Toggle shoutbox Squawkbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

Please don't post Youtube videos in the chat box. The forums software auto embeds them. 

@  ShadowMan024 : (30 September 2016 - 06:10 PM)

FOOL! *points cane at NightViper*

@  NightViper : (30 September 2016 - 06:06 PM)

It's not "Fools of towel play"? Damn.

@  RichardT1977 : (30 September 2016 - 05:20 PM)

Huh, I always thought it was "tools of power play".

@  Nevermore : (30 September 2016 - 03:30 PM)

http://www.allspark.com/forums/topic/133313-instruments-of-destruction-30th-anniversary-edition-youtube-video-and-legal-purchase-links-inside/

@  TheMightyMol... : (30 September 2016 - 03:18 PM)

tools of foul play

@  Nevermore : (30 September 2016 - 03:04 PM)

instruments of destruction

@  SHIELD Agent 47 : (29 September 2016 - 03:01 PM)

Maybe like how Megaempress and her 4 Guards showed up so many male Cybertrons and Destrons. *snerk*

@  SHIELD Agent 47 : (29 September 2016 - 03:00 PM)

Maybe as a female EDC officer who actually kicks his ass for a change.

And Carly too.

I would be thrilled to see him in the IDW continuity in the near future.

@  zephyrX9 : (29 September 2016 - 02:56 PM)

when the hell is chip chase gonna come back?

@  Robowang : (29 September 2016 - 11:14 AM)

Like a letter to my mom from prison inmates!

@  LBD "Nyt... : (28 September 2016 - 09:29 PM)

Oh wait, I see it's been addressed.

@  LBD "Nyt... : (28 September 2016 - 09:27 PM)

I was when I posted that, yeah. I'll let you know if it happens again.

@  Dracula : (28 September 2016 - 02:10 PM)

You're clicking on threads and they're redirecting to that?

@  LBD "Nyt... : (28 September 2016 - 01:05 PM)

Why do forum pages keep forwarding me to this? http://www.allsparkt...2VjMDYxZTQxYmVl

@  Broadside : (28 September 2016 - 12:05 PM)

Anyone know what the caption on this page refers to? http://tfwiki.net/wiki/Primon

@  RichardT1977 : (28 September 2016 - 09:53 AM)

After the season finale where RM Corp found a way to make thinking Bots, I was hoping for a continuation of the story where Paradim learned the hard way the downside of Bots that can say, "No."

@  Rycochet : (28 September 2016 - 09:40 AM)

I liked Phantom 2040 more.

@  Blues : (27 September 2016 - 05:08 PM)

I LOVE BOT MASTER SO MUCH. Too bad the toys sucked. I even own jungle fiver. I love him so much, but he can barely stand on his own.

@  TheMightyMol... : (27 September 2016 - 05:03 PM)

That's the 90s.

@  MEDdMI : (27 September 2016 - 04:50 PM)

Ninjzz? That's an unfortunate name.

@  Verity Carlo : (27 September 2016 - 04:44 PM)

Also I thought Fico Ossio was quite nice on Revolutions.

@  Rycochet : (27 September 2016 - 04:36 PM)

You know the planet is in a jam, a diabolical plan of only one man. Louis Leon Paradim an international punk, and his army of 3As are his piece of junk.

@  Telly : (27 September 2016 - 04:26 PM)

for the longest time i thought jungle fiver was called jungle fiBer

@  Bass X0 : (27 September 2016 - 04:21 PM)

Does anybody remember the cartoon Bots Master? I enjoyed the show but looking back on it, most of the robot designs were lame. The only cool designs were Jungle Fiver and Ninjzz although the toys were nothing compared to Transformers of course. I thought the main human characters were decent enough for a show about robots. 

@  Verity Carlo : (27 September 2016 - 02:43 PM)

Although this is odd to me, since I'm fairly sure they are/were good friends.

@  Verity Carlo : (27 September 2016 - 02:42 PM)

Yeah I stopped liking the guy when I found his Twitter.

@  zephyrX9 : (27 September 2016 - 12:35 PM)

https://twitter.com/DerrickJWyatt/status/779870732935233536 link

@  unluckiness : (27 September 2016 - 09:16 AM)

I cut out the middleman and assume that they're all jerks and/or shills.

@  Rycochet : (27 September 2016 - 07:15 AM)

Social media is the worst thing to happen to fandom, you can now see people whose work you like being jerks or shills on a daily basis, which is worse than a bad interview or two.

@  Robowang : (27 September 2016 - 07:12 AM)

Dirty Jerk Warts?

@  Broadside : (27 September 2016 - 07:05 AM)

Also, I guess he hates IDW Soundwave for not being an emotionless brick like the cartoon version? Man. Any enjoyment of Animated in future is going to be tainted for me by the fact that DJW is the worst kind of boring Geewunner.

