and previous Primes. So maybe Takara will paint him as Animated Sentinel just because its what Japanese fans are most familiar with.  Sentinel Prime didn't have to have been a pre-use of the Astrotrain mold, indeed why even choose G1 Sentinel Prime at all after how long neglecting him?

@  OrionPax44 : (28 July 2016 - 02:02 PM)

Same here unluckiness. I bought him mostly for the Fire Guts look of the Titan Master.

@  unluckiness : (28 July 2016 - 08:38 AM)

I kinda like Fire Guts Sentinel Prime TBH. Though, I think the gray would have looked better as black.

@  Boomhauer : (28 July 2016 - 08:36 AM)

I would've been fine with the Bayformers 3 Sentinel colors, he looked slick.

@  Whirl Maximus : (28 July 2016 - 08:33 AM)

Same as Animated Sentinel Prime then, I bet he's a Functionist fundamentalist too!

@  Rycochet : (28 July 2016 - 08:07 AM)

Sentinel Prime's colour scheme is awful, they should have painted him in his animated deco, comics be damned.

@  Dracula : (28 July 2016 - 07:38 AM)

He's also orange

@  Paladin : (28 July 2016 - 07:23 AM)

kinda not enjoying my TR Sentinel Prime now that someone summed up his personality as "Make Cybertron Great Again."

@  OrionPax44 : (27 July 2016 - 04:51 PM)

Sounds pretty kinky.

@  Whirl Maximus : (27 July 2016 - 04:17 PM)

the wind blew the sun into the river. honest!

@  Vexwing : (27 July 2016 - 12:34 PM)

Sadly no orchestra for me, but we did have the TFA clip as well.

@  ChessPieceFace : (27 July 2016 - 12:17 PM)

I saw Weird Al at the Hollywood Bowl on Saturday, playing with a full orchestra. It was pretty special. And yes, Dare To Be Stupid! With an introductory video clip from TFA, no less.

@  Vexwing : (27 July 2016 - 11:33 AM)

Got to see Weird Al perform Dare to be Stupid in his set last night! That was a nice surprise.

@  LBD "Nyt... : (27 July 2016 - 01:40 AM)

TMW you see a bunch of people have liked something you posted while you were away, and you're like "what did I even say?!"

@  Bass X0 : (26 July 2016 - 05:26 PM)

Regarding MTMTE#55 being released early in some places, its okay to discuss the contents of the issue as long as spoilers are kept within the thread. I refuse to read discussion threads of comics I have yet to read to avoid being spoiled. I also find it pointless to go into a discussion thread and expect to not be spoiled if you have yet to read the issue (unless you don't care).

@  The Doctor Who : (26 July 2016 - 07:11 AM)

@Patchy 'cause people like how the kaiser rolls!

@  MEDdMI : (26 July 2016 - 05:47 AM)

I'm officially addicted to the Comics theme. Every other themes are dull and boring now, I can't stand to look at them for more than a few posts.

@  Broadside : (26 July 2016 - 03:59 AM)

"Beast Wars anniversary"? Highly dubious.

@  Patchouli Kn... : (26 July 2016 - 12:16 AM)

How come everybody wanna keep it like the kaiser?

@  zephyrX9 : (26 July 2016 - 12:16 AM)

the kaiser stole our beast wars toys

@  ▲ndrusi : (25 July 2016 - 08:35 PM)

beast wars dicketeth anniversary

@  Locoman : (25 July 2016 - 07:16 PM)

My story begins in nineteen-dickety-two. We had to say "dickety" because the Kaiser had stolen our word "twenty". I chased that rascal to get it back, but gave up after dickety-six miles.

@  Telly : (25 July 2016 - 05:21 PM)

its the rye of the kaiser its the thrill of the the fight

@  ▲ndrusi : (25 July 2016 - 05:18 PM)

Fierce Grape?

@  OrionPax44 : (25 July 2016 - 05:09 PM)

The Rye or the Kaiser.

@  tffan01 : (25 July 2016 - 04:55 PM)

watch?v=gyKOM3469_Y I've found this weird kids video.

@  OrionPax44 : (25 July 2016 - 04:20 PM)

Doozer Sticks

@  The Doctor Who : (25 July 2016 - 04:19 PM)

Fraggle Rock!

