1 reply to this topic

#1 Liege

Liege

Deathsaurus Rising

• Supporter
  • 4493 posts
  • Faction::Cannonball's Pirate Crew

Posted 10 September 2010 - 06:30 PM

This is something that has been on my mind for a while having been inspired by BBTS Piranacon (who seems to be selling quite well from what I've seen); a collector aimed line of reissues of fan favorite toys/characters sold exclusively online through HTS or another online store (such as BBTS). However unlike reissues of the past wouldn't be limited to early G1 and could be voted for by fans out of a selection provided by Hasbro (kind of like the Marvel Legends vote-a-figure polls). The figures would also be 'remastered', correcting any faults that were apparent the first time or any missing paint apps (think the Star Convoy Reissue a few years back). The selected figure would then be made to order though a pre-order system for each customer (in order to prevent overstocking and secondary market scalping and the tired excuse of 'we won't do this again because the first try didn't sell').

So I guess what I want to know is, if such a toyline existed in a way as described above, what toys would you want selected to be part of Transformers Archives? I have three choices atm but before that let's make a rule for this thread: NO NEGATIVITY. The key word here is hypothetical; I don't want to hear any 'Hasbro would never do this' or 'this is a dumb idea'. Just pick some toys you'd want to see made available again and explain why.

So here are my choices:

Transmetal Megatron. Heck of a toy back in the day and possibly the most iconic form of Beast Wars Megatron. I'm sure lots of fans would like to see this guy reissued due to the horrible GPS problems that have plagued the original version of this toy. My 'remastered' version of this toy would include the non-GPS susceptible plastic that the Japanese Version seemed to use and instead of vacuum metallizing the 'transmetal' parts, use a pearlescent paint (like the Japanese Animated toys). Perhaps a face remolding to remove the crazy grrrr face, replacing it with something more in character like the BW10th version.

Armada Tidal Wave: I'd have it reissued in cartoon-accurate/Micron Legend version colours. Perhaps retool the legs to give it articulated knees if possible.

G2 Cyberjet six-pack: It probably ouldn't be cost-effective to do these guys individually, so lets put all three molds together in their G2 Decepticon and Autobot decos as a versus pack! I'm sure a lot of people would want this just for Hooligan. There was nothing really wrong with these guys the first time, I'd just make sure that the mold was in good condition and that the joints were still tight before redoing them.
QUOTE(NightViper @ Aug 3 2013, 02:28 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE(Escargon @ Aug 1 2013, 10:04 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
And Liege, you're words really have had an effect on me. It made me relise I've shouldn't care about what others think of me, I should only care about what I think of myself.

Liege is a small dude with a lot of wisdom.

Well one of those descriptive words is accurate I suppose!

3ds friend code: kyle 4141 2965 5460 pm me yours to add.

#2 Silent_Magnus

Silent_Magnus
  • Citizen
  • 4054 posts
  • Faction::Maximal

Posted 10 September 2010 - 06:53 PM

A Transmetal Primal to go with that Megatron to start.

And then all of the Repaint Ultra Magnus's that I don't have yet. Starting with Energon Ultra Magnus. Then maybe the classics two pack with Skywarp after that.

Edit: I'd actually like a lot of the Beast Wars figures redone with character-accurate face sculpts.

Edited by Silent_Magnus, 10 September 2010 - 06:55 PM.

3DS Friend Code: 4339-2564-4662

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users