Photo
- - - - -

Kup, Wheeljack, Frenzy, G2 Optimus Prime, Scourge and more revealed!

505 replies to this topic

#281 Wheelimus

Wheelimus

12-24: Chicago Cubs - Dead And Loving It

• Community Manager
  • 26228 posts
  • Faction::RIBFIR

Posted 14 October 2010 - 10:46 AM

QUOTE(J Gargoyle220 @ Oct 14 2010, 11:43 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE(Dragstrip @ Oct 14 2010, 03:17 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I'm hoping we did indeed get HeTellMeish information, and Rumble and Frenzy combine into a DELUXE sized tank. That would make their robot modes perfect size to display with Music Label Soundwave.

Seems likely, considering the Ice Cream Twins toy. That would really erase a lot of my qualms with this release, what with Frenzy and Rumble being potentially too big, and taking a voyager slot when guys like Galvatron, Straxus, and Thunderwing didn't even get to be voyagers. I really hope you're right.

Unless BBTS has bad info the overall figure is in the same size class as Megatron and Grapple. If there is a combined tank it would be a lot bigger than deluxe.

Since we're all pulling them from the same place, lol, I'll just toss out a guess that the two figures are scout sized and make a slightly undersized Voyager.

#282 Bass X0

Bass X0
  • Citizen
  • 41526 posts
  • Faction::Decepticon

Posted 14 October 2010 - 10:49 AM

Attached piledrivers:

Attached Images

• piledrivers.jpg

It all began in '84. Kept on rollin' in '85. The pieces were in place in '86, and it came to an end in '87. But now it comes, and here we go. Transformers is here again. Nothing's gonna stop it 'cause it's 1988!

#283 NightViper

NightViper

Ehhhhh...

• Public Relations
  • 34127 posts

Posted 14 October 2010 - 10:51 AM

Um...Hopefully that looks better in color?

#284 Esser-Z

Esser-Z

IT'S AN ESSER

• Citizen
  • 32088 posts
  • Faction::Free Agent

Posted 14 October 2010 - 10:53 AM

Well, that explains the black bit. They're the pile drivers. We now KNOW that tank mode is just Frenzy.

#285 Wheelimus

Wheelimus

• Community Manager
  • 26228 posts

Posted 14 October 2010 - 10:55 AM

QUOTE(G.B.Blackrock @ Oct 14 2010, 11:45 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE(Wheelimus @ Oct 14 2010, 08:40 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Of course we could all just call our toys what we prefer and avoid the whole debate. Thus far Hasbro hasn't shown up at our houses and shot any of us in the head because we called Darkmount "Straxus." YET!

Surely this argument could have been made without the "shot us in the head" hyperbole. (Seriously, people who do this kind of thing make it sound like, unless there's the potential for it to be life-or-death, it shouldn't matter at all. We don't need to go so far to say that, perhaps, it shouldn't matter).

There are plenty of reasons to try to get things right. And plenty of much more reasonable reasons why no one else (much less Hasbro) should care what we call them.

I'm not arguing that people shouldn't care, I'm arguing that some care a little too much. But that's just me, a LOT of the things this fandom does irk me. I really can't imagine ever paying 3 times US retail to just get a mildly better paint job, for example. To each their own and all but it doesn't make sense to me.

I came into this addiction as a 'toon fan. For me, Rumble will always be blue. If someone thinks he's red, have at it.

#286 G.B.Blackrock

G.B.Blackrock

Autobot Ally

• Supporter
  • 9319 posts
  • Faction::RIRFIB

Posted 14 October 2010 - 10:55 AM

QUOTE(Bass X0 @ Oct 14 2010, 08:49 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Attached piledrivers:

I've never been a fan of the cartoon-style piledrivers, but so long as they don't make it so the toy has no hands at all (a la Alternators), I have no real problem. They're a neat accessory.
TransformingSeminarian.2.gif
Curator of The Unofficial Convention and Club Exclusive data pages (now with a new URL thanks to Captured Prey).

#287 G.B.Blackrock

G.B.Blackrock

Autobot Ally

• Supporter
  • 9319 posts

Posted 14 October 2010 - 10:57 AM

QUOTE(Wheelimus @ Oct 14 2010, 08:55 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Of course we could all just call our toys what we prefer and avoid the whole debate. Thus far Hasbro hasn't shown up at our houses and shot any of us in the head because we called Darkmount "Straxus." YET!

Surely this argument could have been made without the "shot us in the head" hyperbole. (Seriously, people who do this kind of thing make it sound like, unless there's the potential for it to be life-or-death, it shouldn't matter at all. We don't need to go so far to say that, perhaps, it shouldn't matter).

There are plenty of reasons to try to get things right. And plenty of much more reasonable reasons why no one else (much less Hasbro) should care what we call them.

I'm not arguing that people shouldn't care, I'm arguing that some care a little too much. But that's just me, a LOT of the things this fandom does irk me.

