Need Help from you guys (Pic Heavy)

8 replies to this topic

#1 Confuzor

Confuzor

Now put em in Smash Bros!

• Supporter
  • 5010 posts

Posted 17 August 2010 - 02:23 PM

I wasn't sure if this was the right forum for this, but I figured it would be bad form to post it in the Buy/Sell/Trade forum since it's not up for sale yet. I'm looking to see what a fair price I could ask for these 2 figures I've got. Fair for me and the buyer, if you know what I mean.

I've been a semi-regular forumer here for about 6 years, so I trust your guys' opinions on such things. I've never tried to sell used TFs before, so I don't know where to begin. Of course, once I've come to a fair starting price, I'll post it here to the proper forum before taking it to E-bay. It's the least I could do ^_^

The truth of the matter is, while these toys are some of the big guns collectors like, they're not in the best condition (as the photos I've taken will show) but they do have their boxes, which I hear is a plus, regardless of quality.

Backstory:
I acquired this Metroplex and Jetfire from a friend about 3 years back who was moving away and found them in her attic. Since she knew I was a TFfan and her older brother no longer wanted them, she gave them to me. They've been sitting in my room for a while and I decided that I need money and someone else may appreciate them a bit more.

Here are pics in box:

As you can see, the boxes have seen better days. The Jetfire box has the techspecs cut out and barely holds together. Metroplex's is more complete, it even still has the original Toys R Us price tag($32.97 ^_^)

Toy pics in the next post.

Edited by Confuzor, 17 August 2010 - 02:27 PM.

#2 Confuzor

Confuzor

• Supporter
  • 5010 posts

Posted 17 August 2010 - 02:37 PM

Next up is pics of Jetfire himself.

He's got all his main parts. He's missing one of his Jet pods and his gun. His hands don't seem to want to slide back into the arms, I didn't want to force them. Clearly he has some random yellowing all over.

His left Clavicle joint (the part that allows the jet to fold in half) has a metal part that seems to have broken free of it's plastic encasement. It only really becomes an issue during transformation, as in Robot and his alt mode everything holds together pretty well without it. Also, one of the tail fin parts broke at the base while I was taking photos.

Up next: Metroplex.

#3 Confuzor

Confuzor

• Supporter
  • 5010 posts

Posted 17 August 2010 - 02:44 PM

Now Metroplex:

He's unfortunately missing alot of parts. He has almost no guns except a small white one. His fist parts are gone as well. The little robot helper/ Tower guy is missing his legs. All joints necessary for transformation to base mode function (as you can see by the above pics) The spring loaded Head popping mechanism functions as well.

So that's my story guys, please give me your honest opinion on what would be a fair asking price for these guys. Once I come to a decision, I'll make a proper ost in the Buy/Sell/trade section. Thanks alot!

Edited by Confuzor, 17 August 2010 - 02:48 PM.

#4 Freddycon

Freddycon
  • Citizen
  • 584 posts
  • Faction::Decepticon

Posted 17 August 2010 - 03:30 PM

Well, I'm no expert, but I'd say go do some research on mint and not-so-mint bots on Ebay, see what the regular market demand is for them, and then use your personal judgement on what you think the TF's are worth. Obviously you won't be able to get Mint-In-Box prices for them. So consider what you would pay for them at mint and then make what you think are fair deductions for the damages and missing items, as well as the overall condition of the bots.

All in all go with the things you think are fair. You certainly won't be able to please everyone but if you can get a fair price that you feel good with and the customer feels good paying, them it's win-win all around!

Edited by Freddycon, 17 August 2010 - 03:33 PM.

#5 Detective Fork

Detective Fork

Generic Purple Wavey Avatar

• Citizen
  • 2832 posts
  • Faction::Autobot

Posted 17 August 2010 - 03:38 PM

Because of the missing parts and the damage, I wouldn't expect to make a mint on these. Also keep in mind that Metroplex has been reissued recently.

#6 Confuzor

Confuzor

• Supporter
  • 5010 posts

Posted 18 August 2010 - 12:47 AM

I'm very aware that I won't be seeing MIB prices for these guys, hence asking for "Fair" price suggestions.

Thanks for the heads up about Metroplex re-issue.

#7 Confuzor

Confuzor

• Supporter
  • 5010 posts

Posted 21 August 2010 - 04:39 PM

Sorry to double post (not as much assistance in here as I'd hoped...)

Looking on E-bay, I think I would be able to purchase the missing accessories and include the price of doing so in the final asking price? Is that something people usually do?

I really haven't done this before, so I'm quite ignorant as to what is normal and accepted and what is frowned upon behavior.

#8 Smitty

Smitty

Things and stuff

• MORON
  • 20145 posts
  • Faction::Autobot

Posted 21 August 2010 - 05:08 PM

I'd like to have a Metroplex but I have no interest in having the box, so it me it's worthless.

I'm not a fan of voting on peoples posts. it just seems very passive aggressive to click 'down vote' and not add anything to the thread. and up votes are exactly the same. to my mind the whole point of a forum is discussion and being able to just easily agree or disagree takes the discussion out of the equation.

#9 TheMightyMollusk

TheMightyMollusk

Fist in the air and a finger to the sky

• Citizen
  • 16431 posts
  • Faction::Unicron's Spawn

Posted 21 August 2010 - 05:35 PM

You should just box them up and send them to me. I'll take care of it for you. icon-op.gif

Man, we need a fake innocence emoticon.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users