@  Broadside : (27 September 2016 - 07:04 AM)

He also hates Action Man for no apparent reason other than "I don't know who this is and I don't care to find out". Which isn't fair, because Ian is the best character in IDW.

@  Jalaguy : (27 September 2016 - 06:47 AM)

DJW was mouthing off about the art for Revolution the other day too, doesn't entirely surprise.

@  Verity Carlo : (27 September 2016 - 05:11 AM)

Do you have a link, zephyr?

@  Cabooceratops : (27 September 2016 - 01:36 AM)

bweh!!

@  Cabooceratops : (27 September 2016 - 01:36 AM)

bweh bweh

@  zephyrX9 : (26 September 2016 - 10:11 PM)

Sipher's.

@  Telly : (26 September 2016 - 10:08 PM)

*has flashbacks of the "image wars"*

@  Touch My Thighs : (26 September 2016 - 09:30 PM)

Sakamoto or Sipher's art?

@  ShadowMan024 : (26 September 2016 - 08:17 PM)

Oof.

@  zephyrX9 : (26 September 2016 - 08:05 PM)

Sipher made a sarcastic remark about Sakamoto's skeeviness. Derrick called him an a**hole, and insulted his art, which was a low, unnecessary blow.

@  Touch My Thighs : (26 September 2016 - 07:43 PM)

What did Derrick do?

@  Pennpenn : (26 September 2016 - 07:42 PM)

That makes sense, thank you.

@  SHIELD Agent 47 : (26 September 2016 - 07:30 PM)

Derrick J. Wyatt?

@  Pennpenn : (26 September 2016 - 07:21 PM)

Djw?

@  zephyrX9 : (26 September 2016 - 05:45 PM)

wow, didn't expect to have to block djw on twitter

@  ▲ndrusi : (26 September 2016 - 02:48 PM)

Yeah, it was really sad that they didn't survive in any of the endings. Eaten by Unicron every time.

@  Bass X0 : (26 September 2016 - 12:17 PM)

I wish I could have seen Kick Axe live.

Photo
- - - - -

Slides of figures shown at Botcon.

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
357 replies to this topic

#341 Powered Convoy

Powered Convoy

Skywarp Connoisseur

• Staff
  • 56139 posts

Posted 05 August 2010 - 04:42 PM

I must be the only person that doesn't have a problem with the panels falling off. At first I did, but after a few times of transforming him that was it.

Randy

#342 (Deactivated) Smitty

(Deactivated) Smitty
  • Guests

Posted 05 August 2010 - 04:54 PM

QUOTE(Powered Convoy @ Aug 5 2010, 03:42 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I must be the only person that doesn't have a problem with the panels falling off. At first I did, but after a few times of transforming him that was it.

Randy

I can get them to not pop off most of the time, although it has been a wile.

#343 Shadewing

Shadewing

Evil faces a Black Night

• Supporter
  • 31040 posts

Posted 05 August 2010 - 04:55 PM

QUOTE(Smitty @ Aug 5 2010, 03:54 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Randy

Same here. I have to wonder how much for some of these guys are using to make them come off as much as they claim.

3DS Friend Code: 0387-9040-3532

Twitch Channel

Youtube Replays

VOTE for what I play on 8/30!

Friday: Sonic Generations - Sunday: Transformers WFC - Tuesday: Little Inferno

#344 Canthros

Canthros

Why don't Pac-Man wanna eat eyes?

• Citizen
  • 2919 posts

Posted 05 August 2010 - 05:27 PM

QUOTE(Apostrophe @ Aug 5 2010, 03:42 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Why does the Prowl mold get so much hate? Except for the neck, I think it may be my favorite from Universe 2.0.

The neck is bad, the shoulders are floppy, the rear window is painted, the transformation's a pain, nothing pegs together or clicks in place in robot mode, huge gap in chest that's visible from the side ...

Prowl's a mediocre mold that has already been repainted twice, from a line where we've got some very solid molds that haven't been repainted at all (not counting Takara vs. Hasbro or convention exclusives).

It's less that the figure is terrible than that have been so many better ones released in the same timeframe. I'm glad we got the obligatory repaints of Prowl out of the way, but I don't really want to see the mold ever again.
Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over.

#345 ▲ndrusi

▲ndrusi

Praise be to Stakeout.

• Supporter
  • 23506 posts

Posted 05 August 2010 - 06:01 PM

QUOTE(Database @ Aug 5 2010, 05:55 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE(Smitty @ Aug 5 2010, 03:54 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Randy

Same here. I have to wonder how much for some of these guys are using to make them come off as much as they claim.

Admittedly I only have the BotCon versions of the mold, but I haven't had this problem either.

QUOTE(orionpax44 @ Jun 24 2012, 01:03 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Childrens toys? whaa the boxes seriously say ages 5+ I consider myself the plus.
QUOTE(mx-01 archon @ Sep 9 2012, 01:53 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
You're talking to ▲ndrusi. Assume everything that he posts is snark.