Fair enough, and I'll certainly concede being guilty of this myself. But, to go the other direction, surely something short of potential murder could be cited as a reason why a fan could justify caring, yes?
TransformingSeminarian.2.gif
Curator of The Unofficial Convention and Club Exclusive data pages (now with a new URL thanks to Captured Prey).

#288 Powered Convoy

Powered Convoy

President of the Deflowering Club

• News and Content
  • 48517 posts

Posted 14 October 2010 - 10:58 AM

Yeah pile drivers in place of real arms suck. Having them in addition to is quite cool.

Randy

#289 Octavius Prime

Octavius Prime

Do it, FP

• Citizen
  • 8502 posts
  • Faction::Decepticon

Posted 14 October 2010 - 11:02 AM

Wheeljack - I don't think I'm as psyched as most others here, but I am very happy to finally be getting a deluxe G1 Wheeljack to finally go alongside my UT Wheelshifts and SG Wheeljack. I guess we all kind of knew he was going to be a Tracks remold, so I was resigned to thinking there'd be no surprises. However, I'm really glad to see that they did put some effort into him. The car mode looks nicely different, and the modified wingtips help really sell this as Wheejack vs a Tracks remold. Repurposing the missile launchers as tools is creative in a cute way, but I'll be keeping them in place as shoulder weapons a la Tracks.

Frenzy - Looks pretty great, really. Didn't ever expect him as a tank, and this means that the usual scale problems are at work, but it's a good looking tank (looks like ROTF Bludgeon crossed with Energon Kickback) and the bot mode looks nice - I really like how the turrets approximate his back-mounted blasters. I wonder what the situation with Rumble will be - at this point, based on how small Frenzy looks, it may just be a non-combining 2-pack.

#290 oroboru

oroboru

Oh yes... there will be blood....

• Citizen
  • 3664 posts
  • Faction::Lesbian Ninja

Posted 14 October 2010 - 11:12 AM

Not bad... not bad at all. Hopefully we'll see a North American release of these figures soon.
Depleting the world's petroleum supply, one collectable at a time.

#291 oroboru

oroboru

Oh yes... there will be blood....

• Citizen
  • 3664 posts
  • Faction::Lesbian Ninja

Posted 14 October 2010 - 11:13 AM

Not bad... not bad at all. Hopefully we'll see a North American release of these figures soon.
Depleting the world's petroleum supply, one collectable at a time.

#292 Monocle

Monocle

ASM Contributing Editor

• Citizen
  • 3220 posts

Posted 14 October 2010 - 11:13 AM

QUOTE(Daggor @ Oct 14 2010, 11:02 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Oh, sweet Jesus - TEH FLAMEZ! Make them go away!

Oh, and just like "Prime has flames now" because of the goddamned Bay movies, Rumble IS blue, because of the cartoon.

..... you do realize Laser OP had flames back in G2 right? His entire theme was fire, and giant explosions which spelt out his damn name! I know you have a compulsion to screech about the current movies whenever you have the chance, but do your research first.

And as for coloring on Rumble and Frenzy even the original show didn't get this right, as the show's bible had the correct color listed for Rumble, as in he was called a RED robot. This all just came about because the people doing the animation just didn't care enough in their work to follow simple instructions. Keep in mind when the show reached Japan, the mistake was rectified.

Fortunately, Hasbro has always kept the correct colors, and with Kyde working on this line, and knowing what he is doing here, this toy we have seen will happily be his proper colors and be a blue Frenzy.

Edited by Monocle, 14 October 2010 - 11:30 AM.

Contributing Editor
Altered States Magazine
http://www.alteredstatesmag.com

#293 Star-A-Star

Star-A-Star

Who wants some robot chicken?

• Citizen
  • 6000 posts
  • Faction::Free Agent

Posted 14 October 2010 - 11:20 AM

QUOTE(Monocle @ Oct 14 2010, 12:13 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Oh, and just like "Prime has flames now" because of the goddamned Bay movies, Rumble IS blue, because of the cartoon.

..... you do realize Laser OP had these flames back in G2 right? I know you have a compulsion to screech about the current movies whenever you have the chance, but do your research first.

No, he doesn't. It's just a transition from red to black.
Well, Art is Art, isn't it? Still, on the other hand, water is water. And east is east and west is west and if you take cranberries and stew them like applesauce they taste much more like prunes than rhubarb does. Now you tell me what you know.

Groucho Marx

#294 mx-01 archon

mx-01 archon

The world suffused with sound

• Supporter
  • 17257 posts

Posted 14 October 2010 - 11:22 AM

On the other hand, his trailer featured flames prominently, so it seems more about blending the deco a bit.

The flames are better than the red to black fade, anyways. That never really made much sense.