@  OrionPax44 : (25 July 2016 - 04:18 PM)

Happy Pop (nauseating just saying it)

@  TheMightyMol... : (25 July 2016 - 03:51 PM)

Hard Rock Hallelujah!

@  OrionPax44 : (25 July 2016 - 03:48 PM)

Soggy Rock

@  Dracula : (25 July 2016 - 02:36 PM)

Tank Concrete!

@  MEDdMI : (25 July 2016 - 02:16 PM)

the Third.

@  TheMightyMol... : (25 July 2016 - 02:16 PM)

Flint Chesthair!

@  OrionPax44 : (25 July 2016 - 02:12 PM)

Sheeps Butt Ramsbottom

@  MEDdMI : (25 July 2016 - 02:08 PM)

Fancypants

@  TheMightyMol... : (25 July 2016 - 02:01 PM)

Biggles.

@  Summer : (25 July 2016 - 01:55 PM)

Jones.

@  PlutoniumBoss : (25 July 2016 - 12:08 PM)

Osmosis.

Photo
- - - - -

Wikipedia help from Fun Pub

291 replies to this topic

#21 Daggor

Daggor

Rogue Decepticon

• Supporter
  • 2181 posts
  • Faction::Decepticon

Posted 06 January 2011 - 09:28 PM

Egad, What a mess. I mean, it's Wikipedia. If it's true, keep it in.
Follow me on Twitter, why not? @dopponline

#22 Guest_mignash_*

Guest_mignash_*
  • Guests

Posted 06 January 2011 - 09:44 PM

QUOTE(Chip @ Jan 6 2011, 08:08 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
?comment - Really, are they distributed through general comic book retail? My search on Amazon.com didn't find any f them on retail, only user-generated sales of the comics. NotARealWord (talk) 17:32, 30 November 2010 (UTC)

That guy's just ignorant of how comics are distributed. Would Previews qualify as an independent source? I can't speak to whether an individual Transformers franchise merits its own page, but there is a lot of information about Timelines that definitely belongs on Wikipedia.

QUOTE(Pete@BotCon @ Jan 6 2011, 07:34 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Wait, they deleted Slag? Because of his name I assume?

Eh, he's a minor character from a media franchise. I love him, but it's true. It sucks that the Timelines info is getting caught in the crossfire, but there's a good reason why so many other TF pages are being purged; there are far too many of them for a general knowledge wiki.

Yes, but as I said Grimlock passed on being notable. So where is the line? It seems to vary with the whim of who arrives to vote on a deletion nomination day to day. Grimlock is publically notable, Slag isn't. Bonecrusher is, and Long Haul isn't.

#23 Thylacine 2000

Thylacine 2000

Charismatic Megafauna

• Citizen
  • 14852 posts

Posted 06 January 2011 - 09:54 PM

I have to admit that by the standards of Wikipedia's stupid, disrespectful, anti-knowledge rules, Timelines is really not notable and would warrant deletion.

We are talking about a website that deleted the G1 cartoon. If you seriously thought Shattered Glass Cyclonus was going to be tolerated there you were kidding yourself. It's better off not there anyway, now it can get out of the abusive relationship.

#24 Bass X0

Bass X0
  • Citizen
  • 42625 posts
  • Faction::Decepticon

Posted 06 January 2011 - 10:03 PM

Don't know why you're bothering so much with wikipedia, mignash. Its just not worth the trouble.

Just because you can't win doesn't mean you stop working.

#25 Defensis Prime

Defensis Prime

...it IS my real name. No, there's no 'Mr' in front.

• Citizen
  • 1704 posts
  • Faction::Autobot

Posted 06 January 2011 - 10:08 PM

Wikipedia is where you go when you needta learn about something, but you don't really wanna learn about something.

Honestly, Pete, I'd let it go, were I you. Anyone who reaallly wants to find ya's gonna do so without Wikipedantic's help.

(Google search for 'Transformers Timelines' will make the club site top dog once the Wiki article dies forevermore.)
-- L A S E R AUTOBOT LEADER DEFENSIS PRIME : Psychotic Completistģ
"...Transformers should have retina-searing colorschemes--your eyes bleed after one glance..."