#346 Walky

Walky

STRONG GRUDGE

• Citizen
  • 35544 posts

Posted 05 August 2010 - 06:57 PM

My BotCon versions of the mold are the best-quality versions of that mold that I own. Rapido's tolerances are perfect, to the point that his door wings have never popped off during transformation, and Streetwise ain't much worse. It's the retail versions that are much more annoying.

#347 ▲ndrusi

▲ndrusi

Praise be to Stakeout.

• Supporter
  • 23506 posts

Posted 05 August 2010 - 07:34 PM

That's weird. With most of the molds I did own already, the BotCon versions are looser.

QUOTE(orionpax44 @ Jun 24 2012, 01:03 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Childrens toys? whaa the boxes seriously say ages 5+ I consider myself the plus.
QUOTE(mx-01 archon @ Sep 9 2012, 01:53 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
You're talking to ▲ndrusi. Assume everything that he posts is snark.

#348 ShadowMan024

ShadowMan024

spooky

• Citizen
  • 18729 posts

Posted 05 August 2010 - 08:08 PM

QUOTE(Apostrophe @ Aug 5 2010, 03:42 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Why does the Prowl mold get so much hate? Except for the neck, I think it may be my favorite from Universe 2.0.

It's definitely one of the better, less clunky molds. It's no Hound or Cyclonus, but it's elss complicated than Sunnysides 9for me) while being a good fig.

Then again, my only experience with the mold is Streetstar.

Transformers is a brand that really has something for everyone. We are a darn lucky fandom.

#349 mx-01 archon

mx-01 archon

Hello, world

• Supporter
  • 18359 posts

Posted 05 August 2010 - 08:28 PM

I love the Prowl mold. I got all three Universe decoes, then wound up getting all three Henkei. Then Rapido. Then a second Henkei Silverstreak to chrome up my Rapido (and for the black elbows and hands. Rapido's red parts kinda clashed there. Wish they would've molded all the grey bits in the aqua, though, for closer accuracy to the original toy).

I think my worst experience with the mold was my Universe Silverstreak. The pin joint on the doors was so tight, it was a fargone conclusion that the doors would just fly off instead everytime I transformed him. No problems whatsoever with any of the others.

#350 BB Shockwave

BB Shockwave

How to train your Parademon

• Banned
  • 13178 posts

Posted 06 August 2010 - 05:40 AM

I hate transforming him... part of it is the sticky paint on his clear parts - that's an issue even with the Henkei one. Part are the car-doors. It's a pain to pose the arms in a very specific place to be able to rotate the whole car door and the attached side/front of car to the back, where you can close it. Argh...

Add to this, that Prowl is my favourite Autobot and I have been waiting for a new Prowl toy for ages. The car-window thing severly limits playing with the toy, which I do often (I love transforming TFs while watching a movie at home or waiting for the system to load, at work).

Here is hoping the Legends one will be less kibbley.

QUOTE(ChessPieceFace @ Aug 5 2010, 09:38 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
All in all, it was a very disappointing toy to me. G1 Prowl is my favorite Transformer design and deco, and the Classics version just doesn't measure up. Now that I've added Reprolabels, Silverstreak's gun and Smokescreen's launchers and thighs, he's much better... but still, far from what I was hoping to see when they first announced the toy at BotCon 2007.

The Henkei one is superior in paint, especially the chrome makes him look very cool. But I rather just display him as a robot then bother with the transformations.

QUOTE(ExVee @ Aug 5 2010, 08:32 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I'm also of the opinion that between the new car molds Universe gave us, Prowl and co. pale against Sidestreaker by really failing to do anything special at all. They're competently articulated, reasonably solid toys, but there's no awesome thing they do, or fun play pattern built in. It's a series of unremarkable cars that all transform the same way and are almost 100% physically identical. They just get boring at some point.

It's not like the Seekers escape it either. Most of the time I don't understand why there isn't a greater amount of vocal hate toward them. Except jets are arguably cooler than cars, but it can't just be that, right?

I don't get this "bad deco" claims. Classics/Universe is a line specifically created to bring back old, G1-2/BW/etc. characters in better articulated bodies. Considering G1 Bluestreak and Smokescreen shared the same body as Prowl, they were the logical redecoes. Classics was never intended to give us a totally random new character just because his paintjob would have been better. (And imagine the fan outrage at say, a green Prowl repaint called, say "Lumberjack")

Edited by BB Shockwave, 06 August 2010 - 05:46 AM.

ViperSig.jpg

#351 Daytonus

Daytonus

Full Circle

• Retired Staff
  • 11864 posts

Posted 06 August 2010 - 08:57 AM

QUOTE(BB Shockwave @ Aug 6 2010, 06:40 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
(And imagine the fan outrage at say, a green Prowl repaint called, say "Lumberjack")

The sheer audacity of the thing makes me want it.