#295 Smitty

Smitty

Things and stuff

• MORON
  • 20145 posts
  • Faction::Autobot

Posted 14 October 2010 - 11:23 AM

QUOTE(Fullstrength Motleypuss @ Oct 14 2010, 10:20 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE(Monocle @ Oct 14 2010, 12:13 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

..... you do realize Laser OP had these flames back in G2 right? I know you have a compulsion to screech about the current movies whenever you have the chance, but do your research first.

No, he doesn't. It's just a transition from red to black.

Look at the trailer...

I'm not a fan of voting on peoples posts. it just seems very passive aggressive to click 'down vote' and not add anything to the thread. and up votes are exactly the same. to my mind the whole point of a forum is discussion and being able to just easily agree or disagree takes the discussion out of the equation.

#296 Spark

Spark
  • Citizen
  • 28180 posts

Posted 14 October 2010 - 11:23 AM

QUOTE(Wheelimus @ Oct 14 2010, 11:46 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE(J Gargoyle220 @ Oct 14 2010, 11:43 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE(Dragstrip @ Oct 14 2010, 03:17 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I'm hoping we did indeed get HeTellMeish information, and Rumble and Frenzy combine into a DELUXE sized tank. That would make their robot modes perfect size to display with Music Label Soundwave.

Seems likely, considering the Ice Cream Twins toy. That would really erase a lot of my qualms with this release, what with Frenzy and Rumble being potentially too big, and taking a voyager slot when guys like Galvatron, Straxus, and Thunderwing didn't even get to be voyagers. I really hope you're right.

Unless BBTS has bad info the overall figure is in the same size class as Megatron and Grapple. If there is a combined tank it would be a lot bigger than deluxe.

Since we're all pulling them from the same place, lol, I'll just toss out a guess that the two figures are scout sized and make a slightly undersized Voyager.

Seriously, he's scout sized. You can calculate his exact size from the clips on his forearms, which are 2cm. He's about 11cm tall, minus the back guns.
Fall of Cybertron will blow your mind. That is all.

#297 The Predaking

The Predaking

Warlord is amazing!

• Supporter
  • 35174 posts
  • Faction::Predacon

Posted 14 October 2010 - 11:27 AM

Wheeljack looks pretty neat, but I'd like to see him painted.

Rumble looks okay. Hopefully he'll be small so he doesn't look weird standing next to soundwave.

g2 Prime looks okay, but he kind of reminds me of Energon Optimus Prime. that's not a good thing.

Scourge looks great. He'd be better if his wings looked more like the animation model.

Restoring an Old Arcade Machine!

http://www.allspark....ade-game/page-2

#298 Wheelimus

Wheelimus

• Community Manager
  • 26228 posts

Posted 14 October 2010 - 11:29 AM

QUOTE(G.B.Blackrock @ Oct 14 2010, 11:57 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE(Wheelimus @ Oct 14 2010, 08:55 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I'm not arguing that people shouldn't care, I'm arguing that some care a little too much. But that's just me, a LOT of the things this fandom does irk me.

Fair enough, and I'll certainly concede being guilty of this myself. But, to go the other direction, surely something short of potential murder could be cited as a reason why a fan could justify caring, yes?

Well you may be caring a little too much about that too. It's just an expression that doesn't really mean Hasbro is literally going to shoot someone in the head. Could have just as easily been "Thus far Hasbro hasn't shown up at our houses and peed in our Frosted Flakes because we called Darkmount "Straxus."

YET! The point being though that Hasbro couldn't care less, and when you get down to it neither should we. It's just a little baffling that the same fandom that spawns a massive repurposing thread also spawns RIRFIB FIRRIB. Call them Hokey Pokey 1 and 2 for all I care, so long as people let me call them what I want.

#299 Galenraff

Galenraff

Oh, by the way I've cracked the code.

• Special Projects Manager
  • 31283 posts
  • Faction::Maximal

Posted 14 October 2010 - 11:30 AM

And just like that, I'm skipping Tracks because Wheeljack is every bit as awesome as he needs to be. The Tracks version just doesn't quite pull it off well enough, and I have the Alternator version of Tracks which is, in my opinion, quite a bit better anyway.

LookUp_zps6fe77c23.jpg

#300 Wheelimus

Wheelimus

• Community Manager
  • 26228 posts

Posted 14 October 2010 - 11:39 AM

QUOTE(Galenraff @ Oct 14 2010, 12:30 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
And just like that, I'm skipping Tracks because Wheeljack is every bit as awesome as he needs to be. The Tracks version just doesn't quite pull it off well enough, and I have the Alternator version of Tracks which is, in my opinion, quite a bit better anyway.

And then someday you're going to look at your near complete cast of deluxe "Classics" cars and your Alt. Tracks towering over them. And then you'll buy this Tracks. Probably for twice retail. Just do the sensible thing and go ahead and buy it now to keep sealed. Either in a couple of years you'll be glad you did when you wind up wanting it, or you'll wind up having a valuable sealed toy!

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users