#26 Guest_mignash_*

Guest_mignash_*
  • Guests

Posted 06 January 2011 - 10:20 PM

If it helps, there is still an article on Botcon, but they made us remove the list of of Botcon toys from the article.

#27 Pete@BotCon

Pete@BotCon

MunkyTrukk

• VIP
  • 1354 posts

Posted 06 January 2011 - 11:11 PM

QUOTE(Defensis Prime @ Jan 6 2011, 10:08 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Wikipedia is where you go when you needta learn about something, but you don't really wanna learn about something.

Honestly, Pete, I'd let it go, were I you. Anyone who reaallly wants to find ya's gonna do so without Wikipedantic's help.

(Google search for 'Transformers Timelines' will make the club site top dog once the Wiki article dies forevermore.)

I am not that worried about it as I have read on. I have heard the stories though, and I am just am still surprised that there is a group editing subject matter when they don't actually know the subject matter thoroughly.

#28 CORVUS

CORVUS

Can you hear the thunder thatís breaking?

• Supporter
  • 30620 posts

Posted 06 January 2011 - 11:26 PM

QUOTE(Thylacine2000 @ Jan 6 2011, 09:54 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
We are talking about a website that deleted the G1 cartoon.

Wait...what???

Transformers is a brand that really has something for everyone. We are a darn lucky fandom.

card_grandmaximus.jpg

#29 Thylacine 2000

Thylacine 2000

Charismatic Megafauna

• Citizen
  • 14852 posts

Posted 06 January 2011 - 11:40 PM

QUOTE(^o^CORVUS^o^ @ Jan 7 2011, 05:26 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Wait...what???

There used to be individual pages for the G1 episodes, until the "notability" infection took over.

#30 CORVUS

CORVUS

Can you hear the thunder thatís breaking?

• Supporter
  • 30620 posts

Posted 06 January 2011 - 11:40 PM

Ahhh, I see.

Dumbasses.

Transformers is a brand that really has something for everyone. We are a darn lucky fandom.

card_grandmaximus.jpg

#31 Lukeblast

Lukeblast
  • Staff
  • 14302 posts
  • Faction::Cannonball's Pirate Crew

Posted 07 January 2011 - 12:01 AM

QUOTE(Thylacine2000 @ Jan 6 2011, 11:40 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Wait...what???
There used to be individual pages for the G1 episodes, until the "notability" infection took over.
Which makes perfect sense. Once again, general knowledge. An article about the series is sufficient. You don't need nearly 100 additional pages to pick over each individual plot. If you want episode synopsis and character appearances and so on, you're already on the internet. You'll find TFwiki, which specifically caters to the crowd who wants minutiae of the sort that Wikipedia simply isn't designed to provide.

Of course, I say this knowing full well that there's individual episode pages for Simpsons, Family Guy, Doctor Who, Star Trek, and many more... but even having referred to those pages in several occasions, I say without reservation that I'd support their deletion in a heartbeat. Every episode of every popular series is not automatically notable for encyclopedic inclusion. Again, that's why fan guides and wikis and other supporting stuff exist outside it (and more to the point, why they should). Keep in mind that even TFwiki has its own standards for notability and has tossed things that don't fit their criteria.

#32 tec

tec

Seriously fun

• Supporter
  • 23433 posts
  • Faction::Lesbian Ninja

Posted 07 January 2011 - 02:34 AM

So what if you take up a teraquad of server space with TF information is that not the total goal of wiki anyway?
As long as its acurate and factual

I don't want a data base where I look something up and all it says is yep it did exsist at one point
And then a string of refrance links ..that's dumb I want spasific info like Airwolf ep 2 had stock footage from milatariy training videos

Wait. Wait, wait, wait. Are you telling me that tec has a job? I thought his sole reasons for existence are cheesecake and horrible grammar.-Shadowman024

sigtest1D_zpsa793aca9.jpg

#33 LBD "Nytetrayn"

LBD "Nytetrayn"

Quyzbuk

• Supporter
  • 16347 posts

Posted 07 January 2011 - 03:29 AM

Eesh, and yet they ask for donations... not sure how inclined I am on that front.

