Photo
- - - - -

ROTF Legends Devastator can stand on all-fours.

16 replies to this topic

#1 Noisemaker

Noisemaker
  • Citizen
  • 334 posts
  • Faction::Maximal

Posted 16 November 2010 - 03:13 PM

A fan mode for ROTF Legends Devastator. Now he can walk on all fours, kind of like he did in the movie!

I originally posted an image of Devastator in this fan mode in the Take Pictures of Your Toys thread. A tutorial was requested, so I thought I'd post it in a thread of its own so it wouldn't get buried by other posts so quickly.

Edited by Walternator, 16 November 2010 - 03:15 PM.

#2 smasterv2

smasterv2
  • Citizen
  • 71 posts
  • Faction::Predacon

Posted 16 November 2010 - 03:17 PM

Now that totally looks better than the official way to do it, and its more accurate to the movie so bonus points for that as well.

#3 Asquian

Asquian
  • Supporter
  • 21605 posts
  • Faction::Autobot

Posted 16 November 2010 - 03:20 PM

reverse the other part to make him stand up straight, as well.

#4 Guest_Tramp_*

Guest_Tramp_*
  • Guests

Posted 16 November 2010 - 03:34 PM

I actually get him to stand on all fours using the stock transformation. IT's simply a matter of how you pose the arms and legs. There's no need to turn Scavenger upside-down.

#5 Noisemaker

Noisemaker
  • Citizen
  • 334 posts

Posted 16 November 2010 - 03:44 PM

QUOTE(Tramp @ Nov 16 2010, 04:34 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I actually get him to stand on all fours using the stock transformation. IT's simply a matter of how you pose the arms and legs. There's no need to turn Scavenger upside-down.

I've done that too, but it makes Dev look more hunched over than actually standing on all fours. It's not as natural looking, definitely.

Edited by Walternator, 16 November 2010 - 03:45 PM.

#6 Guest_Tramp_*

Guest_Tramp_*
  • Guests

Posted 16 November 2010 - 03:49 PM

QUOTE(Walternator @ Nov 16 2010, 03:44 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I've done that too, but it makes Dev look more hunched over than actually standing on all fours. It's not as natural looking, definitely.

Well, that's how he was in the movie too, hunched over like a Gorilla. I find it perfectly natural for him.

I've actually managed to get him into a very close approximation of the pose in the original concept art of him

#7 Noisemaker

Noisemaker
  • Citizen
  • 334 posts

Posted 16 November 2010 - 03:58 PM

QUOTE(Tramp @ Nov 16 2010, 04:49 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Well, that's how he was in the movie too, hunched over like a Gorilla. I find it perfectly natural for him.

I've actually managed to get him into a very close approximation of the pose in the original concept art of him

That concept art is not a very good representation of how he appeared in ROTF.

Give me ten minutes and I'll post a comparison of your way and mine.

#8 Guest_Tramp_*

Guest_Tramp_*
  • Guests

Posted 16 November 2010 - 04:02 PM

QUOTE(Walternator @ Nov 16 2010, 03:58 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

That's because it's an early concept rendering. It's still a cool pose. I have mine climbing "rocks" in my set-up. I should take pictures, and will eventually.

#9 Noisemaker

Noisemaker
  • Citizen
  • 334 posts

Posted 16 November 2010 - 04:18 PM

QUOTE(Tramp @ Nov 16 2010, 05:02 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE(Walternator @ Nov 16 2010, 03:58 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

That's because it's an early concept rendering. It's still a cool pose. I have mine climbing "rocks" in my set-up. I should take pictures, and will eventually.

I'm not saying it's a bad pose. I simply think my alternate transformation is more accurate to his appearance in the film.

Sorry for the horrible picture, but the lighting at this time of day is pretty bad. Still, I think it illustrates how simply posing the limbs differently doesn't look as fluid as turning Scavenger upside down.

#10 Guest_Tramp_*

Guest_Tramp_*
  • Guests

Posted 16 November 2010 - 04:31 PM

QUOTE(Walternator @ Nov 16 2010, 04:18 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I'm not saying it's a bad pose. I simply think my alternate transformation is more accurate to his appearance in the film.

Sorry for the horrible picture, but the lighting at this time of day is pretty bad. Still, I think it illustrates how simply posing the limbs differently doesn't look as fluid as turning Scavenger upside down.

Actually, I prefer just posing the limbs differently. He's more hulking and brutish, IMO, and I do feel still just as accurate. However, I actually manage to get a more forward tilt than you do in the picture you just posted. I'll post a couple of pics in a few.

#11 Alpha Omega Trion Supreme

Alpha Omega Trion Supreme

Now where did I leave that darn key!

• Citizen
  • 4366 posts
  • Faction::Autobot

Posted 16 November 2010 - 05:39 PM

Cool find. I have mine posed 4 legged using the stock transformation too because I like the gorilla-esque look. Still nice to know I can go true quadruped if need be.

#12 Guest_Tramp_*

Guest_Tramp_*
  • Guests

Posted 16 November 2010 - 06:08 PM

Well, here are those pics I promised.

#13 Noisemaker

Noisemaker
  • Citizen
  • 334 posts

Posted 16 November 2010 - 06:19 PM

That's cool, too. The only problem I have with it is that the head hangs down on a really skinny neck.

Nice custom paint job!

#14 Guest_Tramp_*

Guest_Tramp_*
  • Guests

Posted 16 November 2010 - 06:22 PM

QUOTE(Walternator @ Nov 16 2010, 06:19 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
That's cool, too. The only problem I have with it is that the head hangs down on a really skinny neck.

Nice custom paint job!

Yeah, that's the only downside, but it does work well, and is quite accurate.

And thanks.

#15 BB Shockwave

BB Shockwave

Hoarder of Toys

• Citizen
  • 10923 posts
  • Faction::Decepticon

Posted 17 November 2010 - 10:56 AM

Yeah, frankly he can stand on all fours by default.

It still amazes me how excellently designed this toy is. And this is coming from me, who really really hates Bayformers and Devastator's design isn't my favourite too. But I have the toy, and love it, it is so masterfully designed and a lot of fun to play with.

ToC-Funtcuck.jpg

#16 Fear or Courage

Fear or Courage
  • Citizen
  • 1070 posts

Posted 17 November 2010 - 02:32 PM

Thanks a lot for this thread. I once posted my own horrid attempt on these boards to attempt to get some talk going on how to do this. I should find it and post it when I'm not running to class. It was 4-legged, but it was excessively long. Devastator crossed with a Wiener Dog basically.

#17 Fear or Courage

Fear or Courage
  • Citizen
  • 1070 posts

Posted 17 November 2010 - 05:52 PM

HERE we go. Ladies and gentlemen: Longstator is long.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users