#352 Mouse_Pad

Mouse_Pad

It's a nice day for a...

• Citizen
  • 8088 posts

Posted 06 August 2010 - 09:27 AM

QUOTE(Code of Walky @ Aug 5 2010, 06:57 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
My BotCon versions of the mold are the best-quality versions of that mold that I own. Rapido's tolerances are perfect, to the point that his door wings have never popped off during transformation, and Streetwise ain't much worse. It's the retail versions that are much more annoying.

Same here. Streetstar and Rapido are great. I can usually even transform my Prowl without the panels popping off. But on Silverstreak, the swivel is too tight compared to the ball joint, so it's almost impossible to transform him without the panels popping off. I never bought Smokescreen, partly because I was so annoyed with Silverstreak.

Twitter:  @The_Waspinator

http://the-waspinator.tumblr.com

#353 ExVee

ExVee
  • Supporter
  • 8893 posts

Posted 06 August 2010 - 02:02 PM

QUOTE(BB Shockwave @ Aug 6 2010, 05:40 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I don't get this "bad deco" claims. Classics/Universe is a line specifically created to bring back old, G1-2/BW/etc. characters in better articulated bodies. Considering G1 Bluestreak and Smokescreen shared the same body as Prowl, they were the logical redecoes. Classics was never intended to give us a totally random new character just because his paintjob would have been better. (And imagine the fan outrage at say, a green Prowl repaint called, say "Lumberjack")

Look, this is really simple. The Prowl mold family is a boring toy because it doesn't do anything interesting. It even has elements making it not very fun to transform. And it never even had the benefit of an attractive catchy deco in its Hasbro releases. Smokescreen *could* have been, but the deco design was what it was. My whole intent was to point out these factors as one possible reason people were expressing hate on these toys. Too many, too frequently, not interesting enough.

Besides, it's not an all-or-nothing game, either. One needn't adhere slavishly in order to maintain links between characters, especially if that may prove detrimental to the toy. Silverstreak already wasn't duplicating the G1 toy's colors, or he'd be solid silver. Which wouldn't have helped at all either. (really, just to be funny they should have done Silverstreak with blue sides and silver top.) Prowl I can handwave, honestly. He's not supposed to be interesting. icon-fire.gif Plus you're either going to be drawn to a police deco or you're not, and if it's just the one instance that may come across as a little bland, that's probably okay. But it's running in the family now to a point where I'd be just as happy to never see a use of this mold ever again.

I have hopes for Jazz to be more interesting in some capacity, but even if he isn't we have good odds for a redeco to have some greater appeal.

#354 Powered Convoy

Powered Convoy

Skywarp Connoisseur

• Staff
  • 56139 posts

Posted 06 August 2010 - 02:32 PM

Jazz has flip out speakers in robot and car mode, he's already more interesting. icon-hotrod.gif

Randy

#355 ExVee

ExVee
  • Supporter
  • 8893 posts

Posted 06 August 2010 - 05:21 PM

Exactly. And if it gets around to Ricochet, even if it omits a Targetmaster or same-styled gun like Scourge, if the toy can hold 5mm pegs I've got spares to outfit with. Plus at least black car with flame deco is also a somewhat interesting appearance.

It makes me sad Hot Shot is "Yellow Car From Armada" automatically and so "Ricochet/Stepper Homage From RiD" is off the table.

#356 Cat

Cat
  • Retired Staff
  • 11259 posts

Posted 06 August 2010 - 08:46 PM

QUOTE(Daytonus @ Aug 6 2010, 08:57 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
(And imagine the fan outrage at say, a green Prowl repaint called, say "Lumberjack")

Lumberjack sounds okay.

icon-fire.gif
Looking For Master Replicas .45 Scale Luke Skywalker ROTJ Lightsabre

#357 Shadewing

Shadewing

Evil faces a Black Night

• Supporter
  • 31040 posts

Posted 06 August 2010 - 09:27 PM

QUOTE(Mecha KJ @ Aug 6 2010, 07:46 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE(Daytonus @ Aug 6 2010, 08:57 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Lumberjack sounds okay.

icon-fire.gif

Only if he's a British singing crossdresser. icon-waspy.gif

3DS Friend Code: 0387-9040-3532

Twitch Channel

Youtube Replays

VOTE for what I play on 8/30!

Friday: Sonic Generations - Sunday: Transformers WFC - Tuesday: Little Inferno

#358 Canthros

Canthros

Why don't Pac-Man wanna eat eyes?

• Citizen
  • 2919 posts

Posted 06 August 2010 - 10:42 PM

Like his dear papa.

Edited by Canthros, 06 August 2010 - 10:43 PM.

Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over.