Still, if they gave a good general overview, and linked to something like TFWiki, that might be good enough for me.

--LBD "Nytetrayn"

qjWUWdm.gif1edr1cF.gif0g9jaoG.gifuWt4fLV.gif

6E96J7Z.jpg

gNLoMUt.png

#34 Rosicrucian

Rosicrucian

Frater

• Citizen
  • 6664 posts
  • Faction::Maximal

Posted 07 January 2011 - 03:35 AM

In case anyone is wondering, all of the above is why TFWiki.net exists. Just... this. Wikipedia has been consistently stupid about Transformers, and we decided we could do it better.

#35 GlassBeadGame

GlassBeadGame
  • Citizen
  • 87 posts
  • Faction::RIBFIR

Posted 07 January 2011 - 04:17 AM

QUOTE(mignash @ Jan 7 2011, 12:13 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Also, the page was frequently sabotaged and harassed by tfwiki and Allspark member Blackout, who runs a series of sock puppet accounts on Wikipedia.

Clearly you are blind. I was attempting to keep the page, and it would have been kept.

The initial result of the first debate was no consensus, default to keep. Then my account got revealed as a sock and my vote was discounted.

QUOTE(Thylacine2000 @ Jan 7 2011, 05:40 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Wait...what???

I just took a look at the article histories for the redirected G1 episode pages.

I was not surprised in the slightest when I saw who had done the redirecting.

The man was a menace back in the day. If it was fictional and didn't have at least 576 reliable sources talking about it, it was doomed, no matter how many people disagreed.

Edited by -Blackout-, 07 January 2011 - 04:23 AM.

#36 Nevermore

Nevermore

Unionized and proud of it.

• Supporter
  • 10766 posts

Posted 07 January 2011 - 06:12 AM

QUOTE(Pete@BotCon @ Jan 7 2011, 05:11 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I am not that worried about it as I have read on. I have heard the stories though, and I am just am still surprised that there is a group editing subject matter when they don't actually know the subject matter thoroughly.

Their reasoning is that someone who's an expert in a field is too deeply invested ("biased") in it to properly judge what's of interest to a general audience and what's irrelevant, whereas someone who doesn't know much about the subject can evaluate mass appeal more "objectively".

In addition, they argue that you're not really an "expert" in Transformers unless you have an university degree in Transformology and have written at least three scientific publications on the subject.

Edited by Nevermore, 07 January 2011 - 06:18 AM.

#37 ZacWilliam1

ZacWilliam1
  • Citizen
  • 13633 posts
  • Faction::RIRFIB

Posted 07 January 2011 - 06:43 AM

Also up is down, black is white, and Wikipedia is an ivory tower whose virginity must be protected from the unwashed and trivial with eternal vigilance.

ZacWilliam, may have mixed a metaphore in there.

Ever wonder about the speed of Turbofoxes?
Or the proverbial ailerons of Titanium Moosebots?

*Visit the one and only Cybertronic Bestiary.
For a mechazoologic tour of the mechanimals of Cybertron.

#38 Guest_mignash_*

Guest_mignash_*
  • Guests

Posted 07 January 2011 - 07:09 AM

If anyone has any actual reliable third party citations to add to the Timelines or Fun Publications pages besides Pete and I, I'd love to see them. Particularly news articles, books NOT licensed by Hasbro, or magazines.

#39 DINOBOT SLUDGE

DINOBOT SLUDGE

Jungle Warrior

• Citizen
  • 6910 posts

Posted 07 January 2011 - 07:29 AM

Isn't this the point of the TFWiki? I mean, if everything was just on Wikipedia, why have our own separate Wiki?

Wikipedia simply can't have a page for every tiny remote thing that ever happened or existed. It just isn't realistic for numerous reasons. Wherever they draw the line, someone is unhappy. They are a great resource but it is best they do not become more omnipresent than they already are.
What is singature?

#40 Might Gaine

Might Gaine

ARMS UP!! \(^_^)/

• Retired Staff
  • 12894 posts

Posted 07 January 2011 - 07:41 AM

Thank god for TFWiki.

Sign up at ToyStoreUpdates.com to get email updates when new Transformers come into stock at Toys R Us, Target, Walmart, and Hasbro Toy Shop.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users