R.I.P. Otho

9 replies to this topic

#1 TSM-in-N.Y.

TSM-in-N.Y.

Enough Blood For You?

• Citizen
  • 4885 posts

Posted 09 September 2010 - 11:00 AM

I just received a bit of depressing news.

Actor Glenn Shadix, co-star of such films as Beetlejuice, PotA, Heathers, Demolition Man and voiceover artist in animated series such as Teen Titans, Jackie Chan Adventures, Duckman, and The Mask, passed away on Monday from a fall in his home.

I worked with Glenn one time when he attended a memoribilia/toy convention in New Jersey shortly after the Tim Burton PotA movie was released.

He was a very warm gentleman and was very politle to everyone who came up to his table to just say hello.

A shame he died at such an early age but from what I've been told he had been pretty ill for the past few years.

Rest In Peace, Mr. Shadix

Your friend, TSM-in-N.Y.

"So it's a show about three hookers and their mom?"
KEEP THE BEATS PHRESH YO! TSM-in-N.Y.

"To paraphrase the great M. Biehn in The Terminator, I don't misspell words, you do. Don't do that again. Listen and understand, I am out here. I can't be bargained with, I can't be reasoned with. I don't feel pity, or remorse, or fear and I absolutely will not stop, ever, until you are dead!" - TSM-in-N.Y.

"I personally believe that U.S. Americans are unable to do so because, uh, some people out there in our nation don't have maps, and, uh, I believe that our education, like such as in South Africa and the Iraq, everywhere, like, such as. And I believe that they should, our education over here in the U.S. should help the U.S., er, should help South Africa, and should help the Iraq and the Asian countries, so we will be able to build up our future for our children." Lauren Caitlin Upton - Miss South Carolina Teen USA 2007, answering a question on why 20 percent of Americans surveyed are unable to locate the U.S. on a world map.

#2 The Predaking

The Predaking

Warlord is amazing!

• Supporter
  • 34649 posts
  • Faction::Predacon

Posted 09 September 2010 - 11:06 AM

R.I.P.

Please Check out my G1 Overlord Auction!

http://www.ebay.com/...984.m1555.l2649

#3 HeyMickey

HeyMickey

I'll take you like a man!

• Supporter
  • 5283 posts
  • Faction::RIBFIR

Posted 09 September 2010 - 11:35 AM

That sucks. icon-screamer.gif I'll always remember him as Otho, but my friend will always remember that one evening at Dragon*con where a slightly inebriated Shadix came on to him. icon-ironhide.gif

"I know just as much about the supernatural as I do about interior design."
O̾b̾͊Eͮ͛͋yͨ̑̓͊̚ ̾̄ͯ̓ͨ̃͌̂̚d͂ͥͧͥͯ̂ͨ̓̚O̽ͥ̈́ͦͣ̂̏̚g̎̎ͯ̑ͤͫLͯ̓͆̿̑ͩa̍̄Wͥͬ̊̅
QUOTE(SpinOut! @ Feb 15 2011, 05:59 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Toni Basil's face
Photoshopped everywhere
I am terrified

#4 Zek

Zek

Resident Goober

• Supporter
  • 7211 posts
  • Faction::Cannonball's Pirate Crew

Posted 09 September 2010 - 11:42 AM

:'(

#5 Local Trouble

Local Trouble

You like me because I'm a scoundrel

• Citizen
  • 6976 posts
  • Faction::Free Agent

Posted 09 September 2010 - 12:01 PM

QUOTE(HeyMickey @ Sep 9 2010, 09:35 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
That sucks. icon-screamer.gif I'll always remember him as Otho, but my friend will always remember that one evening at Dragon*con where a slightly inebriated Shadix came on to him. icon-ironhide.gif

"I know just as much about the supernatural as I do about interior design."

Wait a second, Otho was gay??

#6 Mark Pellegrini

Mark Pellegrini

TMNT Entity guy

• Citizen
  • 13601 posts

Posted 09 September 2010 - 02:26 PM

He had a very distinctive voice. A real shame we'll never get to hear it again.
TMNT Entity
Ninja Turtle comic reviews, essays, articles and more!

-Mark Pellegrini

#7 Temp Hot Spot

Temp Hot Spot

Your future's in an oblong box

• Protoform
  • 0 posts
  • Faction::Free Agent

Posted 09 September 2010 - 02:51 PM

Well, at least he won't become a civil servant in the afterlife.

#8 Asquian

Asquian
  • Supporter
  • 21605 posts
  • Faction::Autobot

Posted 09 September 2010 - 03:27 PM

RIP Otho.

Time to watch Beetlejuice in his honor.

http://entertainment...281474978504285

In tragic news out of Alabama, character actor Glenn Shadix has been reported dead. He was 58 years old.

Shadix was probably best known for playing the quirky interior designer 'Otho' for the yuppie family who moves into Alec Baldwin and Geena Davis' home in Tim Burton's Beetlejuice, after the lead characters "perish" around the beginning of the movie. He was present in the memorable (and hilarious) scene when the ghosts cause the living to break out into "Day-O (The Banana Boat Song)" by Harry Belafonte.

Tim Burton would later include him in The Nightmare Before Christmas and the 2001 adaptation of Planet of the Apes.

Seinfeld fans will remember Glenn Shadix as Jerry's landlord in the episode "The Apartment." He also had a recurring role in the HBO series Carniv?le.

A large portion of Shadix's acting credits comes from voice work. He can be heard on several animated series, including Jackie Chan Adventures, The Mask, and Dinosaurs (not animated, but still requiring voice acting, and a damn awesome show!)

Glenn Shadix (born William G. Scott) was openly gay. In the video below, he discusses his early experiences with "aversion therapy" when he believed he could "cure" his homosexuality.

Glenn Shadix reportedly died after his wheelchair tipped over and he hit his head. The funeral will occur on September 11.

I...didn't know he was wheelchair bound.

Edited by Asquian, 09 September 2010 - 03:28 PM.

#9 Teufel

Teufel

Tastes like chicken.

• Supporter
  • 2604 posts
  • Faction::Decepticon

Posted 09 September 2010 - 08:36 PM

I remember him from Beetlejuice and Demolition Man. That's too bad.

#10 maximus prime3

maximus prime3

RIBFIR Makes Twilight Sparkle Sad

• Supporter
  • 2725 posts
  • Faction::Decepticon

Posted 09 September 2010 - 08:43 PM

who did he voice in jackie chan adventures? sorry, i don't know much about cartoon voice actors that aren't in transformers

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users